Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - New to the Game?

OOTP 20 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 01-29-2020, 10:56 PM   #1
upswade
Bat Boy

Just purchased OOTP 20

Please help a complete noob out. I just purchased OOTP 20 on January 28, 2020 with the intent of starting out prior to the 2020 season. I was hoping there was a way to incorporate the league as it stands today.

Is this possible or did I make a mistake and should have waited for OOTP 21?
upswade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 03:00 AM   #2
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Welcome to OOTP.

Yea, the best you can do is run a Live Start from the date at the start of the post-season; this will at least cover all of the transactions and injuries forward that occurred during the 2019 regular season (well, for the most part); It will take about 10 minutes to update / download all of the data etc... for the regular season. It does not update to today (in your post 1/28/2020, or today, 1/20/2020). Also, there are a few oddities at play with starting a save at the post season start-date that I picked-up when I did this and I reported those; but I don't think a lot of folks start saves in the post season like I tried to.

To be honest, I think it is pretty tough to update past that post-season start point, because it appears that the FA, extensions, post season trades are a lot of trouble to input into the game. Tough to stay in-front of all that activity from day-to-day.

Anyway, if you buy OOTP 21, and are also looking to say start a MLB franchise for the 2020 season, with say opening day rosters and updated farm, as well as 2020 draft class, it usually takes till about the 2nd patch for that to be near completely correct. The opening day rosters are usually fairly good at game launch, but the fact is that the game is usually released weeks in advance of the season start, and as you know, there is always some fluidity in the rosters up to that point.
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote