Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-27-2018, 05:09 PM   #1
vintagesport
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Player released and signed 17x in first month of season

Greg Reynolds in my Random Debut League has now been picked up and released 17x from 3/17 - 4/15. Does that mean he is good or bad :/
vintagesport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 05:39 PM   #2
JaBurns
All Star Starter

I have had the same issue with at least two players in my Random Debut league.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 01:21 PM   #3
Matt Uk
Major Leagues

Hope he has an Air Miles card.
Matt Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 02:33 PM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

We could probably use league files from a league where this is happening.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 08:23 AM   #5
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Here is just a screen shot, happens all the time:Name:  77test1_1905-06-26_06-21-06.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  318.6 KB
Old 03-31-2018, 08:43 AM   #6
malor
Major Leagues

It's been occurring since at least OOTP16 (my first purchase) when I reported this. Did the same for 17 and 18.

I did not bother to report it for 19 since we've been told it is a very difficult fix. The bad thing is that the AI salary space disappears fast when this occurs.

Malor
malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 11:34 AM   #7
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Does not happen in my tests, so we definitely need the league files.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:15 PM   #8
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Ok refresh me on how I send them to you. I probably will not be able to send the file until tomorrow.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:18 PM   #9
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
Ok refresh me on how I send them to you. I probably will not be able to send the file until tomorrow.
There's a link in my sig with instructions.

Even just uploading them to Dropbox or Google Drive and posting a link is fine.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:27 PM   #10
JaBurns
All Star Starter

I have a few minutes now, I will try to send the file. I sent the file attached to an email to you.

Last edited by JaBurns; 04-04-2018 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-04-2018, 05:48 PM   #11
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

In my case below, I understand why it happens. It is because I have limits on my reserve roster, and it is only one GM that insists on doing it. So no big deal to me.

Name:  clark.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  99.1 KB

However, what I don't understand, and what would fix the problem in all situations, is why the player continues to sign a contract with a team that has cut him repeatedly. The player should refuse to sign with a team after being cut by them once - much less six times.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 06:13 PM   #12
JaBurns
All Star Starter

I also have 15 man reserve rosters but I would think AI would be smart enough to release someone else or not sign a FA.
Old 04-04-2018, 07:28 PM   #13
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
That may not be a bug, for sometimes when my assistant GM signs a player I don't want, I periodically release them and that appears after the listing of them being signed to a contract, either on the same day of the original listed signing, if I catch it in time, or on a later date, if I don't, for any teams my human GM's/managers might run. Of course, that may mean at times that they get charged miscellaneous expenses, but your situation may not be due to a bug, but may be due to your team control settings for any team you may be running.

I recommend that you should check your team(s) control settings and if you actually have Commissioner Mode on first. Then if you have your GM or Assistant GM or Minor League managers currently set to handle signings and/or releases, perhaps you should revoke their abilities to conduct such transactions, if you want to have more control over such things for a certain length of time, if not permanently. Just a few suggestions here, that's all. CD out.
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 07:31 PM   #14
JaBurns
All Star Starter

I am playing in Commissioner mode not involved with a team. Happens on almost all the teams, they are all AI controlled in my universe.
Old 04-04-2018, 07:33 PM   #15
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha View Post
That may not be a bug, for sometimes when my assistant GM signs a player I don't want, I periodically release them and that appears after the listing of them being signed to a contract, either on the same day of the original listed signing, if I catch it in time, or on a later date, if I don't, for any teams my human GM's/managers might run. Of course, that may mean at times that they get charged miscellaneous expenses, but your situation may not be due to a bug, but may be due to your team control settings for any team you may be running.

I recommend that you should check your team(s) control settings and if you actually have Commissioner Mode on first. Then if you have your GM or Assistant GM or Minor League managers currently set to handle signings and/or releases, perhaps you should revoke their abilities to conduct such transactions, if you want to have more control over such things for a certain length of time, if not permanently. Just a few suggestions here, that's all. CD out.

I am not sure who are talking to here, but regardless you have obviously missed the point. This is the AI doing it with AI-controlled teams, and has nothing to do with the human player’s control settings.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:21 PM   #16
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
Ok, didn't notice the fact that he was currently unemployed, even though I saw the picture. I'm like that sometimes when I see things in my life. Whether online or offline, that's still frequently true for me, I must admit. My mistake, then. That probably is a bug, after all. CD out.

P.S. Orcin, I've read at least a few pages of your Orcin's Story thread, related to the fictional Louisville Colonels, and it's quite well-written, in my view. Haven't been able to read all of it, or its sequels yet, but you seem to know how to tell a really good story. I can write, to a degree, as well, but honestly, I'm still not as good a writer as I'd either want to be or could be, I'm sure, in my life. Keep up the great work! CD out.
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote