Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 08-19-2018, 04:20 PM   #1
KJDelaney
All Star Reserve

Angry Done

So, for some reason, this iteration of OOTP has had some problems, crashing, slow play, freezing. I have played through.

Until today.

As the Sox, Chris Sale just threw a PERFECT game, struck out 17. Mookie with 2 home runs, 5 RBI's

Game ends. I save, it crashes. Program not responding, blah blah.

I restart. Of course the results weren't saved.
So I sim.

Sox lose, Sale injured for 10 months. The dreaded torn labrum.

OOTP19 promptly deleted.
KJDelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 04:59 PM   #2
saturninesweet
Bat Boy

I've had the save crash happen a few times in OOTP 19, but only on exit saves, so I've taken to saving immediately after every game.

Unrelated, but while I'm a Red Sox fan, I rarely play as them in OOTP because, at least to me, the player ratings always seem...questionable. At best. And maybe that applies to all rosters in the game, and I just happen to know theirs best, but I can play as other teams and get player results that are in line with real world player performance, but the Sox...not so much. Betts usually ends up around a 2 WAR player, for example. Not particularly valuable in a corner outfield spot, and better traded away than retained as his salary begins to escalate.
saturninesweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 05:16 PM   #3
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

I had are really strange one happen yesterday. Was looking at the historical leaderboard. Clicked on the hits leader Pete Rose and the blue cursor spun for 3 or 4 seconds and the game disappeared from my screen. Restarted it and never happened again.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 05:49 PM   #4
Johnny Case
Minors (Single A)

I got one. Because of the Great Patch Disaster of August 2018, I had to revert to 2D play for my '54 season. And now the game is adding two losses for every one actual loss for the standings and team pages. 'Though not, to increase the bizareness, to the Play a Game schedule page.
Johnny Case is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 09:23 PM   #5
The Game
Hall Of Famer

My biggest issue so far is that the game freezes constantly on startup. I have to got to task MGR and end program 1-2 times to get the game to load. Took me 6 hrs to get the update to even install.Had to reboot twice and complete freezes.
I love OOTP but i despise this version.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 11:03 PM   #6
screamincheetah
Bat Boy

I'm on the 19.7.56 ... my original download... All's running fine. I'm guessing I shouldn't mess with any of the "hotfixes."
screamincheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 04:55 AM   #7
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

I suspect people won't like hearing this, but the crash on leaving the game issues the OP and a couple of you guys are describing are very likely related to OpenGL/outdated video card driver issues.

See here for an example:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=291819

If this is happening to you, the first thing to do is to update your video card drivers. As mentioned in the thread I linked, don't just assume they're updated since your system is supposed to be downloading them.

Actually check to see what version is installed and, even better, just manually download and update them yourself, even if you think the update should already be installed.

If after that you still have the same trouble, please try this. Go to 'settings' > '3d & facegen'. First try setting OpenGL mode to 'use only for 3d'. See if the game still crashes on leaving a played out 3d game. If it does, then go back to the same screen and this time try turning facegen off completely FaceGen (*) > Disabled

If either of those work for you or don't work for you, either way please let me know.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 04:59 AM   #8
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
My biggest issue so far is that the game freezes constantly on startup. I have to got to task MGR and end program 1-2 times to get the game to load. Took me 6 hrs to get the update to even install.Had to reboot twice and complete freezes.
I love OOTP but i despise this version.
I don't remember if I asked you before, but what are the specs of your system?

I hate to say anything with 100% certainty, but from what you're describing I really doubt this is a problem with this version or the game or this patch. It's almost certainly a system resource issue.

If that's the case, you'll likely find this sort of thing getting worse with each new version of OOTP (or any games you play) until you get an upgraded computer.

Old 08-20-2018, 05:02 AM   #9
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Case View Post
I got one. Because of the Great Patch Disaster of August 2018, I had to revert to 2D play for my '54 season. And now the game is adding two losses for every one actual loss for the standings and team pages. 'Though not, to increase the bizareness, to the Play a Game schedule page.
Unfortunately I have no idea what's going on here. This is definitely bizarre and getting more so as you describe more of what's going on.

Are you on Steam or on the standalone version of the game?

Can you send me an email or open a support ticket if you haven't already done so and we can try to work through some troubleshooting steps and see if we can figure this out?

If you have done so, please just be patient and I'll get back to you soon, I haven't been able to respond to everyone yet

Old 08-20-2018, 09:25 AM   #10
KJDelaney
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
I suspect people won't like hearing this, but the crash on leaving the game issues the OP and a couple of you guys are describing are very likely related to OpenGL/outdated video card driver issues.

See here for an example:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=291819

If this is happening to you, the first thing to do is to update your video card drivers. As mentioned in the thread I linked, don't just assume they're updated since your system is supposed to be downloading them.

Actually check to see what version is installed and, even better, just manually download and update them yourself, even if you think the update should already be installed.

If after that you still have the same trouble, please try this. Go to 'settings' > '3d & facegen'. First try setting OpenGL mode to 'use only for 3d'. See if the game still crashes on leaving a played out 3d game. If it does, then go back to the same screen and this time try turning facegen off completely FaceGen (*) > Disabled

If either of those work for you or don't work for you, either way please let me know.
My computer graphics, nvidia gforce 1080ti is up to date. The way my Omen is setup, the software is updated every 3-4 days.
The facegen settings/GL mode I had already worked on 3 updates ago.

Again, the program was deleted yesterday. Just had too many problems with OOTP19.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:48 AM   #11
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJDelaney View Post
The facegen settings/GL mode I had already worked on 3 updates ago.
If you notice the link I included, one of the users with a similar issue thought/assumed his system was correctly setup to update the drivers automatically but on investigating, found that while it was downloading them, it was not installing them and that was the problem. When he fixed that, this problem went away.

I'm not saying it's certain that's what's happening in your case, but it's a real possibility.

Additionally, just because a specific setting worked with a previous update, doesn't mean that it will always work with all future updates as well. Depending on what's changed, it's always possible that a setting that worked previously will not work now. That's not typically the case, but it can happen in certain instances. So that's why it's worth trying the different settings for folks who are having similar issues.

Obviously that's not possible in your case if you've deleted the game, but for other folks with a similar issue, it's one of the steps that need to be tried.

Old 08-20-2018, 10:26 AM   #12
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
I don't remember if I asked you before, but what are the specs of your system?

I hate to say anything with 100% certainty, but from what you're describing I really doubt this is a problem with this version or the game or this patch. It's almost certainly a system resource issue.

If that's the case, you'll likely find this sort of thing getting worse with each new version of OOTP (or any games you play) until you get an upgraded computer.
Lukas, your last paragraph is something I've finally started to wrap my head around this past weekend. I think OOTP has maybe passed me by and I can either keep banging my head against a wall, not accomplishing anything whatsoever, or make peace with the fact and move on. I spent this past weekend playing OOTP16. The last version before 3D introduced the spinning cursor and earthquake shakes. I had a blast. I guess what worries me is will technology/Windows finally make 16 obsolete? If 19 has already ruled my system not worthy, there's really is no reason to even contemplate OOTP20, 21 etc. as even if I buy a new computer, it won't be long before it's out of date as well.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:40 AM   #13
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Lukas, your last paragraph is something I've finally started to wrap my head around this past weekend. I think OOTP has maybe passed me by and I can either keep banging my head against a wall, not accomplishing anything whatsoever, or make peace with the fact and move on. I spent this past weekend playing OOTP16. The last version before 3D introduced the spinning cursor and earthquake shakes. I had a blast. I guess what worries me is will technology/Windows finally make 16 obsolete? If 19 has already ruled my system not worthy, there's really is no reason to even contemplate OOTP20, 21 etc. as even if I buy a new computer, it won't be long before it's out of date as well.
The spinning cursor is indicative of a system resource problem. On a system that can handle OOTP it will happen occasionally on a few screens but only for a short time, not enough to pose a problem or even be especially noticeable. If it's happening to a large extent and is super noticeable, that's an indication right there that your system can't really handle the game.

That being said, any new computer you buy now should be good for quite a few more versions of OOTP, assuming it's not a bottom shelf system.

Most other games will cause a system to become obsolete much faster than OOTP will as they're much more graphics dependant than we are, even with the strides we've made in 3d.

But yeah, for any game, not just OOTP, this is a problem everyone eventually has to face. To keep playing updated games, you reach a point sooner or later where you need an updated system. And yes, eventually it becomes harder and harder to run old copies of games/old operating systems as well. It's just an unfortunate part of how technology works, it's always changing.

Old 08-20-2018, 11:05 AM   #14
KJDelaney
All Star Reserve

Quote:

If system specs were a cause to the problems, then I am really screwed.

I have a Windows 10, 32gb Ram, 2tb SSD card, with Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti. Network is 1gb speed.
Old 08-20-2018, 12:03 PM   #15
TPinrose
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

I don't know what your specs are, but before you go out and buy a new computer, the recommended specs for OOTP are quite low.

These guys worked hard to correct the patch issue last week, and they still seem to be focused on it. However, it's no surprise when they start looking outside their software for issues. It makes sense and there are a lot of outside influences on user's computers. But Devs being human also sometimes get it wrong. There are still plenty of people with issues that began with the recent patches. I wouldn't look for a new machine just yet.
TPinrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 12:29 PM   #16
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPinrose View Post
I don't know what your specs are, but before you go out and buy a new computer, the recommended specs for OOTP are quite low.

These guys worked hard to correct the patch issue last week, and they still seem to be focused on it. However, it's no surprise when they start looking outside their software for issues. It makes sense and there are a lot of outside influences on user's computers. But Devs being human also sometimes get it wrong. There are still plenty of people with issues that began with the recent patches. I wouldn't look for a new machine just yet.
I actually own a non AMD laptop as well. Installed the game this weekend. I still get the spinning cursor on it as well. It may be a little shorter, but it still exists. Believe me, I won't be running out to buy a new computer until my desktop bites the dust. Even then, I may simply install 16 and save myself the headaches brought on by 3D, an aspect of OOTP you would have to torture me to make me use. I didn't get along with The Wolf, but his musings on 3D are ringing true more and more every single day, every single version.

Last edited by David Watts; 08-20-2018 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-20-2018, 01:16 PM   #17
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJDelaney View Post
If system specs were a cause to the problems, then I am really screwed.

I have a Windows 10, 32gb Ram, 2tb SSD card, with Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti. Network is 1gb speed.
I wasn't saying system specs are a cause of this issue, not at all. Just that on some of the issues David has had, maybe they are.