Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

FHM 6 Available Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 06-23-2005, 02:38 AM   #1
Poweshow
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 117x in 48 posts
Help With Catobase

okay, bear with me, ive never done this at all before and dont really know exactly what I am looking for. The first thing is, is Catobase only for the internet? Or could I have my own "just me league" and still have catobase without looking at any of it on the internet? If if it just an internet thing then read no further because there is no pooint of me doing this then.

So I install the catobase, got the new version, read the directions, and I am up to the point in which I have to creat a folder to store the catobase in. So in my OOTP folder I have a folder named downloads, and in their I have the "Catobase History" as the directions advised me to do. I dont know if the catobase can be here, or if it has to be within the league folder. Within the folder I have created though, it still has the data and website folder. So I think i am on the right track.

The thing that I think might be stopping this whole thing is I have my league, but I have not drafted anybody yet. I am trying to set everything up before hand, making sure that I can actually use the catobase. Do I have to draft before I can set up the catobase for this league? Any help is appreciated!
Poweshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 02:49 AM   #2
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 145x in 77 posts
Catobase can be used offline, I do. Where you locate the output folders isn't really important, as I have them go into a different partition on my HD. You can set up the catobase before you do the draft, but you don't really use it until after the season is over.

How I have it set up, is that I have the Cato program export to an mlb folder on my HD and withing that folder I have another folder labeled website, which is where all the Cato pages go. It's not to bad to set up once you know how to do it.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:57 AM   #3
Poweshow
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 117x in 48 posts
So as of right now, I have the catobase set up in a different folder, BUT i will only upload all the information to the catobase after the season is over? Is that correct? If so when do you mean when the season is over? RIGHT after the world series end? Or after you push the button to go to the next season? Once again thank you for your help.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:01 AM   #4
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 145x in 77 posts
Before you "press the button" You can set up the Cato DB right now with where everything is going to point to, but you don't import the stats until after WS.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:15 AM   #5
diesel230
All Star Reserve

Thanked 208x in 127 posts
This has been very helpfull for me so far.http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...p/t-65158.html

But im having a problem. When i hit the import stats button, everything is going fine until it says "There was a error reading playoffs data.Catobase needs the league html file created by ootp for playoff results" I am at the "proceed to next season" screen. Do i need to "Hit the button" to generate playoff data? I appreciate any help
diesel230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 07:48 AM   #6
Scott Vibert
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 232x in 164 posts
You should be able to just generated the HTML reports and copy the league.html file to your Catobase data folder and then import as per normal.
Scott Vibert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:10 AM   #7
glenmere14
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 60x in 21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Vibert
You should be able to just generated the HTML reports and copy the league.html file to your Catobase data folder and then import as per normal.
I ran into the same issue - the season is over and there is an html missing for the playoffs. I ran a search for all the html files in my 6.5 folders and there are no league.html files. What do I do next?
glenmere14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:51 AM   #8
littlechris1977
Major Leagues

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
I finally got Catobase to work but my team logos and player pictures aren't showing up. When I look at their pages.
Philippians 4:13
littlechris1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 12:06 PM   #9
marioh
All Star Starter

Thanked 9x in 8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmere14
I ran into the same issue - the season is over and there is an html missing for the playoffs. I ran a search for all the html files in my 6.5 folders and there are no league.html files. What do I do next?

Do not hit proceed to next season.
*Set up a folder for your league export.
In OOTP, goto the Online League Setup.
*Under league-->Online League Setup make your destination folder the folder you just set up for your league export.
*Generate report. (player pages, box scores, and game logs do not matter).

Once exported to the folder you specified, copy the following files to the folder which holds the boxscores (the folder is named league_news_box or something like that) for the league that you're importing :
league.html
lnews.html
ltrans.html

Then run Catobase and import the season.

I believe you have to do this at the end of each season.
marioh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 12:24 PM   #10
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,599x in 2,179 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marioh
Do not hit proceed to next season.
*Set up a folder for your league export.
In OOTP, goto the Online League Setup.
*Under league-->Online League Setup make your destination folder the folder you just set up for your league export.
*Generate report. (player pages, box scores, and game logs do not matter).

Once exported to the folder you specified, copy the following files to the folder which holds the boxscores (the folder is named league_news_box or something like that) for the league that you're importing :
league.html
lnews.html
ltrans.html

Then run Catobase and import the season.

I believe you have to do this at the end of each season.
You don't have to copy files anywhere, just make sure when you initially setup your league for CATO you point it in the right direction to where the files are located. I have run CATO for many seasons and all I have to do at the end of each season is start CATO and Import Stats, then generate HTML pages if so desired.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 06-23-2005 at 01:26 PM.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 12:41 PM   #11
marioh
All Star Starter

Thanked 9x in 8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM
You don't have to copy files anywhere, just make sure when you initially setup your league for CATO you point it in the right direction to where the files are located. I have run CATO for many seasons and all I have to do at the end of each season is run the online html reports, start CATO and Import Stats, then generate HTML pages if so desired.

