Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Hotfix 21.1.33 - OOTP 21 Available - FHM 6 Available

OOTP Baseball 21 Available Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 03-28-2006, 07:30 PM   #221
Jason
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 202x in 133 posts
Wow...I would have missed that if not for this thread. That was a very promising start. I'd like to see where that would go.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 07:34 PM   #222
UngratefulDead
Banned

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Yeah, that was an excellent dynasty. Hope pat brings it back.
UngratefulDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 03:45 PM   #223
Y0DA55
All Star Starter

Thanked 9x in 7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale And Eli's Dad
Wow...I would have missed that if not for this thread. That was a very promising start. I'd like to see where that would go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngratefulDead
Me too.

This next one is a good one. I really suggest checking it out.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:54 PM   #224
Y0DA55
All Star Starter

Thanked 9x in 7 posts
#34 – “Bobby Don Southworth hired to lead Tribe

Started by: RebelYell

Formatting is a huge reason why I will bother to look beyond the first post in a dynasty. I figure that if something is formatted badly, then the author doesn’t really care. Thusly, why should I? I look at the first post of this one and I think to myself, “This is going to be a pain to read.” This explains why I never really paid any attention to this.

But now I don’t really have a choice, because I have to write about it. I’ve been pretty lazy this week as far as updating, so I figure I should give this one a look.

And I should have given this a look a long time ago, because it’s good. Between the games, “letters to home,” questions mailbag, and the tangents that go back into his life, there’s a plentiful supply of writing styles.

The last thing I mentioned, the tangents in his life, are the most interesting, in my opinion. If you haven’t read this one (shame on you (and me, for that matter)) don’t skip ahead. There definitely is a surprise waiting for you in the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCubsAndJays
You sir, have gotten me immersed into the off-field aspects, and for that, I salute you.
Big Flippin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell in This Thread at various points in one post
For me, it's my first time in Seattle other than a flight stopover. I flew through here once on my way to play summer ball in Alaska. It was raining the last time I was here. Imagine that.

Seattle is a Greenday kind of place for me. As pessimistic as their music is, it makes me feel happy. Young. Ready to take on all that is wrong in the world.
Yep, it does rain here in Seattle a lot.

And I totally agree with the Green Day thought.

Anyways, this is DEFANITELY one you should check out. RY hasn’t been on since the middle of March, hopefully he’ll come back, because this NEEDS to be updated. One can’t leave us all in a cliffhanger like this.

Even though the formatting can use some work, this one deserves all the popcorn I can give it.

Worth a Look Score:

dolawithinapost: It's dynasties like this that make this Top 75 worth it.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:42 PM   #225
pat
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 4x in 4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale And Eli's Dad
Quote:
Originally Posted by UD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda
Me too.
I've deleted the file before, but here's my latest. I haven't updated it recently though.

http://ootpdevelopments.com/board/sh...t=Resurrection

Previous Leagues - Time Warp Baseball / International Federation of Baseball / Professional Baseball Replay League / No Pepper Baseball League

Current OOTP 16 Leagues - MLB Pro - (2014-Present) Detroit Tigers, Sim Sports Global - (2016-Present) Washington Nationals
pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 09:18 PM   #226
DWrightMVPin09
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Just wondering, has Diary of a can't miss prospect been named yet?
DWrightMVPin09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 10:38 PM   #227
ifspuds
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 4x in 3 posts
Nope, not yet. I fully expect it to crack the Top Ten at least.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:06 AM   #228
RebelYell
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
thank you for the popcorns, Yoda

I just don't get here as much as I used to or need to, but was pleasantly surprised to get a mention with my Bobby Don Southworth dynasty.

You've even inspired me to go through and format the thing so that it's more user-friendly. Don't know if you can tell, but I'm a newspaper guy and we just type and type and type and cram it all together. It'll take a little while to fix it all, but I got a start on it. I'm kind of a newbie to threads like this. One day I hope to learn how to paste my dadgum standings like everybody else does, but I'm usually a week or two ahead in games.
I *still* insist that a very valuable tool for OOTP would be to have the ability to print standings on a certain day. BBW has this ability, so ... ???

I have to say I've also been inspired by many of ya'll threads. There's good stuff in this part of the forum and I hope it doesn't go away (or at least moves over) when the new game comes out. I'd definitely hire a few of you if I was still managing a newsroom

Take care and thanks for the props and the visits. I'll be around.

As for the Indians and BD, I'm far ahead in the season of where I've posted. I'll try to start doing some catch-up work and hope more people will find the story intriguing and worthwhile.

And coming soon:
The World Cup of Baseball
RebelYell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 01:16 PM   #229
Jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifspuds
Thanks for the compliment but I HIGHLY doubt it'll be top 10. I'm honestly surprised it hasn't been on the list already. I was hoping I'd crack the top 40 but I never thought it would be higher than 39 or 40.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:01 PM   #230
Jason
Hall Of Famer

A quick threadjack:

We all love Y0DA. Almost enough to want his babies but not quite.

As a bit of a tribute to his hard work...and an attempt to bring some additional attention to our much overlooked forum...when he's done with his Top 75 you'll have a chance to sound off on them. How? With our Dynasty Challenge.

I'm going to take the top 65 dynasties and bracket them like a NCAA Tourney. (I.E. Numbers 1-4 will be #1 seeds, 5-8 #2 seeds, etc.) They'll be matched up based entirely on their ranking in this list.

Meaning: #1 faces the winner of the play in game between #64 and #65. #2 will be a #1 seed facing the #16 seed which was #63 in this list, etc.

We'll all vote and see how close we end up to where Y0DA placed everything.

And before you wonder, yes, he's cool with it and I asked his permission before saying anything.

So if you want to keep score at home, you can make your own list to know who will be facing who in round 1. Then we can see if any powerhouses like GForce's Austin thread fall in the early rounds. (Doubtful! )

Anyway, back to the countdown already in progress...
Old 04-03-2006, 05:04 PM   #231
jeheinz72
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 10x in 7 posts
Great idea DAED
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 07:43 PM   #232
Jestor
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 5x in 5 posts
Interesting idea.
Jestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:51 AM   #233
Jason
Hall Of Famer

We'll have to make a change because seth70liz76 says he doesn't want any of his threads to be included in it. So we'll have to rank the threads without him being a participant.

(Just letting you know so when the brackets are released you don't ask why his threads aren't in it.)
Old 04-05-2006, 01:45 PM   #234
Y0DA55
All Star Starter

Thanked 9x in 7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat
I've deleted the file before, but here's my latest. I haven't updated it recently though.

http://ootpdevelopments.com/board/sh...t=Resurrection
Darn... At least the new one looks pretty decent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWrightMVPin09
Just wondering, has Diary of a can't miss prospect been named yet?
Quote:
We'll see

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell
I just don't get here as much as I used to or need to, but was pleasantly surprised to get a mention with my Bobby Don Southworth dynasty.

You've even inspired me to go through and format the thing so that it's more user-friendly. Don't know if you can tell, but I'm a newspaper guy and we just type and type and type and cram it all together. It'll take a little while to fix it all, but I got a start on it. I'm kind of a newbie to threads like this. One day I hope to learn how to paste my dadgum standings like everybody else does, but I'm usually a week or two ahead in games.
I *still* insist that a very valuable tool for OOTP would be to have the ability to print standings on a certain day. BBW has this ability, so ... ???

I have to say I've also been inspired by many of ya'll threads. There's good stuff in this part of the forum and I hope it doesn't go away (or at least moves over) when the new game comes out. I'd definitely hire a few of you if I was still managing a newsroom

Take care and thanks for the props and the visits. I'll be around.

As for the Indians and BD, I'm far ahead in the season of where I've posted. I'll try to start doing some catch-up work and hope more people will find the story intriguing and worthwhile.

This post made my day. Keep it up RY, I really enjoyed reading it the other day, and look forward to the future. And the formatting looks really nice now, makes it so much easier to read. Thanks!
Old 04-05-2006, 01:46 PM   #235
Y0DA55
All Star Starter

Thanked 9x in 7 posts
#33 – “A Series of Fortunate Events"

Started by: Cardinal Rule

I love buildup as much as anyone else (the Austin James dynasty is just one big buildup), but there is a point at which you need to move it along. I didn’t read this one (and I apologize as I feel I have less and less times for things these days… but this countdown must go on… or never finish), but the readers seemed to really enjoy it. I just felt that as I skimmed, I was never really given a prize for reading that far.

***Spoiler***
I guess the only thing that really quenched my thirst in this thread was the announcement that all the minor leaguers were let out of their contracts
***End Spoiler***

The league never started up play, we just got a whole bunch of background. Background is good, but sometimes you need to move forward (which I know can be hard).

The whole premise is interesting though, which is where this one shines. The Unfortunate Events part really caught my attention as this one was being written. Ideas like this could go anywhere, but this one hasn’t been updated since October, and I have no idea how much this was hurt because of the crash. So maybe we’ll never know where this one was headed.

Worth a Look Score:

Last edited by Y0DA55; 04-05-2006 at 01:51 PM.
Y0DA55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 01:49 PM   #236
ifspuds
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 4x in 3 posts
I really liked SoFE, if for nothing else than the writing, which was excellent. Yeah, it never got into games, but it was enjoyable to read. Especially the bits about Bud Selig, which were always good for a laugh.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:10 PM   #237
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 300x in 205 posts
Quote:
The league never started up play, we just got a whole bunch of background. Background is good, but sometimes you need to move forward (which I know can be hard).
Beyond the worry for my writeup, which will heopfully be soon eliminated (well by soon by May or so). But ya no sense building things up if the audience never gets a payoff. That's just being a tease
canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 01:51 PM   #238
Y0DA55
All Star Starter

Thanked 9x in 7 posts
Quote:
I really liked SoFE, if for nothing else than the writing, which was excellent. Yeah, it never got into games, but it was enjoyable to read. Especially the bits about Bud Selig, which were always good for a laugh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancreed
Beyond the worry for my writeup, which will heopfully be soon eliminated (well by soon by May or so). But ya no sense building things up if the audience never gets a payoff. That's just being a tease
I agree with both of these, for the record.

Here comes #32
Old 04-06-2006, 01:52 PM   #239
Y0DA55
All Star Starter

Thanked 9x in 7 posts
#32 – “International Independent Alliance

Started by: AZJAZ

This one is sort of an extension of the Great Lakes Baseball Alliance. It isn’t really a sequel, but it does incorporate some of the players from the original league (we all get attached to some of the guys we play with).

A suggestion for dynasty makers: pace yourself. As a reader, I don’t think that I am going to get into a dynasty if there are 40 posts made in one day (unless those 40 posts were in Tib’s “Short Hop” dynasty, but that’s a whole other animal). And if you don’t believe me, check out how many people replied to this thread. That should tell you all you need to know.

Not that this is a bad dynasty. It’s got some pictures and graphics to keep you occupied and there is a little bit of story in there (for those of you who like the story part). But for some reason, this one just doesn’t “do it” for me. Your tastes may differ though.

Worth a Look Score:
Old 04-06-2006, 03:18 PM   #240
MattH3322
All Star Reserve

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
I have never been big into dynasty threads. I have read a few here and there, and I am missing Short Hop like a crack head with no money. I have always thought about starting one but never had a good enough idea until a month ago or so. Then stopped thinking about it till I started reading this thread today. I think I am going to start it tonight. Watch out for the "Tales of an Expansion Team"