Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2020, 12:15 PM   #1
naturaldopamine
Minors (Double A)

Houston Astr*s in OOTP21

Will the Astr* player's contact/eye/discipline ratings be dropped by 10-15 pts since they're not as good as we all initially thought? Their power should remain the same but contact/eye/discipline should drop from a practical perspective. And perhaps Avoid K's as well?

Also I hope y'all remove their draft picks for realistic league progression. And I would love an option where we could add custom stadium sounds such as the banging of trash cans. Implementation would be much more immersive and take OOTP to a level we're all waiting for.

On a slightly more serious note - is it possible that teams can get punished for cheating in this new game? Or individual players at the very least? I assume that OOTP would first have to remove a weak, under-qualified commissioner such as Mannfred though, correct?

Thank you for clarity

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do."
Oscar Gamble
Old 02-22-2020, 12:39 PM   #2
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Commissioner mode. Have at it.
Old 02-22-2020, 12:40 PM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i know you are joking, but...

that's going to be a heck of a lot of work to fix all the roid-era players' historical ratings, if we are going to correct cheating..

heh.. a game that brags you aren't trying if you aren't cheating... gets so upset about... cheating.

on top of huge sums of money, culture of the game has never been that strict about cheating to begin with.

before roids, you had amphetamines. before digital sign stealing, you have analog sign stealing, lol... spitballs, scuffing and other alterations to impact path of ball on way to batter... corked bats (which isn't even a power benefit due to the law of conservation of energy, lol, but the intent is the key here.. possibly greater accuracy is the benefit with a lighter bat? but, it isn't added power for certain).

as longn as you don't get caught doing much of the stuff above, you are thought of as simply smart... not a cheater, which is more accurate.
Old 02-22-2020, 12:40 PM   #4
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldopamine View Post
On a slightly more serious note - is it possible that teams can get punished for cheating in this new game? Or individual players at the very least? I assume that OOTP would first have to remove a weak, under-qualified commissioner such as Mannfred though, correct?

Thank you for clarity
I'm pretty sure PED suspensions will be in before this and PED suspensions will probably never be in the game.
Old 02-22-2020, 12:48 PM   #5
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
And I would love an option where we could add custom stadium sounds such as the banging of trash cans.
There's a 0% chance they add this officially. They did say that custom stadium sounds will be a thing in OOTP 21, though, so I anticipate that someone will wind up making a little mod for it.
Old 02-22-2020, 01:06 PM   #6
andyhdz
All Star Starter

Oh ok and also an option to prevent non whites from being added to the team before 1947 no matter how hard you try, and a button to give players a greenie boost if you are playing in the 70s and a little injection if playing in 90s and 2000s when their numbers drop. Banging trash cans GMAFB
Old 02-22-2020, 01:19 PM   #7
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhdz View Post
Oh ok and also an option to prevent non whites from being added to the team before 1947 no matter how hard you try, and a button to give players a greenie boost if you are playing in the 70s and a little injection if playing in 90s and 2000s when their numbers drop. Banging trash cans GMAFB
There is actually a 'Color Barrier' option that can be toggled pre-1947.
Old 02-22-2020, 06:01 PM   #8
naturaldopamine
Minors (Double A)

And another thing to change for every player.....

Adaptability, Work Ethic, Loyalty, Greed, Leader
National Popularity: Disliked

And I'm not even kidding with these requests. They simply aren't as good as the game makes them out to be. And they have zero character, zero integrity, zero morals. The steroid era is nothing when contrasted to what this team has done. And I play in online leagues exclusively - so I will not be utilizing any commissioner mode. The Astr*s need to be nerfed in 21 because that is realistic.

Thank you again

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do."
Oscar Gamble
Old 02-22-2020, 06:28 PM   #9
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Quote:

And I'm not even kidding with these requests. They simply aren't as good as the game makes them out to be. And they have zero character, zero integrity, zero morals. The steroid era is nothing when contrasted to what this team has done. And I play in online leagues exclusively - so I will not be utilizing any commissioner mode. The Astr*s need to be nerfed in 21 because that is realistic.

Thank you again
It wont happen, and you'll be ok.
Old 02-22-2020, 08:06 PM   #10
andyhdz
All Star Starter

Funny I remember the same kind of sactimonious outrage when the Cowboys in the 90s started getting into legal trouble and lo and behold soon it become the norm for the entire league. So careful what you wish for especially about a league culture that's been built on cheating for over a century.
Old 02-22-2020, 08:11 PM   #11
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

The Astros were able to eye the monitor, contact the dugout to relay the sign and the batters were discipline enough to listen for the signal.

I don't know but seems like their contact/eye/discipline works just fine.

Last edited by BaseballMan; 02-23-2020 at 10:55 AM.
Old 02-22-2020, 08:36 PM   #12
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Right now, I'm so peeved with the Astr*s that they are likely to be dropped from my game, serving as an opportunity to bring back the Montreal Expos . . . in the American League!

- Bru

Old 02-22-2020, 08:56 PM   #13
Vegas Vic
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
i know you are joking, but...

that's going to be a heck of a lot of work to fix all the roid-era players' historical ratings, if we are going to correct cheating..
I think he was referring to downgrading some of the Astros' players ratings more as a predictive measure moving forward, since they won't have the benefit of knowing what pitch is coming.
Old 02-22-2020, 11:09 PM   #14
LetsGoMocs
Minors (Single A)

He obviously didn't read that part of the report where the Astros didn't cheat for a vast majority of 2018 and 2019, but I guess ignorance is cool
Old 02-23-2020, 12:57 AM   #15
low
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoMocs View Post
He obviously didn't read that part of the report where the Astros didn't cheat for a vast majority of 2018 and 2019, but I guess ignorance is cool

Old 02-23-2020, 01:48 AM   #16
andyhdz
All Star Starter

Its also hilarious when I hear Yankee fans whine about how unfair it was while their team had more double the team payroll than 8 teams last year.
Old 02-23-2020, 03:11 AM   #17
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Ill be suspending every player that was on the postseason roster for them in 2017 for carious lengths and/or banning them from the playoffs for sn X amount of years.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:08 AM   #18
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhdz View Post
Its also hilarious when I hear Yankee fans whine about how unfair it was while their team had more double the team payroll than 8 teams last year.
"We may have broken the rules and cheated, but you guys did something within the rules that most teams are capable of and just choose not to do!"
Old 02-23-2020, 09:36 AM   #19
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Thank you again
I actually did something similar in my updated roster set for OOTP 20. Jose Altuve ended up winning the MVP. But the Asterisks were swept by the Dodgers in the 2020 WS.

Old 02-23-2020, 02:32 PM   #20
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoMocs View Post
Oh. Well then Nevermind. Can you remind me which years they did cheat and which years they won the World Series. My memory is foggy as I get older.