So CATO takes the path from where the OOTP Reports go to, or is that specified somewhere in CATO (I couldn't find the option to point to a specific location for the HTML files) ?
It could be the way I setup CATO to run which requires me to do this, since I run it against my backups and I have the OOTP Reports going to some obscure location not within the OOTP directory.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:23 PM   #12
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,599x in 2,179 posts
Are you running CATO 6.14?

If so, you do not need to run the online league reports. (My mistake for mentioning that previously, used to have to run them with older versions of CATO)

What I do is the following:

1. I have a folder on my D drive (can be anywhere you like, I use D) called "History"

2. Inside the History folder I have a folder for each league I'm running CATO on. Example, One of my leagues is called American Baseball League so the folder is named ABL

3. Once I have run my first season and am at the point where the "Proceed to next season" option is available, I close the game and start CATO.

4. I click the "file" menu, select "new" and then when the path window opens I direct it to my "ABL" folder.

5. I then click on Options in CATO, set the path to my league directory which will be the "lg" folder in the OOTP directory. I then make sure the "data directory" is set as follows: "d:\history\abl\data"

6. I set the other options in CATO, like how I want leaderboards, photos, logos and all that other stuff. I click the apply button at the bottom of each page.

7. Once I'm happy with my settings, I save everything.

8. Run CATO, hit "Import Stats" and that's it. CATO will import everything. Once that's done, I hit "Create HTML Pages"

9. CATO runs its course and that's it.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 06-23-2005 at 01:27 PM.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 01:48 PM   #13
marioh
All Star Starter

Thanked 9x in 8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM
Are you running CATO 6.14?

If so, you do not need to run the online league reports. (My mistake for mentioning that previously, used to have to run them with older versions of CATO)
Yes, I'm running 6.14. I'll have to check tonight to see if it works, for me, without the export. I know when Cato install ran, I didn't let it overwrite any of my newer files. That could potentially be the reason why it didn't work for me without the export, maybe the commishjoe exporters don't work with the files that I kept or something (I don't know what they're programmed in or if they need any external files/routines/functions in order to work properly).
Or it could just be user error.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:03 PM   #14
diesel230
All Star Reserve

Thanked 208x in 127 posts
Does anyone know how i would find the playoffs folder? i continue getting this --- "There was a error reading playoffs data.Catobase needs the league html file created by ootp for playoff results" Thanks in advance
diesel230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 05:14 PM   #15
Poweshow
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 117x in 48 posts
Okay, So i just finished my first season. And i think I pretty much have catobase running. HOWEVER everytime i push "import stats" it says: "File not found, make sure the file exist and the correct path is set in the Options screen" THEN "File not found: C:\OOTP LEAGUE\league.csv

I THINK my problem is either between where I am setting my league directory or the data folder under the options menu.

for league directory i have:

C:\Program Files\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP 6.5\National Baseball League.lg

for the data directory i have:

C:\OOTP LEAGUE

inside of the C:\OOTP LEAGUE folder i have everything I imported from the "league setup" button inside of OOTP. The button that you actually push to import files out of OOTP. Also I remember not unselecting player data, box scores and the 3 things that they said I didnt need. The didnt say I couldnt have them.

DOES ANYBODY see where I messed up along the line?
Thanks for any help
Old 06-24-2005, 05:19 PM   #16
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 145x in 77 posts
Which version of Cato are you running? Make sure you DL'd 5.4, 6.0, and 6.14. Make sure you installed them in that oder also. I don't think you need to install 6.11, 6.12, and 6.13 in order for it to work, but if I am wrong, count on someone else to come by and correct me.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:43 PM   #17
Poweshow
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 117x in 48 posts
I think I got it now! I deleted catobase and reinstalled in the order you said... I thought I had done this the first time... apparently not. Its working like a gem now. THANKS MIKE D, you have been a HUGE help throughout.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:46 PM   #18
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 145x in 77 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweshow
I think I got it now! I deleted catobase and reinstalled in the order you said... I thought I had done this the first time... apparently not. Its working like a gem now. THANKS MIKE D, you have been a HUGE help throughout.
Good glad it worked out for you. I love CATO and am glad I got into, although I wish I had earlier.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:47 PM   #19
Poweshow
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 117x in 48 posts
my NEXT question.... where do I actually view the information at now?

Do i simply wait for the creat html button thing to be completed?
Old 06-24-2005, 06:08 PM   #20
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 145x in 77 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweshow
my NEXT question.... where do I actually view the information at now?

Do i simply wait for the creat html button thing to be completed?
You have to wait for HTML to be completed. You can look if you have MS Access at the MDB file, but it won't do much for you.