Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 09-16-2018, 06:10 PM   #1
Rich_Scheff
Bat Boy

Real life transactions - post-season buffer?

Miraculously, I won the American League with the 1958 Orioles in a game where I am using actual transactions to replay Orioles history from 1954. Issue is that after Game 1 of the World Series, I traded my best lefty reliever Ken Lehman for SS Chico Carrasquel. Shouldn't there be some sort of post-season buffer to eliminate trades that in real life occurred after the season but in an OOTP replay occur during the post-season? Do I cheat and play Chico at SS, an improvement over Miranda, or just take it on the chin with a decimated bullpen and no return?
Rich_Scheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 04:42 AM   #2
Drstrangelove
Major Leagues

Players obtained after August 31 have been ineligible for the postseason since before 1945. (There was a specific exception made for this due to WW2 vets returning in 1945 and possibly some in 1946.) So, that choice shouldn't be up to you to decide. As an example, the Yanks obtained Pedro Ramos on September 5, 1964, and he was ineligible for the 1964 WS. If the game is working as expected, you should not be able to play him, but if it allows it, that would seem to be cheating.

Last edited by Drstrangelove; 09-17-2018 at 04:51 AM.
Drstrangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 09:33 AM   #3
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_Scheff View Post
Miraculously, I won the American League with the 1958 Orioles in a game where I am using actual transactions to replay Orioles history from 1954. Issue is that after Game 1 of the World Series, I traded my best lefty reliever Ken Lehman for SS Chico Carrasquel. Shouldn't there be some sort of post-season buffer to eliminate trades that in real life occurred after the season but in an OOTP replay occur during the post-season? Do I cheat and play Chico at SS, an improvement over Miranda, or just take it on the chin with a decimated bullpen and no return?
IRL the trade above didn't happen. Lehman was claimed off waivers Oct 2, Carrasquel was traded for Dick Williams on the same day. Is Williams still on the roster?

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 02:46 PM   #4
Rich_Scheff
Bat Boy

That's true - on the same day that Lehman was waived, Dick Williams was traded for Carrasquel. Williams was already out for the season with an injury, so I just lumped the transactions together in my mind. Had he been on the roster, it would have been worse, since I would have lost 2 players without the ability to replace them instead of just one.

Trades and retirements that occurred immediately after a season historically should not be forced upon a team playing in the post-season. I tried to add a relief pitcher from the reserve roster to replace Lehman, which was not allowed, which is correct according to the rules - but that doesn't mean that the game implementing the transactions during the World Series is not a problem. In some ways, that makes it worse since you lose players but have no way to replace them.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:15 PM   #5
Rich_Scheff
Bat Boy

I agree but players don't normally get traded, released or choose to retire from teams after Game 1 of the World Series. If an injury happens so be it, but those things would never happen and should not be allowed in the game. If they are allowed, some response should be allowed as well, although that is clearly not the best way to handle the situation.