Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > PT Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

PT Bug Reports Forum Have a Perfect Team bug to report? Please post here.

Old 12-22-2018, 09:34 AM   #1
Cgraham67
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thumbs down Run Time Error BUG becoming too frequent to be acceptable...

Hey guys...I have been a big supporter of Perfect Team since beta as You can see from my PP purchases...My issue is this, I have been losing pacis due to this RUN TIME ERROR (or whatever it is) sporadically as I open them since beta...It was fairly ubfrequent so I just rolled on but it has become more frequently lately...

If you review my trainsactions you can see where packs were purchased but NO CARDS were auto sold afterwards (I have setting for all cards under 70 to be quick sold)..

I count at least 10 packs lost this way and did not go all the way back to start .....Can you please

A. Refund at least the 10 packs I counted or if you can go all the way back that would be great?

B. Fix this bug as it has happenned to me on multiple computers...(home PC and work)

Thank you in advance for acknowledging my issue and addressing it..

Chris G dba XYLANDERV
Cgraham67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 12:30 PM   #2
Cgraham67
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Markus and Team please address...thank u...Chris
Old 12-22-2018, 12:49 PM   #3
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Hi, sorry to hear of your problems. Replies will be a little delayed over the holidays, so I can't guarantee when some of the others on the team will see this and be able to reply.

First off, even when the client machine crashes during pack openings, cards are not lost. I would recommend checking your inactive roster, as cards will often end up there. You can check your transaction history too to double-check on whether cards were sold or not - especially if you have it set to sell all cards below a 70, then often all cards in a pack may simply get sold.

As for the crash, can you elaborate more on what happens? When exactly does this happen? Right at the start of opening a card pack, or at the end? Does it pop up with an error, or simply shut down? What system are you running on (Windows, Mac, etc...)? If it is an error while opening the pack, you may want to try updating your video drivers to see if that fixes things.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 01:07 PM   #4
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

You should also make sure that both computers are on the latest version. Closing the OOTP program on each computer while you are not using it may help.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:34 AM   #5
Cgraham67
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for responding Matt but the part about getting the cards anyway is NOT true when you get the runtime error.....The run time error knocks me out of the game and I have to relog in....When I go to transactions the last entry is me buying the pack or packs? Would the players being Auto sold not be in that log as all the others are?(not that I am worried about a handful of PPs)
My bigger concern is that I keep my roster very trim (around 30 players or so) so would not miss an additional silver or above being added to my team...In all 10 plus incidents of this there has never been a silver or better added to my team as I got the run time error when opening a pack....

As for the situation it does this, it is in the opening pack animation when it happens...There is a run time message that pops up and when you close that message it closes the game ... No rhyme or reason that I can see and it has happened on both my computers...I run it through steam so thinking it should be updated automatically or am I mistaken on that?

anyways not trying to score free packs, just want to get reimbursed what I paid for and got nothing in terms of cards....

Please take a look at my transaction record in game to see there are no cards being autosold ......I have supported the game through the PP store for a couple hundred bucks so not scamming here...

Thanks again Matt for responding over the Holiday...Being a customer service manager I respect that...

Chris

PS--IF I get a flitch on the pack opening with a message and it does not kick me from the game then you are correct in the cards show up in my roster or auto transaction log...BUT when I get the RUN TIME error code I am booted out of game and the program closes...I have to re open and re login...
Has no one else had this issue? I have had it since beta but never messaged with reporting it over 2-3 packs but it has happenned a lot ore frequently probably driven by the sheer number of packs I have opened...I feel like the kid in Willy Wonka that her dad has his whole factory staff opening chocolate bars on the assembly line looking for a golden ticker (kinda sad of me actually now that I think of it)

Last edited by Cgraham67; 12-24-2018 at 11:16 AM.
Old 12-24-2018, 12:21 PM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

I would definitely recommend checking your inactive player list - I've seen cases of people saying that when things glitch, the players end up in the inactive list and the auto-sell routine doesn't trigger.

Otherwise, if you can copy a screenshot of the error that pops up, that could help us track it down too.
Old 12-24-2018, 12:33 PM   #7
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Hey Chris!

Sorry that's happening. As far as I know we haven't received any other reports of CTD's during pack opening. If other people are getting them, please let us know if you read this.

A couple things that might help.

The first and most important thing to do as Matt mentioned, would be to update your video card drivers.

If that doesn't fix things, it might help to have a trace file. I'm not sure if that will have the needed crash info in it or not, but it can't hurt

To generate that, if you're on Steam, right-click on your game in the Steam library, then Properties, and on the General menu click on 'Set Launch Options' and enter the word "tracemode" (without quotes.).

If you have the standalone, right-click on the OOTP19 shortcut on your desktop, click on properties and add 'tracemode' to the command line

Then try to start the game again. Get it to crash.

After it does so, without restarting the game, navigate to the following folder: Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\debug

Or on a Mac, use the finder to search for a file called ootp_trace

Find the trace file and post it here. That should hopefully have some data that will help us figure out why the game is crashing.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 12:56 PM   #8
Cgraham67
Minors (Rookie Ball)

OK....I made the changes in properties in Steam under launch Mode...Is it supposed to crash the next time I open it because it did not...

Also in reference to the cards being inactive....I have checked after the game crashed with the run time error message ...I have never had a card in my "manage cards: that was inactive because of that reason....I carry around 30-35 cards and sell the rest to buy more ...Now taking about the inactive status...I have had starters go to inactive from my roster but that is a different issue I presume..

I am happy to share my Perfect Team login info over a private channel so you guys can check whatever you need to on your end...I am absolutely sure that when I get error while opening a pack the game crashes when I close the run time error pop up the game shuts down completely...

When I log back in the pack is gone and there are no cards from the pack..

Again I am not trying to get free packs...Heck I just bought 25k PPS literally 10 mins ago...I just want what I paid for.,....I did not even bring this up the first 8-9 tines it happenned but been out of work sick so beeing buying tons of PPS and opening tons of packs...this has made the error increase in occurrences....Just law of averages I guess

Thanks chris

PS---I did change the pack opening mode to take away the animation along with take away the need to click through the cards hoping this would help....Not sure if it is the reason but not happenned in 35-40 (edited...just checked best I could in history) packs since I did that...

Last edited by Cgraham67; 12-24-2018 at 01:29 PM.
Old 12-26-2018, 07:16 AM   #9
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgraham67 View Post
I am happy to share my Perfect Team login info over a private channel so you guys can check whatever you need to on your end...I am absolutely sure that when I get error while opening a pack the game crashes when I close the run time error pop up the game shuts down completely...

If you would, please send a PM to Chris, and he'll look into this for you:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...er.php?u=51109

He's out for the holidays, so it might take him a bit to get back to you, but he'll do so as soon as possible

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 12-26-2018 at 07:17 AM.
Old 12-26-2018, 07:16 AM   #10
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
OK....I made the changes in properties in Steam under launch Mode...Is it supposed to crash the next time I open it because it did not...
It's not supposed to crash at all I f it does crash again, post the trace file from right after the crash. If not, then that's all to the good

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 12-26-2018 at 07:21 AM.
Old 12-26-2018, 11:10 AM   #11
Cgraham67
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Update?

Hey guys,,..Just sent Chris my log in info along with the thread....Just FYI t crashed again with a run time error but not opening packs..this time was during highlights replay.....I have not gotten the run time error on pack opening and I opened a good number yesterday and day before....only thing I can point to for this is I changed the pack opening setup and animations....not sure if related but maybe...

Please let me know ...Chris

Last edited by Cgraham67; 12-26-2018 at 11:24 AM.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:09 PM   #12
Cgraham67
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This is the error that I keep getting.

Hey guys...Here is the RUNTIME ERROR CODE with a snippet of the actual screen...Thank God for teenagers as my son did the snippet for me so you guys can see what is happening....This happened when I tried to open the pack and once I hit OK the game closed...When I logged back in the pack is gone, I have 1k less PP and there are no cards sold since the purchase of the packs norare there any cards added as inactive...

I think it is amazing that I am only this is happening to...I am always on the wrong end of rare occurences it seems..sure would be nice to be on the right end and pull a 100 Jeff Bagwell (if he even exists in game)....
I did email Chris my log in info and even sent my cell phone number if you guys need to contact me directly...

My thought is I should definitely hold off on buying packs until I get a resolution on this.,...sure it has cost me a good bit of PP since beta....

At least now you can see I am not crazy more making this up...got way to much time and $$ in game to do junk like that...

Please advise...Chris
Attached Images
Old 12-27-2018, 03:00 AM   #13
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

It would definitely be helpful if we could get that trace file as mentioned above.

Also, are you on the Steam or standalone version of the game that you buy directly from us?

In the meantime, I do have some things you might try.

The first thing would be to update your video card drivers.

Next, if you go to settings from the OOTP start screen, or while in PT, go to 'OOTP Settings', can you try changing the OpenGL mode to 'disabled'. Or to any of the other settings to test. Does that change the frequency/amount of the crashes?

One other thing to try. Right-click on the OOTP19 shortcut on your desktop, click on properties and add 'noanimation' to the command line like this:

"c:\program files\whatever\ootp19.exe" noanimation

Make sure it goes outside the quotation marks.

Now, try opening some packs again.

Does the crashing still happen?

Old 12-27-2018, 05:30 PM   #14
Cgraham67
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Opened around 50 packs since last crash...all good with the changes..

Hey guys...I sold a couple of valuable players and also bought some more points so been able to open around 50 packs since yesterday crash....all seems to be fine since I made the suggested change so I am going to assume that this did the trick...

How are you going to handle the lost packs/points from the dozen or so lost packs? AM I just "tough luck: on these?

CHris
Old 12-28-2018, 06:33 PM   #15
Cgraham67
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Bo Jackson Stiff Arm.....

I guess no answer is my answer....Looks like I got the "Old Bo Jackson" stiff arm by customer service...

SMH
Old 12-28-2018, 06:59 PM   #16
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
I guess no answer is my answer....Looks like I got the "Old Bo Jackson" stiff arm by customer service...

SMH
Picking the holidays to have a support issue is never good timing. We'll get to this when we can, but may be a few more days as we catch up on holiday issues.
Old 12-29-2018, 06:34 AM   #17
Cgraham67
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Picking the holidays to have a support issue is never good timing. ??

Hey guys I get it was a holiday..my Customer Service Team did not provide immediate response time Monday or Tuesday but in America the holiday ended for most Tuesday night...over 3 days ago....Not sure if maybe you guys are not here in light of the slow response times..

No customer "picks" when they have a customer service issue...If anyone picks, the customer service TEAM picks how fast they respond...

You guys take your time and get to it when you can..I guarantee I will not reach back to you about it as it has become a sore spot with me and a time consumer...I also guarantee I will not drop any in game cash either until this is handled..It has become somewhat of a headache for me over the holidays myself...There is no need to go into any further..I took the time to write a RARE review on Steam and was quite transparent in this process as I see it from the customer side.

The ball is in your court...thanks at least for responding..I really hope you are american and you guys at lest know who Bo Jackson was...Hate to lose that great analogy fell on blind eyes or deaf ears...

Chris/XylanderV
Old 12-29-2018, 07:12 AM   #18
Cgraham67
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Also this may help..it is the outline my team uses for each customer experience interaction..

no customer "picks" when they have a customer service issue...If anyone picks, the customer service TEAM picks how fast they respond and how fast they handle the issue...Basically they are deciding how important EACH CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE ISSUE IS....The customer service team I manage OWNS every customer experience and always needs to see it as if they were the customer..Customer service issues are part of the landscape.

Easy formula for delivering AN A plus customer eeperience......feedback loop on end is crucial to continue to get better..

>Listen attentively and Understand the issue...Empathy is key as you have to put yourself in the shoes of the customer..Feel how their issue is effecting them and let them know you understand/care...
>Ask questions to narrow down the true issue (which you guys did a good job of by the way)
>Offer solutions and give customer proper expectations...Tell them what you are going to do and when..
>Own the problem as a rep or team and solve the problem...
--Then Just do it..communicate progress and delays to the customer through the process if necessary...
>Follow up closely until resolution then do a Quality Assurance touch to get real feedback from your customer on how you did.
>Take that feedback to heart and continue to improve on the customer service you are delivering for a A plus customer service experience..

We have a 500m and growing annual sales company where I work so maybe we are further down the road from your (or maybe we are not)...Either way, I tell myself all the time that the easiest way for me to lose my job is for us to lose sales/customer base...simple but scary fact.

Hopefully you take this feedback..maybe you blow it off as a "crazy old man"

Either way, feedback is given...again the ball is in your court...thanks for listening...
Old 12-29-2018, 02:51 PM   #19
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Yes, we will get back to you, but since PT is still very new, we don't have all the reporting tools set up automatically. We're still a very small team, so at the moment we would need Chris to look into any possible issues, so unfortunately that will have to wait until the New Year when he is back.

For the moment, it's nice to hear the crashing issues have calmed down. If you do have issues again, as Lukas mentioned, getting the trace file to us will help track things down so we can try to prevent things going forward.

As for the "missing" cards, as mentioned, we're 99.999% certain that they don't get missing. Everything gets tracked by the servers on our end, so there should be no way that a client crashing will impact things. As mentioned, the most likely case happening here is that the cards from those packs end up in your Inactive Players list (which is NOT the reserve roster). If you go to the rosters screen, at the top right there is a button to check your inactive roster. From that page, there's a button to only show inactive cards, and I would say it's very likely that cards from any missing packs ended up there. If you double check there, that should be where they are. If they are not there, please do reply here, and as I said, once Chris is back from a well deserved vacation this week, he can potentially look into things a little bit more. And certainly going forward, we'll set things up so that other members of the team can check on things like that, but as I said, we're not quite there yet with this new mode.

Sorry again for the issues you had.
Old 12-29-2018, 03:21 PM   #20
Cgraham67
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for reply

... Just from trial and error of cards being switched inactive by the game at times, I am very very familiar with the manage cards screen along with the transaction log to track automatically sold cards under 70 (which is the setting I have)...at last count I had spent roughly $400 buying PPS so I have OPENED A TON OF PACKS......I would estimate close to 1000 packs since I recycle all cards and keep around 30 at a time on my roster....

I appreciate your certainty on your end that is why I shared my log info so you could see for yourself on my end....I have checked many times after the crash (not every time since it first started but every time it has happenned recently) and i can tell you with almost 100% certainly that in the cases I checked there were no cards just popping up after I log back in from the run time error...In theory there should be 6 more cars there correct??? When I go to manage cards there are no new cards inactive AND there are no auto transcations of selling cards since I got booted for the run time error)

So when I see it I will believe it so hopefully since you guys can track all this on your end you can prove it t me...then I will change my steam review to a more positive one...the other option which by far could have saves us all some time and headaches would be since the problem seems to be solved to replace the wasted packs or just provide a token to me showing you are serious about customer satisfaction...

That is all I am asking for.,.,.

Last edited by Cgraham67; 12-29-2018 at 03:28 PM.