Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > Auction House Forum

Auction House Forum Looking for a particular card? Found a steal? Post here!

Old 01-23-2019, 02:52 PM   #1
Camelsback
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I have this friend...

...and he's wondering about his 98 Nolan Aranado. Seems that my "friend's" Nolan has been averaging .227 w/ 20-25 HRs over seven seasons , and he's wondering if he shouldn't sell him off and buy a 700pp George Kell or 2k PP Eddie Mathews instead? Just askin'
Camelsback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 11:07 PM   #2
BidPro
Minors (Single A)

I have the same card with the same results. I think the game play is just random.
BidPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 12:49 PM   #3
WBTyler939
Minors (Single A)

I have yet to see anyone who's had good results with the 98 Diamond Nolan Arenado. Seems so strange.
WBTyler939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 01:29 PM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBTyler939 View Post
I have yet to see anyone who's had good results with the 98 Diamond Nolan Arenado. Seems so strange.
He struggled his first year with me, but has been fine the last 2 years. .240-.245 hitter, .775 OPS, and solid D. 2.8ish WAR last year, this year on pace for 3.7. Would love to upgrade on him, but hard to find someone with good D and with a bat that plays well enough, and that costs less than 20k.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 03:56 PM   #5
BidPro
Minors (Single A)

Arenado

How is .245 good? His career low is .267 or a 2.8 WAR - his career WAR is over a 5.0

Last edited by BidPro; 02-06-2019 at 03:57 PM.
Old 02-06-2019, 04:42 PM   #6
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BidPro View Post
How is .245 good? His career low is .267 or a 2.8 WAR - his career WAR is over a 5.0
The real Arenado is not facing the games greatest pitchers from the last 120+ years night after night. Hitters in PT will not hit as well and pitchers will not pitch as well due to the level of competition.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 04:49 PM   #7
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
He struggled his first year with me, but has been fine the last 2 years. .240-.245 hitter, .775 OPS, and solid D. 2.8ish WAR last year, this year on pace for 3.7. Would love to upgrade on him, but hard to find someone with good D and with a bat that plays well enough, and that costs less than 20k.
I just cannot handle him anymore. I think that he struggles so much because he's an extreme pull hitter and pretty much everyone uses extreme shifting. I've stayed with him for way too long. 8.2 WAR in 1123 games for me, and that's with his excellent glove. Granted, most of that has been in diamond where I was stuck for 4 seasons along with 1.5 seasons at perfect. He only had an OPS+ over 100 once for me, and this is with a HR factor of 1.1 for RHB also.

I think you can find a much better platoon for far less than 20K.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by zrog2000; 02-06-2019 at 04:55 PM.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:00 PM   #8
reo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelsback View Post
...and he's wondering about his 98 Nolan Aranado. Seems that my "friend's" Nolan has been averaging .227 w/ 20-25 HRs over seven seasons , and he's wondering if he shouldn't sell him off and buy a 700pp George Kell or 2k PP Eddie Mathews instead? Just askin'
Is he playing in Coors?

Quote:
Variance.
Gil Renard: Don't get greedy, son. Don't get greedy. What we need now is a sacrifice. A winning team has to know how to manufacture runs. Coop taught me that. He used to say the most beautiful play in the game is a sacrifice fly, and you know why?
Richie Renard: 'Cause you give yourself up for the team?
Gil Renard: And it doesn't even count against your average. That's why baseball's better than life - it's fair.
reo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:06 PM   #9
reo
Minors (Triple A)

I'd also like to remind everyone that in diamond and perfect, you're facing tough competition daily. No one should expect his 2018 numbers.
Gil Renard: Don't get greedy, son. Don't get greedy. What we need now is a sacrifice. A winning team has to know how to manufacture runs. Coop taught me that. He used to say the most beautiful play in the game is a sacrifice fly, and you know why?
Richie Renard: 'Cause you give yourself up for the team?
Gil Renard: And it doesn't even count against your average. That's why baseball's better than life - it's fair.
reo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:58 PM   #10
BidPro
Minors (Single A)

Can somene explain how the game does the simulation.
Old 02-06-2019, 07:50 PM   #11
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
I just cannot handle him anymore. I think that he struggles so much because he's an extreme pull hitter and pretty much everyone uses extreme shifting. I've stayed with him for way too long. 8.2 WAR in 1123 games for me, and that's with his excellent glove. Granted, most of that has been in diamond where I was stuck for 4 seasons along with 1.5 seasons at perfect. He only had an OPS+ over 100 once for me, and this is with a HR factor of 1.1 for RHB also.

I think you can find a much better platoon for far less than 20K.
I ended up picking up a Mel Ott to platoon with him. Works out great for me as well since I can shift Ott to RF against lefties to platoon with Snider. Tempting to drop Arenado at some point too, but I have roster space for him and he makes a solid defensive sub/platoon guy.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:28 PM   #12
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
I ended up picking up a Mel Ott to platoon with him. Works out great for me as well since I can shift Ott to RF against lefties to platoon with Snider. Tempting to drop Arenado at some point too, but I have roster space for him and he makes a solid defensive sub/platoon guy.
He hasn't done too bad for me, and worked out as a pretty solid platoon in perfect. That was after I had given up on him after a terrible year.

Name:  Arenado.png
Views: 551
Size:  219.3 KB
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 06:21 PM   #13
warneke
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Can you be more specific?
warneke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 07:57 PM   #14
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Pitch by pitch internally.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 01:04 PM   #15
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by reo View Post
Is he playing in Coors?
Maybe that's the problem. I only get the away version of Arenado. Talk about overrated.
Attached Images
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote