Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 04-24-2007, 06:00 PM   #1
Oxydizer
All Star Reserve

Logo's in trade for schedules

I need 6 schedules for my solo league. Here's the breakdown:

ML: 162 games.
AAA: 144 games.
AA: 130 games.
A: 120 games.
Short A: 86 games.
Rookie: 62 games.

My Major league thru A levels are 1 league, 16 teams, 4 divisions each. Balanced schedule format.

Short A and Rookie are 1 League, 8 teams, 2 divisions each, also balanced shcedule format.

I would like all schedules to have a all-star game.

I would like the schedules set up so that different teams have different days off, and not all teams have the same day off, you know a realistic schedule.

In return, I will make you a set of logo's, the number of logo's is no concern to me, as long as you don't want, say 1000 !!! That would take a while for me.

Here is a sample of what I am calling my "next" generation logo. it looks great in the game and you can read it easly. Gone are the multiple rings, I do all my logo's in just an outer ring today.

Thanks for reading!
Attached Images

Last edited by Oxydizer; 04-24-2007 at 06:04 PM.
Oxydizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:13 PM   #2
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Can't help you with your exact requests, but can offer a few real-world minor league schedules which might be suitable if you're willing to compromise a bit:

AAA, 4-4-4-4 alignment, 144 games: The real Pacific Coast League offers schedules using a 16-16-4-4 or a 16-8-8-8 format. There's also schedules from the years the American Association and International League played an interleague schedule. The formats are 142 games, 18-12-5-5 and 146 games, 18-12-5/6-5/6. No balanced formats, I'm afraid.

AA, 4-4-4-4 alignment, 130 games: No real world example fits this setup. You could use the PCL or AA-IL schedules. Or, if you were willing to split up your AA level into two 8-team leagues, you could have a 140 or 126 game balanced schedule for each but there's no interleague play.

A, 4-4-4-4 alignment, 120 games: No real world example fits this setup. You could opt for the same solution as proposed for your AA level.

Short Season A, 4-4 alignment, 86 games: You have a variety of potential options here. A true balanced schedule would be 84 games; for that, the 1998 Northeast League schedule would fit. If you want 86 games, then the 1998 or 1999 Northern League schedule would fit (the split of games against other opponents is 14-12-12-12-12-12-12 for the former and 13-13-12-12-12-12-12 for the latter).

However, these independent league schedules do run longer in terms of days than current Short Season A league schedules. If you were willing to use a 76 game schedule, then you could use the 1999 New York-Penn League schedule (the split of games is 11-11-11-11-11-11-10).

Rookie, 4-4 alignment, 62 games: No direct fits, as the schedule you want is too short. If you were willing, you could either opt for the NYP league schedule mentioned for Short Season A, or you could go for the 1980 Northwest League or any of several years of Pioneer League schedules which have a 70 game balanced season.

All of the above suggestions have the advantage of being real schedules used by actual minor leagues in the real world.

A personal aside: you do realize that using a balanced schedule with a divisional structure is heresy? I mean, you're making the divisions meaningless with a balanced schedule! Sorry, I simply had to rant about that.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:24 AM   #3
Oxydizer
All Star Reserve

A personal aside: you do realize that using a balanced schedule with a divisional structure is heresy? I mean, you're making the divisions meaningless with a balanced schedule! Sorry, I simply had to rant about that. [/quote]

OK, I understand you point here that having a balanced schedule is meaningless....But why??? why is it meaningless to have a balances schedule, after all. all teams in the league would play each other about the same amount of time with a balanced schedule......Right?
Old 04-25-2007, 08:42 AM   #4
sutto
Minors (Double A)

Why have divisions at all if you're having a balanced schedule? The point of divisions is to play the majority of your games against teams in your division, isn't it?

Divisions with a balanced schedule isn't heresy, it just doesn't make any sense.
sutto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:52 PM   #5
magnet
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutto View Post
Why have divisions at all if you're having a balanced schedule? The point of divisions is to play the majority of your games against teams in your division, isn't it?

Divisions with a balanced schedule isn't heresy, it just doesn't make any sense.
Notice LGO's location. A senseless schedule IS heresy to him!
magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:15 PM   #6
Oxydizer
All Star Reserve

Well senceless or heresy...I don't care!!! Why does it not make any sence to have balanced schedules in a single league with 4 divisions. no body has answered that one for me yet.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:14 PM   #7
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxydizer View Post
Well senceless or heresy...I don't care!!! Why does it not make any sence to have balanced schedules in a single league with 4 divisions. no body has answered that one for me yet.
Actually, sutto did, but I'll reiterate.

If you have a multi-divisional structure but use a balanced schedule, you've made the divisions arbitrary and meaningless since all teams are played the same number of times. You could re-arrange the standings at the end of the season grouping up teams into divisions any way you want and it'd be equally legitimate in terms of standings since a balanced schedule assigns no weight to games played within a given division.

In order for competition for a division title to have proper merit, clubs should play more games against divisional opponents than non-divisional opponents. It should be noted that divisions are often geographically-based arrangements, and divisional weighting to a schedule also means more games against closer rivals and reduced travel costs.

However, all that said, it is your league and you are free to do things any way you wish if that's what you find enjoyable. So just consider this an a discussion on scheduling theory and nothing more.

By the way, let me know if the potential solutions I proposed are okay with you or not. If some of them are, just indicate which ones and I can get those schedule files put together for you.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:40 PM   #8
Kuttner
Minors (Triple A)

Ok Oxydizer -
Here's my first attempt at making someone (besides me) a schedule. I put together a 120 game schedule for your A league. Here are the highlights:

*1 league, 4 divisions of 4 teams each
*Each team plays each team 8 times (4h/4a)
*All star break of 3 days (falls after the 60th game)
*No homestand or roadtrip longer than 12 games
*Teams have different days off, and not all teams have same day off (except for AS break)

I tested this schedule on a 16 team fictional league and it seemed to run fine (ie. 60 games home/60 games away, all teams played 120 games, AS game worked) but you might want to give it a try before you add it to your universe. I'm not sure I totally have the hang of this schedule making thing but I figured I'd give it a go... plus your logos are too good to pass up. Let me know how it goes.
Good luck!
-Kuttner
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl schedule_120.lsdl (48.1 KB, 214 views)
Kuttner is offline   Reply With Quote