Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2008, 12:25 PM   #1
Buane
Minors (Double A)

Fictional, Potential-Only League Looking For A Couple Dedicated Owners

Hey guys, the Rising Star League, in the early stages of the 2010 offseason, has a few openings!

First, here are a few key things to note about the RSL:
  • The League uses a Potential Only talent display. Players' current talent ratings will not be displayed. This has been done to increase the realism of the General Manager's position. Do you gamble that a 37 year old, whose numbers began to dip last year, has a few years left in him? When is the right time to call up that prospect who's tearing up AAA? How soon can you give up on a struggling youngster and move him to another team? If you're unsure what this means, check out the League Reports that I linked above.
  • Displayed Potential Talents are on a 1-10 scale.
  • The OOTP9 Scouting and Coaching system is not used.
  • Four sims per week (Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday), one game week per sim.
If you're interested in joining, please get in touch with me one of these ways:
  • A Private Message via these forums
  • Instant message on my AIM screen name: Canndgoods
  • E-mail me at GMYale@gmail.com
  • Head on over to the the Rising Star League Forums, register a screen name, and send me a PM there!
Despite having an awesome core group of owners, we've seemingly got a perpetual 2 or 3 team vacancy. A lot of guys these days seem quite content to stick around for a month or two before abandoning the league, so I'm really trying to find some dedicated individuals who I can count on to stick with the league for a while. Some teams have unfortunately been a revolving door since the league's inception.

Obviously stuff comes up and some guys have to drop along the life of any league, but my owners right now are a bunch of awesome guys - too awesome for me to not make every effort to provide them with a full league. If you're a dedicated owner, and you're interested in the league, then you're the kind of guy I'm looking for.

The league is pretty young too. Despite having 20+ seasons of history built up, we've got only two years of human-GM play under our belt. It's a great chance to get in, grab a team, and make them your own - especially with all the young talent entering the league currently.

If you're interested, you can view the League Rules here. I've put a lot of time and thought into the league, and I hope it shows in the scope of the rules, and the details behind stadium construction & renovation. We've also got a News Ticker, so I can keep GMs updated as to what's going on in the league, as well as inform them of any special events coming down the road.

Since I don't run a team myself, I'm free to focus on the most important aspects of the league personally, and without bias. This league will be balanced, it will be competitive, and most importantly it will be fun. Here are the current open teams:

Cincinnati Twins: Went 86-76 last season in the ultra-competitive WC North Division. A young team with some excellent starting pitchers and fine prospects. A solid core for any GM to build off of.

Minneapolis Vikings: Finished last in the WC North, but won 79 games last year! No shame in getting beat in that division. The Vikings have some hitters that can pack a punch (reigning ROTY Juan Diaz) but they've got some big holes too. They need a talented GM that will have to choose between rebuilding or finding a way to compete now.

Denver Glaciers: A storied franchise that has fallen on hard times. At 67-95 last season they were last in the Western Conference in both Runs Scored and Runs Allowed. Doesn't seem to be any other direction here than to rebuild, but they do have some players that could fetch a decent return.

Hope to hear from some of you soon.
Buane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:28 PM   #2
Buane
Minors (Double A)

Minneapolis and Denver are now claimed, so only Cincinnati remains available!
Buane is offline   Reply With Quote