Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-29-2019, 10:36 PM   #421
Pine Tar
Minors (Double A)

I get that was a spoiler but how should OOPT handle that? You would have flagged the hide score thing but how would it know when to give you your packs? Iwould everyone who flagged that watch the replay? If a person decides not watch the replay then he would not get his packs?

Sounds a bit tricky to find something that would work for everyone but those that prefer to hide the score amy be able to suggest a solution that would work for everyone.

Pine Tar
Pine Tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 01:34 AM   #422
skep
Minors (Double A)

Hiding the visibility of packs in "hide score" mode would work.

skep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 04:18 PM   #423
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Anyone else having issues with color schemes changing when toggling back and forth from tournaments and main PT? My main PT team has a certain color scheme, but the last tournament color scheme I was in seems to carry over back to main PT. I can fix this by going into customize team-->advanced settings-->ok but it's kind of annoying.
This is not exclusive to tournaments. I have noticed the color scheme of the team I just logged out of showing up on some (not all) of the borders around things like scores and division standings while I'm logged into a different team. Very odd to see a team using the default Purple of the Rockies with maroon and gold borders...

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 06:37 PM   #424
Abnerdoubleday
Minors (Triple A)

In a daily tournament, cards that have sold, as well as those currently up for sale, are still available for putting on the active roster.
Abnerdoubleday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 07:15 PM   #425
Morgans Magic
Minors (Single A)

Also noticed that selling an INACTIVE duplicate of a card that is playing in a tourney game will cause the game to pull that guy from your roster mid-tourney and remake your team lineups/rosters when you try to enter a tourney subsequent.
Morgans Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:58 PM   #426
HipandKneeDoc
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Is there any real reason why there are so few Iron tournaments? We all have a lot of Iron cards, and it would be kinda fun to be able to use them more often. I understand that there is possibly less incentive to buy packs for this format, but there still seem to be plenty of bronze events, and we as a community probably aren't really buying many packs for these......

HipandKneeDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 03:51 PM   #427
skep
Minors (Double A)

Hipandknee we just took it to game 7 in a gold 32. You were looking good up 1 in the 9th but Smoky Burgess hit a triple to bring in the winning runs.

Would love to see some more iron tournaments (and some bronze dailies/weeklies for that matter). Iron seems like a really interesting puzzle to solve, as there is such a depth of options and you have to sacrifice in some areas to be strong in others.

Old 12-03-2019, 07:51 PM   #428
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by skep View Post
Would love to see some more iron tournaments (and some bronze dailies/weeklies for that matter). Iron seems like a really interesting puzzle to solve, as there is such a depth of options and you have to sacrifice in some areas to be strong in others.

And it's a natural format for Bo3, so is Bronze. No clue why the devs chose to use DoDs over Bo3s.
Old 12-04-2019, 03:57 PM   #429
skep
Minors (Double A)

There's been some talk of "sealed deck" tournaments wherein you get 10 packs and open them all, then have x amount of time to construct your team from those cards. I previously suggested there be a PP entry-fee for these events to cover the packs so you can keep the cards. Now I think it might be smarter to just have the packs as the entry fee.

I'm intending to try a free-to-play thing next edition, but would go pay-to-play model if there were sealed deck tournaments. If you gave people things to do with their packs other than just open them, the lust for packs would grow. Right now, especially deep into the offseason, packs are sort of whatever. I haven't cheesed the core game for achievement packs in months.

Last edited by skep; 12-04-2019 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-05-2019, 04:28 AM   #430
Pine Tar
Minors (Double A)

A better idea is to have tournament where everyone gets the same 25 players to use. The cards would be loaners so to speak ad players would not keep any of the cards. With everyone playing with the same 25 players the winners would be determined by how they managed the lineups and RNG of course.

I think it would be interesting to see how one would do in that situations.

Pine Tar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes I wonder, whatever happened to all the people I gave directions to ..
Never take a sleeping pill and laxative at the same time.
Pine Tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 09:11 AM   #431
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

that would be 100% rng silliness. at least make the pool bigger so people can pick their roster out of it
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 02:55 PM   #432
skep
Minors (Double A)

Got another spoiler. Just got 2nd in the Daily Early Silver. I was swept in the finals. I was down 0-3 with "Hide Scores" clicked but when the simulation downloaded, the bar under "Next Simulation" showed as "Finished", so I knew that I lost.

On another topic, it would be nice to have some basic info about the tournament in the replay window, perhaps under the "Options" and "View" drop down menus. The name of the tournament, the current round, and the current record would suffice.

Old 12-06-2019, 01:09 PM   #433
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

And daaayum could you please reduce the raw number of popup "Click OK herpderp" confirmation dialog boxes that tourneys generate?

Annoying as hell whilst browsing AH (or whatever).

"Click OK" prompts make the old programmer in me just cringe.

Last edited by Lemandria; 12-06-2019 at 01:10 PM.
Lemandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:37 PM   #434
bailey
Hall Of Famer

No tournament should have longer than a 24 hour timer. What's the point of announcing a monthly 30 days in advance? Monthly tournaments should run on the 1st Wednesday of the month, hyped on Kris Jardine's show on Monday night, open for entry on Tuesday and hopefully fill and run on Wednesday. Weekly tournaments Sunday This opens for entry on Saturday, Monday That on Sunday and so on. If it doesn't fill after 24 hours it goes to a 1 hour timer until filled. I don't understand the preference for a specific time to run or it just does not run until next day, week, or month. There are so many weeklies that don't run that I give up looking to see what card is being offered in each one because it's the same card as last week.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 02:58 PM   #435
Morgans Magic
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgans Magic View Post
Also noticed that selling an INACTIVE duplicate of a card that is playing in a tourney game will cause the game to pull that guy from your roster mid-tourney and remake your team lineups/rosters when you try to enter a tourney subsequent.

Really, what's the point in noting a difference btwn inactive and active players if selling either one has the same effect of taking them off your team, even in active tourneys? Why even make a distinction if the program doesn't?
Morgans Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 06:37 PM   #436
HipandKneeDoc
Minors (Rookie Ball)

btw.....thanks....

I complained about there not being enough iron tournaments.

It has been MUCH better recently in this regard.

Thanx.

HipandKneeDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 03:47 PM   #437
daves
Hall Of Famer

How long of a tournament history is kept in our participated tournaments under "YOUR TOURNAMENTS"?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 11:48 AM   #438
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Curious and no fun at all.

So sometime last night, round 7 or 8, the Brutes exited a tournament to collect their winnings and open their decks over in league S359.

Upon entering the home screen…why is my roster all Bronze? Did I go back into the tourney or something?

No, that’s not it. Apparently something nasty happened. Every one of my live roster players, the diamonds and golds and silvers, were deactivated. It had replaced my entire league team with a bronze tourney roster. Worse, a lot of the league team were in the dreaded 14 day reserve roster time out (many of them still are, at this moment.)

A 3/4 bronze 1/4 gold roster is in league play losing games right now, and there’s absolutely no way to stop it. 7 more ‘days’ until I can reactivate the bulk of the ‘real’ team…and very likely 7 more loses. The AI’s been attempting to activate the original team by shuffling players around while I was working (= more players in 14 day timeouts).

No, I’m not tanking. I assume a huge latency spike software glitch, but could be something else. Surely that’s been mega-tested. Did I make an ID10T? League teams can’t be loaded (hence overwriting), and the mass-activation/deactivation isn’t available in league play either?

I’m baffled.
acct: gs4elnath
team: Vancouver Brute Force
tournament exited...um 914 (I think), possibly 1522.
Old 01-02-2020, 03:46 AM   #439
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemandria View Post
Curious and no fun at all.

So sometime last night, round 7 or 8, the Brutes exited a tournament to collect their winnings and open their decks over in league S359.

Upon entering the home screen…why is my roster all Bronze? Did I go back into the tourney or something?

No, that’s not it. Apparently something nasty happened. Every one of my live roster players, the diamonds and golds and silvers, were deactivated. It had replaced my entire league team with a bronze tourney roster. Worse, a lot of the league team were in the dreaded 14 day reserve roster time out (many of them still are, at this moment.)

A 3/4 bronze 1/4 gold roster is in league play losing games right now, and there’s absolutely no way to stop it. 7 more ‘days’ until I can reactivate the bulk of the ‘real’ team…and very likely 7 more loses. The AI’s been attempting to activate the original team by shuffling players around while I was working (= more players in 14 day timeouts).

No, I’m not tanking. I assume a huge latency spike software glitch, but could be something else. Surely that’s been mega-tested. Did I make an ID10T? League teams can’t be loaded (hence overwriting), and the mass-activation/deactivation isn’t available in league play either?

I’m baffled.
acct: gs4elnath
team: Vancouver Brute Force
tournament exited...um 914 (I think), possibly 1522.
We are looking into this. Probably a one-in-a-million glitch. Sorry!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 02:56 PM   #440
skep
Minors (Double A)

It is clear now that making scheduled tournaments into quick tournaments if they don't fill isn't really working. The problem is systemic and requires a systemic solution, which I'm really hoping is coming in 21. What I'm hoping for is that the caps are lifted entirely on scheduled tournaments and byes are incorporated. I should be able to sign up for the daily silver minutes before it starts, not have to lock in a spot 12 hours beforehand. I should be able to sign up for the Tuesday silver bonanza and know that it is going to go off regardless of the number of players.