Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 06-27-2018, 10:28 PM   #21
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

July 23-July 29th

July 23rd, 2018: Gabriel Ynoa will begin a rehab assignment in AAA.

We're all the way up to third in the Power Rankings, right behind our next opponent, the visiting Red Sox. Wade Miley (5-4, 4.04 ERA, 1.48 WHIP) took on Eduardo Rodriguez (9-4, 4.40 ERA, 1.29 WHIP) to open the series. The Red Sox offense couldn't be contained, and the took the opener 12-6.

Miley struggled, 7 runs in 4 innings with 6 hits, 4 walks, and 4 strikeouts. Darren O'Day allowed a run and a hit in the 5th, while striking out the side. Nick Hagadone allowed 3 in 0.1 innings with a walk. Brad Brach allowed a run in 2 innings with 2 hits and 3 strikeouts.

Tim Beckham was 3-for-4 with an RBI and double. Mark Turmbo was 2-for-4 with a homer, double, 2 runs, and 3 RBI's. Manny Machado was 2-for-3 with a run and 2 walks. Gorkys Hernandez was 1-for-5 with a solo homer. Jonathan Shcoop was 2-for-4 with 2 runs and a steal.

Jorge Alfaro had 5 hits in a Phillies 7-6 win over the Dodgers. Andrew Benintendi increased his hit streak to 20 games.

July 24th, 2018: The Pirates traded LF Adam Frazier to the Tigers for RHP Kyle Funkhouser. It's a fair deal.

Mike Wright (6-2, 2.79 ERA, 1.07 WHIP) got the start against Carlos Villanueva (4-3, 4.96 ERA, 1.30 WHIP), who's 2-0 with a 1.64 ERA against us this year. It took 11 innings before Trey Mancini hit a walk off double off Luke Hochevar as we evened the series with a 5-4 win.

Wright allowed 4 runs in 5 innings with 6 hits and 7 strikeouts. The pen combined for 6 innings with 2 htis, 2 walks, and 4 strikeotus. Brach got the win, improving to 7-2 with 2 innings, a hit, and walk.

Manny Machado was 3-for-5 with a 3-run homer and 2 total runs scored. Trey Mancini was 1-for-5 with an RBI double. Ruben Tejada was 1-for-3 with a run and walk.

Marlins SP Wei-Yin chen tossed a 2-hit shutout in a 4-0 win over the Braves to lower his ERA to 6.75 on the season.

July 25th, 2018: Indians lefty Scott Diamonod is out for the year with a torn ulnar collateral ligament. He was 1-0 with 2 saves and a 5.96 ERA in 27 relief appearences.

The Blue Jays traded 3B Yangervis Solarte to the Brewers for 3B Lucas Erceg and RHP Jhoulys Chacin. It's an even enough deal.

We looked to win the series with Carlos Rodon (0-0, 2.16 ERA, 1.68 WHIP) facing Drew Pomeranz (1-8, 7.00 ERA, 1.54 WHIP). Pomeranz had a no hitter before being removed in the 7th. Matt Barnes allowed the only hit in the 9th, and we were shut out 4-0.

Rodon allowed 4 runs in 4 innings with 6 hits, a walk, and 5 strikeouts. The rest of the pen tossed 5 no-hit innings with 5 strikeouts.

Machado was 1-for-4 with the only hit. Beckham and Trumbo were both 0-for-2 with a walk.

While it sucks we lost the series, the Red Sox do have the 2nd best record in the MLB. The Rays would come to town for four. We'd see Blake Snell (7-7, 3.59 ERA), Matt Andriese (7-4, 3.15 ERA), Kevin Gadea (0-1, 18.90 ERA), and Zach Petrick (2-5, 3.86 ERA).

July 26th, 2018: The Tigers traded RHP Jose H. Vasquez to the Rays for SS Adeiny Hechavarria. I like this deal for the Tigers a lot.

We opened the four game set hosting Blake Snell (7-7, 3.59 ERA, 1.40 WHIP) and the Rays. Former Ray Alex Cobb (5-4, 3.38 ERA, 1.23 WHIP) started for us. The pitching was rough, and we dropped the opener 7-4.

Cobb allowed 7 in 3.2 innings with 9 hits, a walk, and 4 strikeouts. The rest of the pen went 5.1 innings with 3 hits, 3 walks, and 11 strikeouts. O'Day and Hagadone struck out 3 a piece.

Craig Gentry was 2-for-5 with an RBI. Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-3 with a walk and two run homer. Mark Trumbo was 1-for-4 with a solo homer. Lewis Brinson was 1-for-3 with a run scored and walk.

July 27th, 2018: The Marlins traded LHP Dillon Peters to the Nationals for 1B Matt Adams and RHP Francys Peguero. I like this deal for Mimai, even though they got Adams.

The A's traded CL Blake Treinen, C Sean Murphy, and RHP James Kaprielian to the Brewers for LF Domingo Santana. It looks like an overpay on the A's end.

We needed to bounce back with Kevin Gausman (8-4, 3.73 ERA, 1.30 WHIP) facing Matt Andriese (7-4, 3.15 ERA, 1.25 WHIP). We continued to struggled at home, dropping game two 4-2 and I'm worried about our future.

Gausman went 6 innings, allowing 8 hits, 3 runs, a walk, and 7 strikeouts. Brad Brach allowed a run, hit, walk, and got a strikeout in the 7th,

Manny Machado was 2-for-4 with a solo homer. Caleb Joseph was 1-for-3 with a solo shot. Adam Jones, Trey Mancini, and Justin Schoop were all 1-for-4.

White Sox 2B Yoan Moncada was 5-for-5 in a 6-5 loss to the Blue Jays. Benintendi's hit streak was ended at 23 in a 6-2 loss to the Twins.

July 28th, 2018: The A's traded LF Khris Davis to the Dodgers for RHP James Marinan and RHP Zack Burdi. It's an interesting deal for both teams.

The Cardinals sent 1B Jose Alberto Martinez to the Rangers for RHP Red Patterson and 2B Willie Calhoun. This is an absolute steal for the Cardinals and I wish I traded someone of Martinez's quality to the Rangers...

Wade Miley (5-5, 4.68 ERA, 1.53 WHIP) looked to not get designated against Kevin Gadea (0-1, 18.90 ERA, 3.30 WHIP) as we needed a win. We couldn't score a run, and the 5 run second for Tampa was the only scoring.

Miley allowed 5 off 9 hits and a walk in 5 innings with 6 strikeouts. The rest of the pen went 3 innings with 2 hits, a walk, and 3 strikeouts.

Trey Mancini was 3-for-4. Max Stassi was 2-for-4 with a double. Mark Trumbo and Lewis Brinson are both 1-for-3 with a run scored. I might have to sell off a little now as we continue to fall.

I ended up trading Miley to the Rangers for CF Delino DeShields Jr. I then designated Hernandez for assignment and recalled Ynoa from his rehab assignment.

DeShields is rated a 1.5/2.5 and has 100 speed and stealing abilities, to go with a decent, although not spectactular glove that's best suited in left. He's got a good eye and is a decent hitter. In the majors, he's hitting .275/.340/.376 in 66 games with 21 steals, 2 homers, and 19 RBI's.

July 29th, 2018: Oakland will be without SP Daniel Mengden for the year with a torn labrum. He was 6-7 with a 5.44 ERA in 17 starts.

The White Sox lost lefty Xavier Cedeno for the year with radial nerve compression. He had a 7.44 ERA with 41 strikeouts in 42.1 innings.

The Twins traedd RHP Alex Schick and CF Jean Carlos Arias to the Athletics for LHP Ryan Butcher and RHP Eli Nabholz. I like this deal for the Twins.

The Astros got CL Kelvin Herrera and SS Nicky Lopez from the Royals for CF Jake Marisnick. I like this deal for the Astros.

We looked to avoid the embarassing four game sweep at home against a last place team, with Mike Wright (6-2, 2.99 ERA, 1.08 WHIP) facing Zack Petrick (2-5, 3.86 ERA, 1.52 WHIP). It took 12 innings for a run to be scored, but we walked off with a Mark Trumbo solo homer.

Wright went 7 innings with a hit, 3 walks, and 5 strikeouts. It was the only hit the Rayss got in all 12 innings. The rest of the pen tossed 5 innings with a walk and 6 strikeouts.

DeShields was 2-for-4 with a walk in his debut for us. Mark Trumbo was 1-for-5 with the game winning solo shot. Tim Beckham was 2-for-5 with a double. Trey Mancini was 1-for-4 with a walk.

Rhys Hoskins hit three homers in a 7-1 Phillies win over the Reds.

We got tomorrow off, and I'm planning on shopping Machado to see if there is any offer that boosts the active roster so I can stay competitive. If not, I may have to hold on to him, because at 56-52, I can't really tear down. I might have to just extend qualifying offers to him and Adam Jones.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:09 PM   #22
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

July 30th-August 5th

July 30th, 2018: We're down to 13th in the Power Rankings, and sit at 56-52 the day before the deadline.

Three trades were made, starting with the A's sending 2B Jed Lowrie to the Tigers for LHP Eudis Idrogo and SS Cole Peterson. This is a good deal for Detroit.

The Mariners sent 2B Jean Segura and LHP Teagan Welty to the Brewers for RHP Corbin Burnes and 1B Travis Shaw. I'm not sure what the Brewers were thinking here.

Atlanta traded 1B Adam Lind and RHP Lucas Sims to the Cardinals for RHP Adam Wainwright. It's a head scratcher for the Cardinals, not considering how good Sims has been in my Marlins franchise.

Will there be a fourth trade? Like I mentioned, I will be shopping Manny Machado today. Let's just say there are a lot of options to sort through. I spent a ton of time looking for a good deal, but nothing really made sense, and I'd try again tomorrow.

We were off to New York to face the Yankees, and we'd see Sonny Gray (5-8, 4.00 ERA) and Chance Adams' major league debut for a quick two game series.

July 31st, 2018: Happy Deadline Day! Three more deals were made today before I made my possible moves.

Atlanta sent RHP Mike Foltynewicz and C Alex Jackson to the Nationals for RF Adam Eaton. I like this deal for the Nats.

The A's sent C Jonathan Lucroy to the Red Sox for LHP Jay Groome and CF Danny Mars. This actually looks like a steal for Boston, although they have a ton of catchers.

The White Sox sent RHP Danny Farquhar to the Blue Jays for LHP Danny Young. I like this deal for both teams.

The Blue Jays offered me Aaron Sanchez for Machado and let me tell you, it had me intrigued...

So I decided to make a blockbuster deal, sending 3B Manny Machado, 1B Cam Kneeland, and RF Joey Rickard to the Blue Jays for SP Aaron Sanchez, CF Kyle Lewis, CF Anthony Alford, CL Zack Jackson, and 1B P.K. Morris.

This is a lot to swallow:

First, Sanchez is the best player in MLB history plain and simple. I'm also looking to extend him as soon as humanly possible.

Anthony Alford is the next big piece, and you may remember him from my Marlins franchise. He's better here, a 2.5/4 with elite center field defense, top notch speed, and a solid bat with an plus plus eye. He's got limited big league at bats this year, but I have high hopes for him as I look to change the culture of the Orioles organization. He's currently the 77th overall prospect and 4th in my organization.

The injured Kyle Lewis (severe hip strain for 1 week left) is also a familiar name from my Marlins dynasty, and is rated a 1/3.5. He's got an elite bat with a solid glove and average speed, although he needs to work on limiting his strikeouts.

Zack Jackson is a 23-year-old closer with 3* potential and a starters arsenal with reliever stamina. He's got a crazy good curve ball and elite stuff as a whole, but has a little issue with his control. It's not terrible, but it's a little below average. He hits 93-95 with his plus-plus fastball and can upset timing with his plus change up.

Finally, P.K. Morris is a prospect who screams Baltimore Oriole. THe 19-year-old power hitting first basemen is rated a 3* potential with a bat that can carry him to the bigs. The former 14th Rounder in last years draft is a lot like Trey Mancini if he was a lefty.

I basically got all that for a 3 month rental and two veteran minor leaguers. I'd say A+ GM skills and if this happened in real life I'd hate the Blue Jays front office like most of the fan base already does, and run to my computer to purchase a Baltimore Orioles Aaron Sanchez shirt.

Roster moves: Outrighted Gorkys Hernandez to AAA, optioned Alford to AAA, place Sanchez on the active roster, designated Darren O'Day for assignment, purchased the contract of SS Erick Aybar.

And Sanchez thinks it's too early for a big extension.

The new Oriole (6-6, 4.68 ERA, 1.36 WHIP) opened the series against Sonny Gray (5-8, 4.00 ERA, 1.22 WHIP) as we started the series in New York. We scored 4 in the 9th to take the opener 6-4.

Sanchez went just 4.2 innings with 6 hits, 3 runs, and 2 strikeouts. Gabriel Ynoa tossed 2.1 innings out of the pen with 2 hits and a run. Brad Brach got the win, getting the final out of the 8th, and Zach Britton struck out the side to earn his 9th save.

Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-5 with a two run homer. Delino DeShields was 1-for-5, but hit a grand slam in the 9th. Tim Beckham was 2-for-4. Ruben Tejada replaced Machado at short, and was 2-for-4 with a run scored. Mark Trumbo was 2-for=3 with a double.

I got the achievement "1-2-3, Struck out the Side" for Britton's performance.

August 1st, 2018: Down in Bowie, SP Chris Lee was Pitcher of the Month, going 4-1 with a 2.51 ERA in 6 starts with 33 strikeouts in 32.1 innings.

We looked to finish the two game sweep with Carlos Rodon (0-1, 4.38 ERA, 1.70 WHIP) facing Mashiaro Tanaka (10-5, 3.97 ERA, 1.12 WHIP). Erick Aybar manned short and hit 9th in his Orioles debut. The Yanks got 5 in the third and won 9-3 to earn the split.

Rodon allowed 5 in 2.2 innings with 6 hits, 3 walks, and a strikeout. Ynoa allowed 2 runs off 4 hits in 0.2 innings. Shawn Armstrong tossed 2.2 perfect frames with 2 punch outs. Bruce Rondon allowed a run, got a strikeout, gave up a hit, and walked two. Nick Hagadone tossed 1.2 innings with a hit, run, 2 walks, and 3 strikeouts.

Adam Jones was 2-for-3 with a walk and solo homer. Tim Beckham was 3-for-4 with a double and run scored. Aybar was 1-for-3 with an RBI.

We're off to Texas for four against the Rangers. We'll see former Oriole Wade Miley (5-6, 4.96 ERA), Stoly Pimentel (2-3, 6.81 ERA), Cole Hamels (7-8, 4.68 ERA), and Martin Perez (5-8, 5.30 ERA).

August 2nd, 2018: The Brewers SP C.C. Sabathia is out for the year with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament. This may end the 38 year olds career, as the impending free agent likely won't sign another big league deal in the offseason. If this marks the end for the big lefty, he'll finish his career 241-151 with a 3.72 ERA, 1.25 WHIP, and 2,923 strikeouts in exactly 3,400 innings.

Alex Cobb (5-5, 4.02 ERA, 1.30 WHIP) opened the sereis at Glove Life Park in Arlington against former teammate Wade Miley (5-6, 4.96 ERA, 1.56 WHIP). The Rangers bested us 7-4 to start the four game set.

Lewis Brinson left with a sprained ankle, but he won't head to the DL. I'll monitor his injury.

Cobb went 5.2 innings, allowing 11 hits, 5 runs, and he struck out just 1. Shawn Armstrong allowed a run off 2 hits in 0.1 innings. Aaron Bummer allowed a run in an inning with 2 hits and 2 strikeouts.

Delino DeShields Jr. was 3-for-5 with a steal and a pair of RBI's. Max Stassi was 1-for-3 with a walk and RBI. Tim Beckham was 1-for-3 with a run scored, driven in, and walk. Mark Trumbo was 2-for-4. All 9 of our hits were singles.

August 3rd, 2018: We looked to stop the skid with Kevin Gausman (8-5, 3.76 ERA, 1.31 WHIP) taking on Stolmy Pimentel (2-3, 6.81 ERA, 1.74 WHIP). We got three in the ninth to even the series with a 4-2 win.

Mark Trumbo left with an injury and we will await the diagnosis.

Gausman went 7, allowing 5 hits, 2 runs, 2 walks, and he struck out 2. Brach got the win, now 9-2 while walking 2 and striking out 1 in the 8th. Britton got the save, a walk and strikeout in the 9th.

Tim Beckham was 1-for-3 with a solo shot, his 24th of the year. He was also hit by a pitch. Aybar was 3-for-4 with a run and RBI. Caleb Joseph was 1-for-4 with a two run homer off Alex Claudido with 2 outs in the 9th. Trey Mancini was 1-for-3 with a double and walk.

Twins SP Kyle Gibson tossed a 6-hit shutout in a 4-0 win over the Rays. Giants 3B Evan Longoria was 5-for-6 in a 8-6 win over the D'Backs.

I outrighted O'Day to AAA.

August 4th, 2018: Trumbo is headed to the DL with a strained back. I have a claim on an infielder, so I will bring up Donnie Hart until the claim goes through (or becomes invalid).

We looked to take the series lead with Mike Wright (6-2, 2.81 ERA, 1.05 WHIP) battling Cole Hamels (7-8, 4.68 ERA, 1.49 WHIP). Texas fought back and took the third game 8-2.

Wright went 5.1 innings, allowing 6 hits, 4 runs (2 earned), 4 walks, and he struck out just 1 hitter. Mychal Givens allowed 4 runs off a hit and 3 walks while getting just 1 out. Hart went 1.2 innings with a hit, walk, and strikeout.

Delino DeShields Jr. was 2-for-4 with a steal and run scored against his former team. Lewis Brinson was 1-for-4 with a run scored. Max Stassi was 1-for-3 with a double and walk.

August 5th, 2018: We looked to earn the split with Aaron Sanchez (6-6, 4.74 ERA, 1.36 WHIP) taking on Martin Perez (5-8, 5.30 ERA, 1.40 WHIP). We couldn't support our young stud, and we were shutout 1-0 after Carlos Santana reached with a walk off error by Jonathan Schoop.

Sanchez had a shaky game, going 5.1 innings with just 1 hit and 6 strikeouts, but he walked 7. Brach was charged with the unearned run, and he allowed a hit, struck out a hitter, and walked one, in an inning of work.

Adam Jones was 2-for-4. Ruben Tejada was 1-for-3 with a double. Delino DeShileds was 1-for-3 with a walk.

Phillies CF Odubel Herrera went 5-for-8 in a 8-7 ectra innings win over the Marlins. He walked it off wtih an RBI single in the 15th.

Well, that didn't go as planned, but we get tomorrow off. I optioned Aaron Bummer to AAA to eventually make room for my waiver claim.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by ayaghmour2; 06-29-2018 at 07:37 PM.
ayaghmour2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 07:38 PM   #23
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

August 6th-August 12th

August 6th, 2018: At 58-56, we sit at 21st in the Power Rankings, a big drop from where we were.

An August trade was made as the Rays sent C Angel Neto to the Athletics for RHP Chris Hatcher and LHP Jesus Luzardo. I guess it's a good deal for the Rays.

We got today off before we'd head to Tampa for three. We'd see Blake Snell (8-8, 3.59 ERA), Matt Andriese (8-5, 3.07 ERA), and Kevin Gadea (2-1, 4.15 ERA).

August 7th, 2018: I claimed super utility man Erick Gonzalez off waivers from the Indians and added him to the active roster. The 26-year-old may be hitting just .108/.132/.135, but he can play anywhere except catcher and pitcher, and he's got great speed. "El Mago" gives me lots of versatility

A pair of pitchers head to the DL with season ending injuries. The Nats righty Koda Glover is out with radial nerve compression and the Chi Sox's Dylan Cove tore his ulnar collateral ligament.

We opened the series in Tampa/St. Petersburg with Carlos Rodon (0-2, 6.60 ERA, 2.00 WHIP) facing Blake Snell (8-8, 3.59 ERA, 1.41 WHIP). Gonzalez will hit 7th and play short. Despite being up 2-0, we lost the opener 5-2.

Rodon was great, 6 innnings with 4 hits, 2 walks, and 6 strikeouts. Nick Hargadone blew the save, allowing 2 runs off 3 hits and a walk while getting one out with a strikeout. Brad Brach got the loss, 1.1 innings with 4 hits, 3 runs, and 2 strikeotus.

Trey Mancini was 1-for-4 with a solo shot. Max Stassi was 2-for-3 with a solo homer and double. Gonzalez was 0-for-3 in his Orioles debut.

August 8th, 2018: Alex Cobb (5-6, 4.29 ERA, 1.35 WHIP) returned to the Trop agaisnt Matt Andriese (8-5, 3.07 ERA, 1.19 WHIP) as we looked to stay above .500. The pitching was great, and we won 7-1.

Cobb went 6, allowing 7 hits, a run, 2 walks, and he struck out 4. Shawn Armstrong got a three inning save, allowing 2 hits, a walk, and getting 3 strikeouts.

Jonathan Schoop and Ruben Tejada were both 2-for-4 with 2 runs, 2 RBI's, and a homer. Caleb Joseph was 3-for-4 with a triple, run scored, and RBI. Delino DeShields Jr. was 2-for-5 with 2 RBI's and a double, as well as 1-for-2 on steal attempts.

August 9th, 2018: We looked to win the series with Kevin Gausman (8-5, 3.70 ERA, 1.29 WHIP) taking on Kevin Gadea (2-1, 4.15 ERA, 1.21 WHIP) who didn't allow a run in his previous appearence against us. We couldn't score again, and lost 2-0.

Gausman went 6, allowing 5 hits, a run, 3 walks, and 5 strikeout. Mychal Givens tossed 2 innings with a hit, run, and 3 walks.

Tim Beckham was 3-for-4. Trey Mancini was 2-for-3. Ruben Tejada was 1-for-3.

We returned home to host the Red Sox, facing Eduardo Rodriguez (10-4, 4.30 ERA), Drew Pomeranz (3-8, 6.35 ERA), and Chris Sale (12-4, 3.39 ERA).

August 10th, 2018: The first place Red Sox sent Eduardo Rodriguez (10-4, 4.30 ERA, 1.28 WHIP) to the mound against Mike Wright (6-3, 2.84 ERA, 1.08 WHIP). Boston got 4 in the 1st and 6 in the 3rd in their 11-4 series opening win as we dropped to .500.

Wright went 2.2 innings with 9 hits, 10 runs (9 earned) and a strikeout. Gabriel Ynoa went 3.1 innings with 4 hits, a run, walk, and 3 strikeotus.

Lewis Brinson was 3-for-4 with a steal and a pair of doubles. Jonathan Schoop was 2-for-4 with a solo homer. Delino DeShields was 1-for-5 with a double and RBI. Ruben Tejada was 1-for-3 with a walk.

August 11th, 2018: We looked to push back over .500 with Aaron Sanchez (6-6, 4.49 ERA, 1.37 WHIP) facing Drew Pomeranz (3-8, 6.35 ERA, 1.46 WHIP). Sanchez was brilliant and we evened the series with a 4-1 win.

Sanchez went 7.1 innings with 4 hits, a run, 2 walks, and 3 strikeouts. Donnie Hart finished the 8th to earn the hold. Zach Britton tossed a perfect 9th to earn the save. Fun fact: all three of these players have an ERA claim to fame for 2016. Sanchez won the ERA crown for the AL (3.00), Britton had the best ERA for pitchers with 20 or more innings pitched (0.54) and Hart had the best ERA for pitchers with 18 or more innings pitched (0.49). Only run he gave up? A solo homer hit by Hanley Ramirez.

Trey Mancini was 1-for-4 with a two run homer. Max Stassi was 2-for-2 with a RBI. Erick Gonzalez was 1-for-3 with a run scored, RBI, and triple.

Yasiel Puig hit for the cycle in a 21-0 domination of the Rockies.

More impressively, however, came in the Angels-Atlhetics game where rookie Shoehi Ohtani tossed a no-hitter in a 3-0 win. He walked 3 and struck out 11.

August 12th, 2018: We looked to win the home series in a battle of southpaws who happen to be former White Sox 1st Round selection: Chris Sale (12-4, 3.39 ERA, 0.95 WHIP) and Carlos Rodon (0-2, 4.71 ERA, 1.71 WHIP). We had 10 hits, but 0 runs, and were shutout 4-0.

Tim Beckham left with a bruised wrist, and will miss about one week.

Rodon went 5, allowing 6 hits, 3 runs, 3 walks, and he struck out 4. Brach pitched the 7th, allowing a run, hit, 3 walks, and he struck out 2.

Lewis Brinson was 3-for-4 with a double. Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-3 with a double and walk. Delino DeShields was 1-for-5 with a steal. Mancini was 1-for-3 with a walk. Caleb Joseph was 2-for-4.

We got tomorrow off...
Old 06-29-2018, 11:13 PM   #24
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

August 13th-August 19th

August 13th, 2018: At 60-60, we moved up to 17th in the Power Rankings, which doesn't make sense since we went 2-4...

Robinson Cano hit his 2,500th career hit in a 5-3 Mariners win over Oakland. He's hitting .312/.377/.626 in 103 games this season.

The Mets came to town, and we'd see Zack Wheeler (3-5, 2.35 ERA) and Matt Harvey (5-5, 5.78 ERA).

August 16th, 2018: I activated Mark Trumbo from the DL to take Beckham's spot on the active roster.

We started the quick two game set with Alex Cobb (6-6, 4.10 ERA, 1.36 WHIP) facing Zack Wheeler (3-5, 2.35 ERA, 1.19 WHIP). It was close, but we fell 4-2 to fall below .500.

Cobb tossed 4 innings, allowing 4 hits, 2 runs, 4 walks, and he struck out 3. Shawn Armstrong went 2 with a hit, 2 walks, and 3 strikeouts. Mychal Givens was charged with a run in 1.1 innings with a hit, walk, and 2 strikeouts. Zach Britton pitched a scroless 9th, and has tossed 24 scorless innings since coming off the DL.

Erick Aybar was 1-for-2 with a walk and solo homer. Max Stassi was 1-for-2 with a double, run scored, walk, and double. Adam Jones was 1-for-3 with a walk and RBI.

August 15th, 2018: We looked to split the two game set with Kevin Gausman (8-6, 3.60 ERA, 1.30 WHIP) taking on Matt Harvey (5-5, 5.78 ERA, 1.35 WHIP). We got 6 in the 6th to take the finale 7-4.

Gausman went 5, allowing 5 hits, a run, 2 walks, and he struck out 6. Nick Hagadone got the win, despite allowing a run in 1.1 innings with 2 htis. Gabriel Ynoa allowed 2 runs in 2.1 innings with 3 htis and a strikeout.

Stassi was 1-for-3 with a walk, solo homer, and 2 total runs scored. Lewis Brinson was 1-for-4 with a run scored and 2 run double. Delino DeShileds was 2-for-5 with a double and RBI. Ruben Tejada was 2-for-4 with a steal, run scored, and RBI. Adam Jones was 1-for-4 with a double and run scored.

Daniel Murphey went 5-for-5 in a 7-2 Nationals win over the Cardinals.

We got tomorrow off before traveling to Cleveland.

August 16th, 2018: Tomorrow we start a three game set with Cleveland against Mike Clevinger (10-4, 4.53 ERA), Corey Kluber (15-4, 3.49 ERA), and Danny Salazar (6-6, 4.44 ERA).

August 17th, 2018: Aaron Sanchez (7-6, 4.26 ERA, 1.33 WHIP) opened the series against Mike Clevinger (10-4, 4.53 ERA, 1.47 WHIP). It was a close one, but we edged them 5-4.

Sanchez went 5.2 innings, allowing 3 hits, 3 runs, 5 walks, but he struck out 4. Bruce Rondon, Mychal Givens, Donnie Hart, and Brad Bach got holds before Britton tossed a perfect 9th for his 12th save. Hart allowed a run in 0.1 innings with 2 hits and a strikeout.

Lewis Brinson was 2-for-4 with a two run homer. Delino DeShields Jr. was 3-for-4 with a walk, steal, 2 runs, and a solo shot. Mark Trumbo was 2-for-4 with 2 runs, a solo shot, and a double. Craig Gentry was 1-for-3 with a walk and steal.

August 18th, 2018: We looked to take the series a game early with Carlos Rodon (0-3, 4.85 ERA, 1.73 WHIP) taking on Klubot (15-4, 3.49 ERA, 0.98 WHIP). It was another 1 run game, but the Indians evened the series with a 4-3 win.

Rodon went 5, allowing 5 hits, 3 runs, and he struck out 5. Brach got the loss, allowing a run in the 8th off a hit and 2 strikeouts.

Trey Mancini was 1-for-3 with a solo homer and walk. Max Stassi was 1-for-3 with a solo homer. Adam Jones was 1-for-4 with a solo homer. Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-4 with the the last hit of the game.

August 19th, 2018: We looked to win the series with Danny Salazar (6-6, 4.44 ERA, 1.25 WHIP) and Mike Wright (6-4, 3.42 ERA, 1.13 WHIP) going head to head in the finale. They got 8 in the third and won the finale 8-1.

It was another bad start for Wright, allowing 8 runs in 3 innings off 6 hits, 2 walks, and a strikeout. It was his seconds straight start of 3 or less innings with 8 or more runs allowed. Ynoa tossed 5 innings of 1-hit mop up relief while striking out 2.

Adam Joens was 1-for-4 with a double and a run scored. Jonathan Schoop was 0-for-2 with a walk and sac-fly for our only run. Max Stassi was 0-for-1 with 2 walks.

Giancarlo Stanton hit his 300th homer ina 3-1 win over the Blue Jays. It took him just 1,099 games, and 267 of the 300 homers came with Florida/Miami.

We're off to Toronto for three with the Jays. We'll see Marcus Stroman (9-5, 4.18 ERA), Jaime Garcia (8-9, 5.07 ERA), and Jhoulys Chacin (8-6, 4.58 ERA).
Old 06-30-2018, 06:16 PM   #25
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

August 20th-August 26th

August 20th, 2018: We dropped even farther to 22nd in the Power Rankings, as we sit a game below .500 at 62-63.

We start the series in Toronto with Alex Cobb (6-7, 4.12 ERA, 1.38 WHIP) facing Marcus Stroman (9-5, 4.18 ERA, 1.26 WHIP). We got to see Manny Machado in his new uniform. The Jays got the best of us, and edged us 6-4. Machado was 2-for-4 with an RBI.

Cobb went 5.2 with 5 hits, 3 runs, 4 walks, and 3 strikeouts. Nick Hagadone got the loss, 2 runs off 2 hits in 0.2 innings. Bruce Rondon allowed a run off 2 hits, a walk, and strikeout in 0.2 innings.

Trey Mancini was 2-for-3 with a two run homer and double. Adam Jones was 3-for-4 with 2 runs scored. Mark Trumbo was 1-for-4 with an RBI. Delino DeShields Jr. was 1-for-4 with a run scored.

August 21st, 2018: Game two saw Kevin Gausman (8-6, 3.54 ERA, 1.30 WHIP) battle Jaime Garcia (8-9, 5.07 ERA, 1.38 WHIP). The Jays got 6 in the 5th including a Machado grand slam, and we fell 8-5.

Gausman went 4.2 innings with 3 hits, 3 walks, 7 runs, and a strikeout. Hagadone struggled again, a run in an inning with a hit and strikeout.

We outhit them 12-8, but didn't do too well with the hits. Mancini was great, 3-for-5 with a run and RBI. Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-5 with a double. Adam Joens was 2-for-4 with 2 runs scored and a walk. Erick Gonzalez was 2-for-4 with a steal and run scored.

August 22nd, 2018: The Cusb will be without 2B Ben Zobrist for the year with a torn posterio cruciate ligament. He was hitting .245 with 8 homers and 41 RBI's in 306 at bats.

We looked to avoid the sweep with former Blue Jay Aaron Sanchez (8-6, 4.29 ERA, 1.33 WHIP) taking on Jhouyls Chacin (8-6, 4.58 ERA, 1.42 WHIP). We didn't go down easy, and took the finale 6-3.

