Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > PT Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

PT Bug Reports Forum Have a Perfect Team bug to report? Please post here.

Old 11-19-2018, 10:51 AM   #41
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

We'll continue to investigate. But to be honest, I am pretty clueless right now.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 04:48 PM   #42
clashcity
Minors (Single A)

Starting a brand new season with everyone fresh. AI setting set up so that I am handling the pitchers, 5 man rotation with strict order. And I made sure to hit Submit Team before game 1 and haven't touched it since.

Here's what I've seen through the first 10 games of the season...

Day 1 SP#1
Day 2 SP#2
Day 3 SP#3
Day 4 SP#4
Day 5 SP#5
Day 6 SP#1
Day 7 Off
Day 8 SP#2
Day 9 SP#1
Day 10 SP #3
Day 11 SP #2
Day 12 SP#3 Scheduled to pitch with status at 46%

Screen shot of my staff showing the number of starts and all that...

Link to ScreenShot

Last edited by clashcity; 11-19-2018 at 04:52 PM.
clashcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 06:09 PM   #43
clashcity
Minors (Single A)

Three more games played at strict order without any additional changes and my #1 SP has already started 4 games and my #5 just 1...
Old 11-19-2018, 07:41 PM   #44
Clavette
Major Leagues

My number one starter has started 6 times in 16 games. Set to my control and strict w/ occasionally highest rested
Clavette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 07:44 PM   #45
Clavette
Major Leagues

I also had an issue in the playoffs where I had 2 pitchers in my rotation (#1, #2) both at 100% and I set my 7 day lineup to make sure #1 mr Syndergaard got the start. Submitted lineup and everything. Game started my #2
Old 11-19-2018, 08:13 PM   #46
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

i've had mine set to strict 5 man rotation and it hasn't varied. weird things going on to be certain.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 08:26 PM   #47
drhay53
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
OK guys, let's try this in a systematic way.

First question, do you have the AI handling the pitching staff or not (please check the AI settings in the Profile & Settings tab of the PT Home Screen)?
Lineups & Depth Charts, Pitching Staff, and Active roster moves are all managed by me.
drhay53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 09:11 PM   #48
ecd1973
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by clashcity View Post
Starting a brand new season with everyone fresh. AI setting set up so that I am handling the pitchers, 5 man rotation with strict order. And I made sure to hit Submit Team before game 1 and haven't touched it since.

Here's what I've seen through the first 10 games of the season...

Day 1 SP#1
Day 2 SP#2
Day 3 SP#3
Day 4 SP#4
Day 5 SP#5
Day 6 SP#1
Day 7 Off
Day 8 SP#2
Day 9 SP#1
Day 10 SP #3
Day 11 SP #2
Day 12 SP#3 Scheduled to pitch with status at 46%

Screen shot of my staff showing the number of starts and all that...

Link to ScreenShot

Same here. My #5 starter hasn't pitched in 10 days. My #1 pitches every three days and is at 0%. I guess it is something specific in my team settings, maybe a setting behind the scenes that is hidden for PT?

I just took control of staff, cleared staff and bullpen, and re set everything up with strict, occasional highest rested. It looks to me like the "occasional highest rested" code is ignoring the 4 and 5 spots in the rotation for some reason. I'll check in the morning to see what happens over the next few games.

I should also say I left OOTP running all day and downloaded the new league file a few times during the day whenever I was able to check. Not sure if closing OOTP vs leaving it open has anything to do with it.

Last edited by ecd1973; 11-19-2018 at 09:14 PM.
ecd1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:43 PM   #49
mwb6
Minors (Single A)

season 4 my rotation is working fine so far - no issues as in season 2 and 3. However, I do notice that the 7 day lineups are occasionally not cleared after use even though I have that option select.
mwb6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 11:00 PM   #50
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I noticed that my rotation did not advance once using strict order. I had the game open at the time. I changed to the next starter so I am not sure if it would have corrected itself.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:38 AM   #51
clashcity
Minors (Single A)

OK, so the month of April is in the books and here are my starters for the month using a strict 5 man rotation with STRICT ORDER selected. Everything is set to be controlled by me and I hit 'Submit Team' before game 1 of the season and then never touched it.

Day 1 SP#1
Day 2 SP#2
Day 3 SP#3
Day 4 SP#4
Day 5 SP#5

Day 6 SP#1
Day 7 Off
Day 8 SP#2
Day 9 SP#1
Day 10 SP #3
Day 11 SP #2

Day 12 SP#4
Day 13 SP#3
Day 14 SP#1
Day 15 SP#5
Day 16 SP#2

Day 17 SP#4
Day 18 SP#1
Day 19 SP#3
Day 20 SP#2
Day 21 SP#5

Day 22 SP#3
Day 23 SP#1
Day 24 SP#4
Day 25 SP#3
Day 26 SP#2

Day 27 SP#4
Day 28 Off

At the end of the month Starters 1-3 all have 6 starts, Starter 4 has 5 starts and Starter 5 has just 3 starts.

For what it's worth, I have another team set up in a different league using a strict rotation that seems to be working just fine...

Last edited by clashcity; 11-20-2018 at 12:51 AM.
Old 11-20-2018, 04:04 AM   #52
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

OK, I think I now know what might be happening. Looks like the server is re-importing the team export sometimes, without it being new, which changes the "next starter" and hence screws things up.

Chris is on vacation for a couple of days, we will fix this once he is back. So for now I suggest not using the strict mode.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:54 PM   #53
krazifan
Bat Boy

I believe in the Perfect Team settings there is a checkbox to Automatically Submit Team. When checked this will submit your team 1 minute before simulation. So if you haven't adjusted, you are setting a tired pitcher most of the time. Uncheck the box and see if it fixes the issue. I just did and we'll see how it goes.
krazifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 02:40 PM   #54
clashcity
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazifan View Post
I believe in the Perfect Team settings there is a checkbox to Automatically Submit Team. When checked this will submit your team 1 minute before simulation. So if you haven't adjusted, you are setting a tired pitcher most of the time. Uncheck the box and see if it fixes the issue. I just did and we'll see how it goes.
Great point! Thanks. I just did the same...
Old 11-23-2018, 12:43 PM   #55
Clavette
Major Leagues

I think I solved my problem and it had to do with using the 7 day lineups in the playoffs. I forgot to disable using them and my #1 pitcher was a part of that
Old 11-23-2018, 12:45 PM   #56
clashcity
Minors (Single A)

Looks like unchecking 'Automatically Submit Team' fixed it for me...
Old 11-23-2018, 02:13 PM   #57
ecd1973
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by clashcity View Post
Looks like unchecking 'Automatically Submit Team' fixed it for me...
I did the same and have gone two game weeks with rotation being used properly, so it appears that has something to do with it maybe...
Old 11-24-2018, 03:35 AM   #58
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecd1973 View Post
I did the same and have gone two game weeks with rotation being used properly, so it appears that has something to do with it maybe...
OK, that may be it. This is the situation:
When you quit OOTP / PT while the server simulates, OOTP automatically submits the team. Now, let's say you have the #2 starter scheduled in that submit, the server simulates and the #2 starts and advances the next starter to #3. 30 minutes pass, the server imports the last submit, which remember, was from you when you had the #2 scheduled. That screws up the rotation then and may lead to out of sync starters / relievers starting.

We will try to work around this somehow, but if you use the strict rotation, it is now best to disable auto-submit (profile & settings tab, PT home screen).

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 11-24-2018 at 03:43 AM.
Old 11-24-2018, 08:05 PM   #59
NakedReporta
Minors (Single A)

I'll try that

Have had same problem and it's pretty much taken me out of the pennant race and has me looking at a losing record. Can only have guys pitching every third day so many times while ignoring perfectly good guys in rotation. Sigh.
NakedReporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 05:36 AM   #60
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Same issue too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
We have been unable to reproduce this so far... strict orders always need some micromanagement. When the rotation is changed, and the scheduled SP is tired, then a reliever will start. So, the rotation needs to be adjusted manually when inserting new pitchers.

Do you have the AI set to handle something in the profile & settings tab of the PT home screen?

It's happening when I don't micro manage my team. Say I have to leave for a while & Starters are set to strict order & 15-20 games are played my Starting Rotation will not be followed. I've even had my position players replaced in lineup with none being tired. It's never been more than 2 players changed out for. I have set lineups for RHP & LHP saved, but don't always follow the guidelines.I have the Utility1, Depth Charts, defensive replacements, Pinch Hitters, Pinch runners set as I want but but don't always follow as set.
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote