Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:23 AM   #1
dtizzle
Minors (Triple A)

Players got dumped

In the off-season my minor league affiliate (Tulsa oilers) switched from one league to another. In that process my players were all released. So I had to go back and use commissioner powers and get them all back. Anyone have a take on this and what i should do so I don’t lose all my minor players again? This happened between 1932 and 1933.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dtizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 08:57 AM   #2
dtizzle
Minors (Triple A)

Anyone? Now in off season 1935 with full minors. Lose some affiliates and gain some affiliates. But some of my deep minor players are released when new teams arise. Anybody have a thought?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dtizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 10:31 AM   #3
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

There are other threads on this topic. It happens to me every time I use historical minors, so I stopped using the feature. Others seem to indicate that the feature works fine for them but maybe they just don’t notice.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 01:40 PM   #4
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

minor leagues were gypsies in regard to affiliations. They came and went from one organization to another, or went independent quite often. There were lots of tests on this in last years beta, and while certain circumstances in the game do make it so the players do go to FA, there are other user issues that cause it. One (caused by user) is roster size limits, another age limits on your minor league rosters. If these are in place, the players have no place to go. (also need to be certain, reserve rosters are allowed in your league and what # is the limit on that.)
it was difficult for me when i first used historic minors to keep track of what was going on. So i made a point of going to Bbref at the start of each season to see if my affiliate was going to be there at the end of the year.
https://www.baseball-reference.com/r.../affiliate.cgi
If it wasn't - i could manually move players after the WS but before the off-season actually began. Some work, but i could at least keep my players.
In theory, if players are released, when you get minors re-affiliated, they are supposed to be returned. i've never run a test on that, so can't say for certain.

don't know if this is actually a help, but might be something to consider ..... good luck.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 02-17-2018 at 01:45 PM.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 01:53 PM   #5
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
So i made a point of going to Bbref at the start of each season to see if my affiliate was going to be there at the end of the year.
https://www.baseball-reference.com/r.../affiliate.cgi
If it wasn't - i could manually move players after the WS but before the off-season actually began. Some work, but i could at least keep my players.

This doesn’t help the AI keep its players.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:56 PM   #6
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtizzle View Post
In the off-season my minor league affiliate (Tulsa oilers) switched from one league to another.
not that it matters, but just for historical clarification - Tulsa stayed in Texas league in 1934. They just were no longer part of Pittsburgh organization, merely independent (unaffiliated).

https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...=OK&country=US
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen

Old 02-17-2018, 01:58 PM   #7
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
This doesn’t help the AI keep its players.
no. it doesn't. i really am not certain how it works, just know some ways it doesn't.
Sorry if i came across that way.

i found this post discussing pretty much the same thing - it's not supposed to happen and when it does, players are supposed to be returned, if i read it correctly.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...4&postcount=19

so, i dunno.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 02-17-2018 at 02:08 PM.
Old 02-17-2018, 02:25 PM   #8
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Yes, he was replying to me. My experience doesn’t match his answer.
Old 02-17-2018, 07:44 PM   #9
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Yup, there is a bug in that there procedure there is. It ain't supposed to happen the way it is. When a team moves leagues or gets unaffiliated the players are supposed to return to their organization and only get released if there is no room for them. Just guessing but I believe when a team just moves leagues and keeps its affiliation the players are supposed to stick same as if a team moves cities in the same league. There is a minor league franchise ID that is supposed to control that.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:01 PM   #10
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

This Bug is listed as confirmed in the PT

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...?issueid=10318
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote