Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 05-05-2008, 03:27 PM   #1
BAC369
Bat Boy

Smile Very large league - need some advice

I have a 56 team league (9 divisions, with 6 teams in each) that works really well but the computer schedule basically sets up a scenario where every team plays every other team 2 or three times. I would like to enter a schedule where there are mroe division games. One thing that I have considered is the following:

Teams # of games Total games
Division games: 5 12 60
1 other division 6 5 30
6 divisions 36 2 72
1 division 6 0 0

So this would alternate year to year, so the division that you play the 5 games with one year is not played at all the next year. I'm a complete noob at scheduling, so I guess my question is if this is even feasible, and if there is anyway to set it up so it rotates correctly, or if I'm looking at making up what, 18 different schedules to manually rotate each year. Thanks in advance for your input guys.
BAC369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:28 AM   #2
gmo
Hall Of Famer

I put some thought into this, but I was kind of brain-fried tonight and did not get far. The 9 divisions thing makes it more complicated.

It is more heavily unbalanced, but would you be interested in 18 games per division opponent? That leaves 48 other teams and 72 games. I am thinking then either 6 games each against 12 of the teams or 3 games each against 24 of the teams, then with additional schedules that cycle through the other teams in other seasons.
gmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:08 AM   #3
BAC369
Bat Boy

I like the 18 games, that seems more realistic with three 3 game home and home series. Then the six games against the other 2 divisions would be great. So how do I do it? Thanks gmo.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:40 AM   #4
gmo
Hall Of Famer

I think I already have a schedule with 6-team divisions that can be adapted to fit this. I have worked on it some and think I have a plan figured out for how to do that, but it will be tomorrow before I can really dive into it and determine for sure.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:00 PM   #5
BAC369
Bat Boy

Whenever you can get around to it would be fantastic. Thanks for looking at it for me gmo.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:41 PM   #6
gmo
Hall Of Famer

The attached is not exactly how I described above. The 72 interdivision games are in 24 series against 24 different teams. Those 24 teams are 3 teams from each of the other 8 divisions. Schedules get randomized season to season, so there is no set cycling among the various matchups. But over a long enough series of seasons you would expect each team to play every other interdivisional opponent about the same number of times.

Any problems or questions, let me know.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:14 PM   #7
BAC369
Bat Boy

Thanks gmo. I really appreciate it. I am looking forward to running it this weekend.