Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-07-2018, 02:58 PM   #1
drhay53
Major Leagues

AI manager seems to be ignoring depth chart settings for how often backup starts; game killer for me

I am playing as GM, with lineup and pitching rotation control turned on. I play out every game in 3D, but the AI manager controls the team.

For my depth chart, every starter's backup is set to player either every 7 or every 10 days. One player is a backup at SS and 2B, set to play every 7 at 2nd, and 10 at SS.

The backup is starting every day, alternating between the two positions he is supposed to backup.

The following imgur album shows the lineup screen, and the player's game log. This is pretty killer, I think I have to stop playing until it's figured out.

https://imgur.com/a/kH4VB

edit: working on FTP of the league files

league *.dat files uploading to ftp server as drhay53_depth_chart_bug.zip

Last edited by drhay53; 04-07-2018 at 03:07 PM.
drhay53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 03:17 PM   #2
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Could this be related to this issue? Some fatigued starting position players are getting days off, then pinch hitting later in the game, and the following day they need another day off, and they pinch hit, and the following day they need another day off, and they pinch hit...lather, rinse, repeat. Just a thought. Maybe if it is related, we can kill two birds with one stone.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 03:30 PM   #3
drhay53
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Could this be related to this issue? Some fatigued starting position players are getting days off, then pinch hitting later in the game, and the following day they need another day off, and they pinch hit, and the following day they need another day off, and they pinch hit...lather, rinse, repeat. Just a thought. Maybe if it is related, we can kill two birds with one stone.
It's possible, sounds like it would produce similar behavior. I did think about this too, and I looked at the starters at those positions and their profile screens claim 100% rested.

However, in the outfield, there is a player as a backup with the same settings, one 7 day and one 10 day rotation, and he is not starting very much. So I assumed the manager likes this backup or something and is ignoring my depth chart settings. Either way, game is being shut down until it's sorted.
Old 04-08-2018, 01:13 PM   #4
Dukie98
All Star Reserve

I've noticed the same issue as well. My third-string catcher/ backup 3B is supposed to start every 5-7 games at 3B (depending on platoon situation) and every 15-20 behind the plate. So far, he's started nearly every game in the last 15 games or so, splitting roughly evenly between the two positions even though he should be starting more frequently at 3B. But at least he's slugging .224...
Dukie98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 02:29 PM   #5
drhay53
Major Leagues

Yeah, I have decided for sure to stop playing until this is figured out.
Old 04-08-2018, 02:43 PM   #6
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhay53 View Post
I am playing as GM, with lineup and pitching rotation control turned on. I play out every game in 3D, but the AI manager controls the team.

For my depth chart, every starter's backup is set to player either every 7 or every 10 days. One player is a backup at SS and 2B, set to play every 7 at 2nd, and 10 at SS.

The backup is starting every day, alternating between the two positions he is supposed to backup.

The following imgur album shows the lineup screen, and the player's game log. This is pretty killer, I think I have to stop playing until it's figured out.

https://imgur.com/a/kH4VB

edit: working on FTP of the league files

league *.dat files uploading to ftp server as drhay53_depth_chart_bug.zip
Maybe I'm missing something but if the AI manager controls the team then it will set the lineups and use its own depth charts. The only way I've found to eliminate this is to use 7-day lineups

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 03:06 PM   #7
drhay53
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Maybe I'm missing something but if the AI manager controls the team then it will set the lineups and use its own depth charts. The only way I've found to eliminate this is to use 7-day lineups
No, this behavior is different from the last 2 years. I know that my settings work because every season the guys with once-every-10-games backups start exactly 146 games.

I don't know if it's due to the legacy option for GM-only control of lineups and rotations, which I have set, but normally these settings produce exactly the intended rotation of players.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:17 AM   #8
Holidayrush
Bat Boy

Yeah, I've been having this problem the last patch and just checked the most recent patch and had the same problem, I'm having to use the day 1 patch in order to avoid this issue.
Holidayrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:22 PM   #9
Gorinski
Minors (Single A)

This is definitely a serious bug. I've noticed it with certain players in my fictional league. It just seems that the AI is determined to override my lineup in order to play bench players it deems more worthy. I'm certain this doesn't have anything to do with the fatigue issue which I've run across in previous version(s).
Gorinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:25 PM   #10
drhay53
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorinski View Post
This is definitely a serious bug. I've noticed it with certain players in my fictional league. It just seems that the AI is determined to override my lineup in order to play bench players it deems more worthy. I'm certain this doesn't have anything to do with the fatigue issue which I've run across in previous version(s).
It's odd though, because the player that I'm seeing subbed in is not better than either of the starters in a really significant way; I suppose the manager could have drastically different weights on some factors (youth, defense, etc.). But the backup is really pretty average, while both starters are all-stars. So I'm left scratching my head at exactly why it's happening, except to say that it's obviously a bug.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:32 AM   #11
colourwolf
Bat Boy

I was wondering about this - definitely happening with my team as well and I have the default settings across the board.
colourwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 10:54 AM   #12
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Markus figured this out and fixed it.

We will have a hotfix out soon that will fix this and this as well!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 10:55 AM   #13
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Fixed! We'll release a hotfix tomorrow to adress this
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:31 AM   #14
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Don't let anybody ever tell you that these guys don't absolutely rock, because it's not true!!!

actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:42 AM   #15
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Thank you!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote