Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > PT Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

PT Bug Reports Forum Have a Perfect Team bug to report? Please post here.

Old 01-29-2019, 12:45 AM   #1
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Secondary logo disappearing

Not sure if this is a bug, or if I'm doing something wrong.

With one of my accounts, I change my team name every week and create new logos. In another account I change the team name on promotion or relegation.

This was working fine for several weeks. But then I decided to add copies of the logos to the global logos folder for easier access and to be able to use them in my non-PT games more easily.

I think I correctly followed the naming conventions, adding "_small_50" after the team names and I stored the files in the logos\cities folder.

After using these files now for two of my current PT teams, every time I download a new league file after simulated games, the secondary logo is missing, and the primary logo is used for all the small logo events.

Am I leaving out something I should be doing, doing something I shouldn't be, or is this a bug?
2002halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 03:25 PM   #2
the_mad_monk
Major Leagues

I'm experiencing a similar issue in P411. My secondary logo disappears after every Simulation download regardless of file name or picture size.

Also, my team's logo isn't shown in the box score.
the_mad_monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 03:12 AM   #3
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_mad_monk View Post
I'm experiencing a similar issue in P411. My secondary logo disappears after every Simulation download regardless of file name or picture size.

Also, my team's logo isn't shown in the box score.
Hmm... For my two teams with disappearing secondary logos, my logo is not shown in the box score either. P405 and D361.

Hopefully we'll hear from staff on this issue soon...
Old 01-30-2019, 03:45 PM   #4
the_mad_monk
Major Leagues

My other team's logos are functioning correctly. I'm just having issues in world P411 this season.
Old 01-30-2019, 07:23 PM   #5
Alex Murray
All Star Reserve

When it comes to logos there are a few requirements the game wants to have met in order to accept them. Size is one thing since the logo size should be 150x150 pixels or less. The game is also a little finicky about protected images especially when you put them in the default game logo folder.
Can you guys attach your logos to this thread and I'll take a look at them? I'm a photoshop editor in my other part-time job so I can take a quick glance at your files and make sure they're not in the wrong color mode or size.

Thanks
Alex
Alex Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 11:10 PM   #6
the_mad_monk
Major Leagues

I've been modifying and creating logos for a few months now without issue. In this particular case, both of my attempts at the secondary logo fail but the same images work as the primary logo.

And isn't the primary logo used in the Box Score anyway (which isn't being shown)?
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 02-04-2019, 04:59 AM   #7
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

I had no issues before with secondary logos and checked, and sure enough, most of them were larger than 150 x 150 pixels. But I resized these secondary ones under 150 and loaded them into Perfect Team, and still they went away after any new file download.

As with the_mad_monk, it seems odd to me that the primary logo doesn't appear in the box score. Clearly he and I are experiencing the same thing.

For this new week, I removed all my homemade logos from the global folder, because that's when it started to go wrong for me.

But I'd really love to get to the bottom of what's making this happen, so I can go global with my logos. And since team logos and cap logos often look best as two different things, a disappearing secondary logo is no fun at all.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 02-04-2019, 10:05 AM   #8
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

This is still happening this week, even though I changed the logos for both teams. I doubt the logo files are the problem. There's a screwed up setting now, or something like that, for these two teams. It doesn't matter what file I use, including logos that worked previously before this problem began.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:12 AM   #9
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

As a test, I loaded a set of logos from the standard global logos that come with the game. In this case, I used the Aberdeen Ironbirds, first on the list.

As I suspected would happen, after the first new simulation download, the secondary logo disappeared. And there was no logo, primary or secondary, for my team on the box score.

This is not a problem with our logo files. This is something else. Perhaps a flag not set correctly, or something broke within our teams' data.

I really hope the developers can track down this problem. It really detracts from my enjoyment of the game.
Old 02-04-2019, 03:09 PM   #10
the_mad_monk
Major Leagues

New season, new league (P402), and new logos here with the same issue as before.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:01 PM   #11
Alex Murray
All Star Reserve

I'm sorry that the issue is still happening guys. I'll check with the devs and see if they are aware of that issue and if they have any solutions for me to offer.

Thanks
Alex
Old 02-05-2019, 06:43 PM   #12
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

I reviewed the manual on logo creation, and I clearly missed the part about logos needing to be 150 x 150 pixels. Based on personal experience tracking down programming bugs, I'd bet that having loaded the wrong size logo into the global file messed something up, changed a data value or something, so that even switching to a correctly sized logo no longer works.

I have noticed another weird issue with my team in which I don't change logos... I have a team called American Angels in which I use the supplied modern Angels logo. But when I first created the team, it defaulted to the Purple and Yellow Angels logo, used for any Angels team not named after Los Angeles, Anaheim or California. After every promotion/relegation session each week, the logos remain correct, but the team colors revert to purple and yellow and each week I have to change them back to red and navy blue. Similar sort of issue but happens only once a week instead of after each download. Less intrusive or annoying, so I didn't bother to create a bug report, only mentioning it in case it turns out to be related and/or helpful to y'all.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:46 PM   #13
the_mad_monk
Major Leagues

I disagree about the required 150x150 PNG image. I've been running a 254x254 PNG image as my secondary logo for my other team without issues for the past month.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:06 PM   #14
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Interesting. I was running a larger image as both primary and secondary for a while without issues. It was when I copied some images into the global directory that the issue began... I was thinking that might be when an image that isn't 150 x 150 starts causing a problem.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:15 PM   #15
Alex Murray
All Star Reserve

I wonder if the Global directory has more stipulations and restrictions then the normal location you used? Have you tried going back to not having it in the global directory and seeing if that fixes the disappearing logos?

I wonder if the fact that it redownloads every sim has some kind of a refresh or purge to manually entered logos in the global directory folder. Actually, that would make sense. If you are adding custom logos and the game redownloads the logos/city folder every time they would disappear.

Thanks
Alex
Old 02-11-2019, 06:58 AM   #16
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Murray View Post
I wonder if the Global directory has more stipulations and restrictions then the normal location you used? Have you tried going back to not having it in the global directory and seeing if that fixes the disappearing logos?

I wonder if the fact that it redownloads every sim has some kind of a refresh or purge to manually entered logos in the global directory folder. Actually, that would make sense. If you are adding custom logos and the game redownloads the logos/city folder every time they would disappear.

Thanks
Alex
Yes, I thought of this, so I deleted everything I'd added to the global directory, but it didn't fix the problem.

That's why I'm thinking that the first time it read a bad file in the global directory, it might have set a flag of some sort not to use the secondary file, but that this flag doesn't have a way of being re-set when the problem is gone, so that it triggers on each download.

Remember, I can't even use the regular logos that come with the game anymore without this problem continuing. So whatever happened, it doesn't seem reversible or fixable on my end. On two of my three teams. Really painful. Considering the money I've spent on points for this game, I really hope y'all can find a fix.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:15 AM   #17
the_mad_monk
Major Leagues

New season, the same logos (for now) located in the same directories as before, but no issues.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:56 PM   #18
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

I changed logos for one team and it still has the issue.

The second team that was having the problem has no issues this week after the promotion/relegation download. Like you, I did nothing.

Strange.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:00 PM   #19
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

I am having issues with logos as well. Besides it reverting to a generic logo every season other teams can’t see my logo. When I look at the standings on my pc the logo shows up. Other people are posting the standings and the logo doesn’t show up.
ripitback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:24 PM   #20
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Just started having an issue with this. My main team that I have always had is fine.

I signed up for two new teams with my license and try as I may both lose their secondary logo every 30 minutes.

I've found no work arounds....

EDIT: It also red checks the "Lock team logos and textures" option no matter how many times it is unchecked and saved. When the sim starts, logo is gone and check box reverts.

(I have been able to uncheck the box and make it stay unchecked but not always. Logo issue persists)

As stated, original team is still fine. I change team names and logos quite often with that team and it never falters. Only these two new accounts. I updated the game for the first time in a long time right around the same time this week. Perhaps that did me in...

Last edited by webdox; 02-14-2019 at 07:43 PM.
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote