Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 08-22-2014, 11:41 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Lightbulb 1994 ... what if? Quickstart available now!

Hey guys,

I have put together an OOTP 15 quickstart game for a book project, it starts on August 12th 1994, the day the strike started. It has the up-to-date standings, stats and rosters, so you can play out the remainder of the season and find out if Gwynn would have batted .400 and Montral would have won it all.

Here is the file:
http://files.ootpdevelopments.com/oo...4_official.zip

Installation:
To install, unzip the file into your OOTP 15 quickstart folder, which you can locate by opening the settings dialog in OOTP 15, click the 'Troubelshooting' tab and then click the button 'Open folder containing customizable data'. On most PCs the folder should be here, for example: 'My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 15\quickstart_games". ... After unzipping the quickstart, simply start a new quickstart game from the OOTP 15 main screen and select '1994'.

A few issues: VORP and WAR calculation is incorrect (missing stats) and there are no current injuries or DL assignments.

Anyway, have fun!

Cheers,
Markus

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 08-22-2014 at 12:25 PM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:42 PM   #2
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Congratulations to the Montreal Expos, 1994 World Champions.
chucksabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:46 PM   #3
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Which led to the construction of Labatt Park, for which the Expos signed a 49-year lease starting in 2008.

chucksabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:30 PM   #4
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Hey guys,

I have put together an OOTP 15 quickstart game for a book project, it starts on August 12th 1994, the day the strike started. It has the up-to-date standings, stats and rosters, so you can play out the remainder of the season and find out if Gwynn would have batted .400 and Montral would have won it all.

Here is the file:
http://files.ootpdevelopments.com/oo...4_official.zip

Installation:
To install, unzip the file into your OOTP 15 quickstart folder, which you can locate by opening the settings dialog in OOTP 15, click the 'Troubelshooting' tab and then click the button 'Open folder containing customizable data'. On most PCs the folder should be here, for example: 'My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 15\quickstart_games". ... After unzipping the quickstart, simply start a new quickstart game from the OOTP 15 main screen and select '1994'.

A few issues: VORP and WAR calculation is incorrect (missing stats) and there are no current injuries or DL assignments.

Anyway, have fun!

Cheers,
Markus
As a White Sox fan i will play this. When i played on 1994 on OOTP 12 the White Sox lost to Atlanta in the World Series. I'll let ya know what happens this time around.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 03:05 PM   #5
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

I just finished the 1994 regular season. I still have only two divisions in each league. Indians won the AL East with 103 wins, Royals were a surprise winner in the AL West by a game over the White Sox. The two NL expansion teams I created back in '86, Buffalo and Indianapolis, won their divisions like they have every year since 1989.

The Expos started horribly, worst record in baseball over the first two months, but rebounded to finish second behind Buffalo in the NL East, with a 84-78 record. The Braves finished second behind Indy in the NL West, with 104 wins.

Cleveland made short work of the Royals in the ALCS, winning in five. Indianapolis beat Buffalo in six games in the NLCS. World Series in currently tied at one game apiece.

Without Buffalo and Indy in the equation...I'm guessing the Braves would have won the NLCS over the Expos. They were great all year, while the Expos were lousy in the first half. Montreal's hot second half might have carried them to the NL crown, though, especially if the 1990's Braves legendary playoff choking abilities translated to OOTP.
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:01 PM   #6
The Game
Hall Of Famer

I started a dynasty thread and made a few edits to Markus' version. My version is available in the dynasty thread.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3742077
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:25 PM   #7
JMDurron
All Star Starter

Montral? Truly, it is the Rodney Dangerfield of MLB cities.
JMDurron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:38 PM   #9
Ceej
Minors (Double A)

I've previously researched the 1994 DL myself for my own season replay stuff, and I'll post it here for the benefit of those who want to play with an historically accurate (I hope!) DL as of August 12. If a guy never went on to play again I make a note of it, though it's seldom clear whether it was really a career-ending injury or if he recovered and just couldn't find a roster spot on a team again.

BOSTON
Danny Darwin: sidelined for two months with back spasms but it looks like he'd just recovered because he was scheduled as the starting pitcher for August 12.
Frank Viola: out for season with Tommy John surgery

CALIFORNIA
John Dopson: out since June with bone spur in right shoulder, never played again
Ken Patterson: out for season with Tommy John surgery, never played again
Eduardo Perez: hadn't played in the majors since June 3, but had been playing hurt in the minors with a hernia and then had surgery so it doesn't look like he would have been available as a late season call-up

CHICAGO CUBS
Jose Guzman: out since May with bone spurs in shoulder
Kevin Roberson: broken bone in hand after punching a door on July 5; was reported as being out for 4-6 weeks so he was probably close to returning at the time the strike started
Ryne Sandberg: retired in June (came back in 1996)
Anthony Young: gone for season with Tommy John surgery

CHICAGO WHITE SOX
Dan Pasqua: out since May with right knee injury, never played again

CINCINNATI
Tom Browning: out since May with a fractured left humerus
Joe Oliver: out since April with Reiter's Syndrome; was hoping to come back later in the season.
Tim Pugh: out since May with back injury
Jerome Walton: out since July 24 with inflamed bunions

CLEVELAND
Matt Turner: out since May with Hodgkin's Disease, never played in majors again

COLORADO
Armando Reynoso: gone for season with elbow surgery

DETROIT
John Doherty: out since July 10 with a strained ab muscle

FLORIDA
Chris Hammond: out since August 4 with hairline fracture of left fibula
Bryan Harney: out since late June with strained right groin
Jeremy Hernandez: season-ending surgery on June 6 for herniated disc in neck

HOUSTON
Jeff Bagwell: left wrist broken by pitch, might have been able to come back in late September
Brian Williams: out since August 1 with back injury

MILWAUKEE
Jeff Bronkey: out since May with bone chips in elbow
Darryl Hamilton: gone for rest of season with Tommy John surgery
Brian Harper: out since June 25 when left wrist was fractured by a pitch
Pat Listach: out since April with tendinitis in left knee
B.J. Surhoff: lower abdominal strain; had surgery August 18 so it seems unlikely he could have come back that season

MONTREAL
Jeff Fassero: out since July 24 with inflamed shoulder muscle

NEW YORK METS
Dwight Gooden: suspended on June 28 for 60 days
Rick Parker: out since May with left wrist injury

NEW YORK YANKEES
Kevin Elster: completed a minor league assignment rehabbing shoulder on August 20 so he would have come back after that

OAKLAND
Steve Karsay: out for season with elbow injury
Steve Sax: out since May with sore left heel, never played again

PHILADELPHIA
Darren Daulton: out since late June with fractured collarbone; on August 16 had two more surgeries, one for left knee and one for a cancerous mole
Tommy Greene: out since May 23 with a shoulder tear
Dave Hollins: out since July 24 after fracturing hamate bone in left hand on a checked swing; was expected to return sometime in September

PITTSBURGH
Al Martin: out for season with left wrist surgery
John Wehner: out since July 20 with a broken thumb

SAN DIEGO
Donnie Elliott: out since July 10 with strained right rotator cuff
Wally Whitehurst: season-ending surgery for bone spur in elbow
Tim Worrell: out for season with Tommy John surgery in May

SAN FRANCISCO
Mike Jackson: out since July 6 with tendinitis in right elbow
Willie McGee: out since June with torn left Achilles tendon
Kevin Rogers: hadn't played since May 2 with blood clot in left shoulder, had surgery on June 1, never played in the majors again
Robby Thompson: gone for season with rotator cuff surgery

SEATTLE
Chris Bosio: had surgery on July 22 for damaged cartilage in left knee
Greg Hibbard: out since June with partially torn shoulder

ST. LOUIS
Brian Jordan: broke four left ribs in a July 9 game in a collision with teammate
Rick Sutcliffe: out since July 23 with strained right shoulder; never played again

TEXAS
Jack Armstrong: shoulder injury in April, never played in majors again
Bruce Hurst: retired in June
Gary Redus: out since July 27 with bone chips in right elbow
Billy Ripken: out since July 16 with a hip injury
Ceej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:32 PM   #10
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Does it have accurate minor league teams?
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:47 PM   #11
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Does it have accurate minor league teams?
No minors at all.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:49 AM   #12
Ceej
Minors (Double A)

Some of the major league team rosters for 1994 are really thin - the Braves only used 30 guys all year! Also, there were only 114 rookie debuts in '94 compared to 203 in '93, 247 in '95, 194 in '96, and 180 in '97. Based on that, it looks like if the '94 season had continued, roughly 70 rookies who made their debuts in '95 would have been late-season call-ups in '94, and it would really help to pad out the rosters if we identified the most likely 70 or so rookies for any replayers who wanted to import them into '94 so they're available then.

So... there are 68 guys who made their debuts in April 1995, which only lasted a week because the season started late. I also count 76 guys making their debuts between August 12 and October 1 of 1993. Those two numbers are both pretty close to my estimate of 70 from the first paragraph. If I list the players who made their debuts in April 1995, that's a pretty good list of candidates to have appeared in '94 as late season call-ups.

Some of these guys switched teams during the '94-'95 offseason, mostly because they were taken in the Rule 5 draft in December, so I noted those.

ATL - Brad Clontz, Kevin Lomon (taken by Mets in Rule 5 draft), Jason Schmidt
BOS - Jeff Pierce, Frankie Rodriguez, Steve Rodriguez
CAL - Mike James, Troy Percival
CHC - Ozzie Timmons
CHW - James Baldwin, Ray Durham, Isidro Marquez
CLE - Jon Nunnally (taken by Royals in Rule 5 draft)
COL - Juan Acevedo, Roger Bailey, Jason Bates, Jorge Brito
DET - Ben Blomdahl, Bobby Higginson, Felipe Lira, Rudy Pemberton, Shannon Penn, Sean Whiteside
FLA - Mike Myers
HOU - Jim Dougherty
KCR - Chris Eddy (taken by A's in Rule 5 draft), Joe Randa, Dilson Torres, Michael Tucker, Joe Vitiello
LAD - Greg Hansell, Todd Hollandsworth, Noe Munoz, Antonio Osuna, Todd Williams
MIL - Steve Sparks
MIN - Marty Cordova, LaTroy Hawkins, Brad Radke
MON - Shane Andrews, Reid Cornelius, Mark Grudzielanek, Carlos Perez, Alberto Reyes (taken by Brewers in rule 5 draft), Curt Schmidt
NYM - Edgardo Alfonzo, Brook Fordyce, Ricky Otero, Quilvio Veras (traded to the Marlins in the offseason)
NYY - Brian Boehringer, Matt Dunbar (taken by Marlins in Rule 5 draft), Andy Pettitte
OAK - Don Wengert
PHI - Jeff Patterson (was sent to the Yankees in offseason as a PTBNL)
PIT - Jason Christiansen, