Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 01-03-2018, 07:11 PM   #1
Eli J
Bat Boy

Bizarre goalie trades

Hi there,

Enjoying this version of the game. But one factor is ruining it for me a little.

In my game, the AI keeps making awful, awful trades for goalies.

I've seen three absolutely ridiculous trades:

CGY sent Gaudreau to OTT for Mike Condon straight up.

TOR sent Morgan Reilly somewhere for a 2.5 star 30 year old goalie.

And now, VAN just sent Brock Boeser, fresh off a 63 point campaign, to Buffalo for Robin Lehner who posted a .903 save pctg.

Mostly the trade system is reasonable.. some weird trades, but nothing too game breaking.

But the goalie overvaluation is killing me.

What's up?
Eli J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 02:36 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Is this with a completely updated game? We removed some trade logic a couple of updates ago that was leading to some strange goalie trades (the Gaudreau/Condon thing in particular looks like that.)
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 03:17 PM   #3
eldur00
All Star Reserve

I'm seeing similar things too in an historical game.

St-Louis traded a 1st for Mike Dunham. The next day they waived Dunham (and I claimed him).

Goalies seem to be traded for very high picks (often a 1st or a 2nd), especially compared to position players, while in reality there is not a huge market for goalies.

That's with a completely updated game. I'm not saying there's a problem per say, but I did notice something similar (albeit in an historical game).
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 05:02 PM   #4
Eli J
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Is this with a completely updated game? We removed some trade logic a couple of updates ago that was leading to some strange goalie trades (the Gaudreau/Condon thing in particular looks like that.)
Hey Jeff, yes. It's with the latest patched version on Steam.
Eli J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:22 AM   #5
Knoeppel
Minors (Single A)

In my save The Rangers traded Lundqvist and the rights to Nathan Gerbe to the Flames for Backlund.

Two days later they traded Domingue to Arizona for Markus Nutivaara.

Now they are stuck with two lowerleague goalies. (One with 0,5 Star and one with 1,5star)

Since the update i have seen many trade with players that have NM clause or NT clauses. Just like Lundqvist have.

Last season the Sharks traded Joe Thornton and Letestu to Buffalo for McCabe.
Two days later Buffalo traded Thornton and Antipin to Penguins for Dumolin and rights to Seignez.

It´s strange that a player with NM/NT agrees with this.

(Yes this is with the latest patch)

Edit.
And now Colorado (They signed Thornton in the offseason) traded him (now with both NM and NT) to Florida. The day efter the trade he apparently retired. But there was no message about that. So i guess the game didn´t regonize him as important news....

Last edited by Knoeppel; 01-05-2018 at 08:32 AM. Reason: more info
Knoeppel is offline   Reply With Quote