Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-27-2016, 08:47 PM   #1
jonnycosmic
Minors (Single A)

Contract Negotiations

Just a quick question with regards to contract negotiations for both unrestricted and restricted free agents, has anything changed with regards to negotiating?

I ask because in FHM2 it wasn't a negotiation process. It was "Player A has requested 2.1m for 5 years and will accept no less, even though to qualify him is £925,000"

I know some people see this game as having major problems, but for me the inability to actually have a negotiating process with your players makes the game unplayable. The ability to knock £500,000 off a contract with negotiations to fit under the cap is something that would make this game great.

Last edited by jonnycosmic; 10-27-2016 at 08:49 PM.
jonnycosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 08:44 AM   #2
jonnycosmic
Minors (Single A)

Anyone?
jonnycosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 08:56 AM   #3
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

There is some negotiation now.

If player asks for 1.1 million a year for 3 years, and you offer 900,000 for 3 years, player will generally come down a little bit.

You can try to negotiate down again, but you need to take into account the player's mood, and also their 'greed' rating. Your GM negotiating skill should also come into play.

It's not perfect, but this is a pretty volatile human interaction, so it's going to be difficult to replicate perfectly with a sim.
Torgonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 05:37 PM   #4
Eugus
Minors (Double A)

I've been able to

-offer 100-900k less per year, usually around this amount but i've done more.

-you can wait and let a player get closer to free agency/test free agency, their demands usually go down/up

-if you offer less sometimes they will come back with a counter offer.

-front load a contract
Eugus is offline   Reply With Quote