Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2018 > MLBM 2018 - General Discussions

MLBM 2018 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2018, the baseball management game for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:24 PM   #21
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmC View Post
Playing historical seasons, starting in 2016, so there are two wild card teams in each league. If there is a tie at the top of the division and the teams' records would qualify them as the #1 and #2 wild card teams, both show up as such in the Wild Card Standings. Most importantly, the Games-Behind-Leader for the remaining teams is wrong, as it doesn't take into account the fact that the true second wild card team is the third one in the list. Thus, my team went from 5 games out of the second wild card spot to 15 games out to 5 games out, simply because the division leaders were tied for one game.
I wonder how it would be listed in real life. Do they go to a tie breaker during the season in this situation?

I just figured when I read it that If teams have identical records and are tied for first neither is really in possession of first place so in essence they are both wildcards until one of them gains the lead in the division and then everyone bumps up a spot. I also realize I don't know
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:50 PM   #22
IAmC
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
I wonder how it would be listed in real life. Do they go to a tie breaker during the season in this situation?
Good question. Regardless, the GBL should be representative of how many games a team would need to make up in the standings to qualify for a wild card spot, irrespective of whether there are ties at the top of the divisions.
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 01:41 PM   #23
IAmC
Major Leagues

Reposted from another thread, discussing the latest build:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
Still having trouble scrolling through all star game rosters
Me too. The first and last were no problem. Occasionally, I got to what I assume was the fourth one (since I saw that Dalton Pompey made it in the AL CF). So, I could see the preamble and the first two pitchers of the AL roster by default. If I tried to go down, either it would give me the last page or it would scroll down by one player (so I saw the third pitcher). Typically, it would go down to the last four players of the AL roster or the last page. Very, very rarely, I ended up on the page that had an AL catcher at the top of it (so I was able to see that Josh Donaldson didn't make it, despite being second in homers and second in RBIs). I never managed to see the rest of the AL pitchers or the lower part of the NL pitchers.
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 01:27 AM   #24
timmermac
Major Leagues

There is a roster bug with the 2008 Washington Nationals. I am playing against them opening day with my Atlanta Braves, and Willie Harris is playing both second and third base.

Crush the baseball. Drive it before you. And hear the lamentation of the opponent's women.

I am king of the diamond! Let there be a grand clubhouse feast! Bring me the finest meats and cheeses in all the land!
timmermac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 11:14 PM   #25
bababui
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Bought the game yesterday and played five games into a new fictional season. I exited the game and didn't see any save or log out button. When I reopened the game I found I lost three games I played. However my number three starter was exhausted even though he hadnt pitched in any games.

This seems to be the same pointless and annoying 'feature' in OOTP that happens when you exit or crash without using the exit button.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny P. View Post
Try to rob me at gun point, I'll just kick your ass. No cops needed!
bababui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 07:18 AM   #26
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababui View Post
Bought the game yesterday and played five games into a new fictional season. I exited the game and didn't see any save or log out button. When I reopened the game I found I lost three games I played. However my number three starter was exhausted even though he hadnt pitched in any games.

This seems to be the same pointless and annoying 'feature' in OOTP that happens when you exit or crash without using the exit button.
iOS or Android?
Old 04-03-2018, 01:19 PM   #27
bababui
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
iOS or Android?
Android 7 16 gig roughly 800mb free hd space

Everything seems to save except for the schedule. The stats are current but the schedule goes back to the last save.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny P. View Post
Try to rob me at gun point, I'll just kick your ass. No cops needed!
bababui is offline   Reply With Quote