Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-15-2019, 10:04 PM   #1
MorrisButtermaker
Minors (Single A)

Perhaps a "league" of independent teams from different leagues or non affiliated teams could be adde

Perhaps what OOTP Baseball might want to do is create a "league" of independent teams from different leagues (or some that did not play in any league) that included the Brooklyn Bushwicks and eleven or so others. Also included in this "league" could be independent African-American teams that did not play in the Negro American League or Negro National League and so are not currently found in the simulation. Luke Easter's Cincinnati Crescents are a team that would be fun to utilize.

Last edited by MorrisButtermaker; 05-16-2019 at 08:08 PM.
MorrisButtermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:27 PM   #2
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisButtermaker View Post
Perhaps what OOTP Baseball might want to do is create a "league" of independent teams from different leagues (or some that did not play in any league) that included the Brooklyn Bushwicks and eleven or so others. Also included in this "league" could be independent African-American teams that did not play in the Negro American League or Negro National League and so are not currently found in the simulation. actually the players and stats from many of these teams are included in the minor league player database and more are planned for OOTP21 The Luke Easter's Cincinnati Crescents are a team that would be fun to utilize.
the teams are not included due to the lack of sufficient rudimentary information to create a league that would play in any way close to IRL.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:15 PM   #3
MorrisButtermaker
Minors (Single A)

this could be where I come in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
the teams are not included due to the lack of sufficient rudimentary information to create a league that would play in any way close to IRL.
I realize someone would have to do the research that so that the "lack of sufficient rudimentary information" issue could be addressed. Might OOTP Baseball be interested in hiring someone like me for the job? I have a very deep resume when it comes to research, writing and publication.

Last edited by MorrisButtermaker; 05-16-2019 at 08:17 PM.
Old 05-18-2019, 11:08 AM   #4
MorrisButtermaker
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
actually the players and stats from many of these teams are included in the minor league player database and more are planned for OOTP21 .
Is there a thread I can use to post suggestions/requests for players?
Old 05-18-2019, 01:46 PM   #5
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisButtermaker View Post
Is there a thread I can use to post suggestions/requests for players? Not at this juncture
A mere list of names would not be useful. That ship has sailed. Every boat needs a useful oar even if the sail is its most important feature.

player demographics like handedness ht wt birthday and birthplace and such is necessary as well as batting, fielding and pitching data. Those are the oars/mops needed to keep things shipshape and the decks properly swabbed.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:14 AM   #6
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Leagues that are missing when starting a new Game 2019 Rosters the other Winter Leagues out their and in Live Start Arizona Fall League.
We have 94 QuickStart but not one for what if they kept the guy they Drafted League and what I'm talking is like Mark McGwire never leaving the A's or like Yelich never leaving the Marlins.

Last edited by mgom27; 05-19-2019 at 09:24 AM.
mgom27 is offline   Reply With Quote