Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-21-2018, 11:04 AM   #21
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

So seems like maybe an issue with certain NVIDIA cards. What card do you guys have? Are the drivers updated? If they are, what happens if you roll them back to the previous drivers, does that change anything?

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 11:57 AM   #22
Zykon
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
So seems like maybe an issue with certain NVIDIA cards. What card do you guys have? Are the drivers updated? If they are, what happens if you roll them back to the previous drivers, does that change anything?
GTX 1060 6gb for me.

Issue originally was on Driver 390.77. Has since been upgraded to Driver 391.01 and now Driver 391.24 as of this morning. All 3 still have the freezing.
Zykon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:04 PM   #23
B1gpupp
Minors (Rookie Ball)

GTX 960M (4gb I think?) for me. I'm assuming I've had the same updates that Zykon: had an old driver, updated when the problems showed up, and just got pushed another one last night. All three drivers having the same problem. Haven't tried turning off my video card yet, but I'll do that when I get home.
B1gpupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 04:36 PM   #24
jeter6970
Minors (Single A)

Video Card is NVidia GE Force 840A...I disabled it and it still isn't working with on board video card. Can't play more than 2 innings in any game without it freezing. Tried all other recommended fixes as well.

Also, and I don't know if this is related, for the short period I am able to play the animation just isn't right. The ball animation only originates from just outside of home plate. The pitcher animation is fine, but the ball appears in front of the hitter almost like he threw the ball in the air and swung at it. Also, when there is a hit to the outfield, you will see the ball go through the infield and be fielded by the outfielder. When the outfield throws the ball back to the infield nothing comes out of his hand, but a ball appears near home plate and lands in the cut off man's glove.
jeter6970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:33 AM   #25
B1gpupp
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1gpupp View Post
GTX 960M (4gb I think?) for me. I'm assuming I've had the same updates that Zykon: had an old driver, updated when the problems showed up, and just got pushed another one last night. All three drivers having the same problem. Haven't tried turning off my video card yet, but I'll do that when I get home.
Just reporting back. I'm indeed on the same GeForce update as Zykon, and using the on-board graphics card instead of the NVIDIA card clears the issue entirely (Which is nice, because playing in full-screen mode meant me staying up until 2am because I couldn't see my computer's clock).

Last edited by B1gpupp; 03-22-2018 at 01:52 AM.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:30 PM   #26
taddo007
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1gpupp View Post
Just reporting back. I'm indeed on the same GeForce update as Zykon, and using the on-board graphics card instead of the NVIDIA card clears the issue entirely (Which is nice, because playing in full-screen mode meant me staying up until 2am because I couldn't see my computer's clock).
could you help me out here and tell me how i switch graphic cards to use my on board card. i am currently using the nvidia and freezing up constantly

thanks a lot man
taddo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:04 PM   #27
B1gpupp
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Sure. For me, I right clicked on my desktop and clicked on the NVIDIA Control Panel -> Manage 3D Settings -> Program Settings -> Add.

When the popup finishes loading, click on OOTP and click "Add Selected Program."

In the drop-down for "Select the preferred graphics processor for this program" change it to say "Integrated graphics" and then click apply.

Hopefully that works for you!
Old 03-22-2018, 10:11 PM   #28
Maxfire5
Minors (Double A)

I'm having the same issue, just to add to this post as well. Clicking on anything that would cause a popup in game (subs/bench, etc) causes the game to freeze. Mouse and everything works, just nothing progresses. End up ctrl+alt+del out of it.

Specs: 24 GB ram, Core I74800MQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M. Judging by the posts above, it appears to be an issue with NVIDIA cards. I've used 3 different drivers in the last 2 hours to try to get this to work, including the most recent driver. Still not working. Going to switch to integrated and give it a shot since that seems to work but would rather use NVIDIA.

EDIT: Switching the graphics card for the game worked and the game runs fine.

Last edited by Maxfire5; 03-22-2018 at 10:17 PM.
Maxfire5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 08:42 AM   #29
Zykon
Bat Boy

For what it's worth, despite by laptop with the GTX 1060 6gb not working while running the game with that selected as the GPU, the game runs fine with my desktop computer.

The desktop has a GTX 980 TI, and they both seem to be updated to the same driver. Not sure if that helps at all but figured I'd post it anyway.
Zykon is offline   Reply With Quote