Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 09-24-2016, 09:45 AM   #81
landru22
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
It is not clear if and when we are able to offer saves that are compatible from version to version.
I'm sorry, but this statement here is not acceptable. I have had to painstakingly re-enter each team and their players for each version of this game for my league that has been running since the early 1970's! I had really hoped I had finally found the platform for me (I judged this by the development of OOTP baseball). I fully expected by version 3 there would be an import option.

Not being able to import saves from a previous version is a game breaker for me and I can no longer support this game.
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 09:57 AM   #82
JPL86
Minors (Double A)

I started playing a fictional league in FHM2, but stopped playing months ago when I learned that the game might not be able to be imported into the next version. Now that it has been officially stated, I will no longer waste my time continuing my league, and I will not purchase FHM3.

Ridiculous.

Last edited by JPL86; 09-24-2016 at 10:08 AM.
JPL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:00 AM   #83
landru22
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Unfortunately, it is technically impossible to have saved games from FHM2 transfer to FHM3 because so many core parts of the game changed.

Markus
I don't believe this statement. If I can manually enter all of this information into FHM3, I don't see why this could not be automated in some way. Maybe it wouldn't be called an "Import". Perhaps a "Convert" would be a better term.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:00 AM   #84
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatian View Post
Is this means that there is no unlimited number of seasons to play ?
In career mode there is a limit to your seasons. But with no speed sim options and playing the day to day operations, the limit should be more then enough. You also can continue in your game world with a new GM/Coach.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:07 AM   #85
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Why is it not acceptable? We never promised it would be possible, in fact we already said very early this year that save transfers are not possible for FHM 3 and at this point we canīt say if it will be possible in FHM 4.

I also stated that OOTP (with almost 20 years of development) and FHM are two different games with different code bases. We are very happy to work close with Markus and the OOTP team and when it fits, we take stuff from OOTP and implement it into FHM but in the end, FHM is a game on itīs own. I think it is a bit strange to expect something from one game "just because another game from the same Publisher has feature X". I donīt buy NHL Hockey from EA Sports and expect thinks just because they are in Madden.

Iīm really sorry that FHM at this point is not what you are looking for and I understand that you will not buy it. I also hope that at some point it might work better for you but until then we can just continue our way of improving the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by landru22 View Post
I'm sorry, but this statement here is not acceptable. I have had to painstakingly re-enter each team and their players for each version of this game for my league that has been running since the early 1970's! I had really hoped I had finally found the platform for me (I judged this by the development of OOTP baseball). I fully expected by version 3 there would be an import option.

Not being able to import saves from a previous version is a game breaker for me and I can no longer support this game.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:11 AM   #86
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
I don't believe this statement. If I can manually enter all of this information into FHM3, I don't see why this could not be automated in some way. Maybe it wouldn't be called an "Import". Perhaps a "Convert" would be a better term.
It is not about "entering all the information's". We added many new features that drastically change the way FHM works and continuing old save makes absolutely no sense at this point.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:12 AM   #87
landru22
Major Leagues

Quote:
Why is it not acceptable?
It is unacceptable to ME as a paying customer, so, therefore, I will no longer be a paying customer. I had hoped, reasonably so in my opinion, that the FHM franchise would follow the successful path that OOTP laid before it. I can see now that I was wrong. I do wish you luck, however. I just wish you had chosen a different path.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:13 AM   #88
JPL86
Minors (Double A)

Not Acceptable = Will not purchase New Game (FHM3 or any future version until it is possible to move a league from one version to the next).

People that play fictional leagues (which is very popular) would need to re-enter their entire league into the new version. Otherwise all the hard work creating a fictional league is wasted.
JPL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:14 AM   #89
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPL86 View Post
I started playing a fictional league in FHM2, but stopped playing months ago when I learned that the game might not be able to be imported into the next version. Now that it has been officially stated, I will no longer waste my time continuing my league, and I will not purchase FHM3.

Ridiculous.
See my other posts about this topic. We are really sorry to lose you as a customer but we just canīt make everyone happy. The day only has 24 hours and we are just 2 people doing all the coding. We have to set priorities what to do first and of course we try to add what we think will make as many people as possible happy before we start to work on more obscure whishes (which we will, once the groundwork is done). I totally understand everyone who might be not happy with our decisions but unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:16 AM   #90
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
It is unacceptable to ME as a paying customer, so, therefore, I will no longer be a paying customer. I had hoped, reasonably so in my opinion, that the FHM franchise would follow the successful path that OOTP laid before it. I can see now that I was wrong. I do wish you luck, however. I just wish you had chosen a different path.
Thanks for the good wishes, I hope to see you back at some point in the future when the game is more the way you like it.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:22 AM   #91
P.Lehtonen#23
Bat Boy

[QUOTE=Sebastian Palkowski;4093922]Why is it not acceptable? We never promised it would be possible, in fact we already said very early this year that save transfers are not possible for FHM 3 and at this point we canīt say if it will be possible in FHM 4.

But still, why scrap all online play just because you can't get the transfer of saved games to work?
P.Lehtonen#23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:22 AM   #92
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPL86 View Post
Not Acceptable = Will not purchase New Game (FHM3 or any future version until it is possible to move a league from one version to the next).

People that play fictional leagues (which is very popular) would need to re-enter their entire league into the new version. Otherwise all the hard work creating a fictional league is wasted.
Again, I tried to explain it as good as I could in the past: we know EXACTLY what people want to play and what not. Believe it or not, fictional play is far behind historical play, which is far behind modern game play. IF a day had 72 hours, we would work on all 3 modes and add every feature possible for a new release but that is not the case. We have limited resources (team of 2, not 100) and we have to make priorities. You donīt like our priorities, that is your right and you donīt buy the game. We are of course not happy about it but we just canīt change it. We canīt hire more people, we canīt clone ourselfīs and we can make time go slower.

When we are happy with our core game we will start to work more on other modes as well or even hire someone to the team but until then I fear we will not make you happy. I still hope to see you back at some point in the future of course.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:40 AM   #93
Anton
Minors (Double A)

Online players be like...

Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:40 AM   #94
Spartacus70
Minors (Double A)

I'm ok with your explanations about online play. Anyways with my friends I founded more convenient to use database site and e-mails for files transferts.
My concern is this : can we still be able to have off-line multiplayers game or we step back in solo play like in version 1?
Spartacus70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:59 AM   #95
Nino33
Major Leagues

Quote:
It is unacceptable to ME as a paying customer, so, therefore, I will no longer be a paying customer. I had hoped, reasonably so in my opinion, that the FHM franchise would follow the successful path that OOTP laid before it. I can see now that I was wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Unfortunately, it is technically impossible to have saved games from FHM2 transfer to FHM3 because so many core parts of the game changed. By the way, in OOTP we introduced the functionality of importing past versions games in OOTP 6 or 7, IIRC.
Seems you are wrong, but it's about the path that OOTP took and not whether FHM is following a similar path

Sebastian - again IMO the focus on "quality first" is unquestionably the way to go, and again I'm glad to see it (the trying to please everyone approach/trying to add every bell and whistle is not.....while I'm a historical fan and don't really care about modern at all, I'm pleased to see the focus on "doing it right" so that eventually, when historical/fictional/online etc can be focused on more, they'll be high quality as well)
Nino33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 11:21 AM   #96
IncognitoNL
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Really excited about the way this is shaping up!
IncognitoNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 12:02 PM   #97
Leafs67
Minors (Triple A)

UI looks fantastic! Some of the new looking features I see in the screenshots...wow. Can't wait to play! Thanks for all the effort you put into making these fantastic games guys.
Leafs67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 12:26 PM   #98
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs67 View Post
UI looks fantastic! Some of the new looking features I see in the screenshots...wow. Can't wait to play! Thanks for all the effort you put into making these fantastic games guys.
spoiler alert...the leafs don't do well in their first season of FHM3
Old 09-24-2016, 12:29 PM   #99
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Quote:
In career mode there is a limit to your seasons. But with no speed sim options and playing the day to day operations, the limit should be more then enough. You also can continue in your game world with a new GM/Coach.
What is the limit?
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 12:29 PM   #100
landru22
Major Leagues

Guess I'll see you in about 3 or 4 years, then!