Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Trouble-Shooting & Tech Support

Old 08-29-2018, 05:07 PM   #1
Count_Herout
Minors (Single A)

Question Game Crashes

Is there any other reason, besides absence of sufficient RAM, for the game to crash during running?

My game is running fine in Scheduler -- 1000 repetitions runs right through -- but crashes almost every time in Single Game. Be advised that I have modified the commentary significantly and added numerous features so that few here even would recognize the game as 2.5; however, if the new commentary or .exe modifications or other changes were corrupt, the game simply should not work at all, even in Scheduler. Also, most of these modifications don't kick in until the bout log is written, which I think takes place after the simulation runs inside the game.

So, I'm at a loss for how even to find the problem, since (1) it seems to move around, and (2) the game always stops printing on the line immediately before the seizure, so I cannot test for a bad line of code because the line will not display.

Anyone with any ideas here?.
Count_Herout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 05:45 PM   #2
Count_Herout
Minors (Single A)

Arrow Update

I should have mentioned that the OS is Win7 pro, and that I just got a report that TB2.5 is "incompatible" with that system. Unable to coax Microsoft into saying why, and as far as I know, TB2.5 can be made to run on Win7, Win8, and even Win10, so the incompatibility claim appears to be incorrect, especially since Scheduler runs fine.
Old 09-02-2018, 06:26 PM   #3
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

some of it depends on the fighters, corner, judges etc....but mainly it is in the fighters there is a glitch in some of the "tomato cans" ratings that makes the game crash (it is NOT FOUND in the game real fighters that shows up when the game is loaded). Start there.
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 09:35 PM   #4
Count_Herout
Minors (Single A)

Question Probably Not It...

I definitely thank you for taking the time to reply; however, I doubt you have pinpointed my problem. My game (as modified) presents the Women's Topless Boxing Association, and all of the fighters are fantasy fighters, though some are well known real fighters like Mia St. John and Regina Halmich. Furthermore, the WTBA is a manager's game where, theoretically, all the fighters start as equals (there is no advantage to be gained by managing Regina Halmich over, e.g., Tanya Danielle even though the real Regina would kill Tanya in about 30 seconds).

No, what I have done is alter the commentary not only to make it read better but also to add additional features (which can be done by using JavaScript in the commentary to effectively increase the number of commentary possibilities). I had this problem in the past and fixed it by rewriting some of this code, and for awhile this worked OK, but now the problem has returned, and the question is: Why? Past experience suggests that what I need to do is find the glitch in the commentary and rewrite that portion of code so the computer does not have to spend any time guessing at the meaning. Which gets to the question of memory -- is my game suddenly not working for any reason other than limits of memory? Andreas has said elsewhere that want of memory will shut the game down, but right now my game is working fine in Scheduler, even when I run 1000 repetitions.

So, I'm at a loss for why my Single Game shuts down. And, the nature of the shutdown (ceasing to print one element short of whatever is causing the problem) is keeping me from finding the problem. All I know is that the major problem occurs at the end of a round -- that line is printing (including the points) but not the line initiating the next round. It's at this point that the game is freezing and forcing me to close the program. And, I've looked at every one of the closing lines for a round and opening lines for a round that I know of, and none of them look bad. They contain code lines like:

********>Ad=1;PND1--;PND2--;if(PND1<1)PN1--;if(PND2<1)PN2--;</script>

and:

********>KD=0;PN=0;UP=1;round++;</script> .

This executes fine at least some of the time (the problem does not appear to lie in this code, but there is no other code).

I'm perplexed!