Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-27-2017, 03:13 PM   #1
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Seriously... this guy needs to be toned down...

As a Yankee fan I don't approve... but in all seriousness, this dude is winning Rookie of the month every month and no one is going to compete with him for MVP.... A bit overrated

Last edited by X3NEIZE; 03-27-2017 at 03:14 PM.
X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:16 PM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

He's not doing that every sim though, I don't think he's ever come too close to the MVP in any of my million test sims. He's just having a great year in yours! It happens.

It looks like he managed to max out his potential more quickly than usual.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 03-27-2017 at 03:18 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:19 PM   #3
Tony79
Minors (Double A)

He's rated the #1 rookie in the majors isn't he? He should be very very good.
Tony79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:19 PM   #4
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

He's unstoppable on my save....

Old 03-27-2017, 03:24 PM   #5
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
He's not doing that every sim though, I don't think he's ever come too close to the MVP in any of my million test sims. He's just having a great year in yours! It happens.

It looks like he managed to max out his potential more quickly than usual.
He should be very good indeed... not having one of the best seasons ever recorded... he puts Trout to shame, the guy is batting .390!

Like Lukas said, dumb luck numbers I guess.

Did I mention he's on a 48 game hitting streak?

Last edited by X3NEIZE; 03-27-2017 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:29 PM   #6
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

what's your league slash like? e.g. if you have a ~.260+ BA then you 'll see long hit streaks more often.

since he's so dominant, try comparing him to a fresh game and see if it was a TCR that occured that made him elite?

i've seen plenty of big changes in the early 20's (and mlb level)... usually it's a negative shift, but i've seen some heft upticks out of nowhere too.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:35 PM   #7
philthepat

C'mon.. it's not like he hit 20 homers in 50 games.... now that would be crazy
philthepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:37 PM   #8
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Still think eventually they will find out that guy is really 13 Of course, I've also been waiting for someone to find out that Dustin Pedroia and Mary Louise Parker are the same person......
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:38 PM   #9
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
what's your league slash like? e.g. if you have a ~.260+ BA then you 'll see long hit streaks more often.

since he's so dominant, try comparing him to a fresh game and see if it was a TCR that occured that made him elite?

i've seen plenty of big changes in the early 20's (and mlb level)... usually it's a negative shift, but i've seen some heft upticks out of nowhere too.
I'm playing in Challenge mode all defaults...

Old 03-27-2017, 03:44 PM   #10
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Crap... i "viewed image" and i thought i lost that previous post after i hit "back"... this is redundant, lol

he had a year commenserate with his ratings.

it's just an opinion... yours is different.. and by your own admission skewed b/c your are a yankees fan. you notice this guy becuase you have some regional bias. there's probably other players you would feel equally aobut , but simply don't notice them.

Also, give him a few years before you coronate him... you have 20-80 but stepped in 5's? that's not 20-80 thats 1-12 scale... possibly rounding errors similar to 1-10 not 20-80 is what i mean. depends on the route they took.

a good player can have a .350 year out of nowhere, and sometimes it happens their rookie year.

statistical environment... whats the league slash? is it higher than modern MLB? then that .350 isn't so special anymore... it's all relative to average if tehy are actually "great" (any way you wish to define great, as long as it's consistent)

he also may have benefited from a TCR... you'd ahve to compare his ratings from editor to a freshly created league.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:48 PM   #11
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3NEIZE View Post
I'm playing in Challenge mode all defaults...
Easy way to know, look at end of year League statistics (combine all leageus from drop down). look at BA/slugging etc and w/e else. if the estimated slash in stats and AI says ~.256 and your league is hitting .260's and higher, you should probably auto-calc. (.261/.262 isn't totally unreasonable, but seeing .265+ is impossible without a bump in the ltm, if it's actually calibrated to .255.. the BA wil only range about .012-.015 (+/-.006-.008) on its own) -- just for baseline info to work with -- also info mostly from '17**)

bbref can give a ballpark of what you should expect... make it proportional to # of teams and games played etc..

have you auto-calced the LTM? out of the box they are not always great, i make sure to do this year 1, always.

i am not a fan of this function, but it is essential the first ~20 years as seed players or real players are replaced.

make sure to click it opening day, if you do click it -> AI has 25-man rosters setup on this day, not before (unless changed in '18).

heh, i thoguht it was .359 in the image... 389... most likely your LTM or some slight adjusting on their end... if auto-calc doesn't tone it down (assuming elevated league stats seen), then it's on their end.

Last edited by NoOne; 03-27-2017 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:59 PM   #12
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
Easy way to know, look at end of year League statistics (combine all leageus from drop down). look at BA/slugging etc and w/e else. if the estimated slash in stats and AI says ~.256 and your league is hitting .260's and higher, you should probably auto-calc. (.261/.262 isn't totally unreasonable, but seeing .265+ is impossible without a bump in the ltm, if it's actually calibrated to .255.. the BA wil only range about .012-.015 (+/-.006-.008) on its own) -- just for baseline info to work with -- also info mostly from '17**)

bbref can give a ballpark of what you should expect... make it proportional to # of teams and games played etc..

have you auto-calced the LTM? out of the box they are not always great, i make sure to do this year 1, always.

i am not a fan of this function, but it is essential the first ~20 years as seed players or real players are replaced.

make sure to click it opening day, if you do click it -> AI has 25-man rosters setup on this day, not before (unless changed in '18).

heh, i thoguht it was .359 in the image... 389... most likely your LTM or some slight adjusting on their end... if auto-calc doesn't tone it down (assuming elevated league stats seen), then it's on their end.
Haha! I think I'm just going to let him become the next Babe Ruth...

Old 03-27-2017, 04:00 PM   #13
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

So one player needs a patch because he is having a historic year in one persons save.

Oh
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 04:02 PM   #14
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateAverageGuy View Post
So one player needs a patch because he is having a historic year in one persons save.

Oh
I was just raising awareness...Lukas already mentioned he's having a unique year....and works for me.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:16 PM   #15
mikekg7s
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3NEIZE View Post
Haha! I think I'm just going to let him become the next Babe Ruth...
Mabey you could go into commissioner mode and kneecap him.
mikekg7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 04:33 PM   #16
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekg7s View Post
Mabey you could go into commissioner mode and kneecap him.
Not on challenge mode

Old 03-27-2017, 04:57 PM   #17
Levistus
Minors (Rookie Ball)

lol, Benetendi is pretty awesome in my first extended sim this go around just a bit injury prone. Although iirc he was good for .350/.420/.550 in ootp17 as well once he developed.

He's no Moncada though, THAT guy is a monster.
Levistus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:02 PM   #18
DustinthePOWERHOUSE
All Star Reserve

I don't see a problem.

"It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am"- Ali

Wladimir Klitschko will DESTROY you.
DustinthePOWERHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:05 PM   #19
xw668
Minors (Rookie Ball)

In my saves Yoan Moncada, uhh, another Red Sox top prospect(I mean former), dominates all time in the league.

It seems that having a 40-40 season is easy to him.

Last edited by xw668; 03-27-2017 at 05:23 PM.
xw668 is offline   Reply With Quote