Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > PT Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

PT Bug Reports Forum Have a Perfect Team bug to report? Please post here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 07:29 PM   #21
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
I know everyone will disagree with me but I think there should be just 1 team for each member. This guy could be doing this just for fun to get a reaction by fouling up a league. Not saying he has a couple of teams but whatever is happening here it just is not fair to anyone.

What about the family that shares a license? That is allowed by the ToS, and only one would get to play PT if there were a one team per license rule.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:40 PM   #22
Eckstein 4 Prez
Hall Of Famer

The thing is, when you create a super addictive mode that people use real money to play there will be shenanigans. It doesn’t appear that OOTPD is ready for that given their relatively relaxed rules. Those rules are fine for the old, non-addictive game. Not for this.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:43 PM   #23
Eckstein 4 Prez
Hall Of Famer

And yes, I am saying that allowing multiple teams per license is absurd unless they plan to have someone constantly monitoring the thousands of teams. This is a greedier mode - more addictive, more costly to players, more lucrative. It’s not an honor system world now.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:54 PM   #24
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
What about the family that shares a license? That is allowed by the ToS, and only one would get to play PT if there were a one team per license rule.
Yes, I get what you are saying Orcin, I just don’t have a answer for that one. For PT maybe there should be just 1 account aloud to save all the hassle that is going to occur over this. I don’t want to seem like I am complaining or whining over this because I feel I could win regardless by just spending money if need Be But some people are not in my shoes and have bigger obligations like kids and things and cannot afford to spend money on this mode but would like to be able to compete with us and friends who will not be stuck in the Bronze league. I just do not have a answer for them but I do believe trouble will come of this. Complaints kind of trouble.

Last edited by Zorro; 12-08-2018 at 07:56 PM.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:58 PM   #25
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

To quote Barney Fife: “Nip it in the bud!”
Old 12-08-2018, 09:10 PM   #26
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I know everyone will disagree with me but I think there should be just 1 team for each member.
I won't disagree. I've said several times before that this was a glaring potential loophole. And that taking special effort to put such teams in the same league/division, no less, was just asking for trouble. That statement didn't go over too well, though...

I've also said several times that tanking would be a problem because there are obvious, clear incentives to do so.

My concern is that whatever algorithms are in place to flag cheaters did not pick this up. This team, performing the most glaringly obvious level of tanking imaginable, was in operation for the whole season and still needed to be manually reported. Another offender was literally called, "Position Players throwing Meatballs" ffs and it's still up.

If it takes this long to shut down an easy one, what happens when a more intelligent player does the same thing, but with more subtlety?

Last edited by One Post Wonder; 12-08-2018 at 09:16 PM.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:14 PM   #27
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

Think that's possible but probably need to see three or four seasons pan out first.. I think that will tell the tale
Old 12-08-2018, 09:19 PM   #28
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormondbeachdan View Post
Think that's possible but probably need to see three or four seasons pan out first.. I think that will tell the tale
3 or 4 seasons would be enough time for a group of teams like this to turn the economy on its head. I don't know what the long term changes might be, but IMO the methods for flagging such teams need to be looked at ASAP.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:31 PM   #29
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Post Wonder View Post

My concern is that whatever algorithms are in place to flag cheaters did not pick this up. This team, performing the most glaringly obvious level of tanking imaginable, was in operation for the whole season and still needed to be manually reported. Another offender was literally called, "Position Players throwing Meatballs" ffs and it's still up.
I believe the only algorithms in place are threats. There are far to many teams to watch. What was the count? 7000? I am just afraid all the complaints will ruin the legitimacy and reputation of this Mode before it even starts.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:33 PM   #30
wolfslice
Minors (Single A)

I'm almost tempted purposefully ruin the last few games of the season. I'm at exactly .500 and I *really* don't want to advance to whale league. So far I haven't done it, but I'm tempted.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:42 PM   #31
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfslice View Post
I'm almost tempted purposefully ruin the last few games of the season. I'm at exactly .500 and I *really* don't want to advance to whale league. So far I haven't done it, but I'm tempted.
I don't get the desire to tank, but 16 teams do get promoted, and I know the line is lower than .500 to get promoted. My league it's in the .460's.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:42 PM   #32
TreMetal
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I am in this scenario as well. Make sure you only use pitchers as pitchers though since they have said they will ban people using position players as pitchers.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:43 PM   #33
TreMetal
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
I don't get the desire to tank, but 16 teams do get promoted, and I know the line is lower than .500 to get promoted. My league it's in the .460's.
If you are playing w/o spending then it is a lot more competitive for you to be in a league that isn't full of teams with full diamond/perfect cards. This also increases your expected PP gain per game as well since your team will do better against teams that aren't stacked.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:49 PM   #34
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
3 or 4 seasons would be enough time for a group of teams like this to turn the economy on its head. I don't know what the long term changes might be, but IMO the methods for flagging such teams need to be looked at ASAP.
Not to mention controls to prevent teams from going below 25 active players, and for putting a hitter on the mound, unless they are a two-way player.

Quote:
I believe the only algorithms in place are threats. There are far to many teams to watch. What was the count? 7000? I am just afraid all the complaints will ruin the legitimacy and reputation of this Mode before it even starts.
Looks like it's 4274 after the reset, according to the universe screen.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:51 PM   #35
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I was in third place in all three seasons of Beta.

Season 1 I was the lowest rated team to advance from my league
Season 2 I was smoked as that was first season with stacked teams. I still finished in third. I stayed in this league
Season 3 the whales had all moved up a level. I had my best season and made the playoffs as a wildcard

Hang with it. Let promotion and relegation work for a few weeks. Nobody ever respects a team that tanks because they want to face easier competition.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:04 PM   #36
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post

Season 2 I was smoked as that was first season with stacked teams. I still finished in third. I stayed in this league
Season 3 the whales had all moved up a level. I had my best season and made the playoffs as a wildcard

Hang with it. Let promotion and relegation work for a few weeks. Nobody ever respects a team that tanks because they want to face easier competition.
Although it must be said that you earned a famously low amount of PP during the beta. Some people earned more in one game than you did all three seasons combined.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:04 PM   #37
wolfslice
Minors (Single A)

Quote:

I don't care too much about my stats or even PP gain. I just don't really want to play with the whales They paid their money for their special wins, just let em play in their league.

That said, I doubt I'll drop any games on purpose in the end, mainly because it's too much work to mess with the lineup.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:06 PM   #38
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This is the attitude I respect. It's not always easy, but promotion and relegation will work over a few weeks. In the beginning, some teams may get promoted that shouldn't, but things settle to the right level.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:09 PM   #39
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't care too much about my stats or even PP gain. I just don't really want to play with the whales They paid their money for their special wins, just let em play in their league.

That said, I doubt I'll drop any games on purpose in the end, mainly because it's too much work to mess with the lineup.
We also don't know how teams will be leveled out during promotion, and you don't know if any whales will be in your league. Things will settle after the next couple weeks.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:16 PM   #40
wolfslice
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
We also don't know how teams will be leveled out during promotion, and you don't know if any whales will be in your league. Things will settle after the next couple weeks.
What a joke that is. Say whatever you want but don't try and tell me I won't be stuck in whale league. I mean, like I said, i dont really care, but i happen to be in the same division with the Seven Kingdom Knights, who is also leading the entire league. He is 119-40.

His lineup: Mauer, Trout, Goldschmidt, Yelich, Judge, Ramierz, Martinez, Lindor, Arenado.

Pitching: Degrom, Scherzer, Sale, Syndergaard, Bauer.

I'm surprised I've managed to stay .500 as completely f2p.

I don't really care that he spent that money, that's fine. I just don't wanna be in the same league with him again. Seeing his team annoys me.

Last edited by wolfslice; 12-08-2018 at 10:26 PM.
Closed Thread