Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > PT Bug Reports Forum

PT Bug Reports Forum Have a Perfect Team bug to report? Please post here.

Old 12-04-2018, 09:47 AM   #1
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

Putting a Max Bid that Matches Buy It Now Means Buy Now Doesn't work

I put a bid in on a card that matched the buy now price and I was the highest bidder but obviously not at the buy now price.

Came back and decided I'd match the buy now price, so clicked the buy now button and got an error message telling me to try again, so I did, I even restarted ootp and logged back in to PT but got the same error.

So now I'm stuck as the high bidder on the card at the buy now price, so I assume I'll get the card when the auction timer ends but ideally I'd add the card to my roster now. Also, what happens if someone else hits the buy now button, even though I'm the high bidder at the buy now price?
mikezone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:07 AM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezone13 View Post
I put a bid in on a card that matched the buy now price and I was the highest bidder but obviously not at the buy now price.

Came back and decided I'd match the buy now price, so clicked the buy now button and got an error message telling me to try again, so I did, I even restarted ootp and logged back in to PT but got the same error.

So now I'm stuck as the high bidder on the card at the buy now price, so I assume I'll get the card when the auction timer ends but ideally I'd add the card to my roster now. Also, what happens if someone else hits the buy now button, even though I'm the high bidder at the buy now price?

They will get the card. What you did was ensure that no one else could buy the card by submitting a bid equal to or less than the BIN price. The BIN button is not a bid; it is a Buy It Now action.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:37 AM   #3
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

Then there's still a "bug" here as there's no reason he should be prevented from BIN at the same price, unless I'm missing something?
BoofBonser26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 02:02 PM   #4
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoofBonser26 View Post
Then there's still a "bug" here as there's no reason he should be prevented from BIN at the same price, unless I'm missing something?
You either buy it now, or you risk losing the card. You cannot guarantee winning the card without using buy it now. It's by design.

Last edited by zrog2000; 12-04-2018 at 02:35 PM.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 02:28 PM   #5
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
You either but it now, or you risk losing the card. You cannot guarantee winning the card without using buy it now. It's by design.
Thank you for clarifying, I get this now.

However, I am still curious, why he cannot now use the BIN option. The fact that someone else can swoop in and BIN and beat him - I see that. However, why couldn't/shouldn't a bidder change their mind and, if the card hasn't been BIN by someone else, then use BIN themselves? Is there an edge case I'm not seeing?
BoofBonser26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 02:33 PM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

I just tried and it worked for me. Kepler had a BIN price of 30, so I bid 30 on him, and was the high bidder. Then hit the Buy it Now button, and it worked for me (got a message saying I bought him, and another message saying I was outbid). So there might be something else going on with the above case.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 04:08 PM   #7
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

It was Bo Diaz, in the end I was beaten by a buy now at 150, as I couldn't use the buy now function after having a max bid placed that matched the buy now due to the error.

Will try and replicate it.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:30 PM   #8
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

FYI looks like there might be problems if your PP balance isn't enough to buy it outright. We're discussing/looking into that
Old 12-04-2018, 06:40 PM   #9
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

But my PP balance was obviously enough as I had made a max bid of 150 (and still had more left over) and the buy now was 150. It just gave me an error and said 'Try again' which I did multiple times with no luck.
Old 12-04-2018, 07:21 PM   #10
Chris Marquardt
OOTP Developments

There was a bug where you could bid the "buy now" price. That is fixed. The maximum bid is now "buy now" price minus 1.

Currently when you try to "buy now" a card, you have to have the full PP amount at that moment.
So if you bid 149 and want to buy that card for 150PP now, you need 299PP total.

This is by design, to let people think if they want to try to bid on a card or to buy it right now.
We will discuss this internally if we need to change this to include the PP of a placed bet.

Last edited by Chris Marquardt; 12-04-2018 at 07:24 PM.
Chris Marquardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 07:22 PM   #11
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
But my PP balance was obviously enough as I had made a max bid of 150 (and still had more left over) and the buy now was 150. It just gave me an error and said 'Try again' which I did multiple times with no luck.
Currently for it to work, you need a PP balance of at least the buy it now price to actually buy it now. This does not include what you have bid so far, so if a guy costs 150 to buy now and your current bid is 100, you need 150 PP in your account to buy him outright, not just 50. This may change going forward, but that's how the logic works right now.

^Yeah what he said
Old 12-04-2018, 09:44 PM   #12
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

OK thanks - I can't recall if I did have the full amount left over in PP, that one I can't recall.

Like the change of max bid is buy now minus 1, makes a heap of sense.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:50 PM   #13
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

So I just tried it out on a Rawly Eastwick card, bid 150 (buy now is 15), got the error, so bid 149, bid was accepted, then I click buy it now and bought the card at 150, however my original amount has not been given back to me..

Started with 724 PP
Bid 149 PP balance is 575
Buy now 150 balance is 425
Refund of 149 balance should be 574 - but my balance is stuck at 425

Username is baseballbandit
Old 12-04-2018, 09:52 PM   #14
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 105
Size:  57.6 KB

Here's the image, it shows a +149, but it's taking the 149 from my balance.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:55 PM   #15
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

Fixed by logging out and logging back in. Also realised that the transaction balance is before the transaction not after it, but it defintiely was only showing 425PP in the top right of the screen too.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:18 AM   #16
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Fixed by logging out and logging back in. Also realised that the transaction balance is before the transaction not after it, but it defintiely was only showing 425PP in the top right of the screen too.
Yes, when this happens, it seems to need something to kick the server, so either logging out and back in, or selling another card does the trick.