Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 03-29-2007, 09:18 PM   #1
Jestor
Hall Of Famer

Do min/max ages for feeder leagues work properly in the patch yet?

I know some people have been having problems with it, but I was wondering if this is going to be fixed so that we could run a HS feeder league of say 10-18 (to simulate Little League and HS) and then a college feeder league of 18-23.

That's one of the biggest draws for me, being able to see a player progress from Little League star to major league star or flameout (in theory).

Also, I know initially it was said there was no way for the undrafted HS players to go to the college feeder league, but I think Markus said who would try to work something out.

Any luck on that front as well?

How To Get A Warning:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxmagicman
Mal might have a name file you could use.
Jestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:33 AM   #2
disposableheros
Hall Of Famer

nothing on the HS >>> COL progression, yet. the TT for this has been marked "for next release", meaning 2008. thats not to say he hasnt surprised us by getting some of those things done this year, but i wouldnt bank on it.

personally, i think there are still too many unknown things about aging to make something outside the norm work well, ie. the game is not really made to have proper aging/development for 10 year olds or 50 year olds. i cant find any way to make a league of 45-55 year olds work like a younger career league. they all get released or retire after 1 year in the league.

Baseball Maelstrom - New York Mets - 180-149 .547
Corporate League Baseball - Coke Buzz - 889-649 .578
Western Hemisphere Baseball League - Santiago Saints - 672-793 .459

Record - 2428-2271 .517
disposableheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:49 AM   #3
Jestor
Hall Of Famer

Fair enough.

Between this, the auto-fill of fictionals, and the problem reported in another thread about the created fictional league players after the game's started influxing too much talent, it looks I'll be holding off a while longer.

How To Get A Warning:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxmagicman
Mal might have a name file you could use.
Jestor is offline   Reply With Quote