Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 06-08-2018, 06:15 AM   #1
HyenaDandy
Bat Boy

Crashing When Exiting Games

My game crashes after every game. Not during the game, and not when simulating things. The only time the game crashes is after a game has been played (or simulated through) and I have hit the 'leave game' button. I've updated my drivers, I've reinstalled... I would have guessed maybe possibly I just can't play the game, my computer can't handle leaving games for some reason, except for the fact that this morning, it was running just fine and I played several games in a row. It's only this specific part of the game. It's just that, frustratingly, that part of the game is the part that won't play.

This is not the game STOPPED RESPONDING, and is being processed still. It specifically goes right to stopped working. And I want to be clear that the game HAS worked in the past.

As another point, around when this started, I also started to have an error in game. When given the choice for a player to attempt to stretch a play (for example, when a fielder has the ball and he's on second, etc) when I click the response, it wouldn't actually show me the events play out. It would only show me the result, with him either suddenly on the next base, or suddenly out. It appeared a second window had popped up behind the choice window, but I wouldn't be able to click it.
HyenaDandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 08:29 AM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

We've had a few reports of this lately and are looking into it. In the meantime, can you go to the 3d settings and try setting the OpenGL mode to each of the different options in turn to see if any of them change the results you're getting and let you finish a game without getting a crash?

Changing that to "Use OpenGL only for 3D" has worked for some folks. But if that doesn't work you might try each of the other settings as well. Let us know how that goes.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 04:08 AM   #3
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Are you on Windows or a Mac?

Old 06-12-2018, 03:00 AM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Could we get some more information about your settings if possible?

A screenshot of both your 3D settings (start screen > settings > 3d and facegen) and full pregame settings would be very helpful! Thanks!

Old 07-10-2018, 10:48 PM   #5
Mannyw
Minors (Single A)

I've been having the exact same problem. Fairly nice system, please see my attachments.

I also attached my 3D setting. I changed OpenGL rendering GPU to; GeForce GTX 1070. Previously it was; Use global setting (Auto-select).

Hopefully, this will continue working.

Good luck .
Attached Images
Image Image 
Mannyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:51 PM   #6
Mannyw
Minors (Single A)

To update my above fix....on the next game I crashed again.

I have updated all drivers with Drive Booster, update Framework C++, dropped crowds down to low, no luck.

Earlier versions I didn't crash on but about two patches or so ago this crashing started. I really am to the point of calling the game unplayable at this point for me.

This needs to be addressed more quickly than it seems to be.
Mannyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 08:58 PM   #7
ross11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Same issue

No matter how I play the game, when I hit leave game, the game crashes. I have reinstalled. windows 10 direct buy. no steam or anything. Updated GEForce video card as well. Tried full screen and windowed. I have played the same game about 20 times which is good practice and all, but it would be great to move on to game 2.
ross11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 11:15 AM   #8
ross11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

ping. Can we get a response please?
Old 07-20-2018, 04:38 PM   #9
ross11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Really like to play the game

ping
Old 07-21-2018, 05:02 AM   #10
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross11 View Post
No matter how I play the game, when I hit leave game, the game crashes. I have reinstalled. windows 10 direct buy. no steam or anything. Updated GEForce video card as well. Tried full screen and windowed. I have played the same game about 20 times which is good practice and all, but it would be great to move on to game 2.
Really sorry about the issues!

Have you tried everything suggested in the first post here? If so, if we can get all your system specs as per the questions in the bottom of that post it would be helpful and I can help more after that. Thanks!

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=286951

Old 07-22-2018, 06:22 AM   #11
tryagin53
Bat Boy

I have exactly the same issue.

I've tried every setting for the OpenGL mode.

The game is newly purchased through Steam and is fully patched inc today's patch. Steam overlay turned off.

System PC - Intel i 7-7700HQ, 24mb ram, Win 10.
Graphics - GTX 1070 - drivers updated.

Hope you can help.
tryagin53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 11:04 PM   #12
ross11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Last update fixed

Thanks for the reply. Latest update seems to have fixed the issue. I will let you know if it continues. I have been here since OOTP 3 and this is the first real issue I have ever had. Great project.
Old 08-05-2018, 06:50 PM   #13
MrDov
Minors (Triple A)

I've had the exact same issue over the last couple months and OOTP19 has been unplayable for me because every file I start gets to a point fairly quickly where crashes prevent me from going any further in the season. I've uninstalled/reinstalled countless times. I've followed the crashing/freezing suggested fixes without any success. This morning I went all in, updating my computer, uninstalling software and games I no longer use, defraging my hard drive, etc. Still ran into the issue. It's a fictional start with leagues based on the US, Japan, Korea, Mexico, and Cuba. Every league started with a fantasy draft. I simmed all the way to opening day without issue, played the first game, then upon exiting the game got stuck in the view attached. Weirdly enough, the screen was still interactive and I was able to save and exit. I've stopped playing here, but last time this exact thing happened to me, the same issue popped up again as I was trying to enter my second game after setting lineups and at that point OOTP crashed on me while trying to exit.

Quick edit: One thing I will note, in my frustration with OOTP19 and my desire to play, a couple weeks ago I went back to OOTP18 which previously had worked flawlessly but even OOTP18 had similar issues and crashed on me. Is there anything specific in my computer I should check that may cause OOTP games to have these issues?
Attached Images

Last edited by MrDov; 08-05-2018 at 06:56 PM.
MrDov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 05:07 AM   #14
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

For anyone still having this problem, the first thing to do is to update your video card drivers. As MrDov discovered and posted elsewhere, don't just assume they're updated since your system is supposed to be downloading them.

Actually check to see what version is installed and, even better, just manually download and update them yourself, even if you think the update should already be installed.

If after that you still have the same trouble, please try this. Go to 'settings' > '3d & facegen'. First try setting OpenGL mode to 'use only for 3d'. See if the game still crashes on leaving a played out 3d game. If it does, then go back to the same screen and this time try turning facegen off completely FaceGen (*) > Disabled

If either of those work for you or don't work for you, either way please let me know.