Sanchez went 5.2 innings, allowing 6 hits, 3 runs (2 earned), a walk, and he struck out 7. Bruce Rondon and Mychal Givens got holds, and Zach Britton tossed a scorless 9th for the save.

Max Stassi was 2-for-3 with a walk, 2 homers, 2 runs, and 4 RBI's. Trey Mancini was 1-for-3 with a solo homer and 2 walks. Erick Gonzalez was 1-for-4 with a double and run scored. Adam Jones was 2-for-5 with a run scored. Lewis Brinson was 1-for-3 with a walk and run scored.

We got tomorrow off and would return home in preperation for a nice homestand.

August 23rd, 2018: Tim Beckham is headed to Delmarva to begin a rehab assignment.

We'd host the Yankees for three, and would see Sonny Gray (5-9, 3.72 ERA), Chance Adams (2-1, 9.68 ERA), and Luis Severino (10-7, 3.41 ERA).

August 24th, 2018: We opened the series with Carlos Rodon (0-3, 4.94 ERA, 1.61 WHIP) hosting Sonny Gray (5-9, 3.72 ERA, 1.25 WHIP). The Yankees got 5 in the 1st and took the opener 8-2.

Rodon had a rough outing, lasting just 1.1 innings with 6 hits, 6 runs, a walk, and 2 strikeouts. Gabriel Ynoa went 2.1 innings, giving up a hit, 2 walks, and 3 strikeouts. Shawn Armstrong went 0.2 innings with 3 hits, 2 runs, a walk, and 2 strikeouts. Nick Hagadone tossed 3.2 perfect innings with 5 strikeouts. Rondon struck out the side in the 9th.

Adam Jones was 3-for-4 with an RBI. Jonathan Schoop was 2-for-4 with a solo homer. Erick Gonzaelz was 1-for-3 with a run scored.

August 25th, 2018: We looked to even the series with Mike Wright (6-5, 3.90 ERA, 1.17 WHIP) facing Luis Severino (10-7, 3.41 ERA, 1.02 WHIP). Wright has had two awful starts in a row, and is looking to regain his All-Star form. He was great, but the Yanks edged us 2-1.

Wright tossed 6 solid innings, with 6 hits, a run, walk, and 4 strikeouts. Mychal Givens got the loss, 2 innings with 2 hits, a run, walk, and strikeout. Britton struck out 2 and allowed a hit in a scorless 9th.

Trey Mancini was 1-for-4 with an RBI. Delino DeShields Jr. was 1-for-4 with a run scored. Mark Trumbo struck out all four times he went to the plate.

Tigers LF Adam Frazier went 5-for-5 in a 6-1 win over the White Sox.

August 26th, 2018: The Pirates will be without CF Starling Marte for the year with a broken bone in his elbow. The 29-year-old was hitting .285 with 10 homres and 42 RBI's, and should be ready for 2019 Opening Day.

Alex Cobb (6-7, 4.15 ERA, 1.39 WHIP) took on Chance Adams (2-1, 9.68 ERA, 1.81 WHIP) as we looked to avoid the sweep. It was another 2-1 game, but we came out on top to salvage the finale.

Cobb, however, left after 4 innings with an injury. He allowed 3 hits and got 2 strikeouts.

Gabriel Ynoa allowed the only run, pitching the 55th with a hit and 2 walks. Bruce Rondon got the win, 0.2 innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts. Brad Brach struck out the side in the 8th to get a hold, while Zach Britton tossed another perfect frame for his 14th save of the season.

Lewis Brinson was 1-for-3 with a solo homer. Trey Mancini was 1-for-4 with a run scored. Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-4 with an RBI.

Toronto will come to Baltimore for three, and we'll see two familiar starters in Jaime Garcia (9-9, 4.99 ERA) and Jhoulys Chacin (8-7, 4.71 ERA) before J.A. Happ (11-5, 3.18 ERA) pitches the finale.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:22 AM   #26
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

August 27th-September 2nd

August 27th, 2018: Alex Cobb ruptured a disc in his back and will miss the rest of this season and part of next season. I recalled Tim Beckham from his rehab assignment to replace him, pushing Gabriel Ynoa to the rotation.

At 64-67, the Power Rankings moved us up to 18th.

Aaron Sanchez (9-6, 4.24 ERA, 1.33 WHIP) faced his former team and Jamie Garcia (9-9, 4.99 ERA, 1.40 WHIP) as we hosted the Blue Jays. We also welcomed Manny Machado back to Camden Yards for the first time since the trade. Him and the Jays bested us 5-2 to start the series.

Sanchez went 3.2 innings, allowing 5 hits, 5 runs, 2 walks, and he struck out 3. The rest of the pen went 5.1 innings, allowing 3 hits, 3 walks, and they recorded 5 strikeouts.

Adam Jones was 3-for-4 with a double and RBI. Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-2 with a solo homer and two walks. Mark Trumbo was 1-for-4 with a double.

August 28th, 2018: We looked to even up the series with Kevin Gausman (8-7, 3.86 ERA, 1.30 WHIP) facing Jhoulys Cahcin (8-7, 4.71 ERA, 1.44 WHIP). Gausman was great, and we took the middle game 3-1.

Gausman went 7 innings, allowing 3 hits, a run, a walk, and he struck out 11. Mychal Givens got a hold, and Zach Britton tossed a perfect 9th for the save. Both relievers had 2 strikeouts, alhthough Givens allowed 2 hits.

Ruben Tejada was 1-for-3 with a two run homer. Lewis Brinson was 1-for-2 with a double, run scored, and walk. Adam Jones was 1-for-4 with an RBI. Max Stassi was 1-for-3 with a run scored. Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-4 with a double.

I earned the achievement "Corner Painter" for Gausman's performance.

August 29th, 2018: We looked to win the series with Carlos Rodon (0-4, 6.40 ERA, 1.76 WHIP) taking on J.A. Happ (11-5, 3.18 ERA, 1.22 WHIP). The Jays got 6 in the third and won 10-4.

Rodon allowed 7 runs in 2.1 innings off 6 hits, 3 walks, and 4 strikeouts. Nick Hagadone didn't get an out, and allowed 2 hits and 2 runs. Britton finally gave up a run, going 2.2 innings with 4 hits, 4 strikeouts, and a single run. His ERA is a nice 0.28 on the year.

Mark Trumbo was 1-for-3 with a walk and solo homer. Erick Gonzalez was 2-for-3 with 2 runs scored and a solo homer. Max Stassi was 1-for-2 with a double, RBI, and walk. Delino DeShields Jr. was 1-for-3 with a walk and run scored.

August 30th, 2018: We got tomorrow off and used it to travel to Kansas City. We'd face the Royals for three, seeing Danny Duffy (10-9, 3.14 ERA), Nathan Karns (4-10, 4.92 ERA), and Luis Edgardo Diaz (2-1, 2.94 ERA).

August 31st, 2018: We finished August by starting a series in Kauffman Stadium. Mike Wright (6-5, 3.79 ERA, 1.17 WHIP) took on Danny Duffy (10-9, 3.14 ERA, 1.21 WHIP) as we looked to finish August off strong. The Royals got 7 in the first, but we eventually battled back to win the opener 10-9.

It was a rough outing for Wright, 3 innings with 6 hits, 8 runs, 2 walks, and 3 strikeouts. Shawn Armstrong went 2.1 innings, allowing 3 hits and walking one. Nick Hagadone got the win, 1.2 innings with a walk and 3 strikeouts. Donnie Hart got a two inning save, with a hit, run, and strikeout.

Tim Beckham was 2-for-3 with a walk, 3 runs, 4 RBI's, and 2 homers. Delino DeShields was 2-for-5 with a pair of doubles, a run scored, and one driven in. Jonathan Schoop was 2-for-4 with 2 runs and a double. Lewis Brinson was 1-for-4 with a two run homer. Mark Trumbo was 1-for-3 with 2 runs, 2 RBI's, a homer, and a walk. Erick Gonzalez was 1-for-3 with a run scored, walk, and double.

September 1st, 2018: Rosters expand today, but my top four minor league teams will be playing in the playoffs, so most callups will occur later. I did recall LF Anthony Santander and RF Mike Yastrzemski.

Down in Frederick, CF Kyle Lewis won Batter of the Month and eanred a callup to AA Bowie. He hit .358 with a .422 on base perfecntage, 6 homers, and 24 RBI's. His teammate Cody Sedlock was Pitcher of the Month, going 4-0 with 23 strikeouts and a "solid 4.70 ERA." Not sure that's solid, but hey, that's what OOTP said...

Gabriel Ynoa (1-0, 4.01 ERA, 1.37 WHIP) returned to the rotation against Nathan Karns (4-10, 4.92 ERA, 1.35 WHIP) in game two of three. It wasn't pretty, and we lost 10-4.

Ynoa went 5 innings, allowing 8 hits, 5 runs, a walk, and he got just 1 strikeout. Bruce Rondon allowed 5 hits and 4 runs in 0.2 innings. Hagadone was charged with a run in 1.1 innings with a hit, walk, and 2 strikeouts.

Adam Jones went 3-for-4 with a steal and run scored. Delino DeShields was 1-for-5 with a three run homer and a stolen base. Erick Gonzalez was 2-for-4 with a double and run scored. Tim Beckham was 1-for-3 with a walk.

Tigers ace Michael Fulmer tossed a 4-hit shutout in a 4-0 win over the Yankees.

September 2nd, 2018: We looked to win the series with Aaron Sanchez (9-7, 4.48 ERA, 1.35 WHIP) taking on Ian Kennedy (5-13, 7.51 ERA, 1.69 WHIP). It took 10 innings, but we got 4 in the top half to win 6-2.

Sanchez was great, 7 innings with 3 hits, 2 runs, a walk, and 8 strikeouts. Brad Brach went 3 innings and got the win, allowing just a single walk and striking out 5 hitters. He's got a starters record, 10-5.

Tim Beckham was the hero, 1-for-5 with a three run homer in the 10th. DeShields was 2-for-4 with 2 runs, an RBI, a double, and a steal. Mark Trumbo was 2-for-5 with a run scored and driven in. Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-4 with a sacrafice fly.

We're off to Seattle for three, and we'll see Hisashi Iwakuma (8-6, 4.17 ERA), James Paxton (12-7, 4.01 ERA), and Casey Lawrence (1-3, 5.35 ERA) before a day off.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 07-01-2018, 10:30 AM   #27
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

September 3rd-September 9th

September 3rd, 2018: I claimed Will Harris off waivers from the Astros and added him to the active roster. He was 3-5 with 5 saves and a 2.62 ERA in 65.1 innings for the Stros and has a team option for 2019 valued at $5.5 million.

The Yankees will be without RF Aaron Judge for the rest of the year with a concussion. He hit .254 with 39 homers and 82 RBI's.

At 67-70, we went up one spot to 16th in the Power Rankings.

I recalled CF Anthony Alford and LHP Tanner Scott from AAA.

Carlos Rodon (0-5, 7.79 ERA, 1.90 WHIP) took on Hisashi Iwakuma (8-6, 4.17 ERA, 1.21 WHIP) to open the series at Safeco Field. The Mariners offense exploded, and they beat us 12-4.

Rodon continues his nightmarish season, allowing 7 runs in 3.2 innings with 8 hits, 4 walks, and 2 strikeouts. Mychal Givens allwoed 3 runs in 1.1 innings with 5 hits, a walk, and 2 strikeouts. Shawn Armstrong allowed 2 runs in 1.1 innings with 2 hits, a walk, and a strikeout.

Erick Gonzalez was 3-for-4 with a two run homer. Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-3 with a solo homer. Tim Beckham was 1-for-3 with a solo homer. Lewis Brinson was 2-for-4 with a run scored and steal. Adam Jones was 1-for-5 with a double and steal.

Buster Posey was 5-for-8 in a 5-4 Giants win over the Rockies.

September 4th, 2018: The first team, the Royals, were eliminated from playoff contention today. At 50-87, they are 32 games out of first place.

The middle game took place between aces Kevin Gausman (9-7, 3.74 ERA, 1.27 WHIP) and James Paxton (12-7, 4.01 ERA, 1.20 WHIP). Despite 14 Paxton strikeouts, we got 2 off the pen in the 8th to even the series with a 3-2 win.

Gausman went 7, allowing 6 hits, 2 runs, 2 walks, and he struck out 8. Donnie Hart got a hold and Britton the save. Both tossed an inning and got a strikeout. Anthony Alford was 2-for-5 with a double and run scored. Tim Beckham was 1-for-4 with a triple.

September 5th, 2018: The Marlins were elimnated form the postseason today. At 49-90, they are 29.5 games behind the first place Mets.

We looked to win the finale with Tanner Scott (1-1, 11.17 ERA, 2.17 WHIP) taking on Casey Lawrence (1-3, 5.35 ERA, 1.42 WHIP). In one previous start against the M's, Scott has a 270.00 ERA. Yikes...

He did much, much better, but we still lost 6-3.

Scott went 4, allowing 3 hits, 3 runs, 4 walks, and he struck out 6. Nick Hagadone got a strikeout and allowed 2 hits and 2 runs. Will Harris made his Orioles debut, 1.1 innings with 2 hits, a run, and strikeout.

Jonathan Schoop was 2-for-4 with a two run homer. Trey Mancini and Max Stassis were both 1-for-4 with a run scored. Lewis Brinson was 1-for-3 with a walk.

We got tomorrow off.

September 6th, 2018: With today off, we headed to Tampa for three. We'll see Kevin Gadea (2-3, 5.58 ERA), Zach Petrick (4-7, 3.69 ERA), and Ryan Yarbrough (3-5, 5.67 ERA).

September 7th, 2018: We opened the series at the Trop with Mike Wright (6-5, 4.23 ERA, 1.20 WHIP) facing Kevin Gadea (2-3, 5.58 ERA, 1.46 WHIP). The Rays took the opener 5-3.

Wright went 6, allowing 7 hits, 3 runs, a walk, and he struck out 2. Hart allowed a hit that later scored. Will Harris was charged with a run in 1 innings with 2 hits and 2 strikeouts.

Caleb Joseph was 2-for-3 with a double, run scored, and RBI. Erick Aybar was 1-for-4 with a double, steal, and run scored. Anthony Santander was 2-for-4 with a run scored. Anthony Alford was 1-for-4 with a double. Lewis Brinson was 1-for-4 with an RBI.

September 8th, 2018: The 52-88 Colorado Rockies have been eliminated from the playoffs. They sit 42.5 games behind the Dodgers.

Game two saw Aaron Sanchez (9-7, 4.37 ERA, 1.30 WHIP) take on Zach Petrick (4-7, 3.69 ERA, 1.41 WHIP). Sanchez was brilliant in a 2-0 shutout.

He went 7 innings, allowing just 2 hits, 3 walks, and he struck out 7. Brach got the hold and Britton the save. His current ERA+ is 1,838 and he's worth 2.1 WAR in 33.2 innings!

Jonathan Schoop went 2-for-3 with a double and walk. Trey Mancini went 2-for-4 with an RBI triple. Delino DeShields was 1-for-4 with a run scored, driven in, and double. Ruben Tejada was 1-for-4 with a double and run scored.

Jay Bruce hit his 300th homer in a 6-4 loss to the Phillies. Just 31, it's an impressive feat for the lefty slugger. He's hitting an impressive .279/.355/.571 this season.

September 9th, 2018: The Dodgers clinced their division today. At 96-46, they have a 20 game lead over the surprising Padres, who are an impressive 77-67.

Frederick was eliminated from the playoffs yesterday, so I'll use the off day tomorrow to make more callups.

We finished the series with Carlos Rodon (0-6, 8.69 ERA, 2.03 WHIP) taking on Ryan Yarbrough (3-5, 5.67 ERA, 1.68 WHIP). The Rays got two in the first, but that's all they'd get and we won the finale 5-2.

Rodon settled down and piched 6 solid frames, with 3 hits, 2 runs, 4 walks, and 4 strikeouts. Givens, Hart, and Rondon got holds before Britton struck out the side in the 9th to earn his 18th save.

Lewis Brinson was 2-for-4 with a solo shot. Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-4 with a two run homer. Mark Trumbo was 1-for-4 with a two run homer as well. Trey Mancini was 1-for-2 with a walk, run scored, and hit by pitch. DeShields was 1-for-3 with a run and walk.

Wellington Castillo had three homers in a 7-2 White Sox win over the Angels. He has no PED suspension in this universe.

We got tomorrow off, and I may fill my roster with callups.
Old 07-01-2018, 08:13 PM   #28
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

September 10th-September 16th

September 10th, 2018: At 70-73, we fell to 18th in the Power Rankings.

The Pittsburgh Pirates have been eliminated from the playoffs. At 57-86, they are 23 games behind the Cubs.

I used my day off to make roster callups. RHP David Hess, RHP Pedro Aruajo, and RF Austin Hays were the first round of callups. I have four guys left in AAA that will recieve a callup as soon as the 14th, when our next series starts.

Alex Bregman went 6-for-6 in a 10-3 Astros win over the Tigers. Justin Verlander won his 200th career game against his former team. Ozzie Albies was 5-for-5 in a 6-2 Braves win over the Giants. Zack Wheeler tossed a 5-hit shutout as the Mets destroyed the Marlins 11-0.

We host the A's for three, and will see Kendall Graveman (8-10, 4.84 ERA), Andrew Triggs (6-10, 4.78 ERA), and Sean Manea (6-14, 5.23 ERA).

September 11th, 2018: The Chicago White Sox were elimnated from playoff contention. At 60-85, they were 25.5 games out of first.

Our game against the A's got postponed, and we'll play a double header tomorrow.

Steven Matz tossed a 4-hit shutout in an 11-0 Mets win over the Marlins. Yes, this is a different game with basically the same result.

September 12th, 2018: I promoted Aaron Bummer from AAA to grab an extra arm.

The Red Sox will be without RHP Hector Rondon for the year and most likely next year with a torn ulnar collateral ligament. They just claimed him off waivers from Houston.

Game 1 saw Kevin Gausman (10-7, 3.69 ERA, 1.26 WHIP) take on Kendall Graveman (8-10, 4.84 ERA, 1.35 WHIP). It was a tight one, but we edged them 2-1 to open the doubleheader.

Gausman allowed an unearned run in 5 innings with 2 hits, 2 walks, and 7 strikeouts. Will Harris got the win, 1.2 innings with 2 strikeouts. Britton got the hold, allowing 2 hits in 0.2 innings before Brad Brach got a save and strikeout to end the game.

Jonathan Schoop was 2-for-4 with a solo homer. Anthony Alford was 2-for-4 with an RBI. Tim Beckham was 0-for-3, but walked and scored.

Game two saw Tanner Scott (1-2, 9.88 ERA, 2.05 WHIP) and Andrew Triggs (6-10, 4.78 ERA, 1.31 WHIP) battle. The offense came for part 2, and we won 9-2 to sweep the double header.

Lewis Brinson and Gabriel Ynoa both left with injuries. Brinson is pending, with Ynoa just minor wrist soreness.

Scott went 5, allowing 2 hits, 2 runs, 6 walks, and he struck out 3. Shawn Armstrong did get a hold, 1.1 innings with 2 walks and 2 strikeouts.

Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-3 with a solo homer and sac-fly. Caleb Joseph was 1-for-4 with a two run homer. Austin Hays was 1-for-4 with a double and run scored. Craig Gentry, who replaced Brinson, was 2-for-4 with 2 RBI's and a double. Anthony Alofrd was 1-for-5 with 3 runs and 2 steals. Tim Beckham was 2-for-4 with an RBI double.

September 13th, 2018: Lewis Brinson tore his hip flexor tendon, and will be placed on the 60-Day DL. He'll miss at least 5-6 weeks.

I used David Hess (0-1, 2.31 ERA, 1.20 WHIP) for a spot start against Colin McHugh (9-1, 2.85 ERA, 1.20 WHIP). We couldn't finish the sweep, and we lost 6-1 in the finale.

Hess went 4.1 innings, allowing 8 hits, 5 runs, and he struck out 4. Ynoa went 3 innings with 2 hits, a run, and 3 strikeouts. Nick Hagadone tossed the final 1.2 innings, walking 1 and striking out 2.

Trey Mancini was 2-for-4 with a double. Anthony Santander was 1-for-3 with a walk and double. Erick Gonzalez was 1-for-3 with a run scored and triple. Tim Beckham was 2-for-4.

We've got three more at home against the White Sox against former Oriole Chris Tillman (5-17, 7.21 ERA), Lucas Giolito (3-3, 3.98 ERA), and Hector Santiago (6-9, 4.36 ERA).

September 14th, 2018: I finished my callups, recalling Nestor Cortes, Richard Bleier, Miguel Castro, and Chance Sisco. I also purchased the contract of LF D.J. Stewar, LHP Chris Lee, and RHP Ryan Meisinger.

We opened the series against the Chi Sox with Aaron Sanchez (10-7, 4.15 ERA, 1.27 WHIP) taking on Chris Tillman (5-17, 7.21 ERA, 1.72 WHIP). Tillman got his revenge, and we fell 8-1.

Sanchez had a rough outing, 1.2 innings with 7 hits, 5 runs, a walk, and 2 strikeouts. Former White Sock Bruce Rondon went 3.1 innings with just a wal kand 2 strikeouts. Mychal Givens went 1.2 innings with 3 hits, 3 runs, and 2 strikeouts. Nick Hagadone struck out all 5 batters he faced.

Anthony Santander was 1-for-3 with a double. Max Stassi was 1-for-3 with a run scored.

September 15th, 2018: Former White Sox lefty Carlos Rodon (1-6, 7.92 ERA, 1.92 WHIP) took on Lucas Giolito (3-3, 3.98 ERA, 1.29 WHIP). It was a close one, but we dropped game two 4-3 and will look to avoid the sweep tomorrow...

Rodon went 3.2 innings with 5 hits, 3 runs, 2 walks, and 4 strikeouts. Chris Lee got the loss in his big league debut, 3.1 innings with a run, hit, 2 walks, and 2 strikeouts.

Chance Sisco made his season debut, and went 2-for-3 with 2 RBI's and a double. Austin Hays was 2-for-4 with a run scored. Jonatah Schoop was 1-for-4 with a double and RBI. Delino DeShileds Jr. was 1-for-4 with a run scored. Tim Beckham was 1-for-3 with a run scored, walk, and steal.

September 16th, 2018: Mike Wright (6-6, 4.24 ERA, 1.21 WHIP) took on Hector Santiago (6-9, 4.36 ERA, 1.37 WHIP) as we looked to avoid the sweep. We couldn't, and we lost 4-2.

Wright went 6 innings with 8 hits, 2 runs, and 7 strikeouts. Will Harris got the loss, 0.2 innings with 2 hits, 2 runs, 2 walks, and 1 strikeout. Shawn Armstrong struck out the side in the 9th.

AustiN Hays was 2-for-3 with a triple, run scored, and walk. Erick Aybar was 2-for-4 with an RBI.

Well, we got swept by one of the worst teams in baseball at home...

Toronto comes to town, and we'll see Marco Estrada (10-10, 4.74 ERA), Marcus Stroman (9-7, 4.28 ERA), and Joe Biagni (1-1, 4.80 ERA). The season is winding down, so we just got to make the best of it.
Old 07-02-2018, 05:57 PM   #29
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

September 17th-September 23rd

September 17th, 2018: At 72-77, we dropped down to 22nd in the Power Rankings.

We opened the series hosting the Blue Jays. Kevin Gausman (10-7, 3.58 ERA, 1.25 WHIP) battled Marco Estrada (10-10, 4.74 ERA, 1.32 WHIP) as we looked to start out strong. It was a close one, but we won the opener 6-4.

Gausman went 5.2 innings with 4 hits, 2 runs, a walk, and 7 strikeouts. Mychal Givens, Will Harris, and Pedro Araujo earned holds while Zach Britton got the save. Harris pitched the 7th, allowing a hit, run, and getting a strikeout. Donnie Hart didn't get an out, walking the only batter he faced, who later scored.

Tim Beckham was 1-for-4 with a three run homer. Trey Mancini, Jonathan Schoop, and Anthony Santander were all 1-for-4 with solo homers. Anthony Alford was 2-for-3 with a walk and run scored. Ruben Tejada was 1-for-3 with a run scored.

September 18th, 2018: The Giants have been eliminated from the playoffs. At 68-84, they are 33 games behind the Dodgers.

Game two saw Tanner Scott (2-2, 8.20 ERA, 1.93 WHIP) face Marcus Stroman (9-7, 4.28 ERA, 1.30 WHIP). We had trouble crossing the plate, and were shutout 3-0.

Scott allowed 3 (1 earned) in 5 innings with 6 hits and 4 strikeouts. Pedro Aruajo struck out 3 in 1.1 innings with 2 hits.

Erick Gonzalez was 1-for-4 with a triple. Anthony Alford was 2-for-4. Adam Jones was 1-for-3 with a walk.

September 19th, 2018: The rubber match took place between fromer Blue Jay Aaron Sanchez (10-8, 4.42 ERA, 1.32 WHIP) and his former teammate Joe Biagini (1-1, 4.80 ERA, 1.50 WHIP). We got 4 in the 2nd and 4 in the 5th to take the finale 8-6.

Sanchez pitched well, 5.2 innings with 4 hits, 2 runs, 3 walks, and 7 strikeouts. Gabriel Ynoa was charged with a solo homer in 1.1 innings. David Hess allowed 3 (1 earned) in 0.2 innings with 3 hits and a strikeouts. Brad Brach got a hold before Zach Britton tossed another scorless 9th for his 20th save.

Austin Hays was a perfect 4-for-4 with 2 doubles, a run, and 2 RBI's. Erick Gonzalez was 2-for-4 with a three run homer and a double. D.J. Stewart got his first career hit, a solo homer in the 2nd, and was 1-for-4. Trey Mancini was 1-for-4 with a run scored and RBI.

Astros 3B Yulieski Gurriel hit 3 homers in an 8-7 win over the Mariners.

September 20th, 2018: Washington will be wihout their closer Sean Doolittle for the rest of the year with bone chips in his elbow, but should be ready fro next season. He had 27 saves and a 3.38 ERA with 74 strikeouts in 61.1 innings.

The Asros clinched the AL West today. At 91-61, the defending champs have a 11 game lead over the Mariners.

We got today off before heading to New York. We'd face the Yankees for three, and would see Sonny Gray (8-10, 3.49 ERA), Luis Servino (11-8, 3.33 ERA), and Mashiaro Tanaka (!2-7, 4.66 ERA).

September 21st, 2018: We opened the series in the Bronx with Sonny Gray (8-10, 3.49 ERA, 1.23 WHIP) taking on Carlos Rodon (1-6, 7.88 ERA, 1.92 WHIP). He's due for a good start, right? Nah, he'd rather pitch poor and lose 5-2.

All five runs were charged to him in 4 innings with 7 hits and a strikeout. Chris Lee tossed 3 scorless mop up innings with 4 hits, 2 walks, and a strikeout.

Adam Jones was the offense, 1-for-4 with a two run homer. Anthony Alord was 1-for-3 with a walk and run scored.

September 22nd, 2018: The Cleveland Indians have clinched a playoff birth. At 90-63, they have just a 1.5 game lead over the Twins, but have enough of a lead on the Wild Card to be guaranteed a spot in the postseason.

Game two saw Mike Wright (6-6, 4.19 ERA, 1.21 WHIP) and Luis Severino (11-8, 3.33 ERA, 1.04 WHIP). We allowed 5 in the 6th and dropped the middle game 9-1.

Wright allowed 6 runs in 5.1 innings with 6 hits, 4 walks, and a strikeout. Mychal Givens went 1.2 innings with 4 hits,3 runs, and a strikeout.

Tim Beckham was 2-for-4 with an RBI double. He drove in Anthony Santander, who was 2-for-3 with a hit by pitch. Max Stassi was 1-for-3 with a walk.

Rays RF Jake Bauers was 5-for-5 in a 9-6 loss to the Blue Jays.

September 23rd, 2018: The 72-82 Rays were elimnated from the playoffs, which means our elimination is not too far away. They're 15.5 games out of first, we are 13.5 out...

The Minnesota Twins clinched a playoff spot today. At 90-65, they are just half a game behind the Indians.

More playoff news for the AL, the Oakland Athletics have been eliminated. At 73-82, they are 20.5 games out of first.

We looked to avoid a sweep with Kevin Gausman (11-7, 3.57 ERA, 1.23 WHIP) taking on Mashiaro Tanaka (12-7, 4.66 ERA, 1.21 WHIP). It took 10 innings, but Brett Garnder hit a walk off single off Pedro Araujo and the Yanks finished the sweep with a 4-3 win.

Gausman went 6 innings, allowing 6 hits, 2 runs, and he struck out 7. Aaron Bummer blew the save, allowing a solo homer to the only batter he faced. Zach Britton got the loss, going 1.2 innings with 2 hits, a run, and a strikeout, and his ERA more then doubled to 0.45.

Tim Beckham was 2-for-4 with a walk and pair of solo homers. Anthony Alford was 4-for-5 with a double. Anthony Santander had a pinch hit solo homer in the 8th.

We continue a tough road trip and head to Boston to face the first place Red Sox. We'll see Rick Porcello (9-8, 4.79 ERA), Chris Sale (17-4, 3.01 ERA), and Drew Pomeranz (4-12, 6.30 ERA) in the final road series of the year.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:42 PM   #30
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

September 24th-September 30th

September 24th, 2018: At 74-81, we are ranked 26th in the Power Rankings. Guess who is 30th? Of course, the Marlins!

We were also eliminated from the playoffs, but I expected that to come maybe a month later.

We opened our final road series against the Red Sox with Tanner Scott (2-3, 6.85 ERA, 1.77 WHIP) facing Rick Porcello (9-8, 4,79 ERA, 1.23 WHIP). The bats came to play, and we crushed the Sox 11-1.

Scott went 5 innings, allowing 4 hits, a run, 5 walks, and he struck out 3. David Hess tossed 3.1 innings with 2 hits, 2 walks, and 3 strikeouts.

Mike Yastrzemski was 3-for-4 with 2 runs, 3 RBI's, a double, and a homer. Jonathan Schoop was 3-for-5 with two doubles. Mark Trumbo was 2-for-5 with a solo homer and 2 runs. Trey Mancini was 1-for-3 with a run scored, 3 RBI's, 2 walks, and a triple. Max Stassi was 1-for-4 with 2 runs, a solo homer, and a walk. D.J. Stewart was 2-for-5 with a run scored and RBI.

Lorenzo Cain was 5-for-5 and hit for the cycle in a 10-7 Brewers win over the Cardinals.

September 25th, 2018: Dylan Bundy suffered a setback, and will miss 3 more months.

The Chicago Cubs have clinched a playoff berth. At 89-67, they have a 4.5 game lead over the Brewers.

We continued the series with Aaron Sanchez (11-8, 4.38 ERA, 1.31 WHIP) battling Chris Sale (17-4, 3.01 ERA, 0.92 WHIP). We got 5 in the first, but it wasn't enough and we lost 6-5.

Sanchez went 2.2 innings with 5 hits, 3 runs, a walk, and a strikeout. Nestor Cortes went 2.1 innings with 2 hits and 4 strikeouts. Mychal Givens, Will Harris, and Donnie Hart got holds. Harris allowed 2 runs in 0.1 innings with a strikeout. Aaron Bummer got the loss, allowing a walk off homer to Mitch Moreland.

Austin Hays was 2-for-3 with a walk, double, run scored, and RBI. Tim Beckham was 1-for-4 with a three run homer. D.J. Stewart was 1-for-4 with a run scored and RBI.

Royals C Salvador Perez was 5-for-5 in a 9-0 Royals win over the Reds.

September 26th, 2018: The Red Sox clinched a playoff spot today. At 89-69, they have a 4.5 game lead over the Yankees.

The finale saw Carlos Rodon (1-7, 8.13 ERA, 1.90 WHIP) take on Drew Pomeranz (4-12, 6.30 ERA, 1.47 WHIP). It was another close one, but we were topped 4-2.

Rodon went 5, allowing 4 (2 earned), with 6 hits, a walk, and 5 strikeouts. The rest of the pen tossed 3 innings with 4 hits, a walk, and a strikeout.

Tim Beckham was 2-for-3 with a walk. Erick Gonzalez was 1-for-3 with a solo homer. D.J. Stewart was 1-for-4 with a solo homer. Trey Mancini was 1-for-4 with a double.

We end the year with four games against the Astros at home. We'll see Dallas Keuchel (11-6, 3.97 ERA), Charlie Morton (3-5, 4.13 ERA), Lance McCullers Jr. (10-8, 4.16 ERA), and Brad Peacock (11-3, 3.90 ERA).

September 27th, 2018: As the Brewers fight for a playoff spot, they'll have to do it without Christian Yelich, who has a severe hip strain. He was hitting .337/.414/.579 with 35 homers and 121 RBI's in his first season with the Brew Crew.

Boston will be without RHP Carson Smith for the rest of this year and part of next year with radial nevre decompression surgery in his elbow. He was 3-3 with 5 saves and a 3.98 ERA in 52 innings.

Good news for Boston, they clinched the division.

The Mets clinched a playoff spot. At 89-69, they have a 3 game lead over the Braves.

We started the final season of the year with Mike Wright (6-7, 4.39 ERA, 1.23 WHIP) taking on Dallas Keuchel (11-6, 3.97 ERA, 1.23 WHIP). We edged them 5-4 to take the opener.

Tim Beckham left the game with an injury...

Wright went 5, allowing 7 hits, 4 runs, and he struck out 3. Will Harris got the win, 0.2 innings with a hit, walk, and strikeout. Brad Brach got a hold and Shawn Armstrong a save. Britton struggled, allowing a hit and 2 walks before leaving the game in favor of Armstrong, who tip toed out of the bases loaded no outs jam.

Jonathan Schoop was 2-for-3 with a double, 2 RBI's, and a walk. D.J. Stewart was 1-for-3 with a walk and steal. Trey Mancini was 2-for-4 with an RBI. Delino DeShields Jr. was 1-for-4 with a walk, run scored, and 2 RBI's. Erick Gonzalez was 1-for-3 with a run and walk.

September 28th, 2018: The Indians, Mets, and Cubs all won their perspective divisions.

Game 160 saw Kevin Gausman (11-7, 3.55 ERA, 1.23 WHIP) face Charlie Morton (3-5, 4.13 ERA, 1.45 WHIP). We really put a beating down, recording 16 hits to win 13-6.

Gausman had a rough outing to end his season, 4.2 innings with 6 hits, 4 runs, 2 walks, and 3 strikeouts. Gabriel Ynoa got the win, 3.1 innings with a hit, 2 runs, 3 walks, and 3 strikeouts.

Adam Jones was 2-for-5 with a homer, 2 runs, and 3 RBI's. Anthony Santander was 3-for-5 with 2 runs, 2 RBI's, a double, and steal. Trey Mancini was 3-for-4 with a double, 3 runs, an RBI, and a walk. Erick Gonzalez was 1-for-3 with a run scored, a double, 3 RBI's, and a walk. All players with an at bat got a hit.

Rockies LF Ramiel Tapia hit for the cycle in an 11-4 win over the Nationals. Rangers SS Elvis Andrus was 5-for-5 in a 6-4 win over the Mariners.

September 29th, 2018: Michael Baumann was named South Atlantic Pitcher of the Year. He was 12-4 with a 2.77 ERA in 27 starts with 132 strikeouts in 149.1 innings.

The Braves and Brewers clinched wild card spots while the Phillies were eliminated. The NL is set, with four teams in the AL fighting for one wild card spots.

Tanner Scott (3-3, 5.97 ERA, 1.78 WHIP) took on Brad Peacock (11-3, 3.90 ERA, 1.39 WHIP) in game three of four. We kept rolling, and beat Houston 3-1.

Scott pitched well, 5.1 scorless innings with 4 hits, 3 walks, and 5 strikeouts. Pedro Araujo, Will Harris, and Donnie Hart earned holds before Zach Britton tossed a perfect 9th for his 21st save. Harris allowed a run off a hit with 2 strikeouts.

Jonathan Schoop was 2-for-3 and Trey Mancini was 1-for-3 and went back-to-back in the first. Schoop also doubled. Chance Sisco was 1-for-3 with a double and run scored. D.J. Stewart was 1-for-3 wtih a walk.

September 30th, 2018: Tim Beckham tore an ankle ligament and will miss 4 weeks, but it really wasn't worth putting him on the DL...

The Blue Jays and Rangers were both eliminated from the playoffs, leaving Seattle and New York fighting for the final spot. The Yanks hold a 1 game lead.

We finished the year looking for a four game sweep with Aaron Sanchez (11-8, 4.48 ERA, 1.33 WHIP) taking on Gerrit Cole (10-10, 4.72 ERA, 1.13 WHIP). 23 runs were scored, but we won the finale 12-11 to finish a relatively impressive 79-83. We might not be too far from the playoffs!

Sanchez struggled, 1.1 innings with 4 hits, 4 runs (3 earned), 2 walks, and 2 strikeouts. David Hess allowed 3 in 2.2 innings with 4 hits, a walk, and a stirkoeut. Chris Lee, Mychal Givens, Pedro Araujo, and Donnie Hart got holds before Brad Brach blew the save. Harris allowed 2 off 2 hits while getting just 1 out. Hart also got one out, allowing a hit and run. Brach went 0.2 innings, with a hit, run, walk, and strikeout, and finished theyear 11-5. Britton tossed a perfect 9th to earn the save, finishing his season with a 0.43 ERA (2 runs in 42 innings) which is good for a 1,153 ERA+. This is officially the best single season ERA for any pitcher with a 40 or more innings, breaking his own record of 0.54.

Trey Mancini was 2-for-5 with 2 runs, 3 RBI's, a double, and homer. Anthony Alford was 1-for-3 with 2 runs, 2 RBI's, a walk, sac-fly, and homer. Jonathan Schoop was 3-for-4 with a walk, run, and double. Austin Hays was 1-for-4 with a two run double. D.J. Stewart was 2-for-5 with 2 runs and a triple. All starters got hits today to end the season.

Jose Ramirez will end 2018 with a 20 game hit streak.

Honestly, I'm impressed with our performance, and it brings optimism for next season. Granted, out pythagorean was 70-92, so we could just be extra lucky, but it's not like we were great in one run games (24-20).

Anyways, next is the 2018 playoffs!
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 07-03-2018, 11:40 PM   #31
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

Playoffs

Here's a brief overview of the 2018 playoffs:

AL Represenatives:
Cleveland Indians (97-65)
Houston Astros (95-67)
Boston Red Sox (92-70)

Minnesota Twins (92-70)
New York Yankees (87-75)

NL Representatives:
Los Angeles Dodgers (109-53)
New York Mets (93-69)
Chicago Cubs (93-69)

Milwaukee Brewers (88-74)
Atlanta Braves (87-75)

Wild Card Games:
Brewers defeat the Braves
Yankees defeat the Twins

Divisional Series:
Indians defeat the Yankees 3-1
Red Sox defeat the Astros 3-1

Dodgers defeat the Brewers 3-1
Mets defeat the Cubs 3-1

Championship Series
Dodgers defeat the Mets 4-3
Red Sox defeat the Indians 4-2

World Series
Dodgers defeat the Red Sox 4-2

The Dodgers are the 2018 World Series Champions! They avenge themselves after last year's blunder!

We'll start the offseason next!
Old 07-04-2018, 03:02 PM   #32
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

Awards, Arbitration, and Pre-Free Agency

November 1st, 2018: My first offseason with Baltimore starts today, as I embark on most likely, major moves. I started by voiding Will Harris' option, and then I re-signed him for much less.

The Royals fired Ned Yost, the Pirates fired Clint Hurdle, and the Rockies fired GM Jeff Bridich. Buck Showalter retired, so I needed to find a new manager.

Arbitration offers:
SP Dylan Bundy (1-year, $1,880,000)
SP Kevin Gausman (1-year, $6,470,000)
SP Carlos Rodon (1-year, $2,530,000)
SP Enny Romero (Non-tendered)
SP Aaron Sanchez (1-year, $7,250,000)
RP Mychal Givens (Wouldn't accept an extention, will head to arbitration)
RP Nick Hagadone (1-year, $980,000)
RP Bruce Rondon (1-year, $1,180,000)
C Caleb Joseph (Designated for assignment and non-tendered)
2B Jonathan Schoop (1-year, $9,610,000)
3B Tim Beckham (1-year, $3,644,000)
LF Delino DeShields Jr. (1-year, $876,000)
LF Gorkys Hernandez (Non-tendered)

I offered Brad Brach a qualifying offer.

I needed to make up three more open spots on the 40, so I DFA'd Ruben Tejada, Mike Yastrzemski, and Craig Gentry and activated Bundy, Andrew Cashner, and Alex Cobb.

November 3rd, 2018: The Angels claimed Gentry, Tejada, and Joseph, and the Tigers claimed Yastrzemski. I'm extremely shocked, considering all four are 1* or lower. Joseph is the only one I can understand, since he's a catcher who plays good defense.

November 4th, 2018: I got a steal of a trade, sending Mike Wright to the Cardinals for RHP Lucas Sims. He's rated a 2/3as a SP and is just 24-years old. He's got plus-plus stuff with an elite fastball and he hits 93-95 with a plus-plus fastball.

November 6th, 2018: The Royals traded RHP Brandon Maurer and LF P.J. Hilson to the Diamondbacks for SS Devin Marrero. It's a steal for Arizona.

I claimed Jose Torres off waivers, but I want to sneak him back through.

November 7th, 2018: I signed Manager Joe Girardi to a 4-year, $1,504,000 per year contract to replace the retired Buck Showalter. He's a career 988-794 with 4 playoff appearences and a winning record in every season except 2006.

November 8th, 2018: I designated Nick Hagadone for assignment to make room for Torres, who didn't clear. I placed him on revocable, to be safe, since I didn't have to DFA him.

November 9th, 2018: Twins CL Trevor Hildenberger and Dodgers CL Kenley Jansen won reliever of the Year. Britton got just one vote...

November 10th, 2018: he Rangers traded RHP Keone Kela to the Cubs for RF Nelson Velasquez and LHP Brailyn Mendez. It's a decent trade for both teams.

November 11th, 2018: The Cardinals claimed Nick Hagadone off waivers.

Angels SP/RF Shoehi Ohtani and Rockies 1B Ryan McMahon won Rookie of the Year.

The Blue Jays traded C Reese McGuire to the Reds for RHP Robert Stephenson. It's an even enough deal.

The Athletics traded RHP Andrew Triggs to the Padres for 2B Carlo Asuaje. I like this deal a lot for the Padres.

November 12th, 2018: Astros manager A.J. Hinch and Dodgers manager Dave Roberts won Manager of the Year.

The Dodgers then traded LF Khris Davis and RHP Dennis Santana to the Piates for RHP Nick Burdi and LF Brennen Davis. I really like this deal for the Dodgres, but it's not a bad trade for the Pirates.

November 13th, 2018: Yankees SP Luis Severino and Mets SP Noah Syndergaard were named Cy Young winners.

November 14th, 2018: Blue Jays 3B Josh Donaldson and Dodgres 1B Cody Bellinger were named MVP. In real life, I'd doubt either guy even gets a vote.

November 22nd, 2018: Brad Brach accepted the qualifying offer... So I put him on the Trade Block...

We beat Mychal Givens in arbitration, and he was given a $900,000 contract instead of the $1,425,000 he asked for.

Free Agents file tomorrow!
Old 07-04-2018, 10:24 PM   #33
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

Free Agency Pt. 1

November 23rd, 2018: Free Agents file today, and here is who OSA thinks is the best in no perticular odrer:

3B Josh Donaldson
LHP Dalls Keuchel
RF Bryce Harper
LHP Clayton Kershaw
1B Daniel Murphey
CF Charlie Blackmon
LHP Andrew Miller
3B Adrian Beltre
2B Brian Dozier
C Jonathan Lucroy

I have a little more then $14 million to spend on contracts for this season, which is more then I've ever had to spend with the Marlins. My plan is to spend a little on a lot of players.

November 25th, 2018: The Mets acquired 2B Jurickson Profar from the Rangers for SS Ronny Mauricio. It's an absolute steal for the Mets, considering in this game, Mauricio is a 0.5 star.

November 27th, 2018: I locked up superstar lefty Zach Britton to a 4-year, $15 million per year deal. This year was amazing for Brit, allowing just 2 runs in 42 innings with 22 saves, a 0.43 ERA, 0.81 WHIP, and 63 strikeouts.

November 28th, 2018: The Nationals acquired C John Hicks from the Tigers for 2B Matt W. Reynolds. I guess it's an even deal, although neither player is that good.

November 29th, 2018: The Rays traded LF Tommy Pham to the Indians for RHP's Landon Marceaux and Luis Dorantes, as well as C Micael Ramirez. Basically, the Rays got three below average prospecs for a solid big leauger.

December 1st, 2018: Here's an interesting one, long time Dodger Clayton Kershaw signed a 7-year, $216,200,000 contract with the Minneosta Twins. The final season, 2025, is a 180 inning pitched vesting optoin. "Kid K" is a career 153-69 with a 2.45 ERA and 1.00 WHIP with 2,306 strikeouts.

More signings will follow, including the Astros signing C Jonathan Lucroy to a 5-year, $27 million per year deal. He's a career .284/.345/.439 hitter with 11 homers and 516 RBI's with the Brewers, Rangers, Rockies, A's, and Red Sox.

Boston signed LHP Dallas Keuchel to a 4-year, $24.6 million per year deal. The longtime Astro is a career 75-58 with a 3.71 ERA and 1.24 WHIP in 1,126.2 innings. He won the Cy Young award in a dominant 2015 season where he was 20-8 with a 2.48 ERA and 1.02 WHIP.

The last big signing is the Yankees agreeing to a 4-year, $65.1 million contract with CF A.J. Pollock. The former Diamondback is a career .289/.350/.473 hitter who is coming of one of the best seasons of his career, hitting .296/.370/.501 season with 26 homers, 81 RBI's, and 30 steals. He was worth 5.5 wins above replacement as well.

They then acquired LHP Kevin Chapman and RHP Victor Munoz, as well as cash considerations, from the Rays for RF Eduardo Diaz and C Dominic Mirogilo. It's a nice deal for Arizona.

December 2nd, 2018: The Cardinals sent RHP Alvaro Seijas to the Pirates for RHP George Kontos. It's a nice deal for the Pirates.

December 3rd, 2018: I made a minor deal, sending Hunter Harvey to the White Sox for RF Luis Gonzalez. I wasn't willing to protect Harvey, and he might have been selected in the Rule-5 Draft.

Gonzalez, 23, is a lefty outfielder who's a plus defener out in right with great defensive abilities. He's got excellent speed and makes a lot of contact, but is more of a singles hitter. He's got 2.5 potential and was a 3rd Round selection by the Sox in 2017.

December 4th, 2018: Busy day, as three big free agents signed as well as an extension:

The Blue Jays signed CF Charlie Blackmon to a 5-year, $16.4 million per year deal. The former Rockie is a career .305/.361/.495 hitter with 137 homers and 433 RBI's, as well as 126 stolen bases.

The Dodgers signed 2B Brian Dozier to a 5-year, $17,920,000 per year contract. The long time Twin is a career .256/.333/.464 hitter with 187 homers and 579 RBI's. Last year, he hit .288/.364/.528 with 36 homers and a league leading 140 RBI's.

The Cardinals signed former Oriole SS/3B Manny Machado to a 4-year, $98 million contract. "Mr. Miami" is a career .279/.329/.476 hitter with 173 homers and 512 RBI's. This year he hit almost that same split, .276/.329/.476 with 35 homers and 106 RBI's with the Orioles and Blue Jays.

The Red Sox extended ace Chris Sale to a 6-year, $232,000,000 extension. This deal will be in effect starting in 2020, and he can opt out after 2022. "The Condor" is one of the best lefties in the league, and has a career 3.02 ERA and 1.04 WHIP with 1,768 strikeouts in 1,520.1 innings.

December 6th, 2018: It's not a big deal, but I freed up a 40-Man spot and sent Bruce Rondon to the Yankees for 3B Nate Coronado. Coronado isn't really that good, but I don't have the best infield depth.

December 8th, 2018: I added to the big league roster today, signign SS Jose Iglesias to a 1-year, $1,100,000 contract. A quality defender at short, he's a career .270/.314/.357 hitter with both Boston and Detroit. He's in line to be the Opening Day shortstop.

I also added LF Michael A. Taylor to a 1-year, $1 million contrat. The speedy 27-year-old can man all three outfield spots and he offers a ltitle with the bat. 2018 was a down year, but in 2017 he hit .271/.320/.486 with 19 homers, 53 RBI's, and 14 steals in 399 at bats.s

The Rangers signed C Yasmani Grandal to a 2-year, $11.4 million per year contract. The switch hitting Cuban native is a career .243/.338/.442 hitter with 112 homers and 352 RBI's, although 2018 was his best season, hitting .260/.333/.472 with 23 homers and 81 RBI's.

With the acquisition of Blackmon, the Blue Jays moved CF Kevin Pillar to the Athletics for RF Stephen Piscotty. I like this deal for Oakland.

December 9th, 2018: I submitted my Hall of Fame ballot today. Here's the guys that made the cut:

LF Barry Bonds
SP Roy Halladay
1B Todd Helton
CF Andruw Jones
3B Edgar Martinez
SP Mike Mussina
CF Juan Pierre
CL Mariano Rivera
SS Omar Visquel
CL Billy Wagner

December 10th, 2018: The Winter Meetings start today!

The Blue Jays kicked off the meetings announcing the signign of 3B Adrian Beltre to a 2-year, $48 millon contract. The 39-year-old has played since 1998, and is a career .287/.341/.480 hitter with 483 homers and 1,735 RBI's. He's thier Josh Donaldson replacement.

The Dodgers signed SP Charlie Morton to a 3-year, $22.8 million contract. "Ground Chuck" is 63-84 with a 4.42 ERA and 1.41 WHIP in his 11 year career.

The Mets acquired RHP Yusemerio Petit and LHP John Rooney from the Athletics for LF Ranfy Adon (not a typo for Randy) and RHP Bryce Hutchison. It's a good deal for the Mets.

The Blue Jays acquired former draftee RHP Anthony DeSclafani and LHP Jacob Heatherly from the Reds for RHP's Nate Pearson and Graham Spraker. It's a good deal for the Jays, althoug I definitely think Pearson is underrated.

I made a deal of my own, sending Dylan Bundy to the Rays for 2B Brandon Lowe and 3B Angel Francisco Lopez.

Lowe is the headliner, a 1.5/3.5 who I had to protect from the Rule-5 draft. He just has experience at second, but I'll likely move him around the diamond either in the spring or minors. He's a plus defender with a solid bat and plus eye. The 24-year-old looks to be the heir to Jonathan Schoop.

Lopez, 19, is rated at 2.5 potential and is still developing defensively. He's got decent foot speed and nice pop, but of course, the teenager is very raw.

December 11th, 2018: I signed SP Erasmo Ramirez to a $800,000 contract. Coming off a rough season with Seattle, Ramirez is a career 35-49 pitcher with a 4.71 ERA and 1.30 WHIP in 209 appearences (109 starts). He's got pinpoint control and is rated a 2/2.5.

The Nationals signed RHP Jeurys Familia to a 1-year, $5.7 million contract. He has 109 career saves with a 2.66 ERA with the Mets.

The Braves signed Trevor Rosenthal to a 1-year, $6.9 million contract as he looks to rebiuld his valule. Having not pitched since 2017, Roesnthal was a once dominant closer with the Cardinals.

The Cardinals acquired LHP Blaine Hardy and RHP Alex Faedo from the Tigers for RF Jose Adolis Garcia. I like this deal for the Cardinals.

The Yankees traded CF Keon Broxton to the Royals for RHP Nathan Karns, RHP Yerelmy Garcia, and SS Nander De Sedas. It actualyly looks like a good deal for Kansas City, but I'm not buying De Sedas' 1* potential rating.

Lastly, the Rays acquired RHP Reid Redman and RHP Grant Holmes from the A's for 1B Jack Yalowitz. I like this deal for the Rays.

December 12th, 2018: The Nationals signed LF Michael Brantley to a 5-year, $53.5 million contract. The former Indian is definitley talented, but can "Dr. Smooth" remain healthy? He's a career .294/.349/.424 hitter with 75 homers and 492 RBI's, but hasn't topped 400 at bats in the past three seasons.

Next comes four trades, starting with the Marlins shipping RHP Drew Steckenrider to the Indians for 3B Nolan Jones and RHP Brandon McCabe. It looks like a steal for the Indians.

The Rockies sent LHP Tyler Anderson to the Blue Jays for C Danny Jansen. I like this deal for both teams, but I think Jansen will do great as a Rockie.

The Pirates sent C Francisco Cervelli to the Pirates for RHP Cole Ayers, 2B Mike Osinski, and C Gamaliel Gonzalez. It's a nice haul for the Pirates.

The Braves sent RHP Aaron Balir, 3B Johan Camargo, and cash considerations for the Angels for 2B Kaleb Cowart. It's a really good deal for the Angels.

December 13th, 2018: The Winter Meetings end today!

The Indians acquired RHP Liam Hendricks from Oakland for SS Willi Castro. It's a pretty good deal for both teams.

December 14th, 2018: The Braves signed RHP David Robertson to a 3-year, $44.6 million contract. He has 132 career saves with a 2.93 ERA and 1.16 WHIP in 653.2 innings.

December 15th, 2018: I purchased the contract of Ryan Burr in preperation for the Rule-5 Draft.

The Angles selected CF Jacob Hannemann from my organization. I didn't make a selection.

December 19th, 2018: I signed 2B Yolmer Sanchez to a 1-year, $1,000,000 contract. I have a trade pending from yesterday, so he will remained DFA'd. He can play all around the infield, is a good base runner, and has a decent bat. The switch hitter is rated a 1.5/2 and is a career .249/.296/.375 hitter with the White Sox.

December 20th, 2018: I traded RHP's Will Harris and David Hess to the Blue Jays for LHP Ryan Borucki, SS Logan Warmouth, and CF Alberto Rodriguez.

Borucki, 24, is rated a 1.5 potential as a SP, and will probably end up in the pen, but has three solid pitches. He doesn't throw too fast, but he keeps the ball on the ground.

Warmoth, 23, was their 1st Round pick last year, and the prize of the haul. He's a 1.5/3 who's a top quality defender at either middle infield spot. He's got great speed, a great eye, and makes a lot of contact. He doesn't hit many homers, or really any at all, but he rarely strikes out.

Rodriguez, 18, is a raw prospect, who will hit a lot of homers with his fair share of strikeouts. He's best suited for CF now, but may end up shifting to left. He's got solid speed and range, but he's a long way away in developmental terms.

This makes room for Sanchez on the active roster.

December 23rd, 2018: The Reds traded LF Adam Duvall to the Yankees for LHP Jordan Montgomery. It's a good deal for the Yanks, since Monty isn't a stud in this universe.

December 24th, 2018: I signed a pair of relievers today. First was LHP Boone Logan, who agreed to a $1 million contract. He had a rough 2018, but has three plus or better pitches, and plus-plus overall stuff. He's rated a 2.5, and gives me a dependable lefty out of the pen.

I also signed RHP Kelvin Herrera to a 2-year, $4 million per year deal. The 28-year-old is rated a 3*, and has 62 saves and a 2.94 ERA in 483 career innings.

I designated Andrew Cashner for assignment, and added both new signings to the 40.

December 25th, 2018: The Blue Jays acwuired RHP's Collin McHugh and Dakota Chalmers from Oakland for RHP's Jonathan Stiever and Patrick Murphy. It's an even deal.

December 26th, 2018: The Yankees signed big international free agent Hidetsgu "Road Runner" Naksone to a 7-year, $11.9 million per year contract. The 30-year-old from the Nippon Baseball League has a devestating change up that is a perfect compliment to a plus slider. He's a control artist who throws about 91-93 with his fastball.

December 28th, 2018: I made a big deal with the Dodgers, sending LHP Tanner Scott, LF Anthony Santander, and 2B Mason McCoy in exchange for C Will D. Smith, LF Brennen Davis, and SS Gavin Lux.

Smith, 23, is the gem, a 3.5 potential catcher who's an elite defender with a respectable bat. He's got decent speed and can play a little bit of infield as well. He's got solid pop and a good eye, and has great big league upside.

Davis, 19, is rated 4* potential in LF and has plus-plus power with plus contact ability and a great arm. I'm teaching him center now, but the spot he likely ends up in is right field. He's got a lot of developing left, but he's got exterme upside.

Last is the fleet-footed Lux who's rated a 3.5 potential at shortstop. He's a solid defender who may be better suited for second or third, but he's got a great eye and makes solid contact. He's got a little pop, but hits a lot of balls on the infield dirt.

The Angels signed LHP J.A. Happ to a 3-year, $43.8 million contract. He's a career 104-83 with a 3.85 ERA and 1,308 strikeouts in 1,537.1 innings.

THe Pirates signed C Wilson Ramos to a 5-year, $46,000,000 contract. He's a career .271 hitter with 119 homers and 431 RBI's.

I added Cashner back to the active roster, since I didn't want to release him, yet...

December 29th, 2018: The Reds traded RHP Alex Powers to the Red Soxc for RHP Alex Scherff. It looks like a steal for the Red Sox.

We'll pick this back up in 2019!
Old 07-05-2018, 08:33 PM   #34
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

Free Agency Pt. 2

January 2nd, 2019: The Red Sox acquired RHP Alex Colome from the Rays for 3B Michael Chavis, RHP Evan Odum, and LHP Tyler Wilson. I like this deal for the Re Sox, but Chavis is a solid prospect.

January 3rd, 2019: The Red Sox continue to bolster the pen, acquiring LHP Will Smith grom the Giants for RHP Slade Cecconi and SS Luis Alexander Gonzalez. It's another good deal for Boston, although Cecconi is also a solid prospect.

January 9th, 2019: The White Sox signed Daniel Hudson to a 1-year, $4,280,000 contract.

January 11th, 2019: The Rangers signed C Brian McCann to a 3-year, $24.9 million contract. The veteran is a career .260/.334/.452 hitter with 284 homres and 1,105 RBI's.

January 14th, 2019: The Nationals owner Ted Lerner passed away today. It's a sad day for DC, but his son, Andy, will take full control of the team. The Nationals will wear special patched to honor the deceased Lerner for the coming season.

January 15th, 2019: The Pirates traded RHP Kyle Funkhouser to the Reds for LHP Brandon Finnegan and cash considerations. It's a good deal for the Reds, although it's pretty even.

January 18th, 2019: The Nationals acquired CF Guillermo Heredia from the Mariners for RHP Tyler Mapes. It's a very even deal.

January 22nd, 2019: The Blue Jays won the Bryce Harper sweepstakes, signing him to a 6-year, $150,600,000 contract. He is a career .288/.391/.518 hitter with 171 homers and 480 RBI's.

January 23rd, 2019: The Hall of Fame results were published, and Mariano Rivera (94.1) was inducted. Todd Helton (70.8), Barry Bonds (68.2), Mike Mussina (66.6), Roy Halladay (63.3), and Roger Clemens (60.3) were all really close. Edgar Martinez (62, 10th year) was dropped, as well as Juan Pierre (3.9).

I signed SP Nathan Eovaldi to a 1-year, $1.8 million contract. He's a career 39-56 with a 4.34 ERA and 1.37 WHIP, although he was 1-10 with a 5.17 ERA and 1.30 WHIP last year with the Rays and Angels.

The Mets acquired 3B Nick Senzel and RHP Jimmy Herget to the Reds for LHP David Peterson. I have absolutely no idea what the Reds were thinking...

January 24th, 2019: The Dodgers signed Taiwanese international free agent Zong-Ming Zang to a 3-year, $32.3 million contract. He's got four plus-plus pitches, including a 93 rated change up. He hits 95-97 with his fastball and cutter. He doesn't really have starter stamina, but I guess the Dodgers don't care.
Old 07-06-2018, 08:54 PM   #35
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

Preseason

January 29th, 2019: I got a nice raise of my budget from $168 million to $180 million.

I also signed LHP Jake Diekman to a 2-year, $3.9 million per year deal. The 32-year-old vet has a 3.97 ERA and 1.43 WHIP in 324 career innings with the Phillies and Rangers. He's got elite stuff, including a 94 rated slider that he throw sidearm, that is near impossible to hit as a lefty. He's also rated a 3.5 overall, and a great clubhouse influence. To make room for him, I place Alex Cobb on the 60-Day DL.

The Giants brought RF Andrew McCutchen back on a 5-year, $65.7 million contract. He had a decent year last year, hitting .274/.365/.424 with 17 homers and 86 RBI's. In his career, he's a .289/.378/.481 hitter with 220 homers and 811 RBI's.

February 2nd, 2019: I signed a pair of quality pitchers today.

First was RHP Joakim Soria, who agreed to a 3-year, $3.8 million per year deal, with the final year a team option. The long time big leaguer has 212 career saves with a 2.92 ERA, 1.14 WHIP, and 655 strikeouts in 629.2 innings. He's rated a 3.5* with plus-plus movement and 5 plus or better pitches. His change up, his best pitch, is a plus-plus offering and he has good control of all five of his pitches.

Second is LHP Drew Pomeranz, who agreed to a 2-year, $8.9 million per year deal. The 30-year-old is a career 47-55 with a 4.15 ERA and 1.33 WHIP in 200 games (141 starts). He had a rough season with Boston last year, but he has an elite knukle curve that gets a lot of swings and misses. He's got plus stuff and is a solid pitcher overall.

To make room, I DFA'd Richard Bleier and Gabriel Ynoa.

February 5th, 2019: I outrighted both Bleier and Ynoa to AAA.

February 6th, 2019: Here's a crazy signing, the Rays signed "raining" MVP Josh Donaldson to a 1-year, $19.6 million contract. The market didn't develop for him how he wanted it to, so he settled for a short deal with Tampa. The two-time MVP hit .302/.393/.598 with 45 homers and 112 RBI's last season.

February 7th, 2019: The Rockies traded C Chris Iannetta to the Twins for LF Robbie Grossman and RHP Fernando Romero. It's a fair deal for both teams.

February 10th, 2019: I sent SP Nestor Cortes, LF D.J. Stewart, and 3B Ryan Mountcastle to the Tigers for RF Victor Reyes.

Reyes, 24, is a switch hitter who's an elite defender and has great spee. He's rated a 2.5* and has plus contact, eye, and avoid strikeout tools. He doesn't have much power, but he has great range in the outfield and has a ton of team control left.

February 14th, 2019: I guess the Tigers really didn't want Stewart, so I claimed him off waivers.

The Nationals acquired LF Scooter Gennett from the Reds for LHP Dillon Peters. OOTP is not a fan of Gennett, so this looks like a steal for the Reds.

February 27th, 2019: After a period of inactivity, the Brewers sent RHP Blake Treinen and LHP Quintin Torres-Costa to the Giants for C Miguel Gomez. I'm really puzzled on what the Brewers were thinking when making this deal. They must really need a catcher...

Spring Training is next!
Old 07-07-2018, 12:07 PM   #36
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

Spring Training

February 28th, 2019: I made all my callups to get extra players for Spring Training.

The Rangers signed LF Brett Gardner to a -year, $18 million contract. The longtime Yankee is a career .266/.349/.396 hitter with 99 homers, 469 RBI's, and 248 steals. In an alternate universe, he plays for the Tigers and hit a 2nd inning grand slam against the best pitcher ever in Game 7 of the World Series. I lost that game...

March 7th, 2019: The Blue Jays will be without CL Roberto Osuna for the year with a torn UCL. The 24-year-old had a rough season last year, and this doesn't bode well for his future.

March 10th, 2019: The Athletics signed C Evan Gattis to a 1-year, $1,980,000 contract. He hit .227 with 8 homers and 24 RBI's as an Astro last year.

March 12th, 2019: My owner, Peter Angelos, passed away today, and his son, Peter Jr. will take control. The younger Angelos is lenient and charitable. It doesn't get more perfect then that! As long as I keep him happy, things should be good. Peter Jr. announced we'd spend this season honoring his father.

March 17th, 2019: Owners keep dropping like flys, with Cleveland owner Larry Dolan passing away. His son, Max, will take over. He''s tolerant, but a penny-pincher. The Indians will honor Larry Dolan throughout the season.

March 19th, 2019: The Rays will be without LHP Ryan Yarbrough for the year with a torn elbow ligament.

March 21st, 2019: Austin Hays ruptured his achilles tendon and will miss about 2 months. I'd eventually option him to AAA and keep him on the International League DL instead.

March 22nd, 2019: The Angels acquired 1B Tommy Joseph and LHP Brett Martin from the Rangers for RHP Miguel Almonte. I like this deal for the Angels.

March 27th, 2019: I locked Aaron Sanchez up to a mega deal, 9 years, $14,670,000 per year. The 26-year-old is a career 36-21 with a 3.48 ERA and 1.25 WHIP. I'm not letting him ever leave...

April 1st, 2019: With games over for the spring, I started making my final cuts.

I traded 3B Erik Gonzalez to the Brewers for the injured Josh Hader.

Hader, 24, is headed to the 60-Day DL with radial nerve decompression surgery in his elbow, but the lefty is rated a 3/4. He's got elite stuff, including a 100 rated slider and a plus-plus 93-95 mph fastball, and plus change up.

April 2nd, 2019: I made a swap of overpaid veterans, swapping 1B Mark Trumbo (25% retained) and C Stuart Levy to the Rockies for LF Ian Desmond (85% retained). Desmond has a longer contract, but I'm paying less each year, then I would in total for Trumbo this year.

April 3rd, 2019: I finalized my roster for the 2019 season, which may I add, is a lot better then last year's:

SP Nathan Eovaldi (2.5/2.5)
SP Kevin Gausman (2.5/2.5)
SP Drew Pomeranz (2.5/2.5)
SP Carlos Rodon (3/3)
SP Aaron Sanchez (4/4)
RP Shawn Armstrong (2/2)
RP Miguel Castro (1.5/2.5)
RP Jake Diekman (3.5/3.5)
RP Kelvin Herrera (2.5/2.5)
RP Boone Logan (3/3)
RP Erasmo Ramirez (3/3)
RP Joakim Soria (3.5/3.5)
CL Zach Britton (5/5)
C Chance Sisco (2.5/3)
C Max Stassi (2/2)
1B Trey Mancini (2.5/2.5)
2B Yolmer Sanchez (1.5/1.5)
2B Jonathan Schoop (4/4)
3B Tim Beckham (2.5/2.5)
SS Jose Iglesias (1.5/1.5)
LF Ian Desmond (1.5/1.5)
LF Michael A. Taylor (1.5/2)
CF Anthony Alford (3/4)
RF Lewis Brinson (2.5/3.5)
RF Victor Reyes (2.5/2.5)

I think we can surprise a bit this year!

Last edited by ayaghmour2; 07-07-2018 at 12:08 PM.
ayaghmour2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 04:09 PM   #37
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

April 4th-April 10th

April 4th, 2019: Happy Opening Day!

The top 100 prospect list was published, with the Pirates LHP Nate Sokolov ranked #1. Our system checks in at 19th. SP D.L. Hall (30th) and CF Kyle Lewis (61st) rank in the top 100 for us. Other notables include 2B Brandon Lowe (108th), SP Max Fried (155th), SS Matthew Golda (172nd), and SP Michael Baumann (177th).

The preseason predictions have us at 87-75, good for third in the AL East and the 2nd Wild Card. The Yankees (94-68) and Red Sox (91-71) sit ahead of us with the Rays (86-76) and Blue Jays (85-77) behind us. That would be a crazy good division...

Aaron Sanchez is also a predicted top pitcher, ranked 7th and projected 11-12 with a 4.24 ERA with 211 strikeouts in 182.1 innigns. Not sure how that's a top pitcher though...

The Yankees signed LHP Jerry Blevins to a 1-year, $4,680,000 contract.

The Dodgers returned CF Jacob Hanneman to us. I also released Andrew Cashner.

We start a four game series in Toronto to open the season. Aaron Sanchez takes on his former teammate Marcus Stroman. Our Opening Day Lineup is as follows: CF Alford, RF Reyes, 1B Mancini, 2B Schoop, C Sisco, 3B Beckham, DH Brinson, LF Taylor, SS Iglesias (P Sanchez). The Jays were able us 3-2 to start the year.

Sanchez pitched okay, 5.2 innings with 5 hits, 3 runs, a walk, and 8 strikeouts. Jake Diekman and Boone Logan made their Orioles debuts. Diekman went 1.1 innings with a hit, walk, and 2 strikeouts. Logan pitched a perfect 8th with 2 strikeouts.

Trey Mancini was 2-for-4 with a double. Tim Beckham was 2-for-4 with an RBI. Jonathan Schoop was 0-for-1, but walked three times and scored twice. Lewis Brinson was 1-for-3 with a sac-fly.

James Paxton tossed a no-hitter as the Mariners beat the White Sox 1-0. He walked 2 and struck out 7 in a near perfect start to the season.

April 5th, 2019: We looked to even the series with Carlos Rodon facing new Blue Jay Anthony DeSclafani. We got two in the first, but that was it, and we dropped this one 4-2.

Rodon allowed all 4 runs in 4.1 innings with 6 hits, 2 walks, and 3 strikeouts. Erasmo Ramirez tossed 2.2 solid innings in a solid Baltimore debut with a hit, walk, and 4 strikeout. Joakim Soria also made his Orioles debut, tossing a perfect 8th with a strikeout.

Michael A. Taylor was 3-for-4 with a pair of doubles. Victor Reyes was 1-for-4 with a two run homer. .Anthony Alford was 1-for-4 with a walk and run scored.

April 6th, 2019: We looked to win our first game of the year with new Oriole Drew Pomeranz facing Jhoulys Chacin. The bats were better today, and we topped the Jays 6-2 for our first win of the season.

Pomeranz went 6, allowing 4 hits, 2 runs, 3 walks, and 5 strikeouts. Kelvin Herrera made his Oriole debut, going 2 innings with a hit and strikeout.

Chance Sisco was 1-for-4 with a two run homer. Anthony Alford was 2-for-4 with a walk and run scored. Jose Iglesais was 2-for-4 with a two run homer. Lewis Brinson was 1-for-4 with a double and run scored.

Atlanta's Adam Eaton extended his hit streak to 20 in a 6-4 win over the Reds.

April 7th, 2019: We looked to split the series with Nathan Eovaldi making his Orioles debut against Robert Stephenson. The Jays tried to come back, as Justin Smoak took Shawn Armstrong deep for a two run homer, but we held them off and won 6-3.

Miguel Castro left with a strained back, and will miss 3 weeks.

Eovaldi pitched well, 6 innings with 2 hits, a run, 2 walks, and 3 strikeouts. Castro allowed a run off a hit in 0.2 innings. Armstrong allowed a hit and run with a strikeout in the 9th.

Victor Reyes was 2-for-4 with 2 runs and 2 triples. Jonathan Schoop was 3-for-4 with a double, run scored, and 2 RBI's. Chance Sisco was 1-for-4 with a three run homer. Trey Mancini was 1-for-3 with 2 runs, a walk, and RBI.

A pair of hit streaks ended today, with Cleveland's Jose Ramirez and Atlanta's Eaton's both recording o'fers.

We're heading home for a game with the Yankees, an off day, and then the finale. We'll see Hidetsugu Nakasone and Chad Green.

April 8th, 2019: The first set of Power Rankings thinks our 2-2 record is good for 14th in the league.

We started out first home series of the year with Kevin Gausman taking on Hidetsugu Nakasone, who was mkaing his MLB debut. It took 10 innings, but Michael A. Taylor took Aroldis Chapman deep in the 10th and we walked off 4-3 winners.

Gausman went 5.2 innings, allowing 7 hits, 3 runs, 3 walks, and he struck out 6. The pen combined for 4.1 innings, allowing a hit, 3 walks, and they struck out 5. Jake Diekman got the win.

Taylor was 1-for-5 with the walk-off solo shot. Ian Desmond was 2-for-4 with a solo homer and double. Jonathan Schoop was 2-for-4 with 2 runs and a solo homer. Anthony Alford was 2-for-4 with a double.

April 9th, 2019: The Cardinals signed RHP A.J. Ramos to a 1-year, $3,480,000 contract.

We got today off, and would finish the Yankees series tomorrow.

August 10th, 2019: I claimed RHP Mike Clevinger off waivers from the Indians, and added him to the active roster. He's rated a 2.5* as a SP, and boasts a great four pitch arsenal, with two plus pitches and two plus-plus pitches. He doesn't have the best movement or control, but he'll fill a nice long relief role for us.

After the day off, we looked to finish the "sweep" with Aaron Sanchez (0-1, 4.76 ERA, 1.05 WHIP) facing Luis Severino (1-0, 5.06 ERA, 1.69 WHIP). Sanchez was brilliant, and we shut the Yanks out 3-0.

Sanchez almost went the distance, 8 innings with a hit, walk, and 12 strikeouts. This is what I expect after the extension! Zach Britton got his first save of the year, walking 1 and striking out 2 in the 9th.

Lewis Brinson was 1-for-3 with a two run homer. Jose Iglesias was 1-for-3 with a double and run scored. Chance Sisco was 1-for-2 with a walk and run scored.

White Sox CF Andrew Toles was 5-for-6 in a 15-5 win over the Rangers.

The Rays come to town for four before we get another off day. We'll see Blake Snell (0-0, 1.50 ERA), former Oriole Dylan Bundy (0-1, 7.36 ERA), Matt Andriese (1-0, 1.50 ERA), and Matt Hardy (0-0, 2.57 ERA). We're both tied in first at 4-2 as well!
Old 07-08-2018, 12:14 AM   #38
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

April 11th-April 18th

April 11th, 2019: We started a four game series at Camden Yards with Carlos Rodon (0-1, 8.31 ERA, 1.85 WHIP) facing Ryan Williams. It was a close one, but we were able to hold off a late rally to take the opener 6-5.

Rodon went 4 innings, allowing 7 hits, 3 runs, a walk, and 2 strikeouts. Mike Clevinger made his Orioles debut, and got the win, tossing 3 innings with 2 hits and 5 strikeouts. Boone Logan got a hold, despite allowing 2 hits, 2 runs, a walk, and 2 strikeouts. Joakim Soria got his first save of the year, 1.1 innings with a hit, walk, and strikeout.

Anthony Alford was 3-for-4 with 2 runs, 3 RBI's, and a home run. Tim Beckham was 3-for-4 with 2 runs scored. Lewis Brinson was 1-for-4 with a double and run scored. Victor Reyes was 1-for-4 with an RBI double. Ian Desmond was 1-for-4 with 2 RBI's.

April 12th, 2019: We looked to keep winning with Drew Pomeranz (1-0, 3.00 ERA, 1.17 WHIP) taking on Blake Snell (0-0, 1.50 ERA, 0.83 WHIP). The Rays got three quick runs in the third to take a 3-0 lead, but we slowly cut that deficit to 1, and then scored 2 in the 8th to lead us to a 4-3 win.

Pomeranz went 7, allowing 7 hits, 3 runs, and a walk, with 7 strikeouts. Soria got the win, strikng out the side in the 8th. Zach Britton got the hold, being pulled for some reason after walking a hitter with 1 out. Boone Logan got the save, striking out the final two hitters.

Michael A. Taylor was 1-for-4 with a two run homer and a stolen base. Victor Reyes was 2-for-4 with a double and RBI. Lewis Brinson was 2-for-3 with a walk, run scored, and double. Tim Beckham was 2-for-4 with a double and run scored.

April 13th, 2019: We looked to win our 7th straight with former Oriole Dylan Bundy (0-1, 7.36 ERA, 2.18 WHIP) facing former Ray Nathan Eovaldi (1-0, 1.50 ERA, 0.67 WHIP). The Rays got 7 in the 3rd and crushed us 16-5.

Eovaldi was hit hard, 8 hits and 10 runs (7 earned) with 5 walks and 2 strikeouts in 3.2 innings. Another former Ray, Erasmo Ramirez, allowed 6 hits and 5 runs in 3.1 innings with a strikeout. Mike Clevinger allowed a run off 2 hits and 2 walks with a strikeout in 1.1 innings.

Victor Reyes was 3-for-5 with a double and run scored. Chance Sisco was 1-for-2 with 2 runs, a walk, hit by pitch, and solo homer. Lewis Brinson was 1-for-4 with a three run homer. Michael A. Taylor was 1-for-4 with a steal, but was charged with the error that let in three runs. Jonathan Schoop was 2-for-5 with a run scored and RBI.

April 14th, 2019: We looked to finish the series with a win, as Kevin Gausman (0-0, 4.76 ERA, 1.76 WHIP) took on Matt Andriese (1-0, 1.50 ERA, 1.17 WHIP). Down 4-2 heading to the 8th, Trey Mancini hit a two run shot off Matt Harvey, his second of the game, to tie it up. In the 9th, Victor Reyes hit a walk-off single off Matt Harvey and we won the finale 5-4.

Gausman went 5.1 innings, allowing 5 hits, 4 runs, 3 walks, and he struck out 6. Zach Britton pitched the top of the 9th, allowing a hit and striking out two, while earning the win.

Trey Mancini was 2-for-4 with a solo and two run homer. Lewis Brinson was 2-for-4 with a run scored and RBI. Tim Beckham was 2-for-4 with a triple and run scored. Victor Reyes was 2-for-4 with an RBI. Chance Sisco was 1-for-4 with a double. Anthony Alford was 1-for-4 with a hit by pitch.

We got tomorrow off before we head to Boston for three with the Red Sox.

April 15th, 2019: At 7-3, we rank 2nd in the Power Rankings, behind just the Padres, who share our record.

Looking ahead to the Red Sox series, we'll see Eduardo Rodriguez (0-0, 3.00 ERA), Rick Porcello (0-1, 13.50 ERA), and Chris Sale (0-1, 5.79 ERA).

April 16th, 2019: The series at historical Fenway Park features a great pitcher's duel, with Aaron Sanchez (1-1, 1.98 ERA, 0.59 WHIP) going head-to-head with Chris Sale (0-1, 5.79 ERA, 1.29 WHIP). Boston capitalized off our mistakes, and won the opener 9-3.

Jose Iglesias left with a high ankle sprain after sliding into second with a double. He'll head to the DL and miss about 3 weeks.

Sanchez went just 3.1 innings, with 6 hits, 4 runs (3 earned), 2 walks, and 4 strikeouts. Mike Clevinger tossed 2 innings with 2 hits, 3 runs (1 earned), 2 walks, and 2 strikeouts. Jake Diekman allowed 2 more runs in an inning with 2 hits, 2 walks, and a strikeout.

Trey Mancini was 2-for-4 with an RBI. Yolmer Sanchez, who replaced Iglesias in the 3rd, was 1-for-2 with 2 runs scored. Anthony Alford was 1-for-4 with a run scored.

April 17th, 2019: I purchased the contract of SS Gavin Cecchini from AAA, who had signed a minor league deal with a major league option in the offseason. He'll make $1.1 million for the season. At 25, he's rated a 1.5/2.5 with a decent back that doesn't have that much power.

We looked to bounce back with Carlos Rodon (0-1, 7.56 ERA, 1.92 WHIP) facing Eduardo Rodriguez (0-0, 3.00 ERA, 1.33 WHIP). Cecchini will play short and hit second. Boston got four in the 9th, but we were able to escape with a 8-6 win.

Rodon went 6 innings, allowing 6 hits, 2 runs, 4 walks, and 7 strikeouts. Kelvin Herrera went 2 innings, allowing 3 hits, 2 runs, a walk, and 2 strikeouts. Shawn Armstrong allowed 2 more hits and runs without getting an out. Zach Britton pitched a shaky 9th, 2 hits, a walk, and a strikeout, but he got the save after Herrera and Armstrong couldn't get outs.

Tim Beckhham was 3-for-4 with 2 homers, a double, a walk, 3 runs, and 3 RBI's. Ian Desmond was 3-for-4 with a double, run scored, and RBI. Anthony Alford was 1-for-3 with a three run homer and 2 walks. Michael Taylor was 1-for-5 with a solo homer and 2 total run scored. Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-4 with a double and run scored.

April 18th, 2019: We looked to win another series with Drew Pomeranz (1-0, 3.46 ERA, 1.15 WHIP), a former Red Sock, taking on Rick Porcello (0-1, 13.50 ERA, 2.70 WHIP), a former "Cy Young" winner. He pitched like one today, and Boston took the finale 6-2.

Pomeranz was charged with 5 runs off 8 hits in 5 innings with 2 walks and 4 strikeouts. Erasmo Ramirez pitched 2 innings, allowing 3 hits, a run, walk, and strikeout.

Anthony Alford was 1-for-4 with an RBI. Chance Sisco was 1-for-3 with a walk. Lewis Brinson was 0-for-3, but walked, drove in a run, and scored a run.

We head to Cleveland for three, and we'll see Danny Salazar (0-1, 4.66 ERA), Cody Anderson (2-0, 0.82 ERA), and Corey Kluber (1-0, 4.60 ERA) in a battle of currently first place teams.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:09 PM   #39
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

April 19th-April 24th

April 19th, 2019: I claimed Jose Peraza off waivers from the Reds, optioned Gavin Cecchini to AAA, DFA'd Shawn Armstrong, and recalled Mychal Givens.

Peraza, a speedy 24-year-old is rated a 2/2.5 as a shortstop, and he can play a little bit of everything. He doesn't have any power, but he makes a lot of contact and is great in the field. He also rarely strikes out.

He hit 8th and played short as Nathan Eovaldi (1-1, 7.45 ERA, 1.76 WHIP) faced Danny Salazar (0-1, 4.66 ERA, 1.86 WHIP). The game was tied at 6 heading into extra innings. In the 12th, we got 4 runs, including a Tim Beckham three run homer off Nick Goody. The Indians got 1 back in the bottom half, but we won the opener 10-7.

Eovaldi went 5.1 innings with 5 hits, 4 runs, 2 walks, and 3 strikeouts. Jake Diekman blew the save, a hit, run, and strikeout in 0.2 innings. Joakim Soria pitched a perfect 7th with a strikeout and got a hold. Boone Logan blew the save in the 8th, allowing 2 hits, a run, and a walk. Erasmo Ramirez got the win, 1.1 innings with a hit, run, and 3 strikeout. Givens got the save, 0.2 innings with a hit and strikeout.

Jonathan Schoop was 2-for-4 with 2 runs, 5 RBI's, and a home run. Lewis Brinson was 2-for-6 with a steal and run scored. Trey Mancini was 2-for-5 with a double, solo homer, walk, and 2 runs. Chance Sisco was 2-for-6 with a double and run scored. Beckham was just 1-for-6 with the big homer. Peraza was 1-for-5 with a steal, walk, and run scored in his debut with us.

April 20th, 2019: Boston signed LHP Justin Wilson to a 1-year, $3.2 million contract.

We looked to take the series a day early with Kevin Gausman (0-0, 5.73 ERA, 1.64 WHIP) facing Cody Anderson (2-0, 0.82 ERA, 1.09 WHIP). The Indians got 8 in the fourth to even the series with a 10-4 win.

Gausman was hit hard, 6 hits and 7 runs (6 earned) in 3.1 innings with 4 walks and 3 strikeouts. Former Indian Mike Clevinger allowed 2 runs (1 earned) in 2 innings with 2 hits, 2 walks, and 3 strikeouts. Kelvin Herrera went 1.2 innings, with a run, walk, and 2 strikeouts.

Trey Mancini went 1-for-5 with a two run homer. Tim Beckham was 3-for-4 wih a double. Victor Reyes was 2-for-4 with a walk, run scored, and 2 RBI's. Anthony Alford was 2-for-5 with a double and run scored.

April 21st, 2019: The Mets signed LHP Andrew Miller to a 1-year, $20.2 million contract.

We looked to end the series with a victory in an ace-off, has Corey Kluber (1-0, 4.60 ERA, 1.34 WHIP) took on Aaron Sanchez (1-2, 3.18 ERA, 0.94 WHIP). As expected, it was a low scoring game, but Jason Kipnis hit a walk-off single off Zach Britton in the 11th, as the Indians finished the series with a 2-1 win.

Sanchez went 6.1 innings, allowing 3 hits, a run, and a walk, with 9 strikeouts. Britton was charged with a run in 1.1 innings with 3 hits, 3 walks, and a strikeout.

Chance Sisco was 1-for-4 with a double and run scored. Jose Peraza was 1-for-4 with an RBI. Anthony Alford was 1-for-4 with a double and walk.

A pair of Rays got 5 hits in a 18-2 win over the Red Sox. Christian Arroyo and Matt Duffy were both 5-for-7.

We head home to host the Mets for two games before an off day. We'll face Cole Hamels (1-0, 1.64 ERA) and Jacob deGrom (1-1, 0.82 ERA).

April 22nd, 2019: Rays RHP Matt Harvey will miss the rest of the year with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament. He was 1-2 with a 6.94 ERA and 13 strikeouts in 11.2 innings out of the pen.

We dropped all the way down to 10th in the Power Rankings, as our record dropped to 9-7.

I outrighted Shawn Armstrong to AAA.

We opened the series with Carlos Rodon (1-1, 5.65 ERA) hosting Cole Hamels (1-0, 1.64 ERA, 1.27 WHIP) and the Mets. The Mets got two in the 9th to win the opener 7-6.

Rodon left with an injury, pitching 2 innings with 2 hits, 2 runs, and 5 strikeouts.

Jake Diekman replace Rodon, going 3 innings with 4 hits, 3 runs, and 2 strikeouts. Boone Logan got the loss, 3 innings with 6 hits, 2 runs, and 6 strikeouts. Not sure why an 8 stamina pitcher pitched 56 ptiches...

Trey Mancini was 3-for-4 with a double, homer, and 3 RBI's. Michael A. Taylor was 1-for-4 with a solo homer. Lewis Brinson was 2-for-4 with a run scored and 2 RBI's.

April 23rd, 2019: We looked to avoid the quick sweep with Drew Pomeranz (1-1, 5.00 ERA, 1.39 WHIP) facing Jacob deGrom (1-1, 0.82 ERA, 0.50 WHIP). We stoped our losing streak with a 6-4 win to finish this stretch of games.

Pomeranz went 6, allowing 5 hits, 2 runs, 2 walks, and he struck out 11. Kelvin Herrera blew the save, but got the win, allowing 4 hits, 2 runs, and striking out 2 in the 7th. Mychal Givens got a hold and Mike Clevinger the save.

Joanthan Schoop was 2-for-4 with a solo homer and 2 runs scored. Jose Peraza was 1-for-2 with a sac-fly. Chance Sisco was 1-for-3 with a walk, 2 runs, and a solo shot. Trey Mancini was 1-for-4 with a two run homer. Anthony Alford was 1-for-3 with a walk.

We get tomorrow off!

April 24th, 2019: Jon Lester tossed a 3-hit shutout as the Cubs dominated the Reds 10-0.

We get to stay home, as the Blue Jays come to town for four. We'll see Tyler Anderson (1-0, 8.40 ERA), Anthony DeScalafani (1-2, 4.50 ERA), Marcus Stroman (0-1, 3.13 ERA), and Jhoulys Chacin (1-2, 4.43 ERA).
Old 07-08-2018, 04:25 PM   #40
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

April 25th-May 2nd

April 25th, 2019: We opened the series against the Blue Jays with Nathan Eovaldi (1-1, 7.20 ERA, 1.60 WHIP) facing Tyler Anderson (1-0, 8.40 ERA, 1.87 WHIP). We had four errors that eventually cost us, as the Jays got 3 in the 9th to win the opener 9-8.

Eovaldi went 5 innings, allowing 8 hits, 5 runs, and he struck out just 1. Joakim Soria allowed a run off a hit and walk while getting just one out. Mike Clevinger got the loss, 1.2 innings with 4 hits, 3 runs (2 earned), a walk, and 4 strikeouts. Not sure why Britton didn't pitch...

Anthony Alford was 2-for-5 with a double, steal, and run scored, but he also made two errors. Lewis Brinson was 2-for-5 with a triple and 2 RBI's. Chance Sisco was 1-for-3 with a walk and two run homer. Trey Mancini was 2-for-5 with an RBI. Michael A. Taylor was 1-for-4 with 2 RBI's and a double.

April 26th, 2019: Carlos Rodon tore his meniscus, and will head to the 60-Day DL. I called up Pedro Araujo to replace him. Mike Clevinger will replace him in the rotation, but I would make a spot start first.

We looked to shake off yesterday's bad game with Aaron Sanchez (1-2, 2.70 ERA, 0.86 WHIP) battling Anthony DeSclafani (1-2, 4.50 ERA, 1.55 WHIP). Sanchez can't get any run support, and we lost this one 2-1 to drop our record to 10-10.

Sanchez went 6, allowing 3 hits, 2 runs, and no walks with 8 strikeouts. The rest of the pen went 3 innings with a hit, 2 walks, and 2 strikeouts.

Yolmer Sanchez was 1-for-3 with a run scored and stolen base. Victor Reyes was 1-for-3 with a walk and RBI. Tim Beckham was 1-for-2 with a hit by pitch.

April 27th, 2019: We looked to stop the skid with Kevin Gausman (0-1, 8.16 ERA, 1.95 WHIP) facing Marcus Stroman (0-1, 3.13 ERA, 1.43 WHIP). The Jays have 4 players in the starting lineup listed as day-to-day. It didn't stop them from scoring 5 in the second en route to a 8-5 win...

Gausman went 4, allowing 6 hits, 7 runs (6 earned), with 4 walks and 3 strikeouts. The rest of the pen tossed 5 innings with a hit, run, 2 walks, and 7 strikeouts. Logan was charged with the run, he walked 2 and didn't get an out.

Jose Quintana tossed a 1-hit shutout as the Cubs stopped the Mets 6-0.

April 28th, 2019: The Yankees will be without CL Arolis Chapman for the year with a torn flexor tendon in his elbow. The "Cuban Missle" is having a rough season, 0-1 with a 7.20 ERA, although he has struck out 7 in 5 innings and recorded 3 saves.

I optioned Mychal Givens to AAA to purchase the contract of Max Fried. Fried signed a minor league deal with an option, and will make $1.1 million this year. He will enter the rotation, so there is no need for a spot start anymore.

We looked to avoid a four game sweep at home, with Drew Pomeranz (1-1, 4.50 ERA, 1.33 WHIP) taking on Jhoulys Chacin (!-2, 4.43 ERA, 1.25 WHIP). Luckily, we avoided the sweep with a 5-3 series ending victory.

Pomeranz went 6, allowing 3hits, a run, and he struck out 5. Pedro Araujo allowed 2 runs in 0.1 innings with a hit and walk. Joakim Soria and Boone Logan got holds, while Zach Britton got the save.

Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-4 with a three run homer. Tim Beckham was 1-for-3 with a hit by pitch, double, and run scored. Yolmer Sanchez was 2-for-2 with a run scored and 2 walks. Anthony Alford was 2-for-3 with a run scored, walk, and RBI. Jose Peraza was 1-for-3 with a walk and run scored.

The Royals come to town for four, and we'ld see Jesse Hahn (1-2, 5.89 ERA), Ian Kennedy (1-0, 3.06 ERA), Trevor Oaks (0-3, 7.17 ERA), and Danny Duffy (3-2, 3.98 ERA).

April 29th, 2019: Somehow, we are still in first at 11-11, and we rank 14th in the Power Rankings. Our entire division was projected to finish over .500...

Max Fried made his Orioles debut against Jesse Hahn (1-2, 5.89 ERA, 1.53 WHIP) as we opened the second four game series in a row. Sal Perez took Britton deep in the 9th, and the Royals won the opener 1-0...

Fried was great, 6 innings with 2 hits, 4 walks, and 10 strikeouts. Britton allowed a run with 2 hits, a walk, and strikeout in 0.1 innings.

Lewis Brinson was 2-for-4 with a steal. Anthony Alford was 0-for-3 with a walk and steal. Victor Reyes was 1-for-3 with a walk.

April 30th, 2019: The Rays will be without LHP Matt Moore for the year with a torn flexor tendon in his elbow. He was 1-1 with a 3.94 ERA in 12 relief appearences.

We looked to finish April at .500, as Nathan Eovaldi (1-1, 7.65 ERA, 1.60 WHIP) took on Ian Kennedy (1-0, 3.06 ERA, 1.08 WHIP). The Royals got 2 in the 9th, but we managed to hold them off for a 4-3 win.

Eovaldi pitched well, 6 innings with 5 hits, a run, 2 walks, and 4 strikeouts. Kelvin Herrera, Jake Diekman, and Pedro Araujo got holds, while Mike Clevinger got the save. Araujo, who was optioned after the game, allowed a run and hit with a strikeout. Clevinger allowed 3 hits and an unearned run, but got the final 2 outs of the 9th.

Anthony Alford was 3-for-4 with 3 doubles, 2 runs, and an RBI. Yolmer Sanchez was 2-for-3 with a triple and run scored. Chance Sisco was 1-for-4 with 2 RBI's. Jonathan Schoop was 1-for-3 with a run scored Tim Beckham was 1-for-4 with an RBI.

A player familiar to my Marlins team, Brian W. Anderson, was 5-for-6 in a 13-8 win over the Reds.

May 1st, 2019: Jose Iglesias recover time is unclear, and we don't know when he'll be back. I recalled Mychal Givens back from AAA.

We looked to take game three, as Aaron Sanchez (1-3, 2.76 ERA, 0.78 WHIP) battled Trevor Oaks (0-3, 7.17 ERA, 1.45 WHIP). We allowed 2 in the 8th and the Royals took the series lead with a 4-3 win.

Sanchez went 7+, allowing 4 hits, 3 runs, 3 walks, and he struck out 8. Boone Logan got the loss, a run and hit in the 8th, although he struck out the side.

Jose Peraza was 3-for-4 with a run and RBI. Anthony Alford was 2-for-4 with a walk and 2 RBI's. Lewis Brinson was 1-for-3 with a run scored and hit by pitch. Victor Reyes was 1-for-3 with a run scored, walk, and double. Chance Sisco was 1-for-4 with a double.

May 2nd, 2019: Kevin Gausman (0-2, 9.33 ERA, 2.07 WHIP) looked to turn things around against Danny Duffy (3-2, 3.98 ERA, 1.01 WHIP) as we looked to escape with a split. We played great, despite the 2 errors, and we won 7-1.

Gausman was elite, 7 innings with 2 hits, an unearned run, 2 walks, and 9 strikeouts. Erasmo Ramirez finished the game, 2 innings with a hit and strikeout.

Yolmer Sanchez was a perfect 2-for-2 with a walk, sac-fly, 2 runs, and 2 RBI's. Jonathan Schoop was 2-for-4 with 2 doubles, 2 runs, and an RBI. Anthony Alford was 2-for-4 with 2 RBI's. Trey Mancini was 1-for-4 with a double. Ian Desmond was 1-for-4 with a double and RBI. Michael A. Taylor was 1-for-3 with a run scored and walk.

The homestand didn't go as planned, but we'll head to Texas just half a game out of first. We'd see Miguel Almonte (1-2, 7.30 ERA), Chad Bettis (1-1, 4.50 ERA), and Ronald Herrera (1-3, 7.16 ERA). On May 5th, the draft pool will be published!
Attached Images
Image Image Image