Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > PT Bug Reports Forum

PT Bug Reports Forum Have a Perfect Team bug to report? Please post here.

Old 11-16-2018, 08:40 AM   #21
WBTyler939
Minors (Single A)

I'm not talking about after making changes. I'm saying you set your rotation, then don't touch your team again for hours, leaving it to go auto for a week or so worth of games. Many of us can't constantly make changes and submit our teams every 30 minutes when we are at work, taking care of children, etc. The AI should automatically go through the rotation 1-5 consecutively, but that is not happening. When I don't make changes and don't submit my team for a while, my #1 pitcher is starting every 3rd game, despite being on Strict Order.

When I went to bed last night, my rotation was set to Strict Order, starting with my #3 SP. I did not submit my team again for the rest of the day yesterday. The AI used my SPs in the following order the rest of the night: #3, #1, #5, #3, #1. This doesn't make any sense.

I'm also not talking about the AI starting a RP instead of a SP, although I know others have said that.

I implore you to try setting your rotation, and then do not make any changes to your team or submit your team for a week's worth of games, and see if you can replicate our issues.

Thank you.
WBTyler939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 09:17 AM   #22
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBTyler939 View Post
I implore you to try setting your rotation, and then do not make any changes to your team or submit your team for a week's worth of games, and see if you can replicate our issues.

Thank you.
I believe Markus has already tried that, as per the following in his last message:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
When my rotation is properly set and my next scheduled starter is properly set (and the following too based on rest) then it all works fine here for the following sims, no matter how many.
So, not exactly sure where to go from here...

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 11-16-2018 at 09:19 AM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 09:28 AM   #23
mwb6
Minors (Single A)

Rotation not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
A workaround is to use strict, occasionally highest rested instead. That way, the game should select the next starter instead of a reliever.
Tried this for the past few months and the problem still occurs where it starts a reliever when there are 100% rested starters available who should throw next based on rotation. It's frustrating - but it's beta. I hope that there's a fix for this issue.
mwb6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 09:43 AM   #24
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

I happened to notice on my team yesterday that Haddix threw, then we had a day off and it listed haddix as the next starter even though he had literally just pitched. Like it didn't iterate to the next game for the rotation b/c no next game was scheduled yet.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 10:33 AM   #25
WBTyler939
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
I believe Markus has already tried that, as per the following in his last message:

So, not exactly sure where to go from here...
Lukas, Markus wrote that in the context of, as I read it, making changes to his team and submitting his team before each new sim.

If you've tried letting it run several sims without making any changes AND not submitting your team to the server, then I stand corrected.

Regardless, several people have noticed this same issue, so clearly it's an issue and I hope you are able to get it resolved.

Thanks for engaging with us and making this awesome game! I hope to continue to enjoy it!
Old 11-16-2018, 12:16 PM   #26
clashcity
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Again, a RP will only replace the scheduled SP if he is tired and the rotation is set to strict.
How tired does the SP have to be to trigger the RP replacement in the rotation? If the SP is at 90% for example, will he pitch or will the RP pitch in his place?
clashcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 12:55 PM   #27
mwb6
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWR View Post
even though he had literally just pitched.
I have seen this too where a starter (or even a reliever) will get the start when they just pitched and other rested starters are available.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:34 PM   #28
drhay53
Major Leagues

I have played strict order in my solo league for 20 seasons, watching every single game, and have NEVER needed to micromanage my rotation. I have no idea what you're talking about when you say strict orders always need micromanagement.

I look at every pitcher before every game to assess his rested level and make sure my pitch counts are taking them out so they'll be 100% before their next start. I have never, not a single time, seen a pitcher used out of strict order in this solo league.

There is something going on in PT that is different from solo. I am 100% positive.
drhay53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 03:04 PM   #29
zrog2000
All Star Starter

This is what happened to me earlier this season using "Strict, occasionally highest rested". My #4 starter was skipped 3 times when he was fully rested, while my #1 starter pitched on 3 days rest when he was not at 100%. This led to my #1 starter being removed in the 3rd inning after about 50 pitches because he was at 0%. None of these pitchers had individual strategies set.

There is a pretty big bug here, the biggest I've seen so far.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 12:26 PM   #30
ecd1973
Major Leagues

OK I want to chime in here too because there is definitely some issue with the rotation.

I have the computer handling the setting of the rotation. It is set to 5 man, strict occasionally highest rested. Alex Wood is my best starter and the game log for the past two weeks show him starting every third day pretty consistently. As a result he only threw 2-4 innings each start, and maybe 40 pitches max.

I have no individual player strategies set and my Global strategy is set to balanced.

My team made the playoffs at 91-71 the first season, and this season they have 52 wins. I'm in a division with almost the same teams as last season, and if anything I have improved my team with some more Gold cards. I have to think the reason is because my pitchers are all plus 5 era this season (last season they were in the 3s).

Profile name is ecd1973. Hopefully you can take a look and see what is up before this comes out of beta.

UPDATE: I switched the settings to take control of my bullpen/staff. Porcello is pitching today at 100% rested which is good. Alex Wood is set to pitch tomorrow at 35% rested. When I put my #4 starter (81%) to pitch tomorrow and then ask the AI to set up my rotation, it puts Alex Wood back to pitching tomorrow. So there is some AI issue where it thinks a 35% ready pitcher should be pitching tomorrow when I have 2 much more rested starters ready.

Last edited by ecd1973; 11-17-2018 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Adding more info
ecd1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 01:22 PM   #31
keeks
Minors (Single A)

Im on "Always start highest rested", and have run with the same 5 pitchers all year

Games started:

#1 - 33
#2 - 32
#3 - 30
#4 - 29
#5 - 26

Working as intended for me
keeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 06:32 AM   #32
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

OK guys, let's try this in a systematic way.

First question, do you have the AI handling the pitching staff or not (please check the AI settings in the Profile & Settings tab of the PT Home Screen)?
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 06:41 AM   #33
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecd1973 View Post
UPDATE: I switched the settings to take control of my bullpen/staff. Porcello is pitching today at 100% rested which is good. Alex Wood is set to pitch tomorrow at 35% rested. When I put my #4 starter (81%) to pitch tomorrow and then ask the AI to set up my rotation, it puts Alex Wood back to pitching tomorrow. So there is some AI issue where it thinks a 35% ready pitcher should be pitching tomorrow when I have 2 much more rested starters ready.
No. Wood would be replaced at the start of the game by the highest rested pitcher of your rotation. However, this would not happen if you had the strict rotation mode.
Old 11-18-2018, 06:42 AM   #34
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBTyler939 View Post
I'm not talking about after making changes. I'm saying you set your rotation, then don't touch your team again for hours, leaving it to go auto for a week or so worth of games.
I have my rotation as strict for all my three teams for 3 simulated months now, without touching them. All started properly.
Old 11-18-2018, 04:45 PM   #35
Socali
Minors (Double A)

Two more cents...

First two beta seasons (I don't remember with initial rookie league) I noticed in both seasons at beginning of season in a 5 man rotation and settings at, "Always start highest rested", that after 3rd game (of the year) instead of starting 4th starter it starts my #1 pitcher again. My #5 starter didn't get his first start until game #8.

I don't really want it to do that. I do want, "Always start highest rested", but my #4 starter (and #5) is being skipped for #1 etc. pitcher when they haven't even made a start yet. My guess is that might be happening during the season but I don't pay attention after that. (Real baseball does this of course to keep top starters on schedule with extra off days.)

Not a huge deal especially as my first season, 99-63, and second, 108-54, went very well (without spending any money, no diamond or perfect cards). Didn't acquire any card packs but used auction house successfully.

I guessed that sparky was starting highest rested but acquiescing to rotation order whether other starters have even started or not. Not a huge deal for me. It seems to me that what I am pointing out may not be entirely related to the issue being raised but it might be somewhat...?
Socali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 07:29 PM   #36
Threnodas
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socali View Post
I do want, "Always start highest rested", but my #4 starter (and #5) is being skipped for #1 etc. pitcher when they haven't even made a start yet. My guess is that might be happening during the season but I don't pay attention after that. (Real baseball does this of course to keep top starters on schedule with extra off days.)
I think this is just a misunderstanding, and a separate issue from the "Strict order" issue others have described. "Always start highest rested" means "always start best pitcher who is rested", not "always start pitcher with the best rest status". I.e., it checks pitcher #1, starts him if he's rested, if not then checks pitcher #2, etc. This is specifically to start the best pitchers as often as off-days allow, which seems to be what your manager did, and what you told him to do, but not what you meant to tell him to do.

I use this mode myself, so I don't have anything to add to the "Strict order" conversation. It sounds like Markus is still trying to figure that one out.

Last edited by Threnodas; 11-18-2018 at 08:35 PM.
Threnodas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 09:40 PM   #37
mwb6
Minors (Single A)

Rotation

Quote:

First question, do you have the AI handling the pitching staff or not (please check the AI settings in the Profile & Settings tab of the PT Home Screen)?
My profile has "Setting Pitching Staff" set to me not AI.
Thanks for looking into this.
Old 11-18-2018, 10:16 PM   #38
getheroff
Minors (Single A)

Something is definitely wrong here...I have checked and I handle all decisions related to line-ups, depth charts, pitching staff and roster moves. In the playoffs I have a "strict" 4-man rotation of Syndergard, Kershaw, Nola, and Corbin. I win the first series 3-1 and all of the above pitch one game, in the proper order. I go to bed and when I check the games from Round 2, the AI decides to pitch Nola-Kershaw-Nola-Syndergard-Corbin-Nola. I lose 3-4. This needs to be investigated.
getheroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 03:01 AM   #39
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by getheroff View Post
Something is definitely wrong here...I have checked and I handle all decisions related to line-ups, depth charts, pitching staff and roster moves. In the playoffs I have a "strict" 4-man rotation of Syndergard, Kershaw, Nola, and Corbin. I win the first series 3-1 and all of the above pitch one game, in the proper order. I go to bed and when I check the games from Round 2, the AI decides to pitch Nola-Kershaw-Nola-Syndergard-Corbin-Nola. I lose 3-4. This needs to be investigated.
OK, this is definitely wrong.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:05 AM   #40
WBTyler939
Minors (Single A)

Quote:

No, I have it set so I am handling pitching staff in the settings.

FWIW, I created a second profile and team, am using the same settings there, and the rotation has worked perfectly on that team. But it's still not working properly on my original team.