Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 04-02-2018, 10:35 PM   #41
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

April 11th-April 17th

April 11th, 2019: Brad Peacock (1-0, 1.50 ERA, 1.17 WHIP) hosted Mike Soroka (0-1, 3.00 ERA, 1.33 WHIP) in our home opener. Charlie Tilson got his first start of the year and will hit leadoff and man center.

We allowed 3 in the 6th and were scorless through 7. We added a run in the 8th and 9th, but it wasn't enough, as we fell our home opener 3-2 in front of 34,350 people, which is about 30,000 more then expected.

Tilson left the game after being hit by a pitch. He'll be day-to-day for 3 days.

Peacock allowed 3 in 5.2 off 5 hits, a walk, and 4 strike outs. The pen was strong, keeping the Braves at bay.

We only had 6 hits: a double by Adeiny Hechabarria and a triple by Jett Bandy accounted for the 9th inning run. Joe Mauer drove in pinch hitter Miguel Rojas in the 8th. It sucks to lose the opener, but we'll be back at it tommorow.

April 12th, 2019: We had a nice off day before two more against Atlanta. Nothing really to report on today.

April 13th, 2019: We looked to bounce back with Colin McHugh (1-0, 2.45 ERA, 0.95 WHIP) on the mound against young southpaw Sean Newcomb (0-0, 1.29 ERA, 0.29 WHIP).

McHugh was near perfect, allowing just 4 hits and 2 walks in his 6.2 innings of scorless ball. He struck out 8, and gave the pen the rest of the game. Drew Steckenrider gave up one in the 9th, a solo shot to start the inning, but we were already up 4-0. Brad Brach came in and finished the 9th, earning his 3rd save, in a 4-1 victory.

Jett Bandy hit a pair of solo homers, and Joe Mauer drove in 2 on an 8th inning home run. Lewis Brinson and Ian Kinsler both doubled as well.

Adam Jones went 5-for-6 in the Orioles 11-2 win over the Yankees. All 5 hits were singles.

April 14th, 2018: The Angels will be without RP Branden Pinder for the rest of the year. He tore his flexor tendon.

We looked to earn the series win with Reynaldo Lopez (1-0, 0.00 ERA, 1.26 WHIP) taking on Zach Petrik (1-0, 0.00 ERA, 0.72 WHIP). I gave Bandy another start, and gave Kinsler a day off. Today wasn't pretty. Lopez was hurt while pitching, and the pen fell apart in the 8th and 9th. Blevins allowed 3 and Dyson allowed 2, and we fell 7-2.

Saladino (managerial win), doubled and went 3-for-4 with an RBI, and Kinsler and Read came off the bench with pinch hits. Bandy was 1-for-3 with a run scored. Everything worked well there, but we only managed 2 runs off 10 hits.

We'd host Philadelphia next, as we looked to rebound. We'd see Vince Velasquez's debut, Aaron Nola (2-0, 0.55 ERA), and Nick Pivetta (0-0, 3.27 ERA).

April 15th, 2018: Ian Kinsler announced he would retire at the end of the year. The 36-year-old is a career .272/.338/.443 hitter with 256 HR's and 914 RBI's with Texas, Detroit, the Angels, and now, Miami. It's obvoius he's on the down swing, but he should still be productive this year.

Power Rankings! You'll never guess where we are! At #6 the Marlins have 122 points, trailing only the Cubs, Angels, Orioles, Diamondbacks, and Red Sox. This is uncharted territory...

Jordan Montgomery (1-1, 4.76 ERA, 1.50 WHIP) took on Aaron Nola (2-0, 0.55 ERA, 0.73 WHIP), a rematch of our 1st loss of the year. Different result?

And it was!!!

Montgomery allowed 2 runs, both unearned, in 7 innings, as he picked up his 2nd win of the year. He walked 1 and struck out 7 in the 6-2 victory. Drew Steckenrider struck out the side in the 8th, and David Phelps struck out 2 in the 9th. Guess who made the error? Montgomery himself. He wanted to lower his ERA a little.

Raudy Read lead the offensive charge with 3 hits and 2 RBI's. Charlie Tilson, Ian Kinsler, and Tyler Saladino had 2 hits a piece. Kinsler doubled and stole a base, and score twice. Joe Mauer and Lewis Brinson had doubles of their own as well. Teoscar Hernandez and Brian Anderson were the only starting position players to not record a hit, although Anderson walked twice.

April 16th, 2018: Matt Shoemaker of the Angels is out for the year with a torn UCL. He had a nice season last year, but will return to the DL with a major arm injury. The Twins also lost pitcher Taylor Rogers for over a year with the same injury.

Today we got Velasquez's debut with Adalberto Mejia (0-0, 9.82 ERA, 1.91 WHIP) taking the mound for us. Bounce back start? Kind of, he allowed just 2 in 5, but walked 1 and allowed 6 hits, with only two strike outs. Blevins allowed 2 more runs later on, as we fell 4-2.

We only managed 5 hits, 2 courtesy of Joe Mauer, who also drove in both runs with a 2 run double in the 8th. Brian Anderson had a double of his own, while the rest of the hits were singles. We'd be back tommorow to try to earn a split over the 2nd place Phillies.

Andrew Benintendi has a nice 20 game history with a 2 hit game against the Yankees. This streak spans all the way back to last year.

April 17th, 2019: I sent Martin Perez on rehab assignment to AAA New Orleans as he works back into shape.

We sent Brad Peacock (1-1, 3.09 ERA, 1.11 WHIP) to sqaure up against Nick Pivetta (0-0, 3.27 ERA, 1.36 WHIP) in the rubber match. Peacock had control issues, walking 3 in 6, but he allowed just 1 run and 3 hits. He struck out just 2, but he didn enough to keep the Phillies from scoring. Kevin Chapman, Sam Dyson, and Jerry Blevins picked up holds, and Brad Brach slammed the door shut in the 9th, and we won the series with a 4-1 home victory.

We only had 5 hits, but Lewis Brinson did his part in this match, hitting 2 homers in 3 at bats, scoring twice, and driving in all 4 runs. Teoscar Hernandez was on base for both homers after walking and singling. Joe Mauer singled and Ian Kinsler doubled to finish off the hitting.

Benintendi couldn't get a hit in three trips today, ending his hitting streak.

At 8-4, we're still a top the division, with a 2 game lead over Atlanta and the Phillies. Our home trip would continue with 4 against the Giants, and then we were off to Atlanta for 3, and then we'd have a nice off day to recover after 12 straight games.

Last edited by ayaghmour2; 04-09-2018 at 08:29 PM.
ayaghmour2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:51 AM   #42
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

April 18th-April 25th

April 18th, 2019: Big injury, as Reynaldo Lopez will be out for the year with shoulder inflammation. It'll take about 7 months of recovery for the 25-year-old, and hopefully he can bounce back. He's got a lot of talent, but this is a big injury. I wanted to call up Adam Conley, but Jeremy Garbyszwski (this is a hard one to spell), was the only 40-man member who could start tommorow, Lopez's turn in the rotation. The former 2nd rounder back in 2011 by the Blue Jays, Gab (easy nickname), isn't much more then a spot starter, but last year in AAA he was 5-2 in 13 starts with New Orleands and Tacoma. We acquired him in the 4 player package for Lane Adams.

A free agent hold out Alex Colome finally signed a 1-year, $2,240,000 contract with the Yankees, much less then he would've expected to recieve.

It's game time! The Giants are in town for four and the Marlins are eager to win. We'd sed Colin McHugh (2-0, 1.29 ERA, 0.93 WHIP) to the found. The Giants sent swingman Erasmo Ramirez (0-0, 1.80 ERA, 1.10 WHIP) to open the series.

It wasn't a good way to start the series, as we dropped the opener 5-3. McHugh lasted just 5, allwing 6 hits and 3 runs. He walked 1 and struck out 4. David Phelps was tagged with the loss, allowing 1 run off 2 hits in 2 innings, while adding a strikeout.

Lewis Brinson did his part, 3-for-4 and a homer away from the cycle. He scored once and drove in a run. Ian Kinsler doubled him in during the 6th inning. The struggling Anthony Alford stole a base, scored a run, and picked up a hit, despite striking out twice. Can't dwell on the loss, we have to move on to the next one.

April 19th, 2019: The Yankees also added Trevor Rosenthal on a 1-year, $6,000,000 contract. The hard throwing righty didn't pitch last year, rehabbing an injury. It's another big arm to the back of a strong bullpen. They need all the help they can get at 3-10.

Gab was set to make his MLB debut against Randall Delgado (0-1, 10.50 ERA, 2.33 WHIP). We really, really need to win today. I gave Alford the day off.

Eeek, this was a bad one...

We were shut out 8-0, and only managed 4 hits. Gab didn't even pitch bad, allowing just 3 in 7. Only 5 hits and 2 walks with 4 strikeouts isn't a bad debut. Jake Diekman and Brian Ellington didn't fair as well in their single innings. Diekman allowed 2 and Ellington 3, but it didn't matter since we couldn't score.

Luis Brinson had half our hits, including a double. Miguel Rojas, who I started over Alford, tripled. The final hit was Teoscar Hernandez's single. We're looking like the Marlins of old again.

April 20th, 2019: Jordan Montgomery (2-1, 2.95 ERA, 1.25 WHIP) dueled Madison Bumgarner (1-1, 2.29 ERA, 0.76 WHIP) in a qulaity southpaw match up. I'm hoping the youngster can show MadBum who's boss.

Neither starter pitched well, and the game went 11 innings. Montgomery allowed 4 (3 earned) in 5 innings. He gave up 6 hits, walked 3, but struck out 4. Kevin Chapman and Jerry Blevins allowed a run a piece in the 8th, when we were up 6-4, which tied the game at 6. Closer Brad Brach pitched 2 scorless and Sam Dyson added another of his own. In the bottom of the 11th, the "struggling" Anthony Alford tripled home a run off Derek Law to walk-off winners! Best part of the walk off? It was caused by a Brandon Crawford error.

We had two errors of our own, one for Dyson, the other to 3B Brian Anderson. We managed 13 hits, and Alford lead the way with a brilliant 3-for-6 performance that included a pair of runs scored as well as the winning RBI. Ian Kinsler and Charlie Tilson doubled, while Kinsler drove in 2 to Tilson's 1. Kinsler also signled. Anderson sort of made up for his error that cost Montgomery a run, by going 2-for-5, scoring and driving in a run. Adieny Hechevarria was the only starting position player without a hit.

I may have gotten a little lucky as a quality starter in Zack Wheeler was waived. Only problem was his contract... I had a bit of free space, so I could absrob the $3,320,000 salary he'd command this year, although part was already paid by the Mets. The surprisingly not-fragile Wheeler is 0-1 in 3 starts, but he has a 2.70 ERA and 1.00 WHIP, as well as 24 strike outs in 20 innings.

April 21st, 2019: We looked to manage a split, with Adalberto Mejia (0-1, 6.23 ERA, 1.62 WHIP) took on Jeff Samardzija (1-2, 7.63 ERA, 1.63 WHIP). Not exactly the starting pitching match up as yesterday, but even that wasn't what it was made out to be.

Let's just say Mejia had some unsettled business with his former team. Origionally a Giants farm hand with ace potential, they moved him to the Twins for Eduardo Nunez, and now he made his way to the Marlins. 7.1 innings, 7 hits, 8 strike outs, 0 walks, and 0 runs. Steckenrider finished the 8th with a pair of K's, then Phelps ended the game with a scorless 9th. The former wideout allowed 4 runs in his start, yesterday's loser Derek Law allowed 3 more, and Colton Murray allowed the last run in the 8-0 shutout to finish the series split.

12 hits were spread through every player who had a plate appearence, except the usually productive Teoscar Hernandez. Mejia himself even drove in a run. Lewis Brinson and Ian Kinsler hit homers, while Brian Anderson and Joe Mauer doubled. Tyler Saladino lead the charge with 3 hits, but Charlie Tilson, with 2, was the only other Marlin with more then 1. We did a good job of spreading out the offense, and we're still in 1st place at 10-6, although Philly is just half a game behind.

Braves phenom Ozzie Albies has a 20 game hit streak. The switch hitter is hitting .391 in 15 games this year. Man, I'm jealous of the Braves young talent. Don't get me wrong, Brinson is a great young talent, but I'd kill to have Albeis or Ronald Acuna. And that's who we'd face...

We got on a plane to Atlanta after the game, and were ready for 3 in SunTrust Park to end this long run of games. We'd probably face Luiz Gohara (1-1, 2.37 ERA), Mike Soroka (2-1, 1.37 ERA), and Sean Newcomb (1-1, 1.35 ERA). It's early, but man that looks unhittable.

April 22nd, 2019: Remember former Marlin Jose Urena? Well now he calls Reno home, and is out with shoulder inflmmation for 4-5 months. Still just 27, he's got raw ability, but was outrighted to start the year and no one wanted to waste a roster spot on him.

Power Rankings! We dropped 1 spot to 7th, but man it's weird to be this high. The Dodgers are leading the way at 151.6, while we have just 114.5. The White Sox are in last with just 25. Again, don't know what exactly this means, but I know we didn't even fall to 25 last year. And there were points where we were just downright awful.

Brad Peacock (2-1, 2.55 ERA, 1.08 WHIP) toed the rubber against southpaw Luiz Gohara (1-1, 2.37 ERA, 0.84). The Bravers were known for good young arms, and the Marlins, well, more like medicore journeymen arms. Nothing against Peacock of course, he's a solid arm.

And solid he was, allowing just 1 run in 5 innings, but he took the loss. We didn't manage a single run, and the Braves 3-hit us in a 6-0 shut out. The pen was bad, with Sam Dyson allowing 3 runs, and both Diekman and Ellington allowing runs of their own. I don't even want to talk about the offense, especially considering one of the hits was Peacock himself...

April 23rd, 2019: Please welcome, the newest member of the Miami Marlins, Zack Wheeler! The claim went through, and he'll send Gab back to AAA. Wheeler should start tommorow.

Colin McHugh (2-0, 2.37 ERA, 1.05 WHIP) looked to pick up his 3rd win, while Mike Soroka (2-1, 1.37 ERA, 0.81 WHIP) looked to do the same.

McHugh was as amazing as I've come to expect, allowing just a single run off 6 hits in 7 innings. He doesn't strike out too many, or walk too many, just 2 a piece, but he's a solid middle of the rotation starter none the less.

We didn't do too much for offense, but 2 runs was enough, as we evened the series with a 2-1 victory. Jerry Blevins pitched a perfect 8th to earn his 4th hold, and Brad Brach now has 5 saves after a scorless 9th.

We managed 12 hits, but it didn't do too much for runs. Jett Bandy was 3-for-4 with an RBI and two doubles. Joe Mauer had a double of his own in a 2-for-5 night. Lewis Brinson was 2-for-3 with a walk and an RBI. Charlie Tilson had an interesting game, 2-for-5, but he struck out 3 times. He was also caught stealing. Tyler Saladino, who was hitless, also made an error, so today wasn't his day. Teo Hernandez stole a base.

One more thing, we stopped Albies' hit streak at 21!

Ryan Braun wasn't stopped, going 5-for-6 against the Giants in a 16-1 whopping. Why couldn't we do that to the Giants... When asked about his performance, Brauns non-chalantly replied "Well, that was fun." At least he was honest...

April 24th, 2019: I wanted to stay in first, so we needed this win. Zack Wheeler (0-1, 2.70 ERA, 1.00 WHIP) is making his Marlins debut against the young Sean Newcomb (1-1, 1.35 ERA, 0.60 WHIP). We beat him earlier in the year.

Let's just say it didn't end well. Three Marlins pichers allowed 4 runs in a 13-1 demolition. Honestly, I don't even remember getting beat this bad last year.

I think that's enough for today...

God, I guess not, a stupid 5 hit game. Jose Pirela of the Padres went 5-for-6 at Coors Field. The Rox still won, 6-5, ironically.

April 25th, 2019: Ahh, a nice, sweet off day. After that beating, we'd need it. We're back on the road, headed to Arizona for 3 then San Diego for 3 more, ending this road trip. We'd have a day off before returning home.

The A's lost Ryan Dull for the season with a torn flexor tendon. The righty has been a key cog in the A's bullpen the past two years and 2016.

We're now a game out of 1st at 11-8, and tied for the 2nd wild card spot with the Cardinals and Brewers.

Looking ahead, we'd see Nathan Eovaldi (2-0, 3.93 ERA), Carlos Villanueva (1-1, 6.32 ERA), and Zack Grienkie (2-1, 3.10 ERA). It may not look like it, but the D'Backs are good, 13-5 this year.

Brian Anderson was struggling at the plate, so I sent him down to AAA and recalled Ryon Healy. Tyler Saladino, who was hitting .370/.433/.407 in 27 at bats, would step in at 3B, while Healy would back him and Joe Mauer up at first and third.
Old 04-04-2018, 11:10 AM   #43
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

April 26th-May 2nd

Sidenote: I got to watch Reynaldo Lopez, who's healthy in real life, and he was really dealing. Totally shut down the Blue Jays beofre the solo shot to Josh Donaldson.

April 26th, 2019: We starteed the Arizona series with Jordan Montgomery (2-1, 3.47 ERA, 1.37 WHIP) battling Nathan Eovadli (2-0, 3.93 ERA, 1.04 WHIP). Ryon Healy got his first start of the year, and will man third.

Man, can I just say our pitching bounced back! Montgomery tossed 8 near-perfect innings, just 3 hits, while striking out 8 and walking zero. Brad Brach came in for the 9th, had a little trouble, a walk and a hit, but a strike out as well, in his 6th save of the year, capping off a 2-0 shutout. Both runs were unearned, do to a Ketel Marte error.

He had 6 hits, 5 singles and a Charlie Tilson double. Joe Mauer drove in Montgomery and Adeiny Hechavarria in the 2nd inning, accounting for the only runs. Montgomery actually got a hit, the error was in Hech's at bat. Best way to bounce back from allowing 13 runs? Allowing 0.

Rougned Odor hit for the cycle as the Rangers beat the Twins 10-3. He was 4-for-5 with 4 runs scored and 2 RBI's.

Alex Verdugo of the Dodgers went 6-got-6 in a 17-4 thumping over the Rockies. Guess who started for the Rockies? Former Marlin failure Shelby Miller. Ok, failure is a bit harsh, but Coors Field doesn't treat him well. He's 1-1, but has a 8.68 ERA adn 2.09 WHIP in 4 starts.

Shocking player on waivers, Carlos Carrasco. He's not nearly as good in OOTP as he is in real life.

April 27th, 2019: Adalberto Mejia (1-1, 3.38 ERA, 1.31 WHIP) took on Carlos Villanueva (1-1, 6.32 ERA, 1.60 WHIP).

Mejia left the game in the 2nd, while Villanueva left in the 1st. Mejia gave up a run. The only problem is Brian Ellington allowed 6 in 1.2 innings. He walked 3 and allowed 3 hits. I think Ellington is going to be DFA'd. He was one of three relievers to walk 3.

Not too much offense either, as we managed just 3 runs off 5 htis. Raud Read doubled and Charlie Tilson tripled, but no hitter recorded more then 1 hit. Jake Diekman, struck out 5, and also singled himself.

Luckily Mejia is just out a few days with a sore shoulder. I placed a claim on Aaron Blair, hopefully Ellington's replacement.

April 28th, 2019: Brad Peacock (2-2, 2.38 ERA, 1.19 WHIP) took on Zack Grienkie (2-1, 3.10 ERA, 1.03 WHIP) in the rubber match of the series.

Well today didn't go as planned, as we were shutout 3-0. Peacock just gave up 1 in 4 innings, but Sam Dyson allowed 2 more in the 5th.

We only had four hits, two were doubles, two were Teoscar Hernandez (including a double). Miguel Rojas had the other double, while the final single went to Charlie Tilson.

After the loss we headed to San Diego for three with the Padres.

April 29th, 2019: The Cubs lost Brandon Morrow to the season with a torn flexor tendon.

Power rankings... It's 14th now, with 94.2. We keep fallling, and need to turn it around. Winning is so much more fun then losing...

Colin McHugh (3-0, 2.08 ERA, 1.08 WHIP) took on Joel De La Cruz (0-3, 6.98 ERA, 1.40 WHIP), a player I've never heard of, so add another to the luckily small total. 15 hits and 8 runs were a great way to start the series with a nice 8-4 victory.

McHugh was great, allowing 6 hits and 2 runs in 7 innings. Like usual, 2 strike outs and walks. Diekman allowed 2 runs in the 8th, but luckily we had enough support.

The bats were working, with Ryon Healy and Anthony Alford hitting homers, 2nd of the year for each. Raudy Reed doubled and Ian Kinsler doubled twice. Healy, Alford, and Adieny Hechavarria drove in 2 a piece. Every starter, including McHugh (who had 2 hits), recorded a hit. Healy lead the way with 3 hits.

April 30th, 2019: The Aaron Blair claim went through. I'd keep him designated until he was fully rested.

The Yankees lost Aroldis Chapman for two months. They've added a bunch of relievers, but they still have a Marlin like record of 7-16.

I think our 13-10 is supposed to be there's, but they've stole our best hitter. If you look at the 7 HR's and 12 RBI's, Stanton's season looks good. But then check out the .185 average, a huge improvement, from earlier this year.

Zack Wheeler (0-2, 3.91 ERA, 1.22 WHIP) took on Clayton Richard (0-3, 7.13 ERA, 1.98 WHIP) in game two. I liked our odds, but who knows what could happen in this crazy game known as Out of the Park Baseball.

Like I said, anything could happen. This game started good, a 2-run home run for Lewis Brinson. Only side effect, it was the only scoring for us all game. We gave up a run in the 4th, 8th, and eventually the 12th, in a 3-2 loss.

Wheeler was greatish. Yes, he walked 5, but just allowed 3 hits, and a single run. Only 3 strikeouts as well, so again, not perfect. Jerry Blevins blew the save in the 8th, and then Dyson earned the loss with a 3 hit 12th that allowed a run to score.

I don't want to speak too much about our "offense" but Miguel Rojas and Ryon Healy had two hits a piece.

After the game I designated Ellington for assignment, and added Blair to the active roster. Blair will be a nice long guy to add to the pen. He's got talent, but struggled in his 4 starts with the Braves this year. I think the pen work can help him regain his confidence.

May 1st, 2019: We finished April 13-11, just 2 games out of first, and Collin McHugh won pitcher of the month. 4-0 with a 2.18 ERA tends to give you a little recognition. Just think he was a waiver claim...

Also, I went all of April without making a trade, so hopefully I'm over my addiction. I only mention that since I get the always fun awful offer for Drew Steckenrider. The Angels wanted to give me a 2B who really isn't good at all. He has speed, but that's it. Best part, they signed him as a minor league free agent, so not really the type of player I'd want for a really good RP.

Anyways, we were dieing for a day off, and a win in the rubber match would be the perfect icing on the cake before we got to rest. Jordan Montgomery (3-1, 2.59 ERA, 1.12 WHIP) took on Dinelson Lamet (2-1, 3.76 ERA, 1.41 WHIP), who will definitely break out this year in real life. Fingers crossed he doesn't for this game, I want to win...

He pitched great, and we fell 2-1, again in extras. Jerry Blevins was hurt for us, but he's just DTD.

Montgomery was great, just a single run in 7 innings. He struck out 6, walked 2, and gave up 4 hits. Between him and McHugh, I have some guys who can really deal in the rotation. David Phelps picked up the loss, allowing a solo home run to Allen Cordoba who lead off the 10th.

We had 8 hits, but just 1 run. Half of them were Hech, 3 singles and a double. We didn't even drive in a run, as Alford scored off a Franchy Cordero error. Hech, usually sure handed, also made two errors, which is really shocking. He's known for his defense. Alford had two hits of his own, so 3/4th of our hits formerly played for the Blue Jays.

Somehow, Troy Tulowitzski isn't injured, and had a 5-for-6 game against the Orioles in a 13-2 victory. He was on the DL three times last year, but has stayed healthy so far and is hitting an impressive .367/.420/.567. Please, please replicate that in real life when you're healthy Tulo. Please. I was a firm believer that Coors field wasn't the reason you were so good for so long.

It was nice to return home after more then a dozen consecutive games. I don't think we ever had more then 8 in a row last year.

May 2nd, 2019: So April was nice, 13-11, and now we are 13-12. I hope we can stay over .500 all year, but there is no way I'm purging a very empty farm to make a playoff run.

Jose Iglesias, now in Philadelphia, had 5 hits in a 26-11 Eagles win over the Reds. Wait, this is a baseball score? The Phillies put up 26!?!?! I beat both teams earlier in the year, so it's kind of funny seeing this outcome.

Anyways, we'd be hosting the Rockies for three, then Milwaukee for 4, with a lot of games afterwards. We have 17 straight games starting with the Rockies series. This schedule really, really, earlly sucks. I looked farther ahead, and in August we only have 3 off days, same with September. It's going to be so, so rough.

Anyways, here's what we are looking at with the Rockies: Tanner Rainey (0-1, 7.04 ERA), Jon Gray (1-3, 7.54 ERA), and Tyler Anderson (1-3, 6.43 ERA). Please, please be an easy sweep. We're now 3.5 back and the Phillies have bounced back well. That line up is scary. The rotation is week, but many they can outslug anyone. The Harper-Hoskins 3-4 is deadly. I'd kill for power like that. Worst part is, Harper's contract is so nice, just $12,100,000 this year and it gradurally increases until 2022 where it reaches $21,800,000, and stays there untill 2025.

Below are the team stats thusfar in the season.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 04-04-2018, 02:39 PM   #44
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

May 3rd-May 9th

May 3rd, 2019: The Dodgers added holdout veteran lefty Zach Britton on a 1-year, $16,400,000 contract. He was the last big free agent left on the market.

Brian Ellington cleared waivers, and was outrighted to AAA New Orleans.

We were back home and were hosting the Colorado Rockies. Adalberto Mejia (1-2, 3.57 ERA, 1.36 WHIP) took on the struggling Jonathan Gray (1-3, 7.54 ERA, 1.72 WHIP). He didn't struggle today, allowing just 1 run in 6 innings in a no decision. Mejia had a nearly identical statline, but he struck out 6 as opposed to Gray's 3.

Brad Brach, however, struggled. Up 3-1 in the 9th, Brach, who hadn't given up a run all year, allowed 5 (2 earned) as the Rockies won the opener 6-3. The error by Tyler Saladino cost us the game, so it's not completely Brach's fault.

We had a lot of hits, 10 to be exact, but it only lead to 3 runs. Teoscar Hernandez had 3 hits in 4 trips and scored. Saladino doubled and Ryon Healy hit a solo homer. Saladino walked and singled as well, and even drove a run in, but it didn't make up for the 3 he let score...

May 4th, 2019: Brad Peacock (2-3, 2.36 ERA, 1.27 WHIP) was on the mound as we tried to even the series against Tyler Anderson (1-3, 6.43 ERA, 1.61 WHIP).

Peacock went 5, but allowed 3 runs off 6 hits. He walked 1 and struck out 4. Sam Dyson and Aaron Blari tossed 2 scorless innings a piece, and we topped Colorado 8-3.

Adeiny Hechavarria was perfect, 4-for-5 with and RBI. All four hits were singles. Charlie Tilson was the only position player without a hit today, as even pinch hitter Teoscar Hernandez tripled home a run in the 7th. Lewis Brinson and Jett Bandy had a pair of hits. Brinson tripled and singled, Bandy doubled and singled. Bandy drove in three, Brinson just 1.

This was a nice bounce back game, and we could win the series tommorow. In other news, the draft pool is going to be announced tommorow! We'd be picking 3rd, so perhaps we could find a stud.

May 5th, 2019: The draft pool was revealed, and here are the Top 10 prospects according to OSA. The potential ratings will be as followed, (My Scout/OSA):

SP Fo-Hian Renouf (2.5/4)
SS Rece Hinds (3/5)
SP Kenyon Yovan (2.5/4.5) He was drafted in the 32nd round, 957th overall by the Mariners back in 2016.
C Shea Langeliers (2/5) He was drafted in 2016 as well, by the Blue Jays, in the 34th round, 1,032nd overall.
SS Bobby Witt Jr. (3/5)
RF Jamie Zerger (2/4)
CF Benni Vogel (4/4)
CF Billy Williamson (1.5/4)
SP Zack Thompson (2.5/4) Another 2016 draftee, 11th round, 330th overall by the Rays.
SP Nick Lodolo (3.5/5) The Pirates took him in the 1st round back in 2016, 41st overall.

OSA loves this pool, five, 5 star potential players who will all sign. Four more 4.5*, and then a lot more 4*. My scout doesn't share the same setiment, so it seems like there may be only 1 option for my #3 overall pick. Don't forget, we have an extra 1st rounder from failing to sign Ethan Hankins, so I'm scared for that pick, since no one here looks like Hankins.

Here's the guy I like: SS C.J. Abrams. He's willing to sign for $2.2 million, and man, he looks good. A 5* potential, He's a really good fielder with blazing speed and crazy power. OSA doesn't see the power Stan Meek does, but they have him as a 3.5* still. Meek predicts the Blessed Trinity student from Alpharetta Georgia will be an elite shortstop. I have maybe 1 shortstop with a shot at the majors in the farm, so it's a huge position of need.

The other option is LF Segio 'Flash' Alaya, origionall from Puerto Rico, but he moved to the U.S. at a young age. He's impossible to sign, but his bat looks amazing. Another 5*, he's not a great fielder, but he has a 90 rated arm. And his hitting potentials are 89/79/82/83/60. I'd be willing to use a lower pick on him if needed. OSA loves him as well, a 4.5.

Possible steal of the draft is closer Chad Scoles. My scout has him as a 1.5/5, while OSA a 1/5. His stuff is amazing and he's basically ready to pitch in the majors. And my owner wants me to bring draftees up to the big leagues, which is hard since I technically only have 1 year of draftees. Depending on what's available, I might grab him in the 2nd round, but would prefer the 3rd if he's available.

On to the rubber match! Colin McHugh (4-0, 2.18 ERA, 1.09 WHIP), April's pitcher of the month took on Tanner Rainey (0-1, 7.04 ERA, 1.70 WHIP). Rainey really isn't a starter, but he's starting for the Rockies.

We did a bad job defending home turf, dropping the finale 4-3. McHugh got a no decision, going 6, allowing 7 hits and a walk, along with 3 runs. He struck out 3 as well. Jake Diekman picked up the loss, allowing a run in two innings of work. Just 1 hit, but he walked and struck out 3.

Both teams had 9 hits, but we had one less run. Lewis Brinson accounted for a third of them, and 2/3rds of our RBI's. He doubled three times. Tyler Saladino had a pinch hit triple and Charlie Tilson drove in a run with two hits in 4 trips, as well as a walk.

Jose Reyes, now with the Angles, went 5-for-5 in a 16-8 loss to the Rangers. He's hitting a surprsing .324 wwith 4 homers and 11 RBI's at 35. Way, way better then former Angels 2B Ian Kinsler is hitting. Also in that game, Justin Upton hit his 300th home run. It was his 7th of the year, good for 2nd on the team.

We got to stay home, and would face Milwaukee for four. We were now an even 14-14, but I'd prefer 18-14 after this series.

May 6th, 2019: AAA 2B Brandon Lowe won player of the week, hitting .414 with a homer, 7 RBI's, and 5 runs scored. He's hitting .363/.417/.527 on the season, and is my 6th ranked prospect (2nd hitter) in the organization. A CF Brayan Hernandez also won player of the week, hitting .526 with 6 RBI's and 4 runs scored. The 21-year-old is really raking in Greensboro, after struggling in A+ Jupiter.

The Mariners are without Julio Teheran for the rest of the year. He has a stretched elbow ligament. His season was going awful, a 7.28 ERA to his name.

And finally, power rankings... We're down to 17th with 85. It's better then last year, but our lowest of the season.

Jimmy Nelson (1-2, 2.73 ERA, 1.18 WHIP) and the Brewers took on Zack Wheeler (0-2, 3.41 ERA, 1.24 WHIP) and the Marlins. Jett Bandy could go for some revenge, after being waived at the beginning of the season. He's been raking, hitting .340 with a 1.040 OPS, 3 homers, and 8 RBI's. Lewis Brinson is also facing his former team, coming over in the Christian Yelich trade.

Baandy went 0-for-3, and we lost 7-4. A Ryon Healy cost 2 unearned runs while Aaron Blair was pitching, and we fell below .500 for the first tiem all year. Wheeler struck out 7 in 4.2, allowing 5 hits, 3 runs, and a walk.

Anthony Alford hit well, going 3-for-5 with a run scored, 2 driven in, and a double. The vet Ian Kinsler was 1-for-3 with 2 walks and a steal. Ryon Healy and Brinson had 2 hits a piece. Both scored, while Brinson drove in a run as well. I do miss winning a bit.

May 7th, 2019: Former Marlin Brandon Guyer is headed to the DL with a concussion. It'll cost him 4-5 months.

Game two saw Jordan Montgomery (3-1, 2.35 ERA, 1.07 WHIP) face Jhoulys Chacin (0-2, 6.35 ERA, 2.03 WHIP).

Man, I love Montgomery. 7 shut out innings, just 5 hits and 2 walks, while striking out 5. He improved to 4-1 on the season, paving the way to a 5-0 shut out to get back in the win collumn. David Phelps finished the final 2 innings, striking out 2, but allowing 2 hits and a walk.

Charlie Tilson and Tyler Saladino were running a lot on the base paths. Tilson was 1-for-2 and Saladino 2-for-3 in steal attempts. Raudy Read hit a grand slam with 2 outs in the 7th inning. We only had 3 hits, and Tilson had 4 of them. Lewis Brinson tripled against his former team.

May 8th, 2019: Game three saw Adalberto Mejia (1-2, 3.04 ERA, 1.27 WHIP) took on Corbin Burnes (0-1, 2.93 ERA, 0.98 WHIP). I don't know why Don Mattingly keeps hitting the struggling Kinsler cleanup, but I guess he's rewarding him for his upcoming retirement. Kinsler decided to hit 2-for-5 today, but he's still hitting below .200. Both hits were doubles.

Mejia had a nice game, allowing just 3 in 6 innings. He walked 3, allowed 5 hits, and struck out 4. Diekman and Drew Steckenrider eraned holds with hitless innings. Diekman struck out the side, and Steckenrider struck out 2. 5 runs in the bottom of the 8th gave us a 9-3 lead, so Brach did not need to come into the game to finish it off. Aaron Blair did instead, pitching a perfect 9th.

It was our second straight game with a grand slam, as Lewis Brinson cleared the bases off Joakim Soria with none out in the 8th. Him and Adeiny Hechabarria were 3-for-5 in the match, with Brinson scoring twice and driving in 5, Hech scoring just once and driving in 2. Anthony Alford had 2 hits and 2 runs scored, while Healy had 2 hits and drove in 1. Mejia got into the fun, recording a single for himself.

I got the achievemnt "Knock Them In" for Brinson's 5 RBI game.

Speaking of Kinsler, one of those doubles was number 2000. There was a nice little pause after the hit where all 12,696 fans in attendence gave him a standing applause.

May 9th, 2019: We'd escape with at least a split, but I wanted to win this series. We had a good match up, with Brad Peacock (3-3, 2.84 ERA, 1.29 WHIP) on the mound against Zach Davies (1-3, 6.07 ERA, 1.42 WHIP).

Peacock was as brilliant as usual, allowing just 2 hits, 1 walk, and a run in 7, while striking out 8 Brewers. Blair finished the final 2 innings, allowing just a hit and striking out 4, as we finished the series with a 8-1 win.

Davies on the other had was unlucky, as he gave up 6 runs, but just 2 were earned.

Miguel Rojas, who was on the verge of being optioned to AAA, secured his spot with a 3-for-4 game with 2 runs scored. We doubled a lot, with Rojas, Healy, Hernandez (2), and Saladino all recording two baggers. Peacock himself was one of 6 Marlins hitters to drive in a single run.

We're now 17-15 on the season, and are staying home for three against the last place 11-20 Nationals. They've really gotten a string of bad luck, as Stephen Strasburg looks like a shell of his former self, and was even demoted to the pen. Max Scherzer has declined as well, and with no Harper in the lineup there isn't too much to be scared of. They almost look like they are in worse shape then us.

For the series, we'd be looking at Tanner Roark (1-2, 4.34 ERA), Jeff Manship (0-1, 5.93 ERA), and ex-Marlin Wei-Yin Chen (1-4, 8.54 ERA). I think we can pull of the sweep. We're tied for the 2nd wild card spot as of now, and just 4 out of 1st, so this is a crucial series before we head to LA and play 3 against the 23-9 Dodgers. Not looking foward to that one...
Old 04-05-2018, 09:22 AM   #45
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

May 10th-May 15th

May 10th, 2019: He's not a major piece, but the Texas Rangers lost Adrian Sampson for the rest of the year with a torn flexor tendon.

We opened the series against the struggling Nationals with April's Pitcher of the Month Collin McHugh (4-0, 2.54 ERA, 1.13 WHIP) battling Tanner Roark (1-2, 4.34 ERA, 1.52 WHIP).

Well, this isn't how I expected the series to start. McHugh allowed 4 in 5 off 9 hits, while walking 1 and striking out 3. He also picked up the loss in the 4-1 defeat.

Lewis Brinson, Jett Bandy, and Miguel Rojas had a pair of hits, while the only run came on a Brinson 2-out solo home run.

May 10th, 2019: Game two saw Zack Wheeler (0-2, 3.74 ERA, 1.25 WHIP) take on Jeff Manship (0-1, 5.93 ERA, 1.98 WHIP). Lewis Brinson needed a day off, so I used Tilson-Alford-Hernandez in the outfield. Kinsler and him were both tired, so we were using a short bench today.

We only needed 1 pinch hitter, as Wheeler went 7 strong, allowing just a run off 5 hits, while striking out 6, and picking up his first win of the year. Drew Steckenrider piched a hitless 8th for his 8th save, and Brad Brach saved game number 7. Steck has really thrived in the set up role, with an ERA of just 0.61.

We had 11 hits, 2 a piece for Alford and Miguel Rojas, and every other starter, Wheeler included, had a single hit. Hernandez and Alford doubled, while Alford and Tilson hit homers, as the outfield was producing on all cylinders. Alford drove in 2 of the runs on the homer, Tilson one on his, and the last to Ryon Healy who drove Hernandez in on a single.

It was a nice bounce back game, and we would finish the series tommorow.

May 12th, 2019: The Blue Jays offered me a medicore relief prospect for Steckesaurus. Easy rejection. Still haven't made a trade this season, I'm proud of myself.

Another minor piece to fall, but the Rockies lost reliever Austin Hosue for the year with a stretched elbow ligament. He's actually having a good year, with a 1.52 ERA and 1.38 WHIP in 29.2 innings of relief work, but the 28-year-old rookie is more lucky then good as of now.

Ace lefty Jordan Montgomery (4-1, 1.99 ERA, 1.06 WHIP) was on the mound against former Marlins lefty Wei-Yin Chen (1-4, 8.54 ERA, 1.59 WHIP). Brinson and Kinsler were both back in the lineup for the rubber match.

Gulp. 2nd inning, Jordan Montgomery left the game with an injury. Don't take him, I'll sacrafice another arm to the Baseball Gods to save him...

Luckily, new longman Aaron Blair through 4 amazing innings, where he struck out 7 and walked none. He'd probably be next in line for the rotation, but he was excellent in this long relief role. He allowed just 2 hits and an unearned run, and picked up the win in our 5-2 series finale victory. The error was charged to Miguel Rojas.

Hernandez, Jett Bandy, and Ian Kinsler had two hits a piece. THe first two scored twixe and walked once, the last two drove in 2 runs. Bandy homered and Kinsler tripled. Lewis Brinson was 1-for-3 with a double and an RBI off a Sac Fly. We were on to LA with a series win to finish our homestand.

We were looking at Ross Stripling (4-1, 3.13 ERA), Danny Salazar (4-0, 2.82 ERA), and Alex Wood (2-1, 6.50 ERA). We wouldn't need Montgomery for this series, but I really, really couldn't afford an injury to him...

May 13th, 2019: The A's lost reliever Mark Lowe for the season with a torn labrum, that will cost him about a full calender year. Please, please don't have this happen to Montgomery...

Everyone's favorite rnakings were published today, as the Marlins finished 10th in this round of Power Rankings. At 101.7, we were 40 points behind the 1st place Dodgers, our opponent for three.

Adalberto Mejia (2-2, 3.34 ERA, 1.28 WHIP) took on Stripling (4-1, 3.13 ERA, 1.26 WHIP) in the opener and Dodger Stadium. It was the first time I'd see J.T. Realmuto in another uniform. The Dodgers scored 2 in the 1st on a Corey Seager home run, and then no one else scored the rest of the game.

Mejia undeservedly picked up the loss, allowing just the 2 runs off 6 hits and 2 walks in 6. He struck out 7. Jerry Blevins and Jake Diekman finished the game off with identical statlines: 1 inning pitched, 2 walks, 2 strikeouts. Blevins threw 1 more pitch, and 2 less strikes.

Charlie Tilson had 3 hits, Antony Alford had 2, all 5 of those were singles. Adieny Hechavarria and Kinsler doubled, and hat was the entire offense.

There's always tommorow...

May 14th, 2019: Aaaaannnnndddddd exhale. Jordan Montgomery is ok, just a stiff neck, and he'll be ready for his next start. I just dodged a firing squad with that one.

Game two saw Brad Peacock (4-3, 2.56 ERA, 1.14 WHIP) taken on Danny Salazar (4-0, 2.82 ERA, 1.30 WHIP). On paper, another good pitching match up.

Didn't exactly turn out that way, neither pitcher finished the 5th...

In Peacock's defense, a Ryon Healy error cost him 2 of his 4 runs he allowed in 4.2 innings. 7 hits, 1 walk, and 4 strike outs, were all attributed to him. Luckily the pen was solid, and 6 guys got us to the end, without allowing a run. Balir, Dyson, Kevin Chapman, David Phelps, Steck, and Brach all got at least one out. Blair picked up the dub, Brach the save, and the rest holds, as we topped the Dodgers 6-4 to even the series back up.

We hit well, as all starters except the leadoff hitter Tilson recorded hits. Peacock even drove in a run. Healy had 3 hits and scored twice, so I guess he made it even. Lewis Brinson had two hits, including a homer, and drove in two, while Joe Mauer and pinch hitter Raudy Read doubled. We'd look to steal the series tommorow.

A+ Jupiter 1B Darick Hall went 5-for-6yh in a 6-4 victory over the Lakeland Flying Tigers. Hall came over from Philly in the Alex Dickerson trade. He actually has solid upside, and has gotten much better since joining the Marlins.

Joey Gallo extended his hit streak to 20 games in a 10-1 loss to the Angels. Tale of two seasons for him, as he hit .186 last year and is hitting .336 this year. Although last year he hit 41 homers and drove in 104 runs. This year, 17 and 39, so really good numbers as well.

Mike Clevinger of the Indians, who lowered his ERA to 5.36 in a 7-0 shutout of the Athletics. He's struggled thusfar this year, so this might turn things around.

May 15th, 2019: Martin Perez's rehab was ending, and he just doesn't look too good, so I designated him for assignment, and would deal with him later.

Colin McHugh (4-1, 3.07 ERA, 1.23 WHIP) took on Alex Wood (2-1, 6.50 ERA, 1.25 WHIP) in the rubber match. Charlie Tilson would be unavaliable for today's game.

Well... This game sucked... McHugh was laced for 8 runs in just 3.1 innings, as he wishes it was still April. We ended up losing 11-3. Lewis Brinson was the only player that really came to play, going 2-for-4 with a run scored, and 3 driven in. He hit his 9th homer of the year, a solo shot in the 4th.

The loss was sad, as we fell down to 20-18 on the year, but I wanted to focus on Brinson for a second. "Sweet Lou" was having a lowkey outstadnig season. Just 7 days as a 25-year-old, Brinson is hitting .336/.394/.636 with the 9 homers previously mentioned, 32 RBI's, and an OPS+ of 161. He's really hit his stride now, and he's been looking like the impact player we wanted in a deal that sent out Christian Yelich. The future looks really bright with him.

Anyways, we'd continue our road trip with 4 in Colorado, before getting a day off to return home, ending our string of 17 straight games, which started with the home eries against the Rockies. Then we'd host the Yankees for 2, before another off day. So far in this awful stretch of games, we're 7-6, and it defintely could have been worse.

Looking ahead, we'd see Kyle Freeland (2-0, 3.71 ERA), Tanner Rainey (0-1, 6.75 ERA), and former Marlin Shelby Miller (1-3, 8.49 ERA) in every pitcher's dream park, Coors Field.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:08 PM   #46
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

May 16th-May 23rd

May 16th, 2019: The 20-18 Marlins took on the 18-18 Rockies in a four game series at Coors Field. Zack Wheeler (1-2, 3.32 ERA, 1.16 WHIP) took on Kyle Freeland (2-0, 3.71 ERA, 1.57 WHIP). The entire Rockies lineup was hitting .300 or better or .250 or worse. Either a really good average or really poor.

Wheeler allowed 3 runs in 5 innings off 6 hits, 4 walks, and 4 strikeouts. He left the game down, but we scored 4 in the 6th to take a 4-3 lead. One more in the 7th, and then the Rox got a run in the bottom of the 8th. Brad Brach entered the 9th, and shut the door, earning the save in the 5-4 series opener.

We had 12 hits at Coors, with three to breakout catcher Jett Bandy. The waiver claim was a triple away from the cycle, scoring once and driving in 3. He's hitting an impressive .353 with 5 homers and 16 RBI's this year, and stole the starting job from Raudy Reed. Joe Mauer and Anthony Aldord singled and double. Charlie Tilson and Teoscar Hernandez doubled as well, and Lewis Brinson picked up his 3rd steal on the season.

Rafael Devers and Aaron Judge both hit 3 homers in a 9-7 Yankees win over the Red Sox. I don't think any game has had a player on both sides hit 3 homers in the same game.

May 17th, 2019: He's fallen a long way from 2018 Opening Day starter, but Dillon Peters was sent on rehab to AAA New Orleans. He was out 6 months back in July with a ruptured bicep tendon, but then suffered a setback in the offseason, forcing another surgery, and 6-7 months of extra injury time. He'd pitch long relief, and eventually would have to be added to the 40-man roster. I had no idea who the casualty would be, but I had about a month before having to deal with it.

Jordan Montgomery (4-1, 1.90 ERA, 1.04 WHIP) was healthy and ready to face Jeff Hoffman in his season debut. Montgomery wasn't himself, and Hoffman left after just an inning with injury.

Montgomery allowed 4 in 4 off 6 hits and a walk, while striking out 3. The game headed to extras tied 5-5, but Ramiel Tapia hit a walkoff home run off Brach in the 10th inning.

We hit well, but not enough to win. Joe Mauer looked like the MVP he used to be, going 4-for-5 with a run scored, one more driven in, and a double. Teoscar Hernandez and Charlie Tilson doubled as well. Hernandez and Brinson had a pair of hits. The former scored once and drove in another, while Brinson drove in 3.

Jerry Blevins was injured in the game, and will head to the DL with shoulder tendanitis. I'd bring a reliever up tommorow.

Garrett Cooper, a former Marlin, who's now in AAA with the Braves, hit 3 homers in a 9-2 Gwinnett vicotry over Charlotte.

Frnacisco Lindor had a 5 hit appearence in a 20-3 thumping of the Mariners. The Indians star shortstop was just a triple away from the cycle.

One more piece of news around the league, the Astros youngster Francis Martes struck out 15 White Sox in an 8-3 victory. He allowed just 4 hits and a walk in 6.1 innings. 79% of the White Sox outs while he was pitching were strike outs.

May 18th, 2019: The lucky AAA reliever to get the call was Kyle Barraclough. He's been amazing, 11 saves and a 0.53 ERA with 13.8 K/9 and a much improved 3.7 BB/9 (7.3 last year in AAA, 8.5 in the majors), in 17 innings of work. His 0.82 WHIP is very impressive as well. "Bear" is shockingly set as the 7th inning guy by manager Don Mattingly.

Martin Perez cleared waivers, and was sent to AAA. Not surprised he made it through one bit.

Game three of four took place with Adalberto Mejia (2-3, 3.28 ERA, 1.29 WHIP) on the mound against a familiar face, Shelby Miller (1-3, 8.49 ERA, 1.89 WHIP). I gave a tired Lewis Brinson a day off, with Charlie Tilson getting the spot in LF.

Miller wasn't himself, and went 9 shutout innings, allowing just 4 hits. He walked none and struk out 8. Mejia wasn't bad, but he gave up 3 of the 4 runs in the game. He lasted 5 innings, but just gave up 3 hits and 2 walks, while striking out 5. Kevin Chapman allowed the last run, and left with an injury.

The offense sucked, not too much else to say...

May 19th, 2019: In attempt to split the series, Brad Peacock (4-3, 2.70 ERA, 1.20 WHIP) took on Jon Gray (1-4, 5.36 ERA, 1.50 WHIP) with Brinson back in the lineup.

This game didn't look to good, as we headed to the 9th down 6-3. We scored 4 in the top of the inning off Wade Davis, who was having a rough season to start with. This time, it wasn't his fault, as all 4 runs were unearned due to a David Dahl error. Brad Brach finished the bottom of the 9th, recording his 10th save, finishing the long set of games with a 7-6 victory.

Peacock went just 5, allowing 5 hits, a walk, and 3 runs (2 earned) with 4 strikeouts. Aaron Blair struggled, allowing 4 runs off 3 hits and a walk in a third of the inning. Chapman came back, as the injury was nothing.

We hit well, 11 hits that lead to 7 runs. Tilson, Hernandez, and Healy all had 2 hits, the last two had doubles. Hernandez had a steal, Healy the error. Anthony Alford had a clutch, 3 run base clearing double in the 9th as a pinch hitter.

Tommorow we had a nice off day to return home before taking on the Yankees. We'd see Sonny Gray (4-2, 3.61 ERA) and former Marlin Zack Godley (3-2, 4.34 ERA). There's a chance it would change.

May 20th, 2019: Darick Hall is still mashing, earning player of the week. This week he hit .462 with 4 homers and 10 RBI's.

We're now 13th in the power rankings at 95.3. Looking to the standings, at 22-20 we're three games behind Atlanta, who has a half game lead on the Phillies.

May 21st, 2019: The Yankees were in town for two, and Colin McHugh (4-2, 4.56 ERA, 1.31 WHIP) greeted Sonny Gray (4-2, 3.61 ERA, 1.08 WHIP). Giancarlo Stanton was back home in Miami, and recieved a nice welcome.

McHugh was great, allowing just 5 hits and 4 walks in 7 innings. He struck out 4 as well. He didn't get the win, since the game was scorless to start the 9th. Brad Brach started the top of the 9th, throwing a perfect frame with 2 strike outs and a fly out. Chad Green started the bottom of the 9th with a walk to RF Charlie Tilson. Lewis Brinson was up next, and he was 0-for-3 with a strike out. He laced a double, scoring the speedy Tilson as we walked off 1-0. Tilson atually stole 2 bases, including second in the 9th, but it sounded cooler the first way if he scored from first.

Best part of the game? Only 1 player had more then 1 hit? Any guesses? The last guy you'd expect, Colin McHugh himself! A perfect 2-for-2, both singles.

Remember Joey Gallo's hitting streak? It's up to 25 now.

May 22nd, 2019: Could we pull of the sweep? We had a pair of Zack's on the mound, Wheeler (2-2, 3.55 ERA, 1.25 WHIP) and Godley (3-2, 4.34 ERA, 1.15 WHIP). I hope we can score more runs today, but I'll take another 1-0 win.

Both Zack's allowed just 2 runs, but I'll focus on mine, Wheeler. He went 6.1 innings with 8 allowed hits and 2 walks. He struck out 5 hitters. We scored 3 in the 8th, and took a 5-2 lead into the 9th. Brach was in again for the 9th, but allowed a run. He did end up finishing the inning, with no further harm, earning his 11th save.

We only maanged 8 hits, but all hitters (including another Alford pinch hit) except Teoscar Hernandez recorded a hit. Alford drove in 2 in the 8th. He ended up getting caught stealing. All 8 hits were singles, but Lewis Brinson and Tyler Saldino stole a base. Ian Kinsler, the former gold glover, made an error, but it's just his 1st of the year, yet it didn't cost us in anyways.

It was nice pulling off the quick 2 game sweep, as we now sat at 24-20.

Joey Gallo's streak was stopped at 25 games, as he went 0-for-3 in a 6-5 win against the Astros.

May 23rd, 2019: Another day off, and we were able to stay home with Arizona coming in tommorow. We've cut the deficit to 2nd in the division, and we're 1 game behind the Phillies for the 2nd Wild Card.

We would possibly see Taylor Clarke (0-0, 6.00 ERA), Nathan Eovaldi (3-2, 3.83 ERA), and Rubby De La Rosa (5-2, 6.39 ERA). The Snakes are really good, 26-17, but stuck in 2nd place in their division. After that we'd see the first place team in the West, the Dodgers for three more at home. This would be a tough set of games, but after that we'd have an off day before heading to New York.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:47 PM   #47
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

May 24th-May 30th

May 24th, 2019: Jerry Blevins suffered a minor setback, but he's still set to return when his 10-day DL time finishes.

We opened the series with Arizona with Jordan Montgomery (4-1, 2.45 ERA, 1.09 WHIP) on the mound against rookie Taylor Clarke (0-0, 6.00 ERA, 1.67 WHIP).

Arizona got the best of us, as the visitors won 6-1, despite being outhit 11 to 10. Montgomery wasn't sharp, allowing 3 runs in 5 innings off 6 hits, a walk, and he struck out 3. Sam Dyson allowed a run, and David Phelps 2 more. Dyson hasn't pitched the best this season, and may end up a roster casualty. He's got a 5.75 ERA and has struck out just 11 while walking 7 in 20.1 innings.

All the hitting came from the four spot on, as the top three hitters didn't record a hit, and combined 0-for-13 with 6 strikeouts. Ryon Healy, who hit eigth, went 3-for-4 with the only RBI. He also doubled in the 9th. All 10 other hits were singles. Charlie Tilson and Jett Bandy had a pair of singles with a strikeout.

May 25th, 2019: The Red Sox made me a really good offer for Drew Steckenrider, CF Cole Brannen, the #94 prospect. He's a 2/4 CF with blazing speed, elite defense, and good contact. I really don't want to part with Steck, so I offered Sam Dyson instead. It didn't work. I threw Aaron Blair and Trevor Rogers there way too, and it worked! I couldn't believe it, and neither could Assistant GM Michael Hill. It was definitely worth it.

I made a bunch of roster moves before the match with Arizona, starting with moving Brannen to AA. I placed a claim on long man Luis D. Perdomo, a Padres pitcher, to replace Blair. I temporary called Dilon Peters up from his rehab assignment, just until Pedromo was claimed, which should occur tommorow. I also added LF Braxton Lee to the MLB roster from AAA. He wouldn't last too long, since Blevins would be back soon, but it gave me nice speed for the bench. He was hitting .272/.352/.351 with 5 HR's and 13 RBI's in New Orleans so far. He'd be set to make his MLB debut.

Game 2 took place between Nathan Eovaldi (3-2, 3.83 ERA, 1.16 WHIP) and Brad Peacock (4-3, 2.79 ERA, 1.20 WHIP). Lee was not in the lineup, but would be available off the bench. I doubt Peters would pitch, but he'd be available as well.

Peacock didn't last too long, goiong just 4.1 innings, allowing 2 hits, but 4 walks, and an uneraned run caused by a Raudy Read error. He struck out 6, so his pitch count was rather high. Enter longman Dillon Peters. He tossed 1.2 scorless innings before tuning it over to the back of the pen, and ended up earning the win in his first MLB appearence in over a year. Brad Brach struck out the side in the 9th, and earned his 12th save in the 2-1 win.

We managed just 4 hits, and one of them happened to be pipnch hitter Braxton Lee, recording a hit and scoring a run in his MLB debut. The other hits were Tilson, Teoscar Hernandez, and Healy. Healy drove Lee on a 2-run homer with 1 out in the 5th. Tilson tripled and Hernandez doubled. It wasn't a great game, but we got the win.

J.D. Martinez out hit both teams, as the Raiders beat the Vikings 17-10. Martinez went 5-for-6 with two doubles and three singles. The A's actually scored a touchdown and extra point off the Twins in the top of the 10th, scoring 7 runs in the extra frame.

May 26th, 2019: I felt bad, but with the Luis D. Pedromo claim going through, I sent Peters back down to AAA. He could use the extra seasoning. In Pedromo's carer, he's 17-21 in 64 games (49 starts) with a 5.16 ERA, but hasn't pitched in the bigs since 2017. In AAA he's fared much better, making 13 relief appearences for 25.2 innings thusfar this year down in El Paso. He's got a nice 3.51 ERA and has struck out 32 hitters. He'd work the long relief role.

The rubber match took place between the year-to-year inconsistent Zack Grienke (5-1, 2.42 ERA, 0.85 WHIP) and Colin McHugh (4-2, 3.98 ERA, 1.31 WHIP). Last year Grienkie was 11-10 with a 5.10 ERA. The year before, 17-7 with a 3.20 ERA. He's gonna be really good or really bad, no in between.

McHugh had another rough start, allowing 5 in 5 off 5 hits. He walked 2 and struck out 5, and picked up the loss in the 6-3 series finale.

Braxton Lee made another pinch hit apperaence, drawing a walk, stealing second, and scoring in the 6th inning. He earned himself a start. Jett Bandy was 2-for-4 with a 2 run home run, and both Joe Mauer and Lewis Brinson doubled, Brinson's drove home Lee. Anthony Alford was the only starting hitter without a hit, the rest minus Bandy, had just 1 a piece.

It sucked losing the series, but Arizona is legit. We'd get to stay home, as the Dodgers came to us for three before we'd get a day off. We'd see Walker Buehler (2-2, 5.40 ERA), Clayton Kershaw (5-2, 4.37 ERA), and Ross Stripling (6-1, 2.66 ERA). I think Kershaw and Stripling changed stats for the season.

In other MLB news, Josh Donaldson and the Red Sox swept past the Orioles 7-2 at Fenway Park. Donaldson went 5-for-5 with two homers and a double, just a triple away from the cycle. If Donaldson actually signed with the Red Sox in real life, I'd probably cry, and then shove my Josh Donaldson T-Shirt to the back of my closet with my super old and faded Brandon Morrow and worst investment every, Anthony Gose (don't judge, he was supposed to be a star and we share a very nice first name) authentic jersey and replace it with a nice, brand new, Vladimer Guerreo Jr. one. Maybe Bo Bichette. Marcus Stroman or maybe Randal Grichuck would work too. Grichuck would first have to start hitting over .100 with more strikeouts then hits. Whichever one I'd choose, which would be hard, would join the current rotation of Kevin Pillar and Aaron Sanchez, and the occasional appearence of my 2012 Black Alternate Aaron Hill jersey.

On the farm, Brent Suter, who I added to a MLB deal in the offseason, tossed an 8-0 shutout with 6 hits and 6 strikeouts. Him and Adam Conley are basically the next guy up.

May 27th, 2019: One of our better prospects Isan Diaz was named Southern League player of the week. The Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp 2B hit .500 (14-28) with 13 RBI's and 12 runs scored, as well as 2 home runs. The lefty is hitting .280 on the year with 9 homers and 35 runs batted in.

And here come the power rankings! Crusing at 13th with 94.7, we'd be facing the #1 Los Angeles Dodgers, who had a nice 146.

We'd welcome those Dodgers in to beautiful Miami with southpaw Adalberto Mejia (2-4, 3.32 ERA, 1.25 WHIP) who took on last years #8 prospect in all of baseball, the young Walker Buehler (2-2, 5.40 ERA, 1.31 WHIP). Braxton Lee was in the lineup, hitting leadoff and playing CF. We dropped the opener 3-2.

Mejia went just 5 innings, allowing 5 hits and 3 runs. He struck out 3 and walked just 1 in the losing effort. The pen was solid, allowing just 1 hit in the last 4 innings of the game.

Lee went 1-for-4 and scored a run, while swiping a pair of bases. Ironically, in AAA he was 0-for-4 on steal attempts. Anthony Alford, who recorded a pinch hit single, recorded a steal as well. Raudy Reed and Ryon Healy had a pair of hits each, while Healy hit a solo shot in the 2nd. We'd be back at it tommorow, as we hoped to end this 2 game losing streak.

I ended up promoting Diaz, as Brandon Lowe in AAA got hurt.

Bryce Harper had his way with his former team as the Phillies out slugged the Nats 14-7. Harper was 5-for-6 with a pair of homers and doubles, and a single too.

May 28th, 2019: Jerry Blevins was ready to come off the DL, and that meant Lee would be sent back down. He did good in his cup of coffee.

The Mets made the offers I loved recieving, a really bad player for Steckesaurus. He's not moving for a 0.5* SP, sorry.

The White Sox will be wihtout the always hurt young righty Zack Burdi. He tore his rotator cuff, and will miss about 13 months. He looks amazing, but this injury could relaly set him back. My scout sees 100/62/53 as potentials, and he's fully devleoped at everything except control. He's a 3.5/4.5* who can hit 97-99 with ease.

We looked to even the series back up, but had to face the best pitcher of this generation Clayton Kershaw (5-2, 4.37 ERA, 1.20 WHIP). We had Zack Wheeler (2-2, 3.46 ERA, 1.29 WHIP) going for us. Blevins would be availbale, but I don't think he's playing today. We had an all righty line up to counter the best lefty out there.

Well, Kershaw left the 7th with an injury, and he allowed just 4 hits and 2 runs while striking out 8. Lucky for us, he took the loss, as Wheeler was really, really good. Wheeler tossed 7 scorless with just 4 hits and 2 walks allowed, while striking out 6. Kyle Barraclough, who has yet to an allow an earned run this year, pitched a scorless 8th for the hold, and Brad Brach threw a perfect 9th, earning his 13th save in the 3-0 victory.

We had 6 hits, with three players earning 2 a piece. Anthony Alford was first, going 2-for-4 with 2 runs scored and an RBI, as well as a double and homer off Kershaw. Teoscar Hernandez was 2-for-4 as well, with a run scored, one driven in, which happened on another homer off Kershaw. Lastly, Miguel Rojas was 2-for-3 with a double.

May 29th, 2019: All star voting began today! I might have more then one worthy All-Star this year! Both Jordan Montgomery and Brad Peacock have sub 3 ERA's (Peacock is 3rd in the NL). Brad Brach is leading the NL in saves, so he could be an option as well, along with setup men Drew Steckenrider. Jake Diekamn and David Phelps are having good years as well, but it's hard to earn the nod as a middle reliever. Same wit LOGGY Kevin Chapman. Offensively, Jett Bandy has been one of the best catchers in the game, and Lewis Brinson has put up a solid season in LF as well.

Bad news for the Dodgers, Clayton Kershaw is done for the year. He's missing 11-12 months as they attempt to reconstruct his elbow ligament. I'm really hoping this isn't the end of the road for "Kid K" as it would be a huge loss for the game of baseball.

Anyways, we had a really good matchup for the rubber match, Montgomery (4-2, 2.72 ERA, 1.12 WHIP) versus Ross Stripling (6-1, 2.66 ERA, 1.25 WHIP). Stripling shut us out earlier this season. Would things be different in Miami?

Well, kind of. There wasn't much pitching, as we fell 10-5, but outhit those lousy Dodgres 13-11.

Montgomery wasn't terrible, allowing 3 runs in 4 innings, with 4 hits and 4 strikeouts. Luis Pedromo got the loss, allowing a run in the 5th, while Jerry Blevins allowed 2 more while getting just an out, Steck allowed a run with just getting an out, as well as Barraclough. Chapman finished the 9th after Barraclough, and allowed 2 more. Let's just say, not a good game...

Positives: 13 hits. Joe Mauer, who was cold, lead the way with 3 in 4 trips. Ian Kinsler and Lewis Brinson had a pair of hits in 5 trips. Kinsler doubled and drove in 2, while Brinson hit a solo homer. The only player to record an at bat and not get a hit in the game was Tyler Saladino, who pinch hit in the 7th. We'd have an off day tommorow.

May 30th, 2019: We had an off day today, and we used it to head to the Big Apple and take on the Division rival Mets for a three game series before heading to Baltimore for three.

Today, J.D. Martinez had a 5-hit game, his third of the season! THREE ALREADY AND JUNE IS JUST A FEW DAYS AWAY! I mean come on, how crazy is this? So many 5 hit games...

Anyways, let's look ahead to the Mets season where we'd see Jacob deGrom (2-3, 4.87 ERA), Matt Harvey (1-0, 4.15 ERA), and Chris Sale (2-1, 1.75 ERA). Wait, what? Chris Sale? Ahh, I remember, he signed there in the offseason and I made a joke about how he signed up for injured arms or something. Well, he doesn't look as good as he used to after tearing his rotator cuff last year, but he's having a really good season.

One more thing to note, the Amateur Draft is on the 5th, the last game of the Orioles series. I think this time I'll have a completely seperate post for just the draft. Hopefully, it'll be the 40 rounds I want this year.

With May almost over, I'll share a few of the useful statistics on the season thus far. At 26-24, we're 4 games behind the Phillies, and 3.5 behind Atlanta for the 2nd wild card spot. Lucky for us, we're one of 6 teams over .500 in the NL, so we have a chance to sneak into the playoffs. That would honestly be crazy, since it's almost June and we haven't fell apart yet.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 04-06-2018, 11:30 AM   #48
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

May 31st-June 5th

May 31st-June 5th: We entered the Big Apple, with Brad Peacock (4-3, 2.56 ERA, 1.22 WHIP) taking the mound against the deGrominator Jacob deGrom (2-3, 4.87 ERA, 1.11 WHIP). Now 30, he's not as scary as last season.

Well, it didn't really work out well in the opener, and we fell 9-2. Peacock didn't have his best stuff, allowing 6 hits and 4 runs in 2.2 innings. He struck out 3 and didn't walk a batter. Luis D. Pedromo struggled, allowing 4 tuns off 4 hits in 1.1 innings, so he may be out of a job soon.

We didn't hit too well, jsut 6 hits, with only the vet Ian Kinsler recording more then 1. He tripled and singled. Ryon Healy and Tyler Saladino doubled, but there really wasn't anything else worth reporting on.

June 1st, 2019: Lewis Brinson was named the NL Rookie of the Month. He hit .292 with 6 doubles, 2 triples, and 5 homers. He drove in 25 tuns and scored 12 times.

The Jays took a big hit, losing Osuna for the rest of the year with a torn rotator cuff. The 24-year-old has racked up 131 saves already in his young career.

Game two took place between Colin McHugh (4-3, 4.40 ERA, 1.37 WHIP) and Matt Harvey (1-0, 4.15 ERA, 1.26 WHIP).

Let's just say it's hard to win a game when you allow 6 unearned runs in the 5th inning. Charlie Tilson made his first error of the year, which ruined McHugh's afternoon. In 4.2 innings, he gave up 6 hits and a walk, but who knows how much better his statline would be without the error. He struck out 3 in the 8-2 loss.

And we only had 2 hits, Tilson and Kinsler. Kinsler hit a solo shot off Matt Harvey in the 4th, and Brinson hit a sac fly in the 1st to drive in Tilson. Now, we're 26-26 and .500, as the Mets passed us for 3rd in the division.

June 2nd, 2019: Michael Pineda will miss 4-5 months with a sore shoulder. Then Twins righty missed all of last year with an injury, and he could miss the rest of this seaosn.

We had to salvage one victory in this series, but had to face the tough lefty Chris Sale (2-1, 1.74 ERA, 0.90 WHIP). We have a lefty of our own, Adalberto Mejia (2-5, 3.55 ERA, 1.25 WHIP). I gave the struggling Adeiny Hechavarria a day off in favor of Tyler Saladino. Saladino would hit 2nd and play short.

The game went 11 innings, where Peter Alonso hit a pinch hit, walk off, three run home run off Kevin Chapman to finish the sweep. This. Series. Sucked.

Mejia pitched alright, allowing 3 hits and 2 runs in 5 innings. He struck out 3, but walked 6. Jake Diekkman struck out the side in the 6th, but also walked 2 and allowed a hit. Phelps was charged with one of the three runs, the other two to Chapman, who threw 1 pitch (he intentionally walked Yoenis Cespedes) which was a first pitch homer as mentioned.

Lewis Brinson hit his 11th homer off Sale in the 6th. Miguel Rojas had a 3-for-4 game and walked once and stole a base. Ian Kinsler and Jett Bandy doubled. But none of it mattered, we were swept.

Mark Reynolds, now a Philly, hiy his 300th career home run in an 11-10 loss to the Red Sox at historical Fenway Park.

We were on to Baltimore, but I was far too upset to enjoy the trip. We wre swept by the Mets and now fell back under .500. Maybe this is more of what we're like as a team, and more losses could be in the future. We'd see Paul Fry (2-3, 4.50 EAR), Jesus Liranzo (0-0, 2.45 ERA), and Tanner Scott (3-3, 5.93 ERA). None of these names scared me, so we could possibly sweep the 21-33 O's and break even for the road trip before finishing it with 4 in Philly. The Draft is also almost here, taking place on the last day of the Orioles series.

June 3rd, 2019: The Jays took another pitching hit, losing Marcus Stroman for the year with a bone spur in his elbow. OOTP is not too kind to Stroman, as he hasn't had much success and has dealt with two rough injuries. He left his first start after a compete game loss to the Orioles after finishing rehab from a torn UCL.

Ouch, back down to 20th in the Power Rankings, more familiar territory.

Zack Wheeler (3-2, 3.05 ERA, 1.24 WHIP) was greeted by Paul Fry (2-3, 4.50 ERA, 1.38 WHIP) at Camden Yards.

We were shut down, dropping 2-1 after former Oriole Brad Brach was walked off of in the 11th after pitching a perfect 10th.

Wheeler went 5.2 innings with 4 hits, 1 walk, 6 strike outs and an unearned run. So you're telling me we should have won 1-0? Not loset 2-1 in 11 innings? Man...

The worst part is we had 11 hits, and only managed 1 run. Charlie Tilson came off the bench and went 2-for-2 after pinch hitting for DH Ryon Healy. Anthony Alford doubled twice in 6 at bats. Ian Kinsler drove in the lone run and was 2-for-4. Teoscar Hernandez doubled and scored, while Tyler Saladino tripled in the 7th inning in a 2-for-5 day.

June 4th, 2019: The Brewers were next in line to make a bad offer for Drew Steckenrider. I know we've lost a bunch in a row, but I'm not moving him for a teenager with no potential.

Okay, we had to win this one. Jordan Montomgery (4-2, 2.98 ERA, 1.11 WHIP) was taking on Tanner Scott (3-3, 5.93 ERA, 2.12 WHIP). If we lost this one, I honestly don't know what I'd do...

Luckily, we don't have to find out...

Montgomery didn't earn the win, but allowed just 2 in 6 innings. He allowed 5 hits, 3 walks, and then struck out 8. He left with a no decision, but we were down 2-0 when he left. We scored 1 in the 7th and then 3 in the 8th, and secured the 4-2 win. Barraclough got the win, Blevins the hold, and shockinlgy Pedromo the save. All three pitchers were perfect, no hits or walks allowed. Barraclough struch out 1, the only one between them. Brach was too tired to close, so shockingly Pedromo did.

Ryon Healy was responsible for the 7th inning run, a solo shot. Jett Bandy scored and drove in a run with his 8th inning double. He walked as well. Saladino had a pair of hits and scored, and Hernandez walked twice and scored.

Phew, we finally won a game. It felt really, really nice. And tommorow is the Amateur Draft!

June 4th, 2019: Brad Peacock (4-4, 3.09 ERA, 1.27 WHIP) took on Jesus Liranzo (0-0, 2.45 ERA, 0.95 WHIP) in the rubber match.

Today was nice, we picked up 2 in the 1st and then a whopping 6 in the 5th. I think that's more then the whole Mets series...

Peacock allowed just 2 in 7 innings (both runs in the 7th), which is longer then he usually goes. He allowed 5 hits and 2 walks, while striking out 7. Pedromo finished the game. It wasn't pretty, he allowed 3 hits and 2 walks, but we still won 8-2. And we're back to .500.

Shockingly, we had just 9 hits, considering we've had 10+ with just a single run. We really made the most of those 9 hits. Alford had 3 of them, in cluding a pair of doubles, a run scored, and 3 RBI's, with a walk. Joe Mauer doubled home arun and scored twice. Lewis Brinson and Ian Kinsler both hit two run homers for their only hits of the game.

Another vet hit his 300th homer, this time the Mets Jay Bruce in a 5-3 win.

So we were able to salvage the series before heading to Philly for four. If we sweep, we can narrow the gap between us from five to one. Sadly, Atlanta (0.5) and the Mets (4.5) are still ahead, so they'd probably hop the Phils if we sweep.

On to the draft, which will be a special, Amateur Draft edition post!
Old 04-06-2018, 05:42 PM   #49
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

Amateur Draft Review

Below will be all the picks I make along with a few useful pieces of information about the players that are lucky enough to be selected to join the Miami Marlins organization. I didn't have 80 players in the GCL this time, and actually had 14 spots that needed to be filled.

There is exactly one player that I want to take with my first, first round pick. His name is C.J. Abrams. If either the Royals or the White Sox take him, I'm going to be so mad.

The Royals first pick: SP Nick Lodolo. Now, he's good, but according to my scout, not enough for #1 overall. But that's good, since only Abrams is. OSA loves him, a 5* potential. My scout just has him at 3.5. He's got great stuff, good movement, and solid control. His stuff is elite enough that it can carry him to the middle of a rotation.

The White Sox Pick: I hate the White Sox. I hate the White Sox so much. So, so, so, so much. Not only did they score three runs off Aaron Sanchez, they just took C.J. Abrams. I need a moment to compose myself...

Luckily, there is an okay replacement who has risen up my draft boards through intense scouting. I settled on a young middle infielder from Florida.

1st Round, 3rd Overall: 2B Tyler Callihan (4.5*): I grabbed the young high schooler from Providence High School in Jacksnoville. Let's focus on the good, since Callihan is still a really good player, and actually, is real and not a fictional generated guy. Callihan has an elite bat for contact, but not too much power, and has a great eye. He has the potential to be a "producitve regular on a contending team." He's also signing for below slot, which is great.

Ok, big problem, I didn't get a rollover pick, which sucks. And it looks like no one else did. Don't know why that happened, but I guess I just have to take it like it is, and cry a little, since Hankins didn't sign and now I only got 1 first round pick.

2nd Round, 40th Overall: SP Jaheim Meggett (3.5*): He's the only no impossible guy left with more then 3* potential. The Texas prep arm has excellent stuff and control, along with a ton of stamina so he can go deep into games. He has ace potential, but occasionally relies too much on his excellent change up.

3rd Round, 88th Overall: CF Steve Catterton (3*): He's got the range for center, but is more comftorable in right, but his arm would fare better in center then right. He's got great speed and is an overall good hitter. He's not great at anything, but above average for eye, power, and contact. He's not going to be a perennial All Star, but he's definitely a good option for an outfielder.

4th Round, 1115th Overal: SP Joe Sheridan (2.5*): I had to take him, I just had to. Joe Sheridan goes to the same college that I do, the University of Central Florida. I've seen him pitch numerous times, and he's is downright nasty as a left handed thrower. His curve is by far his best pitch, but he won't blow you away with the fastball. Another Florida native, he's not ace material by any means, but he's a good enough pitcher that will have a nice long career. I see left handed Brad Peacock in him with slightly worse stuff.

5th Round, 145th Overall: CF Chad Greyerbiehl (3*): Another guy who's more comftorable in right then center, but is actually better suited in center, Greyerbiehl has a great speed and power mix. He's got a great eye, walking more times then he strikes out, and definitely has the profile of an above average player.

The blurbs will be a bit shorter now with the later round picks.

6th Round, 175th Overall: SP Keylan Killgore (2.5): He's really average, but average is good. The Wichita State lefty can be a solid big league starter.
7th Round, 205th Overall: SP Joe Stapleton (2.5): Great stuff, including a devestating curveball. He's got control problems, and not the best movement. Still, solid starter in his future.
8th Round, 235th Overall: LF Jamie Ross: Slim Pickings left, Ross can play all three spots with great speed. He's a big swing and a miss power threat. Think faster Chris Carter.
9th Round, 265th Overall: RF Steve Dieudonne (3): Said he won't sign, but the lefty has massive power as well, if he connects. Not the best contact hitter.
10th Round, 295th Overall: SS Brody Cook (2): Solid defensive middle infielder with good speed. His bat won't kill you either.
11th Round, 325th Overall: SP Cameron Kovachik (2): None of his tools jump out of you, but he has 4 decent pitches. He reminds me of pre-injury Dillon Peters.
12th Round, 355th Overall: RF Steve Marbley (2.5): Said he won't sign. Plays the corners, good speed, good eye, okay power, but swings and misses a lot.
13th Round, 385th Overall: RF Kyle Jacobsen (2): 33rd round pick of Milwaukee back in 2017, he's got great speed and is an excellent defender. He's very developed, and can make the big league jump quick.
14th Round, 415th Overall: RF Christian Bullock (2): I know, I've grabbed a lot of outfielders, but I'm actually really low in the farm. He's a solid defender with great speed. Not the best bat, but again, won't kill you.
15th Round, 445th Overall: SP Mike O'Dell (2): Won't sign. Interesting two way player. His pitches don't move to well, but he's got pinpoint control.
16th Round, 475th Overall: 2B Luis Madrid (2): The middle infielder from Puerto Rico is just as fast as most guys I've grabbed, but has a big contact and power bat. He can play short, but doesn't have the arm.
17th Round, 505th Overall: SP Josh Reynolds (2): He's got great stuff and can pitch deep into games. He needs to work on his control, but the lefty can fill a spot start role.
18th Round, 535th Overall: SP Jared Prentiss (2): Very similar to Reynolds and also a lefty.
19th Round, 565th Overall: SP Josh Green (1.5): Won't sign. Has a nice 4 pitch arsenal, but doesn't get much movement.
20th Round, 871st Overall: CF Wil Dalton (1.5): The game doesn't know he went to Florida, but I watched him play UCF earlier this year. He popped up the first pitch of the game, and it just kept carrying over the fence. He was selected by the O's back in 2016 in the 29th round. Honestly surprised he fell this far.
21st Round, 625th Overall: LF Chris Cirrincione (1.5): He's got speed and a great eye, but not too much else going for him. We've reached that stage in the draft.
22nd Round, 655th Overall: C Denim Pennamon (2): He won't sign. Not the best defender behind the plate, but has a great eye and power.
23rd Round, 685th Overall: 1B eremy Strickland: Won't sign. All bat and no defense. His power is amazing, and is just a great hitter. I can see him jumping the boards when he finished college.
24th Round, 715th Overall: RP Andrew Ciolli (2): He was a 40th round selection back in 2016 with the Reds. He wasn't drafted last year, but I picked him this year. Nothing special, just a righty for the pen.
25th Round, 745th Overall: 3B Liam Abraham (1.5): Won't sign. Great speed, great arm, average bat.
26th Round, 775th Overall: SP Matt McGarry (1.5): Doesn't quite have the stamina to stay a starter. He could, however, pick up a gold glove.
27th Round, 805th Overall: CF Jorge Gaitan (1.5): Won't sign. The Puerto Rican has blinding speed, and a good bat with now power. He can play the outfield well too.
28th Round, 835th Overall: SS Tyshawn Nedrick (1.5): Won't sign. No contact, massive power. He's got decent speed too.
29th Round, 865th Overall: CF Steve McCornell (1.5): We're running out of guys with more then 1* potential. McCornell can stick in center, has good speed with no stelaing ability, and no bat.
30th Round, 895th Overall: 2B Juan Motalvo (1.5): A lot like Madrid. Big bat, not much fielding ability. Although this Puerto Rican isn't nearly as fast.
31st Round, 925th Overall: 3B Rylan Thomas (1.5): Another UCF player I see play all the time! He's extremely underrated, and not a third basemen. He hits massive homers, but I needed to grab him for the sentimental effects.
32nd Round, 955th Overall: SP Juan Acevedo (0.5): Won't sign, and not interested. I've filled all my needed spots and don't really need much of what is left.
33rd Overall, 985th Overall: SS Cole Daily (1.5): Blinding speed and excellent defense. He's Andrelton Simmons if Simmons hit .200.
34th Overall, 1,015th Overall: 3B Juan Rivera (1.5): Not the former below average outfielder, but he's relatively similar. He could sign if I throw him $2,200,000, but not too much chance. He's a really good hitter, but has an awful eye.
35th Round, 1,045 Overall: SP Mike McIlravy (0.5): He's more of a reliever, but he'll have time to work in college.
36th Round, 1,075th Overall: C Omari Rugley (0.5): Won't sign. He's got a decent bat for a catcher, and won't kill you behind the plate.
37th Round, 1,105th Overall: C Greg Powers (1.5): He's a weird player, no contact, but a good eye. Not too good at catcher either. He's got decent pop.
38th Overall, 1,135th Overall: CL Omari Poullard (1.5): He has three pitches, but 1 is a 1 rated change up. He could be a desperation pen arm.
39th Round, 1,165th Overall: SP Ben Andrews (0.5): He won't sign, but we're from the same hometown and has a cool nickname, Dragoon.
40th Round, 1,195th Overall: CF E.P. Reese (1.5): More of a left fielder, he's got great speed and is good defensively, but lacks a bat.

That wraps it up! Not nearly a strong pool as last year, but there are some bright spots. A lot of prep guys, especially at the beginning of the draft. All the draftees went to GCL, except RF Kyle Jacobsen, who will suit up in A- Batavia.

Next up, the 1st place Phillies!
Old 04-06-2018, 09:43 PM   #50
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

June 6th-June 15th

June 6th, 2019: Colin McHugh (4-4, 4.08 ERA, 1.38 WHIP) who was in need of a bounce back start had to deal with Ben Lively (4-3, 4.58 ERA, 1.33 WHIP) and the unfair Phillies offense.

McHugh kept them at bay, but left in the 5th. In 4.2 innings, he allowed 5 hits, and a single run. He walked 4 and struck out 7. Former Phillie Jake Dieman, however, could not, allowing 2 in 1.2 innings, earning the loss in a 3-1 final.

Worst part? We had just 1 hit on a Lewis Brinson single.

June 7th, 2019: Game two saw Adalberto Mejia (2-4, 3.55 ERA, 1.30 WHIP) take on Tyson Ross (2-3, 6.48 ERA, 1.56 WHIP). I gave the cold Adeiny Hechavarria a day off in favor of Tyler Saladino.

Mejia was crusing in the 4th, but left with 2 outs. He allowed just 2 hits and 1 strike out. He'd head to the DL with a mild hamstring strain that will cost him 2 weeks at minimum. I'd bring someone up tommorow to fill his rotation spot. The pen was far from great, but Jerry Blevins was the worse, allowing 4 runs on 3 hits and a walk, without getting an out. I'd have to find a taker for him...

Eventually, both teams limped to the 9th, in a 6-6 tie game. Brad Brach, our closer, was put in for the 9th, and struck out the side. Somewhat lucky for us, Teoscar Hernandez drove in a run in the top of the 10th, to give us a 7-6 lead. Sadly, Brach already was in the game, and that's who Hernandez pinch hit for. Kevin Chapman came into the 9th and walked a batter, but didn't allow him to score, earning his 2nd save.

We hit well, 12 hits to their 9, and guess who was player of the game? None other then Tyler Saladino! It seems like when I make little moves like starting someone over someone else, it ends up working. Saladino raised his average to .330 with a 4-for-5 performance. He homered, his first, scored 3 times, and drove in 2 runs (both on the homer). Ian Kinsler had a pair of hits including a double, and score twice. Lewis Brinson doubled as well. We stole three bases, credited to Saladino, Kinsler, and Joe Mauer. Saladino did make an error, but we can forget about that.

The Mets Dominic Smith was the next recipiant of a 5-for-5 game, in a 8-3 win over the Rockies at Coors Field. The first basemen was a triple shy of the cycle.

A pair of players hit their 300th home run today. Chris David and Joey Votto both went deep today.

June 8th, 2019: Lefty Adam Conley earned the callup. He wasn't having the best season in AAA, 2-4 with a 4.80 ERA and 1.53 WHIP, but he has the most experience of the guys in AAA.

Southpaw Joe Sheridan agreed to his $240,000 signing bonus, and will be sent to the GCL squad to start his professional career.

Game three of four saw Zack Wheeler (3-2, 2.78 ERA, 1.21 WHIP) take on Aaron Nola (5-4, 3.52 ERA, 1.13 WHIP).

Wheeler definitely wasn't himself, allowing 8 runs in 4 innings off 7 hits and 2 walks. He did, however, strike out 5. Luis Pedromo and Jerry Blevins finished off the game. Pedromo was much better, allowing just a single hit and he struck out 4.

We managed 9 hits, but it only lead to 2 runs in the 8-2 loss. Kinsler and Brinson had a pair of hits while Anthony Alford scored and drove in a run on a pinch hit double in the 5th. Brinson also stole his 7th bag on the year, and we didn't take advantage of the Phillies two errors.

June 9th, 2019: The first round of All-Star votes came back, and our very own Brad Brach was leading all relief pitchers in the NL with 249,648. In 4th place, was Drew Steckenrider with 216,918.

We looked to escape with a split, as Jordan Montgomery (4-2, 2.98 ERA, 1.13 WHIP) faced off against Drew Hutchison (1-0, 1.50 ERA, 1.00 WHIP). Bryce Harper was luckily not in the lineup today.

Montgomery allowed 3 in the 2nd, but settled down, and finished 5 innings. He allowed 3 hits and 3 walks, but struck out just 2. We put up 5 in the top of the 6th to take a 5-3 lead, giving Montgomery a shot at the win. 4 of the runs were unearned due to a pair of Phillies errors. The pen was sharp, with David Phelps, Pedromo, and Steckesaurus picking up holds. Steck struck out 4 in his 2 innings of work. Brad Brach slammed the door in the 9th, striking out 2 in a perfect frame, and captured his 14th save of the year.

We only managed 8 hits, and Brinson was the only Marlin with more then 1. Anthony Alford doubled and Charlie Tilson tripled. We only had 3 RBI's since 2 of the runs were scored off the error. Jett Bandy was responsible for driving in a pair.

We left Philly with a split, but the Braves soared passed them, now 6.5 games ahead of us. Philly is 1.5 back, but the 1st wild card spot. We're 4.5 behind the D'Backs who have cooled down a bit. We had a day off tommorow to return home.

June 9th, 2019: 3rd rounder Steve Catterton signed his $360,000 signing bonus and will report to Miami GCL. He'd get looks at all three outfield positions.

Somehow we've jumped in the power rankings, now up to 13th. I guess they gave us resepect for the way we played the Phillies tough in Philadelphia.

Another 5-for-5 game as Corey Seager and the Dodgers crushed the Phils 14-3.

Looking ahead we had two games hosting the Blue Jays before another off day. We'd see former Marlin Dan Straily (2-1, 4.23 ERA) and Ervin Santana (4-4, 5.14 ERA).

June 11th, 2019: 2nd Rounder Jaheim Megget agreed to his over-slot $2,400,000 signign bonus. The southpaw would get to show off his devestating change up (97 potential) to GCL hitters.

Santana (4-4, 5.14 ERA, 1.43 WHIP) skipped ahead and would face Brad Peacock (5-4, 3.03 ERA, 1.24 WHIP) to start the brieft two game series.

Peacock didn't pitch well, lasting just 2.1 innings, allowing 4 runs, 4 walks, and 3 hits. He struck out 3. We used basically the whole pen, and they allowed 3 runs in the 7th, and we fell 7-4.

Charlie Tilson was a longball away from the cycle, 3-for-5 with a run scored and two driven in. Ian Kinsler had a single and a triple, while Tyler Saladino doubled as well. It sucked dropping the opener, but we'd have to get them back tommorow.

June 12th, 2019: #3 Overall Pick Tyler Callihan signed his affordable $1.4 million signing bonus. I'm still mad about not getting Abrams, but Callihan has jumped to a 5* in his gradual climb. If scout Stan Meek is right, I still got a good pick. Callihan would get reps at second, but eventually I might try him out in RF. 5th rounder Chad Greyerbiehl also agreed to his bonus, a small $150,000 check. That marks the last of my top 5 signings, and this officially closes the book on the 2019 draft class. I signed 26 out of 40 picks

The Twins will be without rookie Tyler Jay for the rest of the season. The former top prospect will miss 14 months with a torn flexor tendon.

Colin McHugh (4-4, 3.93 ERA, 1.41 WHIP) got the ball in the rubber match against Dan Straily (2-1, 4.23 ERA, 1.61 WHIP). We needed to earn the split, a home sweep would be terrible.

McHugh was aided by 2 in the 1st, and allowed just 2 of his own through 6. He allowed 5 hits, a walk, and struck out an impressive (for him) 7. His only blemish was a Russell Martin 2 run shot. We scored 4 in the bottom of the 6th, and held the 6-2 lead the rest of the game. Jake Diekman, Kyle Barraclough, and Brad Brach combined for 3 no-hit innings of relief work.

We managed 11 hits, 10 singles and an Adieny Hechavarria double. He was 3-for-4 with a run driven in and two runs scored. He hasn't been the best of late, so this could be a turn around for him. Miguel Rojas and Kinsler both had a pair of hits, while Kinsler scored once and Rojas drove home 2. The split was earned, and we got to rest before hosting the Padres.

June 13th, 2019: Looking ahead, we had 3 with the Padres, an off day, 2 in New York against the Yankees, and then another off day. These off days would have been really helpful earlier in the year...

I got bored, and dangerously shopped Jerry Blevins. One trade could open the flood gates. Well, one more.

Let's just say, jackpot! For some reason, the Twins wanted him badly. I wanted both Kohl Stewart and John Curtiss, but GM Thad Levine said "He'd think about it" and I didn't want him to come to his senses, so I settled for just John Curtiss.

Curtiss, 26, is a 3/3.5* reliever with amazing stuff, and solid control and movement. He's got a nice 3/4 wind up and his slider is absolutely nasty. He's a team leader with set up to closer potential. This season he's 3-1 with a 4.19 ERA and 1.49 WHIP. He doesn't have the best track record, but I had faith in the righty. He'd work the 7th for us now.

He'd be ready to debut against the Padres, as we faced Joel De La Cruz (2-8, 6.99 ERA), Clayton Richard (2-5, 5.03 ERA), and Dinelson Lamet (4-2, 3.70 ERA). We look like the better team, even with our 31-31 record, since they are 27-35. We needed to sweep if we wanted to try to make the playoffs. It's early, but we can't keep splitting series or winning 2 of 3 and then losing 2 of 3.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:40 AM   #51
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

June 14th-June 20th

*Accidentally messed up the last posts title, it should read "June 6th-June 13th" but it wouldn't let me change it.

June 14th, 2018: Zack Wheeler (3-3, 3.67 ERA, 1.27 WHIP) hosted Joel De La Cruz (2-8, 6.99 ERA, 1.55 WHIP) and the Padres in the season opener. 8 hits lead to just 1 run, and we dropped the opener 2-1.

Wheeler pitched well, 2 runs in 7 innings off 5 hits and 3 walks and strikeouts. Drew Steckenrider and Brad Brach pitched scorless innings in relief, but we couldn't get anything off a subpar starter.

Leadoff hitter Charlie Tilson had 3 hits, while Ryon Healy doubled and Miguel Rojas tripled. Tilson had the only RBI, driving in Healy in the 5th inning. Both Rojas and Steckesaurus made errors, but neither lead to runs.

June 15th, 2019: We looked to bounce back with Jordan Montgomery (5-2, 3.15 ERA, 1.14 WHIP) on the mound. The Padres countered with Dinelson Lamet (4-2, 3.70 ERA, 1.37 WHIP). Both pitchers are just 26 year of age.

Hold your breath again... Montgomery left after 2 innings with an injury. Then pen had to pick up the slack, as Luis Perdomo was excellent against his former team, just 1 run in 4 innings off 3 hits, 2 walks, and he struck out 3. Jake Diekman blew the save, allowing 2 runs without getting an out, but new Marlin John Curtiss tossed a scorless 7th and we took the lead. Steck allowed a run, but we were up 6-3. Brach closed the door in the 9th, earning save 15, and we took game 2 6-4.

Raudy Reed hit a 3 run homer off Kevin McGrath in the 7th. He's had a bad year, not only did Jett Bandy take his job, but he's hitting below .200. Maybe this could be a spark? Ian Kinsler went 2-for-3 with a run scored, and he and Anthony Alford stole their 7th base of the year. Kinsler, however, was also caught stealing once.

Ramiel Tapia of the Rockies had a 5-hit game in a 4-3 loss to the Giants at AT&T Park.

June 16th, 2019: All-Star check up: Brach is still 1st and Steck 4th. Brach has 419,238 votes, and his trailers are Trevor Gott (397,225) and Andrew Miller (393,616). Steck has 364,993 votes.

Adam Conley made his season debut in the finale of this four game set against Clayton Richard (2-5, 5.03 ERA, 1.50 WHIP). It might be his last, as he allowed 4 in 5 innnings. 7 hits, 2 walks, and 4 strikeouts in the 6-3 loss to the Padres.

Kevin Chapman pitched the last 2 innings, and suffered neck stiffness. He'll be out for just 3 days at most.

Ryon Healy swung the bat well, a double and homer in 4 trips to the plate. He scored twice and drove in himself. Teoscar Hernandez had 2 hits as well, but considering we lost, not too many bright spots in this one. We'd have tommorow off, before heading to New York to play the Yankees.

June 17th, 2019: So, I'd say our season might be over. Ace Jordan Montgomery strained his forearm, and will miss 3 months of the season. The young lefty was a rock at the top of the rotation, 5-2 with a 3.07 ERA and 1.15 WHIP, striking out 62 and walking 21 in 73.1 quality innings of work. I'd have to call someone up tommorow to add to the rotation.

A new batch of power rankings were released, and we came in at 16th place. I'd expect us to keep falling.

Lorenzo Cain was a perfect 4-for-4 with a cycle. Sadly for his team, the Brewers lost 8-6 to the Rockeis.

Looking ahead to the Yankees, we'd be there for two games before another off day. We'd see Mashiaro Tanaka (3-2, 3.69 ERA) and former Miami Marlin Zack Godley (5-3, 4.02 ERA).

June 17th, 2019: Brent Suter got the call from the minors to replace Montgomery in the rotation. Down in New Orleans, the 29-year-old southpaw 1as 3-4 with a 3.93 ERA and 1.40 WHIP. He struck out 46 batters and walked 18. He joined the organization in the offseason on a MLB pact of just $900,000.

The Indians lost rookie Aaron Civale for the rest of the year. A torn elbow ligament would sideline the 24-year-old who debuted this year.

Brad Peacock (5-4, 3.48 ERA, 1.30 WHIP) took the mound in the Bronx against Mashiaro Tanaka (3-2, 3.69 ERA, 0.98 WHIP). If Stanton was healthy, the Yanks OF would be Stanton-Blackmon-Judge. That's devestating. Ironically, the Rockies decided to give D.J. Lemaheiu a nice extenstion instead of Blackmon in this universe.

This game was long, lasting 12 innings. We topped the Bronx Bombers 4-3 in 12 innings and outhit them 11-6 (also had an error and they didn't). Adeiny Hechavarria hit an RBI single off Alex Colome.

Peacock wasn't great, allowing a pair of homers and 3 runs in 5.1 innings. He gave up 4 hits and 3 walks, while striking out just 3. The pen combined for 6.2 shutout innings, with only Brad Brach allowing a hit (2). Brach didn't do too great, walking two as well. Kevin Chapman pitched the last 2.2 innings, walking 2 and striking out 1. The error was charged to Ryon Healy, but it didn't matter.

We had 10 singles and a Jett Bandy double. Hech was 3-for-5 with 2 RBI's and a run scored. Bandy and Charlie Tilson had a pair of hits in 6 trips, with the former driving in two. Anthony Alford added a stolen base.

I took a brief look at our team stats. Ofeensively, we are awful. We are dead last in 7 categories, 12th or lower in two more, and then 4th in strikeouts (512) and 5th in steals (46). On the pitching side, it's much difference. We're 1st in Starters' ERA (3.55), hits allowed (516), OPP AVG (.235), BABIP (.281), and defensive efficiency (.706), as well as 2nd in ERA (3.63) and runs allowed (260). We've given up just 70 homers which is good for 3rd. The only non-top 3 rankins are pen ERA (3.74) in 6th, walks (262) in 14th, and strikeouts with 561, good for 8th. Ironically, despite allowing the 2nd least runs, we have a negative run differential. Allowed 260, scored 244).

June 19th, 2019: Adalberto Mejia is healthy, and will start rehab in AAA. This season he's 2-5 with a 3.31 ERA and 1.25 WHIP after being claimed off waivers from the Twins.

We looked to pick up the quick 2-game sweep, but Sonny Gray (6-3, 3.38 ERA, 1.05 WHIP) skipped ahead of Godley. We'd send Colin McHugh (5-4, 3.86 ERA, 1.38 WHIP) to the mound. Lewis Brinson has falled into a little cold streak, and today would be the perfect time for a great game.

McHugh allowed 4 in 4.1 innings, while giving up 8 hits and 1 walk. He struck out and allowed the same amount of homers (3). We dropped the finale 4-3. Brinson did record a hit, a triple, and scored.

Anthony Alford and Hech were both 2-for-4. Alford also scored twice and stole his 9th base of the year. Every hitter in the game except C Raudy Read had a hit. Teoscar Hernandez, Ian Kinsler, and Joe Mauer all doubled home runs.

June 20th, 2019: We sat at 33-34, and headed to Tampa Bay for 3 with the Rays, before an off day. We then faced another AL East opponent, the Orioles, back home for 3. Niether team is very good, so perhaps we could win at least 4 games during this string of games.

Around the league, no team is hotter then the Cleveland Indians, who have now won 13 in a row. At 46-23,they have a 14.5 game lead over the Royals. No other team in the Central, even the defending champion Twins, are above .500.

We had favorable matchups in the Florida rivalry: Kyle Bird (0-4, 5.03 ERA), Chris Archer (4-4, 4.98 ERA), and Travis Ott (2-1, 7.91 ERA). I plaed a claim on C Luis Torrens, who I could use to replace the struggling Read. The 23-year-old haslittle MLB experience, but he's a great defender and perhaps Read could rediscover himself in the minors.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:10 PM   #52
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

June 21st-June 27th

June 21st, 2019: We opened the Florida rivalry with Zack Wheeler (3-4, 3.57 ERA, 1.26 WHIP) against rookie Kyle Bird (0-4, 5.03 ERA, 1.22 WHIP). Bird probably won't last more then 5 innings, he's got nearly no stamina. Justin Williams is hitting .321 with 13 HR's and 34 RBI's, really impressive for the young lefty.

My exper opinion was wrong, as Bird thre just 72 pitches, but finished 6. Wow, we really must've did bad...

Wheeler allowed 5 in 3.2 innings, and just when it looked like Luis Perdomo was making headway, he gave up 5 runs in 0.2 innings. He walked 4 and gave up 2 hits. Back to Wheeler, he allowed 8 hits, 2 walks, and struck out just 2, in the 10-5 loss.

We only had 6 hits, including Jett Bandy and Tyler Saladino homers. Both drove in 2, although one of Badny's was on the sac-fly. He was actually 1-for-1 with a walk and hit by pitch. Teoscar Hernandez swiped one bag while Charlie Tilson swiped 2, but we didn't have much offense today.

Indians SS Francisco Lindor has a nice 20 game hit streak.

June 22nd, 2019: My Luis Torrens claim went through, sending Raudy Reed to AAA. Torrens himself has options too.

The Braves wanted Brad Brach, and I just flat out said no. Didn't even look at the offer.

Adam Conley (0-1, 7.29 ERA, 1.80 WHIP) got today's start against the veteran Chris Archer (4-4, 4.98 ERA, 1.42 WHIP). Torrens was available off the bench.

Yeah Conley is going to AAA... 7 runs in 2.1 innings isn't going to cut it. Especially with 4 walks. We lost 9-3 and I just really don't want to talk about it...

Instead, I'll talk about Joey Gallo, who went 5-for-6 with a cycle in the Rangers 15-5 win over the Royals. He had 2 homers, a solo shot and three run shot.

June 23rd, 2019: The Nationals lost Stephen Strasburg for the year with a torn ulnar collateral ligament. If his career wasn't already over, Strasburg is going to look even worse then he already has. There's no way he opts out now, and the $45,000,000 at the end of the contract in 2023 is going to be a real hassle.

I didn't have any good options to replace Conley, as all my AAA options had really high ERA's or weren't on the 40. I'd tackle that issue on the off day tommorow.

Brent Suter made his season debut against Travis Ott (2-1, 7.91 ERA, 1.66 WHIP. Torrens was in the lineup for the first time as a Marlin as we looked to avoid the sweep.

Suter earned himself another start, pitching a scorless 5.2 innings with just 5 hits and a walk. He struck out only one Ray hitter, but he's not really a big strikeout pitcher. He picked up the win as we limited the Rays offense to 1 run, and scored 7 of our own.

Torrens went 1-for-4 with a homer and 3 RBI's. He also struck out twice. We hit a lot of homers, as Ryon Healy, Anthony Alford, and Ian Kinsler also went deep. Adeiny Hechavarria doubled in a 2-for-4 game and scored twice.

June 24th, 2019: We're down to 17th in the power rankings now. With that information in hand, we head back home and awaited the Orioles.

I decided to shop Adam Conley around, and got a lot of intriguing offers. The best offer by far came from the Rockies, SS Garrett Hampson. The 24-year-old is a 2.5/3.5 who makes a lot of contact and has blazing speed. He's good in the infield, and can play a little outfield with more practice. The final offer was one I really liked, moving Conley and LF Boo Vazquez (0.5) for Hampson and Jeff Hoffman (2.5).

Hoffman, the former Blue Jay farm hand who joined the Rockies in the Troy Tuloqitzki trade will join the rotation. This year he's 1-1 with a 3.14 ERA and 1.43 WHIP in the annyoing Coors Field. I think I got a steal here, even though the Assistant GM didn't like it.

To boost Hampson's versatility, I'm trying him out in CF for New Orleans.

June 25th, 2019: The Cubs will be without Jon Lester for the rest of the year. He stretched an elbow ligmanet, which will mark the end of the 35-year-old's season.

I made a roster move, seding Pedromo down to AAA and bringing up Nick Rumbelow. Rumbelow has a 2.25 ERA with 19 strike outs and 7 saves in 16 innings.

Brad Peacock (3-4, 4.82 ERA, 1.35 WHIP) was on the mound to host Paul Fry (3-4, 4.82 ERA, 1.35 WHIP) and the Orioles.

The opener lasted 10 innings, but 13 hits and 3 runs was enough to edge the O's 3-2.

Peacock allowed 2 on 6 innings with 5 hits and 5 strikeouts. Brach, against his former team, tossed 2 scorless to earn the win.

Shockingly, all 13 hits were singles. Lewis Brinson finally started to heat up, starting 2-for-2 with a run driven in, but got hurt on the basepahts. Replacement Miguel Rojas went 3-for-3 with an RBI, meaningthe 4th spot and LF's combined for a 5-for-5 game. Teoscar Haernandez and oe Mauer had a pair of hits as well.

Another 20 game hitting streak, this time CF Andrew Toles of the Diamondbacks.

June 26th, 2019: The Angles offered LHP Andersson Espinal for Zack Wheeler. Espinal isn't good, so an easy rejection even if I wanted to move Wheeler.

The Orioles traded RHP Brandon Kline to the Indians for CF Greg Allen. Nothing major here, and in my scout's eyes it looks like an even trade. That's only the 4th trade all season, and the first one that didn't involve me.

Greg Allen wasn't in the lineup for Balrimore today, as Collin McHugh (5-5, 4.10 ERA, 1.42 WHIP) took on Kevin Gadea (0-8, 9.88 ERA, 2.12 WHIP). We had to win this game. Brinson was out of the lineup, with Charlie Tilson taking his spot.

We lost 6-2, and that loser shut us down for 6 innings. 2 hits and 2 walks, while striking out 8. Unbelievable.

Our problem was the 4 run 8th. McHugh was solid, just 2 in 7+ innings, allowing 4 hits, and 3 walks and strikeouts. Rumbelow made his season debut and first big league action since 2015, and alowed a run in the 9th.

Adeiny Hechavarria and Ian Kinsler doubled, while Hech singled as well. He was the only Marlin with more then 1 hit, although we managed just 5. We'd look to win the series tommorow.

Just a day later, the Cubs snapped Toles' hitting streak. He went 0-for-5 in an 8-1 win.

June 26th, 2019: Brinson's diagnosis is back, and he strained his anterior curciate ligament. This will cost the speedster 6 weeks, and is a huge blow to a possible Rookie of the Year candidate. I recalled Braxton Lee from AAA to take his roster spot. This will be his 2nd stint in the big leauges. Now we've lost our best pitcher and hitter for significant time...

Jeff Hoffman (1-1, 3.14 ERA, 1.43 WHIP) made his Marlins debut against Tanner Scott (4-3, 4.50 ERA, 1.91 WHIP). Greg Allen, recently acquired from the Indians, made his Orioles debut in CF, while batting leadoff.

Can you say perfect debut? Hoffman went 7 innings, allowed just 4 hits and 3 walks, while striking out 8 in a 6-0 victory. Phelps and Rumbelow pitched hitless 8th and 9th, both walking one, while the latter struck out the side. With all the practice at Coors Field, Hoffman showed off his hitting ability with an RBI double. Jett Bandy doubled as well.

Hech was a perfect 3-for-3 with a run driven in and 2 scored, along with a walk. Anthony Alford and Joe Mauer had two hits a piece, but Brinson's replacement Charlie Tilson was hurt on a defensive play. He sprained his finger, and will miss 3 weeks.

I was really hurting for outfielders, with Brinson and minor leaguer Magneuris Sierra already on the DL. I called up 3B Brian Anderson, and set him to play in left for the time being. I might try Saladino out there if needed.

Now 36-37, we'd host the 27-48 Natoinals. Now we really needed a sweep. We'd face Tanner Roark (4-4, 4.40 ERA), Max Scherzer (6-2, 3.63 ERA), and Mike Leake (4-8, 4.79 ERA).
Old 04-08-2018, 07:20 PM   #53
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

June 28th-July 3rd

June 28th, 2019: The Indians will be without Andrew McCuthen for the rest of the season with a torn ACL. Now in his third organization, McCutchen was having a fine season, slashing .283 with 9 homers and 43 RBI's.

We opened up the series with Zack Wheeler (3-5, 3.97 ERA, 1.32 WHIP) against Tanner Roark (4-4, 4.40 ERA, 1.39 WHIP).

Wheeler was great, allowing just 1 off 3 hits and walks, while striking out 5. He earned his 4th win as we topped the Nats 6-3. Brad Brach got his 16th save of the year, striking out the side in a perfect 9th inning.

We hit well, as newcomer Brian Anderson, Ian Kinsler, and Ryon Healy had a pair of hits. Kinsler had two doubles, the other two singles. Tyler Saladino drove in 3 on a base clearing double in the 4th. We scored 5 total run sin that 4th inning, with Anderson and Teoscar Hernandez driving in the other two.

Francisco Lindor's hitting streak is now up to 25, after recording a hit in a 4-3 victory over the Tigers.

June 29th, 2019: The Mets lost rookie Andrew Church for the rest of the year with a stretched elbow ligament. The 24-year-old struggled in 4 starts, allowing 17 runs in 17.1 innings.

Brent Suter (1-0, 0.00 ERA, 1.24 WHIP) took on Max Scherzer (6-2, 3.63 ERA, 1.26 WHIP) in the second game of the series.

Another good pitching game, as Brent Suter allowed just 1 run in 5.2 innings. He allowed 6 hits and 2 walks, but struck out 5, and picked up his 2nd win in as many starts. It's going to be hard to send him down once Mejia is ready to come back. Kyle Barraclough, John Curtiss, and Drew Steckenrdier all recorded holds without allowing a hit, and Brad Brach had a mixed results 9th, but still earned the save. 2 hits and 2 strike otus, but no National crossed home, as we finished the 3-1 win.

We only maanged 6 hits, with 2 of them courtesy of catcher Jett Bandy. Brian Anderson and Hech doubled and drove iin a run. The last RBI came on a Ryon Healy force out.

We're back over .500!

June 30th, 2019: Quick check on the All Star voting, Brach is still leading the way for pen arms, with Steck in 4th.

We looked to sweep the home series with Brad Peacock (5-4, 3.55 ERA, 1.26 WHIP) taking on Mike Leake (4-8, 4.97 ERA, 1.23 WHIP).

Today was in one word: Amazing.

We tallied 11 runs and Brad Peacock tossed 7.1 shut out innings. 4 hits, 3 walks, and 8 strikeotus, and then Nick Rumbelow finished it off with 1.2 innings of shutout ball. 11-0 is a beautiful way to end a series.

14 hits, with all hitters, but pinch hitter Braxton Lee and C Jett Bandy recorded hits. Even Peacock and Rumbelow went 1-for-1 with an RBI. Peacock scored as well. Lot's of balls left the yard, a homer for Anderson and two for Kinsler. Anderson doubled too, along with Healy, Anthony Alford, and Miguel Rojas. Kinsler and Anderson drove in three a piece, with Alford driving in two as well. This was the perfect way to end the homestand, before heading to Toronto for a pair.

Earned a nice new achievement "Shutting them Down" for the 11 run shutout.

We had to grab out passports as we'd head north of the border and see a familiar face, Odrisamer Despaigne (1-3, 4.91 ERA) in game 1, followed by Ervin Santana (6-5, 5.16 ERA).

July 1st, 2019: To start the month, the 39-37 Marlins got a fresh power ranking rank at 10th place. The sweep was very nice.

The Blue Jays were 39-38, so this seemed to be an even series. Colin McHugh (5-6, 3.98 ERA, 1.38 WHIP) took on the ex-Marlin Despaigne (1-3, 4.91 ERA, 1.51 WHIP) in beautiful Rogers Centre. Anthony Alford and Teoscar Hernandez got to return to the Centre for the first time since joining the Marlins. We got a look at future Hall-of-Famer Valdimir Guerrero Jr. who is already tearing the cover off the ball, hitting .361/.435/.617 with 9 homers and 28 RBI's.

The pitching wasn't great, but it was enough. McHugh allowed 6 hits and 4 runs in 3.1 innings. He sturck out and walked a single hitter. Phelps eraned the win, with 1.1 scorless innings as we out slugged the Jays 8-5. Jake Diekman ended up getting a save, since John Curtiss allowed a run in the 9th.

We stole a bunch of bases, with Braxton Lee, Alford, Saladino, and Kinsler all swiping a bag. We also hit a ton of homers, with Hernandez, Bandy, Joe Mauer, and Anderson hit them out of the park. Hech was the only Marlin without a hit, while Hernandez and Kinsler had three a piece. Kinsler has really turned it around after starting out awful.

Justin Turner recorded 5 hits in 5 trips as the Dodgers destroyed the A's 19-1.

July 2nd, 2019: The International Free Agent pool was released, and I'd take a quick look. There were a few really, really good young players. The two guys I offered were Luis Quintanilla (5) and Luis Nativi (3). Quintanilla denabded $3.2 million and Nativi just $360,000.

Rex Brothers is out for the year with a torn labrum. The Braves lefty wasn't having a good year for the 3rd conecutive season, but any loss to a pitcher is tough.

We've one 5 in a row, looking for 6, with Jeff Hoffman (2-1, 2.52 ERA, 1.35 WHIP) taking on Ervin Santana (6-5, 5.16 ERA, 1.41 WHIP) in the series finale.

The former Blue Jay Jeff Hoffman took the win, just 1 run in 6 innings. He walked just 1, allowed 5 hits, and struck out 8 as we swept the Jays 6-1.

We had 12 hits, with help from a big game by Teoscar Hernandez. He hit 2 homers and drove in 4 runs in 4 trips. He had a 3-run shot and a solo shot. Alford and Kinsler both doubled and singled, while Alford scored twice. Mauer and Saladino had the last two RBI's.

A perfect 5-0 with a 6 game win streak, we got a day off before we headed to Washington for four.

July 3rd, 2019: Zack Wheeler took advantage of the day off, and asked me for an extension. He didn't demand too much, and I was more then happy to abliged. He initlaly agreed to a very team friendly contract, $4,800,000 next year with a pair of team options ($6 and $6.5 million) before speaking with his agent. It's a nice, low risk deal for a quality starter.

A trade was made, as the Royals swapped LF Whit Merrifield to the A's for RHP Daniel Mengden. It seems like a steal for the Royals, moving a 1* for a 2/2.5*, but again, with scouts who knows what is right.

Jed Lowire hit for the cycle as the Twins beat the White Sox 7-2, and Lindor raised his hit streak to 30.

After the four games in the nations capital, we'd head back home to host the Boston Red Sox. I totally didn't notice Jeff Hoffman got injured, so I placed him on the DL to recall Adalberto Mejia from his rehab assignment. I didn't know the diagnosis yet, but I feard for the worst.

We're now 41-37, 3.5 out of the wild card and 5 out of first. Things are finally looking better, and we can push back into the playoff hunt. We'd look to face Max Scherzer (6-3, 3.77 ERA), Mike Leake (4-9, 5.09 ERA), Jeff Manship (0-5, 7.11 EAR), and the familiar face of Wei-Yin Chen (4-9, 7.57 ERA).

Below are a few usueful screenshots of the team's performance:
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 04-09-2018, 01:05 AM   #54
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

July 4th-July 10th

July 4th, 2019: I had to give up trying to sign C Luis Nativi, and put in one last offer on 5* potential CF Luis Quintanilla. I wish you could trade for international bonuses in this game.

The Tigers sent LF Franklin Gutierrez and RHP Wikel Hernandez to the Braves for 2B Gacin Cecchini. Cecchnini is the only player of value, so win for the Tigers.

Zack Wheeler (4-5, 3.80 ERA, 1.310 WHIP) took on Max Scherzer (6-3, 3.77 ERA, 1.27 WHIP) for the first of four in Washington. Wheeler went 6 strong, allowing 8 hits and 2 walks, but just 2 runs. He struck out 6, and we won by 6, 8-2 to open the series. The streak keeps going!

We only had 10 hits, but a lot of them were for extra bases. Joe Mauer doubled once, Teoscar Hernandez twice. Anthony Alford homered, Jett Bandy twiced. And then finally, Ian Kinsler tripled. Bandy had one of the best games in a long time, going 2-for-4, scoring twice, and driving in 6. Him, Hernandez, and Kinsler were the only Marlins to record more then 1 hit, while Miguel Rojas was the only starting position player to not record a hit. For anyone counting, that's 7 in a row.

Checking in on another streak, Francisco Lindor is up to 31! We'll get daily updates from now on.

July 5th, 2019: Today is the draft pick signing deadline, so tommorow I'll report the notable draftees that didn't sign and report where mine went to college.

Jeff Hoffman was diagnosed with a hamstring strain, and will miss 5 weeks. It's a tough injury, but Suter has been amazing filling in for Adalberto Mejia before he finished rehab, so we should be fine.

I also extended all personell that was willing to resign.

The Brew Crew will be without Justin Wilson for the year with a radial nerve compression. He's been aqful this year, so this may not hurt them much at all.

The Reds made an offer for Anthony Alford, and I didn't even consider it. The offered spec wasn't bad, but I didn't want to move my starting CF.

Brent Suter (2-0, 0.79 ERA, 1.32 WHIP) faced off against veteran Mike Leake (4-9, 5.09 ERA, 1.24 WHIP), the most recent player to go straight to the majors after being drafted. Teoscar Hernandez and Ian Kinsler have been red hot lately.

Suter's magic ran out, as he allowed 4 in 5.1 in today's 7-4 loss, which ended our streak at 7. He allowed 9 hits with just a single walk and strike out. Nick Rumbelow, who will be optioned after today's game, allowed 3 runs in 1.2 innings off 3 hits.

We managed 8 hits, 4 of which were doubles. Brian Anderson, Hernandez, Bandy, and Rojas all collected two bags. Teo was the only hitter with 2 hits, although Alford walked 3 times and stole base #12. Hernandez, Anderson, Kinsler, and the pinch hitter Mauer drove in runs.

As mentioned, Rumbelow was optioned, and I called up Yonny Chirinos. He could start, but he's strictly came from the pen in 34 games in AAA New Orleans this year. In 50.2 innings, he has a 2.66 ERA and 1.14 WHIP. He'll pitch as a longman and emergency starter.

32 games now for Lindor!

July 6th, 2019: Here's our list of picks and where they will attend college and when they will be eligible again:

9th Round: Steve Dieudonne (Long Beach State 2022)
12th Round: Steve Marbley (Webster 2022)
15th Round: Mike O'Dell (California 2020)
19th Round: Josh Green (Texas 2022)
22nd Round: Denim Pennamon (St. John's 2022)
23rd Round: Jeremy Strickland (Northern Illinois 2020)
25th Round: Liam Abraham (Miami (FL) 2022)
27th Round: Jorge Gaitan (UC Irvine 2022)
28th Round: Tyshawn Nedrick (Arizona 2022)
32nd Round: Juan Acevedo (Conors State 2020)
34th Round: Juan Rivera (Connecticut 2020)
35th Round: Mike McIlravy (Iowa 2022)
36th Round: Omari Rugley (Norfolk State 2020)
39th Round: Ben Andrews (Illinois-Chicago 2022)

Here are the notable picks that should net rollover picks, yet that didn't work this draft...

1st Round, 13th Overall: MIL Cade Doughty (LSU 2022)
1st Round, 18th Overall: COL Riley Greene (Texas 2020)
1st Round, 31st Overall: SF Chris Kraft (Mississippi 2020)
1st Round, 37th Overall: CLE Matthew Allan (Central Florida 2022)
2nd Round, 53rd Overall: KC Blake Adams (Miami (FL) 2022)
2nd Round, 60th Overall: TB Will Holland (Georgia Tech 2020)
2nd Round, 63rd Overall: SEA Eric Warren (Texas State 2020)
2nd Round, 72nd Overall: WSH Greg Jones (LSU 2022)
2nd Round, 74th Overall: ARI Andrew Vaughn (California 2020)
2nd Round, 78th Overall: MIN Bryan Hoeing (Returning to Louisville 2020)
3rd Round, 86th Overall: ATL Sergio Alaya (Pepperdine 2022)
3rd Round, 99th Overall: NYM Zach Merlino (Boston College 2020)

These guys should allow their team to recieve the pick after they were selected next season, but who knows...

Brad Peacock (6-4, 3.24 ERA, 1.24 WHIP) will take on Jeff Mansip (0-5, 7.11 ERA, 1.97 WHIP) as we look to start winning again.

Somehow our pitchers switched roles, and we were shut out 9-0. To be fair, Peacock got hurt, but I don't know what got into Manship.

Peacock went just 2.1 innings with 1 run allowed before leaving with injury. Every pitcher to follow allowed a run (1 unearned for Drew Steckenrider). I can't afford another SP injury... Also, we didn't hit, just a double for Jett Bandy and 4 singles. We needed to win tommorow to salvage a series split.

33 games for Lindor! Can he be stopped!?!?!?

July 7th, 2019: A notification popped up saying "torn labrum. He will be out for 4-5 months." and I freaked out thinking it was Peacock. It was a minor leaguer instead...

It got worse, Peacock had shoulder inflammation and would miss 6-7 months. Yikes. On to the 60 you go... Now I'm down four SP, including my top 2. I called up Robert Gsellman, who struggled in AA, but was pitching well in AAA. He'd join the rotation.

Zack Wheeler signed his extension, but I was out on Quintanilla. I couldn't afford him. The money went to a 4.5* CF Juan Ramirez instead. He's got 100 power.

All-Star voting remained consistent, Brach in 1st pulling away, and Steck in 4th. Brach now had an over 100,000 vote lead.

We needed this win, with Colin McHugh (5-6, 4.22 ERA, 1.41 WHIP) taking on Wei-Yin Chen (4-9, 7.57 ERA, 1.55 WHIP) in the finale. And we lsot 10-2...

McHugh was lit up for 7 in 2.2. Not too much to talk about, other then the fact we lost a series to the awful Nationals. Granted on the road, but still. Teo and Bandy did both record 2 hits, but it was a crushing defeat...

34 games for Lindor!

July 8th, 2019: We're 11th in the power rankings to start the week.

We were back home to face the Red Sox, with David Price (1-5, 6.62 ERA, 1.47 WHIP) taking on Adalberto Mejia (2-5, 3.31 ERA, 1.25 WHIP). We needed a win...

It was a nice bounceback, as we edged the Red Sox 3-2 thanks to 7 strong from Mejia. He struck out 10, allowed just 1 run off 4 hits, and didn't walk a hitter. Brach came in for the 9th, and shut the door, earning save 18. He's got a miniscule 1.15 ERA.

We only had 5 hits, but made them count. Alford homered and Bandy doubled. Alford had 2 of the hits, and drove in all 3 runs. One on the solo shot, 2 on a single that scored Ryon Healy and Miguel Rojas.

35 FOR LINDOR!

July 9th, 2019: I'm rejecting every offer for Brad Brach, and trust me, there have been a lot...

Game 2 saw Rick Porcello (8-4, 5.09 ERA, 1.41 WHIP) face off against Zack Wheeler (5-5, 3.74 ERA, 1.32 WHIP).

Porcello got the best of us, combining for a 3 hit shutout with Craig Kimbrel. Wheeler pitched well, allowing just 1 in 6 innings off 2 hits and 3 walks, while striking out 8, but we lossed 2-0. Only positive on offense was Alford doubled.

Lindor isn't stopping, 36 games in a row with a hit.

July 10th, 2019: The Angels made an offer for Jake Diekman, but it was a really average minor leaguer who's just 18. Not worth it at all.

Brent Suter (2-1, 2.70 ERA, 1.50 WHIP) took the mound in the series finale against former Marlin Aarton Blair (5-7, 6.66 ERA, 1.47 WHIP). Suter went just 4.1 innings, allowing 3 runs off 6 hits and a pair of walks and strikeouts. The bullpen was solid but not spectactular, as eventually we won the game 8-4, with help from 4 runs off Bobby Poyner who couldn't get an out in the 6th.

We had 10 hits, with 4 from Teoscar Hernandez. He was a triple away from the cycle, and drove in 4 runs, including 3 on a base clearing double in the 6th off Poyner. Kinsler doubled as well. Ryon Healy was the only other Marlin with more then 1 hit. It was a great way to end the series, as we say at 47-41, 3.5 out of the 2nd wild card and 6.5 out of 1st.

Lindor has 37 games now!

We'd host division rival New York, who's 1.5 games above us, and we could close the gap. We'd play them for 4 before heading to Milwaukee for 3. An interesting arm we'd see is last years 6th overall pick Brady Singer. He's already made 1 start this year and he looks like a future ace.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:54 AM   #55
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

July 11th-July 17th

July 11th, 2019: Robert Gsellman made his Marlins debut against his former team the Mets, and met Brady Singer (1-0, 1.13 ERA, 1.13 WHIP) in his 2nd career start.

Gsellman succumbed to the Mets curse, and is now injured. Luckily, just hamstring soreness, but if he hit the DL, we'd have a whole rotation on the DL. Luckily the pen was good enough, allowing just 4 runs, and we scored 7 to win the opener 7-1. Singer's second start was nothing like the first.

And guess who finished the 9th? Brad Brach got save 19 and a strikeout in the inning.

We combined for 12 hits, including a 4-for-4 for Ian Kinsler. He scored three times, drove in one, doubled twice, and tripled. Jett Bandy was 3-for-4 with 3 RBI's.

Lindor has now hit in 38 striaght games!

July 12th, 2019: I lucked out at 16-year-old Juan Ramirez, a.k.a "Hammerhead" agreed to a $2.8 million bonus. When listed as a LF, his potential bumps up to 5*. His power potential is insance, and if he reaches that he's going to be a feared hitter.

Colin McHugh (5-7, 4.78 ERA, 1.47 WHIP) took on Noah Syndergaard (3-6, 3.97 ERA, 1.10 WHIP) for game 2.

McHugh was amazing, allowing just 3 hits in 8.1 innings, with 7 strikeouts. Brach finished the game, recording he last 2 outs, and earning the save. We edged them 1-0, the only run unearned. Brian Anderson had 2 of the 4 hits, one including a double. Tyler Saladino had the RBI, driving in Ian Kinsler on a single.

And it's finaly over... Francisco Lindor's hit sterak was snapped at 38 games, going 0-for-2 against the A's in a 9-8 Indians win.

July 13th, 2019: We leap frogged the Mets in the standings after the first two wins. Adalberto Mejia (3-5, 3.08 ERA, 1.17 WHIP) had to face Chris Sale (5-1, 1.89 ERA, 0.96 WHIP).

Mejia was great, allowing just 1 in 7 off 2 hits and 2 walks. He struck out 7, but left the game in a tie. John Curtiss finished the last 2, as we won 3-1. Miguel Rojas and Jett Bandy drove in runs in the 8th, to give us the win.

Teoscar Hernandez had a great game, 3-for-4 and scoring twice. Him and Rojas doubled. We could get the sweep tommorow.

Eddie Rosario went 5-for-6 as the Twins lost to the Rangers 7-6.

July 14th, 2019: Brach and Steck are still 1 and 4 in the relief pitcher race to the All-Star nod.

Zack Wheeler (5-6, 3.61 ERA, 1.29 WHIP) took on Matt Harvey (3-3, 3.71 ERA, 1.17 WHIP) as the former teammates duel in the final game of the 4. We could pull off the sweep.

Wheeler was great allowing 2 (1 uearned) in 6 off just 4 hits. He walked none and struck out six. He left the game in a tie. Kyle Barraclough ended up with the win, striking out 5 in 1.2 innings. It was incredible. Steck earned the save, as we pulled off the sweep 4-2.

Adieny Hechavarria hit his 1st homer of the year in the 7th off Matt Prurke. Teoscar Hernandez doubled twice and drove in 2 as well. Both had 2 hits.

Jesse Winkler went 5-for-5 as the Reds beat the Cubs 4-1.

We finished off the sweep and headed to Milwaukee. Now 48-41, we're just 1 game out of the wild card and 5.5 from the division. We were so, so close to being in a playoff position. We'd be looking at Chase Anderson (0-3, 6.93 ERA), Zach Davies (3-8, 4.72 ERA), and Jimmy Nelson (6-7, 5.46 ERA).

July 15th, 2019: I added another member to my International Class, RF Jorge Godoy. He's a light hitting corner outfielder, and will earn a $690,000 bonus.

We're up to 8th in the power rankings. The Dodgers lead the way with 140.

Brent Suter (2-1, 3.43 ERA, 1.57 WHIP) faced his former team the Brewers, against Chase Anderson (0-3, 6.93 ERA, 1.38 WHIP).

Suter wanted revenge for being released, and pitched 8 shut out with just 5 hits, 2 walks, and 4 strikeouts. Brad Brach pitched a perfect 9th, and we finished a 1-0 shut out. Suter is now 3-1, Brach with his 21st save.

We had 6 hits, but just 1 run. Miguel Rojas drove in a run, but was injured in a collision. Jett Bandy scored, and had a pair of hits.

July 16th, 2019: Charlie Tilson is off to AAA for a rehab assignment. The 26-year-old would get reps in LF and hit 3rd.

Miguel Rojas is day to day, and will head to the DL with a strained rib cage muscle. He'd miss about 2 weeks. I purchased the contract of D.J. Peters who was hitting .269/.358/.456 with 10 homers and 47 runs driven in. One of the big peices in the J.T. Realmuto deal, the 23-year-old had lot's of big league potential. Peters will start in RF, pushing Teo to LF.

The Orioles traded Darren O'Day to the Royals for RHP Juan Romero and LHP Luke Heimlich. O'Day is pretty solid, and the two prospects are a decent return.

Game 2 took place between Zack Davies (4.72 ERA, 1.34 WHIP) and Robert Gsellman (0-0, 0.00 ERA, 2.00 WHIP). Gsellman struggled, allowing 5 in 2, and is probably off to AAA. He walked 4 and didn't record a strikeout. Yonni Chirinos had a strong relief outing, just 1 run in 3 innings of long relief, but we gell 7-1.

Peters went 1-for-3 in his debut with a double in the 2nd. Braxton Lee had a double of his own, while Luis Torrens homered for the only run.

July 17th, 2019: The Royals lost struggling RHP Jordan Lyles for the year with a torn ulnar collater ligament.

The finale would be a face off between Colin McHugh (6-7, 4.38 ERA, 1.38 WHIP) and Jimmy Nelson (6-7, 5.46 ERA). Before the game, I called up Tom Eshelman and optioned Gsellman.

McHugh left the game tied, after going 5 innings with 5 hits, 3 runs, 1 walk, and 6 strikeouts. The game remained tied after 9, 4-4 and went all the way to the 12th. Ian Kinsler hit a 2 run homer off Erik R. Davis, and Yonny Chirinos finished his 2nd inning, and we won 6-4. We picked up the rode series win.

We manafede 10 hits, and three homers. Jett Bandy hit 2, along with Kinsler's game winner. Bandy had three hits, also hitting a double. Teo Hernandez and Tyler Saladino doubled as well. Saladino also recorded a steal.

We're now tied for the 2nd Wild Card at 50-42 with the Diamondbacks. We're still 6 out of first, as the Phillies keep getting better. They're onw 56-36.

It was on to Atlanta, the team in 2nd ahead of us. After 4 with them, we can leap over them before the All-Star game. The All-Star break was from the 22nd to the 25th. Could the Marlins make the playoffs for just the third time ever!?!?!
Old 04-09-2018, 08:31 PM   #56
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

July 18th-July 25th

July 18th, 2019: The A's keep making moves, sending Herschel 'Boog' Powell for RHP Tyler Beede. The two are very even, but Beede's pending an injury diagnosis.

For the first of 4 at Atlanta before the all star break, Adalberto Mejia (3-5, 2.90 ERA, 1.11 WHIP) took on Sean Newcomb (6-5, 2.81 ERA, 1.17 WHIP) in a duel of guys quietly having really good years.

Neither guy pitched well, but Mejia had it off the worse. He allowed 7 in 3.1 innings off 6 hits, 4 walks, and 2 strike outs in a 10-4 lead. Ryon Healy and Tyler Saladino had two hit games. Ian Kinsler and Anthony Alford doubled while D.J. Peters hit his first career homer. Sadly, Teoscar Hernandez was hit by a pitch and left with an injury. It's just a bruised foot, that will keep him out for 6 days. With the All Star break, I'd place him on the DL and he wouldn't miss too much time.

I added an extra arm for the series, RHP Nick Rumbelow.

July 10th, 2019: The oft-injured Jacob Lindgren is out for the year with a partially torn UCL. He's currrently a Brave, and had very little big league action.

Our game today was rained out, so we'd play two tommorow:

July 20th, 2019: The first of two took place between Zack Wheeler (5-6, 3.48 ERA, 1.26 WHIP) and Koby Allard (4-0, 3.79 ERA, 1.17 WHIP). Wheeler allowed just 1 unearned run in 6.2 innings, and left with a no decition.

Brad Brach actually got the lost, allowing a home run on the first pitch in the 9th, as we fell 3-2. Saladino and Kinsler had a pair of hits, and Saladino hit a solo shot, but we lost the first of two.

Tom Eshelman got his first start of the season in the second game against Luiz Gohara (5-5, 3.26 ERA, 1.15 WHIP). Eshelman was fine, just 3 runs and 4 hits with a walk in 7 innings. He also struck out 7, but we fell 3-1.

Ryon Healy doubled, D.J. Peters had two hits, and Luis Torrens drove in the only run of the game. It was embarassing to lose both games of the double header, and I needed to win the last game of the series.

July 21st, 2019: The All Star game rosters were announced! The Marlins would be represented by CL Brad Brach. It's his 2nd All-Star appearence. This season B-Rad has 21 saves and a 3-4 record with a very low 1.27 ERA and 1.05 WHIP. He's struck out 55 and walked 16 in 42.2 innings.

On to the season finale, Brent Suter (3-1, 2.48 ERA, 1.38 WHIP) took on Lucas Sims (6-3, 4.76 ERA, 1.34 WHIP). We needed the win...

We were shut out 4-0, nothing to see here... 4 game sweep... At least there is the All Star break...

Nick Rumeblow was sent down to AAA. I'd recall Charlie Tilson from rehab once the All Star break ended.

July 22nd, 2019: Power Rankings has us at 10. They must've missed the sweep...

I shopped a few players around on the off day. Eventually I may target a player on a losing team to add to the roster. Nothing came up today.

July 23rd, 2019: Today was the All-Star game! The AL won 11-5. Brach didn't pitch. Joc Pederson was named the MVP of the game even though he was on the losing team.

I shopped more players today as well. I tried to acquire a guy with enough control to stay good for more then just this year.

July 24th, 2019: The Cardinals traded LF Brett Gardner to the Nationals for Tanner Roark. This was a weird trade, but it wasn't really unfair.

I worked on more trades of my own. Again, nothing materialized.

July 25th, 2019: Worked on more trade offers today, in the last day of the break. The deadline was creeping up, and I didn't quite know what to do. Again, nothing came up. I recalled Charlie Tilson. He'll replace Braxton Lee in LF.

We had three at home with the Phillies followed by 3 at Pittsburgh, with the series ending at the deadline. We were looking at JoJo Romero (2-2, 3.20 ERA), Ranger Suarez (1-0, 3.66 ERA), and Vince Velasquez (7-5, 6.73 ERA).

We needed to bounce back, we're 50-46 and 9.5 behind the Phillies. We were only 1 game behind Arizona for the 2nd wild card, but 7 behind Atlanta for the 1st.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:45 AM   #57
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

July 26th-July 31st

July 26th, 2019: A pair of deals were made before games kicked back off. A player I targeted, Jorge Polanco, was sent from the Twins to the Brewers for Zach Davies. Pretty even trade, just a swap of strengths and weaknesses. The Blue Jays sent Devon Travis to the Mets for Matt Harvey. Again, same thing here.

Colin McHugh (6-7, 4.43 ERA, 1.37 WHIP) welcomed the visiting Phillies and JoJo Romero (@-2, 3.20 ERA, 1.21 WHIP).

It was a well fought game, as we headed to extras tied 4-4. The Phillies put up 2 in the top of the 10th, and we managed 1 in the bottom, but ultimately fell 6-5.

McHugh barely pitched, allowing 3 in 3 innings off 5 hits, a walk, and 2 strike outs. Brad Brach, our All-Star, got the loss, allowing 2 runs in 1.2 innings.

We only had 7 hits, 2 of them from Charlie Tilson who just finished his rehab assignment. Brian Anderson doubled and Anthony Alford homered in the extra frame. Anderson drove in 2, Alford 1. It wasn't the start I wanted, but it could have been much worse.

July 27th, 2019: The AI asked me if I wanted Marcell Ozuna and I knid of laughed a bit. The game doesn't know the Marlins dumped him on the Cardinals a few years ago.

Zack Wheeler (5-6, 3.27 ERA, 1.25 WHIP) was on the mound against Vince Velasquez (7-5, 6.73 ERA, 1.62 WHIP) as we looked to even the series back up. Instead, we were shut out 5-0...

Wheeler coughed up 3 in .1, and John Curtiss, who would be optioned, 2 in 0.2 innings. We also had just 5 hits, headlined by a Luis Torrnes double.

As mentioned, Curtiss was headed down, and Nick Rumbelow brought back up.

July 28th, 2019: Miguel Rojas was sent to AAA New Orleans on rehab assignment.

The series Finale took place between Tom Eshelman (0-1, 3.86 ERA, 0.71 WHIP) and Ranger Suarez (1-0, 3.66 ERA, 1.19 WHIP). If we lost this game, I'd probably sell a little bit.

Luckily Eshelman was solid, going 6 while allowing 3 runs. He walked 1, allowed 6 hits, and struck out 5. Kyle Barraclough, who the Mariners made a poor offer on earlier today, struck out the side in the 7th and earned the win, his 3rd on the year. Brad Brach got save 22 as we took the finale 7-3. Suarez left the game with an injury after finishing the 6th. It's just DTD, so the Phillies need not worry.

We managed 13 hits, including and Anthony Alford homere and a myriad of doubles (Mauer, Bandy, Peters (2), and Kinsler). Bandy had 3 hits while Alford and Kinsler 2. Bandy, Alford and Tilson drove in 2 runs, while Kinsler picked up the last one. All position players who started recorded a hit, as well as pinch hitter Tyler Saladino who also added a stolen base.

We were on to Pittsburgh for three before the deadline. We'd see Charlie Morton (3-7, 6.41 ERA), Brandon Waddell (7-8, 5.04 ERA), and Mitch Keller (4-2, 3.55 ERA). We needed the sweep to pass Arizona for the 2nd Wild Card spot.

I tried to swing a few deals before heading to Pittsburgh. I needed to upgrade the team, but it's a lot harder then tearing it down. Again, nothing came of it...

Teoscar Hernandez was healthy and joined the club, which sent the struggling rookie D.J. Peters back down to AAA.

And we fell down to 13 in this week's Power Rankings.

We opened the series against the 1st place, yet 51-50 Pittsbirgh Pirates with Adalberto Mejia (3-6, 3.64 ERA, 1.20 WHIP). His opponent, Charlie Morton (3-7, 6.41 ERA, 1.84 WHIP) who's return to the Pirates hasn't been pretty.

Mejia was near perfect, just 2 hits and 2 walks in 8.1 shutout innings that included 6 strike outs. Yonny Chirinos got the final two outs, and he's really adapted well to a bullpen role. They combined for the 2-hit, 5-0 shutout. Morton was injured after the first batter, and we tagged the Bucs' pen for 5.

Mejia himself doubled and scored, while Ian Kinsler and Brian Anderson hit homers. Kinsler drove in 3, including the 2 run homer, while Ryon Healy got the final RBI. I wasn't a pretty win, but it was a win none the less.

July 30th, 2019: A pair of lefties dueled in game two, with Brent Suter (3-2, 2.65 ERA, 1.44 WHIP) taking on Brandon Waddell (7-8, 5.04 ERA, 1.61 WHIP).

We scored 5 in the 2nd, and that's all Suter and the pen needed for the 5-3 win. Suter allowed all 3 in 6 innings off 5 hits and a walk. He struck out a pair as well. Kyle Barraclough and Drew Steckerider picked up holds, while Brach picked up his 23rd save.

In his first game back in the lineup, Hernadnez went 1-for-4 and stole a base, while also being caught. Alford lead the charge with 2 hits and Joe Mauer drove in 3 off a double. Adeiny Hechavarria doubled and scored, while Suter himself scored and drove in a run. Guess how? He was hit by a pitch with 2 outs and the bases loaded.

Mauer left the game with an undisclosed injury...

We're now 1 up on the D'Backs for the 2nd wild cars pot, but 5 behind Atlanta for the 1st.

Minor league C Edgardo Rodriguez went 5-for-5 as the Miami GCL Marlins beat the GCL Blue Jays 18-7. He scored 4 times and drove in 3 runs.

I made a minor trade, sending A.J. Cole to the Twins for Tyler Jay. Jay is really good, but tore his flexor tendon. Cole is a guy I picked up as a minor league free agent, so it's a no risk deal.

Jay, 25, is a lefty who's potential rank as 100/54/57. If he heals up, it's going to be a steal for us. He has closer potential and a four pitch arsenal out of the pen. I'm hoping that's not my big July deal, but the deadline is tommorow...

July 31st, 2019: A few deadline deals, as the Nationals traded C Taylor Gushue and LHP Dakota Bennett to the Rockies for Tyler Anderson. This deal just doesn't make any sense... The Yankees then traded RHP Giovanny Gallegos to the Tigers for 3B eimer Candelario. This was a pretty even trade, Gallegos is a really good RP, while Candelario a solid 3B.

I made a deal of my own, sending Luis D. Perdomo and C Chris Hoo to the Orioles for C Austin Wynns and RP Michael Givens. Not quite sure why my assistant GM doesn't like it, Perdomo is just a 1.5 and Hoo a 0.5, while Wynns a 1 and Givens a 2.5. I guess it's since I'm supposed to be "rebuilding" this year. Wynns will head to AA, Givens the big league club. Rumbelow will head back down to AAA.

Givens will solidify the pen a little more, as he comes with a 3.56 ERA and 77 strike outs in 65.2 innings. His WHIP is a little high, but he's a great additio nto the clubhouse and has loads of talent. Small bonus, he's from Florida.

I wasn't done for the day, swapping Ryan Borucki, Isan Diaz, and Zach Gallen to the White Sox for 1B/3B Nicky Delmonico. Delmonico has nice pop, 14 HR's and 48 RBI's, along with a .252/.334/.432 triple slash. He's insurance if Mauer gets hurt, can help in the future, and has nice versatility. It cost a few decent prospects, but freed up a 40-man roster spot. I'd leave him DFA'd for now before finishing the Pittsburgh series.

Colin McHugh (6-7, 4.56 ERA, 1.39 WHIP)was on the mound as we look to finish off the sweep. The first thing in our way, Mitch Keller (4-2, 3.55 ERA, 1.30 WHIP). Mauer was out of the lineup, with Healy at 1B and hitting second instead.

Sadly, McHugh gave up 5, and we gave up 3 more from the pen, and fell 8-5. The pitching wasn't good, buct luckily Jeff Hoffman should be able to start rehab soon. Givens made his Marlins debut, allowing just a hit with 2 strike outs in the 8th.

Anthony Alford hit another homer, now with 11 on the year. Hernandez and Anderson both doubled. Back to Alford, he was 3-for-4 with a walk, while scoring and driving in two runs. Tyler Saladino was the only other Malrin with more then 1 hit. All 8 starting hitters, however, did reach base.

We still hung on to a 1 game lead over the D'backs, and would face the team 1.5 games behind us, the Mets, in New York for 4, then have a day off before returning homer for 2 against Atlanta. This is a huge set of games, as these are divisional foes who are above and behind us in the standings. Below, I attached screenshots of our stats on the year thusfar:
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 04-10-2018, 02:41 PM   #58
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

August 1st-August 10th

EDIT: Title should say August 1st-August 7th

August 1st, 2019: I sent Joe Mauer to the DL, he was diagnosed with a strained abdominal muscle, but he should be back within 10 days. Nicky Delmonico joined the team and will become the cleanup hitter and man 1B for the time being.

We opened up the series with the Mets with former Met Zack Wheeler (5-7, 3.36 ERA, 1.26 WHIP) took on Noah Syndergaard (5-7, 3.27 ERA, 1.01 WHIP).

This was a long one. It took 15 innings before Dominic Smith took Mychal Givins (I think I've been spelling his name wrong) opposite field for a walk off single. Techincally the run was charge to David Phelps and was unearned due to a Ryon Healy error, so I can't get too mad at the pitching.

The hitting was bad, managing just 9 hits the entire game. Teoscar Hernandez had 3 of the hits, including a double. Anthony Alford doubled as well, and added a single. Delmonico was 1-for-4 with 2 walks and the only RBI in his Marlins debut.

August 2nd, 2019: A little good news as Lewis Brinson is heading down to the GCL for a rehab assignment. He hasn't played since June 25th. "Sweet Lew" was hitting .282/.337/.498 in 69 games with 12 HR's and 47 RBI's, along with 7 steals. I'd keep him there for a bit so he could regain his strength.

Looking ahead to the game, Tom Eshelman (0-1, 4.15 ERA, 0.92 WHIP) took on Jacob deGrom (5-6, 3.84 ERA, 1.04 WHIP). We needed the win today after dropping yesterday's marathon.

Eshelman struggled, 4 runs in 5 innings, but it wasn't the worst. Yonny Chirinos gave up 3 in 0.1 innings, and earned the loss. We fell 7-4 and took another tough loss.

We had 8 hits including 2 from Alford. He had 2 RBI's and steals as well. Saladino and Kinsler had two hits as well. Saladino drove in and scored two runs.

After the game I optioned Brian Anderson back down to AAA and recalled Miguel Rojas from his rehab assignment. I also optioned Chirinos down to AAA, and recalled Nick Rumbelow to get a fresh arm in the pen.

August 3rd, 2019: A pair of arms went down for the year, Shelby Miller and Jeremy Jeffress. Miller tore his flexor tendon and Jeffress suffered a torn rotator cuff.

We've lost too many games, and nowsat 1 back from Arizona in the Wild Card. Adalberto Mejia (4-6, 3.26 ERA, 1.13 WHIP) took on Corey Oswalt (0-1, 7.71 ERA, 1.71 WHIP) in game three of four. Miguel Rojas was in the starting lineup and hit 8th.

Oh man this sucks... Mejia allowed 8 in 3.2 off 11 hits as we fell 8-2. Rumbelow had 2.1 scorless while Kyle Barraclough had 2 scorless, so that part was good. Both allowed just 1 hit.

Delmonico made an error, but drove in both runs on a 2-run homer. We only had 5 hits, and two of them were Jett Bandy. Anthony Alford doubled as well. If we got swept... Oh man...

Trea Turner went 5-for-7 with a homer in a 21-2 Nationals domination over the Reds.

August 4th, 2019: We needed this win, as Bruce Suter (4-2, 2.92 ERA, 1.38 WHIP) took on Chris Sale (5-3, 2.39 ERA, 1.02 WHIP) in the series finale.

And we got swept...

We lost 6-1, as Suter allowed 5 runs off 8 hits in 3.2 innings. He struck out 3 and walked 2. The last run was charged to David Phelps. Phelps did double, so that's pretty cool.

We managed just 6 hits, sattered throughout the line up. Charlie Tilson, the only lefty in the starting lineup, did hit a home run. But I am disgusted, good thing we have a day off. We had a day off tommorow to lick our wounds and head home. Brinson would probably be ready for the Braves series.

August 5th, 2019: Jeff Hoffman was sent down to rookie league GCL for a rehab assignment. He's now listed as "fragile" which is a concerning factor. He'd start today for them.

And we're now 20th in the power rankings. 4 game sweeps would tend to cause it.

Looking ahead, we'd just meet them for 2, with Mike Soroka (8-6, 4.51 ERA) and Zach Petrick (4-3, 3.79 ERA) on the mound for the Braves. Now that we've fallen to .500, the 61-44 Braves looked tough.

August 6th, 2019: Lewis Brinson was back, and Braxton Lee was sent down. Brinson would hit 3rd and play LF on a regular basis.

Colin McHugh (6-8, 4.78 ERA, 1.42 WHIP) opened up the homestand against Soroka (8-6, 4.51 ERA, 1.21 WHIP). The 2-3-4 of Hernandez-Brinson-Delmonico looks really nice.

Ouch, another loss. This time 3-2, as Kyle Barraclough took the loss. He allowed two run (one charged to McHugh) in the 7th when we were up 2-1. McHugh was charged with 2 runs, 6 hits, 2 walks, and 7 strikeouts.

Just 6 hits, 2 for Charlie Tilson. Brinson made his presense felt, a 2 run homer in the 6th of the starter Soroka. That's the only things worth mentioning, as we are now 53-54.

Steve Pearce, now with the A's, had a 5 hit game in a 14-5 win ocer the Rockies. Only Coors field can aide Peace to a 5 hit game.

August 7th, 2019: We needed to stop the skid, with Zack Wheeler (5-7, 3.24 ERA, 1.26 WHIP) facing Zack Petrick (4-3, 3.79 ERA, 1.38 WHIP). Please, please, please win today.

And win we did! By the score of 4-2, Lewis Brinson made his impact again, hitting a 2 run shot in the 3-run third.

Wheeler was great, allowing just 3 hits and 2 runs in 6 innings. He struck out 8 and didn't walk a single batter. Check this out: Jake Diekman, Drew Steckenrider, and Brad Brach had identical statlines: 1 inning, 1 hit, 0 runs, 0 earned, 0 walks, and 2 strikeouts. The only difference was number of pitches (11, 15, and 16) and the first two earned holds while Brach the save.

We had 9 hits, and four of them were doubles: Ryon Healy, Anthony Alford, Nicky Delmonico, and Adieny Hechavarria. All position players that played today (including pinch hitter Miguel Rojas) all had a single hit in the game.

Now 54-54, we'd look forward to a four game home series with the Reds, a day off, then 3 against the Phillies to end a nice homestand. Let's hope for 7 wins! The Reds are 1-9 in their last 10 and have fallen all the way to 48-60.

Last edited by ayaghmour2; 04-10-2018 at 06:12 PM.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:12 PM   #59
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

August 8th-August 15th

August 8th, 2019: Tom Eshelman (0-1, 5.00 ERA, 1.06 WHIP) took the mound as we hosted the Reds for Cody Reed's season debut. Eshelman pitched well, but the pen fell apart and we were crusehd 9-1.

Eshelman gave up just 2 of the 9 in his 6 innings of work, allowing 4 hits and a walk, while strucking out 2. Both runs were off soolo homers. Kevin Chapman (1), Jake Diekman (2), and Kyle Barraclough (3) all gave up runs.

We also managed just 5 hits, a pair of singles for Ryon Healy and Adieny Hechavarria and a Charlie Tilson double. He drove in Ian Kinsler for the only run of the game.

August 9th, 2019: The White Sox lost hard throwing righty Bruce Rondon for the season with a paritally torn UCL. He was having an awful season, and he's never been able to regain his 2016 form.

Looking to return to .500, Adalberto Meia (4-7, 3.98 ERA, 1.23 WHIP) took on the struggling Brandon Finnegan (1-3, 8.24 ERA, 1.83 WHIP). When he faced us last year, he was nearly unhittabe.

Today equally sucked, as we managed just 1. Worst part is we were up 1-0 and gave up single runs in the 8th and 9th. Poor Mejia was really good, 4 walks and 3 hits in 7 innings with 5 strike outs. Steckenrider and Brach allowed the runs, yet both still have ERA's south of 2.00.

Our only offense was a 6th inning solo shot by Anthony Alford. Charlie Tilso left the game with a sore ankle, and will be out for a few days.

After the game I optioned Miguel Rojas to AAA, with Joe Mauer coming off the DL tommorow.

August 10th, 2019: I don't quite get it, but we now can't win the series against the Reds. Bruce Suter (4-3, 3.71 ERA, 1.49 WHIP) took the mound against Hyun-jin Ryu (4-7, 6.30 ERA, 1.40 WHIP) as we looked to at leaset try to earn the split tommorow. We had 4 cold hitters in the lineup, Teoscar Hernandez, Ian Kinsler, and Jett Bandy. The whole team has been bad recently...

It took 11 innings, but we lost again, 7-6. Suter struggled, 6 runs in 3 innings, but then the pen combined for 7 shutout innings, before Nick Rumbelow caved and allowed a run in the top of the 11th.

We made two errors, one for Bandy the other for the now 3B Nicky Delmonico, both of their 2nds on the year.

Lewis Brinson was half our offense, 2-for-3 with 3 RBi's on two home runs. Anthony Alford, Delomico, and Bandy also had 2 singles a piece, with Alford stealing his 21st base on the year. That's good for 3rd in the NL. He has no chance of 1st, Billy Hamilton has 66, and Trea Turner with 34 in 2nd seems hard to reach, but the former college football star has been an excellent threat on the base paths.

Marco Hernandez of the Red Sox hit for the cycle in a 11-7 win over the Yankees. He drove in 3 and scored twice.

August 11th, 2019: Are we really going to be swept at home in 4 games to an awful Reds team? Well, Jose Rafael Lopez (0-3, 21.21 ERA, 3.43 WHIP) might have something to say about it, as we countered with Colin McHugh (6-8, 4.66 ERA, 1.41 WHIP). The rookie Lopez has a 12.5 K/9 and 6.8 BB/9, both really, really high numbres. Tilson was in the lineup today, as he is just day=to-day.

We only got 1 run of that stupid Lopez guy... He was even player of the game... But luckily, we got to the pen and earned a hard fought 4-2 win to avoid the sweep. McHugh got a no decision, allowing 2 in 5 off 6 hits, 1 walk, and 8 strikeouts. Kyle Barraclough earned his 1st save of the season, as I assume Brach was too tired to pitch.

We were outhit 10-7, but we made the hits count. Teoscar Hernandez and Lewis Brinson doubled, while Ian Kinsler hit a 2 run shot off releiver Willy Peralta in the 7th. Brinson singled in a run in his 2 hit apperaence, while the leadoff man Charlie Tilson had 2 hits of his own.

Tyson Ross of the White Sox tossed a 5-hit shutout against the Royals.

We had a day off before a three game fight against the Phillies.

August 12th, 2019: I was going to recall Jeff Hoffman from rehab, but he is now Day-to-Day for about a week, so I kept him in the GCL and benched him so he wouldn't aggrevate his injury.

Ryan Borucki, who I traded to the White Sox in the Delmonico deal, tore his labrum and would miss the rest of the season. The lefty made his first start with the Sox, and suffered the injury in the 4th inning.

I didn't want to look at the power rankings. We somehow stayed at 20th, which didn't make sense.

August 13th, 2019: JoJo Romero (2-2, 3.33 ERA, 1.19 WHIP) was on the mound for the visiting first place Phillies. We had Zack Wheeler (6-7, 3.23 ERA, 1.22 WHIP). We needed these wins bad, as we've really fell off recently.

3-0 shutout was not nice, as the cries of "Wait till next year" continued to pick up as we fell to 55-58.

We only had four hits, and 2 of them were Nicky Delmonico. He tripled in the 7th inning.

August 14th, 2019: Joe Mauer asked to sign an extension, but I think I was going to let him become a free agent at the end of the year. Delmonico was more comftorable at 1B then 3B, and I still have faith in Brian Anderson, despite his struggles. Mauer didn't want much, but I'd deal with this later.

The Nationals will be without Aaron Barrett for the rest of the year. In his first taste of the big leagues since 2015, Barrett had a 2.65 ERA in 37.1 innings with 39 punchouts and 11 free passes.

Tom Eshelman (0-2, 4.50 ERA, 1.00 WHIP) took the mound against his former team and Ben Lively (4-4, 4.76 ERA, 1.29 WHIP).

Gulp. Well, we scored 4 runs. That's ice. But, we gave up 20. Yes, 20. Not 2. Not 0. Not 18, but 20...

Eshelman gave up 5 (4 earned) in 3.1 innings. David Pelps allowed 4 in 1.2 innings. Trade aquistion Mychal Givens (hindsight 20/20) allowed 7! 7! S-E-V-E-N in 1.1 innings... Can I get my money back!?!?!? Rumbelow gave up 4 in 0.2, and he'd be sent down after the game. Eshelman was a gonner once Hoffman was healthy. Shoutout to another former Phillie, Jake Diekman, who allowed 0 runs in 1.2 innings. Kyle Barraclough got the final out of the 9th on a 6 pitch strikeout.

Both cold, Ian Kinsler doubled and Teoscar Hernandez homered, so that's a plus. Kinsler cleared the bases in the 8th, and Hernandez's homer came in the 6th. I plan on forgetting this one...

August 15th, 2019: The Yankees lost closer Tommy Kahnle for the year with a strained hamstring. It's not too serious of an injury, but with the year almost over, he'd likely not return. Kahnle had 20 saves and a 3.98 ERA.

This torturous series with the Phillies was almost over, and it gets worse. Aaron Nola (12-5, 2.75 ERA, 1.05 WHIP) was out opponent. Before the game I called up Robert Gsellman so I could have a long guy in case Adalberto Mejia (4-7, 3.67 ERA, 1.21 WHIP) wanted to give up 20 runs too.

We decided 10 was enough, and we fell 10-7. Big loss to the Phils, Nola has hamstring soreness and left after the 3rd. It's just a day-to-day injury, but could escalate like Kahnle's injury.

Mejia allowed 6 (4 earned) in 4.1 before Gsellman allowed 3 in 1.2. He'd be sent back where he came from...

At least we hit! Kinsler and Delmonico both homered and drove in 3. Knsler had just 1 hit, while Dlemonico had 2 and scored twice instead of once. The vet Joe Mauer had a pair of singles, as he looked to earn that extension.

Gotta say, this is by far the worst set of games we've had in a while. Losing 6 of 7 at home, and we're now 5-60, 15.5 games out of 1st. It seemed our luck was running out.

We were on our way to the Windy City where we'd see the shockinlgy awful Yu Darvish (0-6, 7.91 ERA), Kyle Hendricks (7-7, 4.58 ERA), and Patrick Corbin (7-8, 5.23 ERA). Darvish has battled injuries all year, and his 10 starts haven't been great. The Cubs are awful, 52-63, but we're awful now too. We'd continue on the road for 4 against the last place Cardinals, before returning home. We'd have Jeremy Gabryszwski for the road trip, as Gsellman angered me.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:51 AM   #60
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

August 16th-August 22nd

August 16th, 2019: Francisco Liriano's career ended today, as the 35-year-old tore his UCL and decided to call it quits.

Bruce Suter (4-3, 4.63 ERA, 1.59 WHIP) took on Yu Darvish (0-6, 7.91 ERA, 1.66 WHIP) in the opener. They were begging us to win...

Yu Darvish pitched 6 shut out and we lost 5-0... I think I'm going to throw my computer...

Suter pitched himself out of the rotation, allowing 5 in 5 off 6 hits, a walk, and 6 strikeouts. I really didn't know who I'd call up to replace him...

Teoscar Hernandez had 3 of our 6 hits. He doubled, the only extra base hit of the game.

I might have found the rotatio replacements on waivers, either Cody Anderson or Matt Boyd. They both clear tommorow, so I took the gamble on grabbing Cody Anderson. He's 3-2 with a 4.27 ERA and 1.23 WHIP this year. He's got pinpoint control, and is worth taking a flyer on.

August 17th, 2019: The claim went through, and I added Anderson to the active roster, while optioning Suter down to AAA.

Chris Sale finally fell to the Mets pitching curse, tearing his ACL and ending his season. He was having a great year, 7-3 with a 2.28 ERA in 21 starts. The Twins also lossed rookie Thomas Hackimer for the year with a torn labrum.

Colin McHugh (6-8, 4.62 ERA, 1.41 WHIP) took on Kyle Hendricks (7-7, 4.58 ERA, 1.23 WHIP) in game 2. We needed a win so, so bad. 11 spread out runs generally does that for you.

Here's the breakdown: 2 off Hendricks, 2 off Dillon Maples, 2 off ex-Marlin Adam Warren, 3 off Tommy Hunter, and 2 off Chasen Bradford.

McHugh allowed 3 in 6 with 7 hits, 1 walk, and 3 strike outs, while picking up the win. Mychael Givens still sucks, allwoing 2 runs in the 9th off 2 hits and a walk. He did, however, strike out the side.

We had 11 hits, and a lot of them were out of the park. Jett Bandy and Adeiny Hechavarria had 3 hits a piece. Bandy hit 2 homes, and Hech hit his 2nd homer of the year. He also doubled. Bandy scored and drove in 3 runs, while Hech scored twice and drove in just 1. Ian Kinsler homered as well, while Brinson doubled. Both scored once and drove in 2. All hitters expect Alford and Mauer had hits and RBI's, although both walked and scored at least one. Spark or outlier? Let's hope for spark!

I was down a reliever though, as David Phelps is headed to the DL with a mild shoulder strain. Righty John Curtiss earned the callup.

The Rays Matt Duffy got a hit, raising his hit streak to 20.

August 18th, 2019: Cody Anderson (3-2, 4.27 ERA, 1.23 WHIP) made his Marlins debut in the season finale against the lefty Patrick Corbin (7-8, 5.23 ERA, 1.43 WHIP). Real life 2018 has done so much better then 2019 OOTP universe Corbin.

Anderson allowed 3 in 7, and picked up the loss as we fell 3-1. He allowed 8 hits and a walk, while striking out 3. Kyle Barraclough struck out the side in the 8th.

We did manage 8 hits, three courtesy of Kinsler. Hernandez and Brinson had two each, while Tyler Saladino had the last one. Kinsler doubled twice, while Saladino tripled.

Our upcoming opponent Kolten Wong had a 5-for-6 hit in a Missouri battle between the Cardinals and the Royals. They won 8-1. We were on the way to St. Louis, where we'd face Luke Weaver (5-7, 3.95 ERA), Tanner Roark (6-8, 4.91 ERA), Carlos Martinez (5-12, 6.59 ERA), and Michael Wacha (4-8, 4.09 ERA).

August 19th, 2019: Down all the way to 24th in the Power Rankings, we needed to sweep all four, but we'd still be 2 games behind .500. Maybe it's too late for this season...

Zack Wheeler (6-8, 3.36 ERA, 1.23 WHIP) opened the series against Luke Weaver (5-7, 3.95 EAR, 1.17 WHIP). We scored 5 in the 9th, but it wasn't enough as we lossed 7-5.

Wheeler allowed 4 in 4 innings off 5 hits, 3 walks, and 4 strike outs. Jeremy Gabryszwski allowed 3 runs in 2 innings off 4 hits, 2 walks, but struck out 3. I'd replace him too, but I don't really have any players left to call up...

Jett Bandy drove in 4 in the 9th with a 2 out grand slam. He also doubled in the 5th. Ian Kinsler had another 3 hits game, scoring and driving in a run. I think it's on to next year...

August 20th, 2019: Tom Eshelman (0-3, 5.27 ERA, 1.10 WHIP) took the mound against Tanner Roark (6-8, 4.91 ERA, 1.41 WHIP). Hopefully this is his last start, as Hoffman should start today in the GCL today as well.

20 hits and 14 runs lead to a nice 14-2 victory over the Cards. Eshelman went just 5, allowing 7 hits and 2 runs. He walked 1 and struck out 5. Mychal Givens rebounded, recording a 4 out save with just 1 hit and 2 strikeouts. I was impressed with the outing.

Joe Mauer, Nicky Delmonico, and Ian Kinsler were all triples away from the cycle. Delmonico drove in 5 and scored twice, the other two scored once and drove in three. Charlie Tilson had a trio of singles with 3 scored and 1 driven in. Teoscar Hernandez, however, was the star of the night, hitting 5 singles, scoring 3 times, and driving in 2. It was a crazy games, but all good things have bad sides...

Lewis Brinson sprained his ankle and left in the 5th. Luckily, it's minor, and he'll miss about a week. I placed him on the DL, and would make a callup tommorow.

Matt Duffy's hit streak was ended at 21.

And Hoffman pitched and got injured, again, so despite no diagnosis, I just placed him on the DL. Eshelman may have lucked out...

August 21st, 2019: Hoffman has a bone spur in his elbow, and will miss about 3-4 weeks.

I brought Magneuris Sierra to the majors to replace Brinson. He was hitting .312/.366/.410 with 9 steals and 25 RBI's in 50 games. He'd function as the 4th outfielder.

Adalberto Mejia (4-7, 3.88 ERA, 1.26 WHIP) took on Carlos Martinez (5-12, 6.59 ERA, 1.51 WHIP) for game 3. The game went 11 innings, and we came out on top 4-3.

Mejia allowed 3 in 5.1 innings, off 7 hits and 4 walks. He struck out 5. The pen then combined for 5.2 scorless from Drew Steckenrider, Barraclough, Curtiss, Brach, and Kevin Chapman. Brach got the win, Chapman the save.

Shockingly, Luis Torrens lead the hit parade with 3, including a solo shot. Ryon Healy hit a pinch-hit one as well. Mejia hit his 2nd double of the year, while Anthony Alford hit his 21st. Hernandez was still hot, 2-for-5 with a triple and RBI. Him and Tilson both stole bases. Another nice win, as we could win the series tommorow.

August 22nd, 2019: The Rangers will be without Mike Minor for the rest of the year with a partially torn UCL. He had a bounce back season last year in the rotation, making 33 starts, and he had 7 solid ones this year as well.

Colin McHugh (7-8, 4.61 ERA, 1.41 WHIP) took on Michael Wacha (4-8, 4.09 ERA, 1.38 WHIP). Could we win the series? Stay tuned!

Spoiler Alert: Nope... We dropped the finale 11-6.

McHugh gave up 5 in 3 and picked up the loss. Steck shockingly allowed 4 runs in the 8th, his ERA now up to 2.28, perhaps the first time all year with it above 2.00.

Jett Bandy hit a solo shot in the 9th, while Ian Kinsler, Teoscar Hernandez, and Anthony Alford all doubled. Kinsler drove in 2 (he struck out 4 times), and 1B Joe Mauer drove in 3. Nicky Delmonico was the only Marlin with more then 1 hit, 2-for-3 with 2 walks and a run scored. Adeiny Hechavarria was the only Marlin hitter without a hit, even pinch hitters Tyler Saladino and Magneruius Sierra (his first career hit!) got hits in one trip.