Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > PT Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

PT Bug Reports Forum Have a Perfect Team bug to report? Please post here.

Old 01-20-2019, 04:16 PM   #1
sumhzrd
Bat Boy

SP Rotation Managment not working

I've set my rotation management to Strict Order throughout the recently completed season. Randomly, but on far more than a single occasion, I've had starters go on 2 days rest in 3 or more successive starts. Patrick Corbin somehow didn't start from Jun 20 to Jul 31. During that time, Steven Strasburg started on 2 or 3 days rest at least 7 times, according to the attached game logs.

I've reported this previously, without a response from OOTP.
Attached Images
Image Image 
sumhzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 02:31 PM   #2
sumhzrd
Bat Boy

This continues to be a problem!!

6 games into the new season, I have 3 SPs who have each started 3 games, and two who have not. Bauer started game 5 of the season on 2 days rest, while two fully rested starters sit. my BP is already under duress.

Yes, this season I changed my default setting to Strict / on Occasion start highest rested, but there is no way that Bauer should be starting game 5 on 2 days rest after throwing 100+ pitches in Game 2!

WTF??
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 01-21-2019, 04:33 PM   #3
Alex Murray
All Star Reserve

Yeah, the devs are aware that there is a weird AI rotation control issue happening with 19. A similar post got answered by Matt saying that they are going to tweak the AI and make sure it's less controlling and "wild" but they have to make sure not to break the AI control too much otherwise it could have really bad consequences. I'll bring it up to a dev and see if I can get a more direct "answer" to the issue but that's what I've been noticing on discord and here on the forums.

Alex
Alex Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:27 PM   #4
sumhzrd
Bat Boy

Angry

You've responded, but you haven't provided anything resembling an answer. I use 19 for online leagues and my own simulations, and have experienced nothing like the chaos I see with PT.

I've bought several years worth of product from OOTP, but I'm done spending my money with you
Old 01-22-2019, 01:43 PM   #5
sumhzrd
Bat Boy

Angry

You've responded, but you haven't provided anything resembling an answer. I use 19 for online leagues and my own simulations, and have experienced nothing like the chaos I see with PT.

I've bought several years worth of product from OOTP, but I'm done spending my money with you
Old 01-22-2019, 03:28 PM   #6
Alex Murray
All Star Reserve

Sorry to hear that Sumhzrd,

The issue I have with giving a clear answer is that that would mean we know what the coding is doing wrong and the devs would have solved the issue by now. Here's all I know because i'm not a dev i'm just the new support team member.

A few select players were at the beginning of PT submitting and editing their lineups, pitching staffs, and rosters to be lopsided with hitters or pitchers to "tank" and give other teams PP. Some of those users were going so far as to have another team in the same league that way they could feed themselves. The Devs noticing this happening because of the outrage of fellow players and people here on the forums put in place a way for the AI to recognize "invalid rosters" and to take over control of a team and edit their roster to at least meet standards. These are now the minimum pitchers and hitters standard we have been running with for a while. But this has now resulted in supposedly the AI not being constrained to those invalid rosters. We've been seeing reports of people having their teams edited by the AI when it wasn't in an invalid roster state. This is what the devs are attempting to identify and fix. They want to keep teams from ruining the PT experience by tanking but also not let that controlling AI run rampant with incorrect coding.

So I hope that's a little more of a clear answer. Again I wish we had a clear explanation and answer to give. But if we did that would mean the answer was fixed and no longer going to happen. I will be in close contact with the devs as they attempt to fix this issue and as soon as we get any form of an explanation and solution to this issue we will be blasting it to all users who were affected by the issue.

Thanks
Alex
Old 01-22-2019, 06:30 PM   #7
sumhzrd
Bat Boy

This answer is a little more clear, and at least explains why the issue is only apparent in PT. It's great to hear that the devs "want to keep teams from ruining the PT experience". My PT experience has certainly been enhanced by their efforts. Maybe OOTP should be a little more focused on quality assurance and regression testing before going live with a product that customers are spending money on. You guys f'ed this one up.

I'm familiar with the "If I knew what was wrong, and when it would be fixed, it would already be done" answer from software developers. I've managed large-scale product development and hardware / software integration for > 20 years.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:45 PM   #8
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Apologies for the issues. I know we ran into this earlier, but one of the recent updates I believe should have fixed almost all the issues. So the first thing to verify is that you're on the latest version.

If you are, then ideally we'd need a bit more information to track this down:
-Do you keep your game open, or is this happening in the background while you have the game closed?
-You said this year you changed to strict/on-occasion-rested. Are things different this year, or is the problem more or less the same as when you were on strict mode
-When you log in, do you notice that the "next starter" is set to a weird position, or does it appear right?
-Have you noticed the game use someone other than the "next starter" if you explicitly set that and export?

As I said, I know we did see this earlier, but since that update, I think this is the only report I've seen of using the wrong pitchers with these settings. The more you can let us know your setup and how you play, the easier it would be to track down what's going on here.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 07:51 PM   #9
sumhzrd
Bat Boy

I've been running 19.11.128. I've completed the upgrade to 19.13.132. I'll let you know if I see the problem recur. I used to think Microsoft churned through the updates to Windows 10 pretty quickly, but you guys have them beat over the last couple of months.

I've written more than a few software/firmware changelists for customer consumption during my time. You guys have me beat for brevity.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:27 PM   #10
Alex Murray
All Star Reserve

True the devs update as quickly as possible. Which I love and the main reason I was wanting to work for them. They really do care guys, they want you all to be able to experience the best possible OOTP and OOTP PT game possible. Hopefully in a few patches they've worked it all out and if not we look to OOTP20 PT to not have the same issues and its all in the past.

Alex
Old 01-28-2019, 05:51 PM   #11
sumhzrd
Bat Boy

Things have been well-behaved since the update to 132