Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 12-09-2019, 05:19 PM   #1
Harveytime
Minors (Double A)

Barrie Colts OHL Franchise Youtube Series

We are back !

Sorry for the delay this season fella's

Going to be doing nice short episodes this time. Excited to get going

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EiFfXRjFtA
Harveytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 03:58 AM   #2
Harveytime
Minors (Double A)

Episode 2 is up !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dzdS4IXB6U
Old 12-29-2019, 07:47 AM   #3
Harveytime
Minors (Double A)

Episode 3 is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLx-V5V7D4M
Old 12-29-2019, 07:48 AM   #4
Harveytime
Minors (Double A)

Episode 4 is also up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmPusdmHqtA
Old 01-01-2020, 10:48 AM   #5
Harveytime
Minors (Double A)

Episode 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-JNltqOaRk
Old 01-01-2020, 10:48 AM   #6
Harveytime
Minors (Double A)

Episode 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbDuyWUoHgA&t=636s
Old 01-18-2020, 04:43 PM   #7
Harveytime
Minors (Double A)

Episode 7!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64vI...ature=youtu.be

my favourite episode so far. can see the smashmouth dream team
Old 05-18-2020, 04:22 AM   #8
Harveytime
Minors (Double A)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZZq6zZxB6Q

Episode 17 !! We are resumed. All episodes 1-18 are in the playlist if you want to check it out.
Old 05-18-2020, 04:24 AM   #9
Harveytime
Minors (Double A)

Loving this save so far. The progression seems to be a bit better for Junior players in this years game compared to last. still a tad low (most first line players are only 6-10 rated once you get into all computer generated players 5 years in future) but its alot better than last years where first line guys would be 3-4 rated in the future.

Really enjoying this years game a lot.
Old 05-19-2020, 03:02 PM   #10
Mota
Minors (Single A)

ARe you having luck developing goalies? I drafted a 5 star potential goalie, and he is still 0.5 stars on his 2nd year. Getting smoked in league games. I have no problems getting 3 star players developed but not the goalies.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 05:11 AM   #11
Harveytime
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
ARe you having luck developing goalies? I drafted a 5 star potential goalie, and he is still 0.5 stars on his 2nd year. Getting smoked in league games. I have no problems getting 3 star players developed but not the goalies.
I drafted a 5'8 150 goalie in the first OHL Draft he was 6-8 in everything and by his 4th OHL year hes now 5'11 186 with 10 in everything and 14 reflexes so hes solid. had about a .900 save % last season at 18.

Players dont develop much but I just compare them to there peers so if my 10 rated guys are best in league you just got to consider that solid. Even tho when you start the game all the good OHL goalies are rated 12-14 in everything.
Old 05-21-2020, 11:53 AM   #12
blink
Minors (Triple A)

Just bought this game last night in part from watching some of your videos.

I've started with Owen Sound in the OHL. I've played some OOTP but FHM is brand new to me. Trying to work my way through how some of the screens work and that.

Any tips strictly for OHL that seem to work well for you?
blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:50 AM   #13
blink
Minors (Triple A)

2nd game into the season, Guzda my starting goalie gets a fractured ankle and is out for 5 months lol....
Old 05-23-2020, 01:34 AM   #14
Harveytime
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink View Post
2nd game into the season, Guzda my starting goalie gets a fractured ankle and is out for 5 months lol....
Haha dang!! Luckily Owen Sound has one of the best backup goalies in the OHL Nick Chenard. I love that roster. Deni Goure turned into a monster in my save he made the NHL at 19.
Old 05-23-2020, 01:36 AM   #15
Harveytime
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink View Post
Just bought this game last night in part from watching some of your videos.

I've started with Owen Sound in the OHL. I've played some OOTP but FHM is brand new to me. Trying to work my way through how some of the screens work and that.

Any tips strictly for OHL that seem to work well for you?
Ya I did the same adjustment last year from OOTP. the main one for OHL is you have to set all your scouts to ontario and click OHL draft region and set them all to permenant and make sure at the end of the season June 30th you cancel all your assignments and sim to the New year (July 1st) and set them all again. ( for the OHL set most of your scouts to ontario and 1 to Eastern USA and one to midwest USA) dont set any to west as thats WHL players. East still has a bunch of OHL draft eligibles though

I also would recommend getting players around the same age together on lines the chemistry ratings they develop really helps. I rotate my goalies each game but if ones much better he can do 2/3 the games. usually theres 3 games in a week so one can do 1st and 3rd game.

Last edited by Harveytime; 05-23-2020 at 01:37 AM.
Old 05-23-2020, 01:45 AM   #16
Harveytime
Minors (Double A)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFjjSqlTz-Q&t=3s

Episode 19 up
Old 05-23-2020, 05:36 PM   #17
blink
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveytime View Post
Ya I did the same adjustment last year from OOTP. the main one for OHL is you have to set all your scouts to ontario and click OHL draft region and set them all to permenant and make sure at the end of the season June 30th you cancel all your assignments and sim to the New year (July 1st) and set them all again. ( for the OHL set most of your scouts to ontario and 1 to Eastern USA and one to midwest USA) dont set any to west as thats WHL players. East still has a bunch of OHL draft eligibles though

I also would recommend getting players around the same age together on lines the chemistry ratings they develop really helps. I rotate my goalies each game but if ones much better he can do 2/3 the games. usually theres 3 games in a week so one can do 1st and 3rd game.
Dudas ended up tearing his ACL couple weeks after Guzda went down and is out 5-6 months (effectively ending his junior career more than likely) and the team was struggling without him and Guzda so I decided to rebuild this first year. We are terrible right now but I was able to trade for a couple of younger players with good potential and loaded up on 2020 draft picks.

I'm at the WJC's right now but definitely looking towards 2021 and 2022.

Really enjoying following your Colts franchise and I appreciate the advice with scouting!
Old 05-25-2020, 04:13 PM   #18
Harveytime
Minors (Double A)

Ha these dudes seem a bit old for U.S.NTDP u18
Attached Images
Old 05-25-2020, 10:09 PM   #19
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveytime View Post
Ha these dudes seem a bit old for U.S.NTDP u18
Yeah, unavoidable because they're in the USHL, they have to use the league age limit. I should probably just drop the U18 from the team name so it doesn't look odd.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 10:39 PM   #20
Harveytime
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Yeah, unavoidable because they're in the USHL, they have to use the league age limit. I should probably just drop the U18 from the team name so it doesn't look odd.
JEFF thank you so much for fixing this version so you don't have to quit every hour and reload because the menu's get super slow like in FHM5

This version is amazing. only thing missing is filters for ratings and stuff for draft. been loving this game a lot.