Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 12-11-2019, 06:24 PM   #1
Sparrow
All Star Reserve

Marlins dynasty (MLB quickstart; start of 2019)

I've been gone from OOTP for a little while but ready to dive back in. I started an MLB quick start for the Miami Marlins. I used a random number generator to determine what team to play, (simple 1 - 30).

March 18
Bruce Sherman is the owner, an economizing and demanding one who expects a winning record. I am in challenge mode (never used that before) and I can be fired. He has given me three goals: play close to .500 ball, have a top six farm team by 2023 (currently 18th or 23rd depending where you look), and reach the playoffs by 2023.

Right off the bat, economizer aside, I set out to spend some money. I upped player development budget to $12M, draft budget to $7M, and international budget to $5M. I upped the scouting budget to $10M. Some of these come with the caveat that I can't go over half the league baseline so we'll see what happens. I'll just take it as the owner vetoing this move if it changes.

I have very little salary commitment for this season, and even less to next season.Wei-Yin Chen will cost $20M in 2020 and $16M in 2021 though that is a player option. Starlin Castro has as $16M team option for 2020. Martin Prado is on the books for $15M this year on an expiring contract.

I shot off seven minor league contracts, Pedro Fernandez, according to my scout, with the best upside.

March 19
Empty day as we wait for the upcoming season to start.

March 20
Starts off with a phone call from the owner reminding me to try and be close to .500 ball.

Got three emails from player agents that their clients are leaning towards better offers. I wish them luck and don't continue negotiations. Four others still pending.

All reports now put as as the 20th best farm system, so quite a climb to do there. And preseason predictions are out expecting the Marlins to be the worst team in all of baseball with 101 losses. Yikes!

First game of the year saw the Mariners beat the A's 8-4.

March 21
Three players took the minor league free agent offer including Fernandez, the other four went elsewhere.

March 22-27
Quiet as we approach Marlins opening day. Mariners start the season 2-0 and the A's then start 0-2.

Tomorrow is the first Marlins game as the we host the Rockies for a four game series!!!

Last edited by Sparrow; 12-13-2019 at 11:51 AM.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 11:03 PM   #2
Sparrow
All Star Reserve

March 28
Before the game got underway I decided to give Craig Kimbrel's agent a call. After a little negotiating we settled on an offer sheet of $5M for the first year and $8M for the second with an $800k buyout. All-Star and Cy Young incentives were tossed in as well. I was a little shocked they'd consider it so we'll see. Feel like that'd be a steal and a great piece to flip at the trade deadline.

And as the first game finally saw its first pitch I was on the edge of my seat. After Story, the second batter of the game, gave the Rockies a 1-0 lead with an opposite field blast I sunk back into the first game which was surely an indicator of the long season to come.

The bottom of the first saw 3 runs plated by the Marlins. The first on an RBI double by Garrett Cooper, and later a 2-out, 2- RBI single by Starlin Castro.

A run tacked on in the bottom of the third on an RBI groundout by Curtis Granderson had me jumping up and down with a 4-1 lead.

The top of the fifth saw Chen collapse as he gave up 4 runs on 5 hits, 2 walks, no outs and left with the bases loaded. At this point the Rockies were up 5-4 and looking to end the game with no outs and the bases loaded. But Nick Neidert put out the fire striking out the first two batters and getting the third to ground out weakly to end the inning. Trailing by one after 4 and a half, and still plenty of hope.

Unfortunately there wasn't another run to be scored and we dropped the first game 5-4 to the Rockies.

A quick waiver wire check and a slow drink ended the day. Hoping for better outcome tomorrow.

*Note: I don't plan to watch (I am only the GM not the manager) and recap every game. Just wanted to enjoy the first one of the year and if other important ones come up, I'll watch and recap those too*
Old 12-13-2019, 12:18 PM   #3
Sparrow
All Star Reserve

March 29
An 0-2 start as the Rockies take the second game 11-8. They jumped out to an early lead putting 3 in the first and never giving up the lead. Dropping the first two home games is a tough way to start the season. At least it's a four game season and there's still hope to pull out a split.

Notes from the game:
Granderson, Cooper, and Riddle all had multiple hits with Cooper having three and a home run.

Neidert followed up his stellar performance with a 2.1 inning 5-run outing.

Pablo Lopez, the starter gave up more runs than out, giving up four and only retiring five.

Hoping for our first win tomorrow.

March 30
Woke up to a message from Kimbrel's agent. Braves are chasing and he wants more money. Upped our offer to $5M year one and $10M year two. Honestly, I'm not worried about the second year as I plan to flip in before the deadline anyway. Fingers still crossed.

And game three of the season, loss three of the season as we got shutout 3-0. Boy, I know this is a rebuild, and I know we are supposed to be bad, but this is tough!

Notes from the game:
We pulled of six hits, but no player got more than one and only one (Anderson) was an extra base hit.

Caleb Smith pitched well. 6.1 IP, three runs, and 10 K's, but simply no offense to support him.

Well, that;s today. Sure hope we don't get swept in a FOUR game series at home to start the season.