Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-23-2020, 09:41 PM   #1
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Sign in to forum help needed

My cousin and I played a World Series together with OOTP20 at my house in early December. He loved the game.

He went back home (about 3 hours away) and ordered OOTP20 and signed up for the forum.

Well a problem came up. He couldn't get the forum to recognize his sign-in so he tried again with different code/name. Of course the forum recognized his email address and here it is the closing of Feb and he still can't get into the forum to ask a question. He can get into the forum and read the posts but can't do anything else.

Just recently he printed out about 90% of the game manual. Our goal is to play online against each other some day. We are now both 75 years old and used to play dice baseball etc when we were kids. Even played on some of the early PC games.

We just hope our health holds up so we can do some playing online. Well, I got some good referrals for him from a kind friend here on the forum and my cousin got to contact one and was working on stuff but then there was no contact with the helper. Come to find out he is a person involved in working on the new version so we realize he is just way to busy now.

I was just wondering if there is anyone here that could give my cousin some suggestions on get his sign problem fixed so he will be extra ready when the new 21 version comes out in a few weeks.

Your time and help is deeply appreciated. I just pre-ordered OOTP21 today and have been on the forum here with each years new versions for over 6 years.

Don't forget to try PStrickert's great 1959 World Series Quickstart Mod for V12 & V11 !! At Padresfan's site.
skunkle333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 09:45 PM   #2
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Jack, I hope you find a solution soon. When you say the forum recognized his email, what do you mean exactly?
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 10:01 PM   #3
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

He tried to make a totally new sign-up for the forum. Different name and different password.

But the forum rejected his new attempt saying something like someone already has that email address. Yet he can't get in using his first attempt which was how they got his email address a few weeks ago.

But even when he tries to sign-in with his original first time effort...name/password the forum still won't let him in. ???

Have a great week Paul...

Don't forget to try PStrickert's great 1959 World Series Quickstart Mod for V12 & V11 !! At Padresfan's site.
Old 02-23-2020, 10:33 PM   #4
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Oh, I get it. Is there a reset password option when he tries to sign in with his email address? If so, he might be able to re-do his password and then, maybe, get where he wants to go.
Old 02-23-2020, 10:36 PM   #5
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

I just tried it and, yes, there is an option to resend the password. He apparently is using the right email address but the wrong password. So, if he clicks where it says, "Forgot your password?", he'll get the password sent to his email address. Then he can be certain he's using the right one.
Old 02-24-2020, 10:20 AM   #6
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Thank you. I'll contact him with that info.

GO OOTP21....!!!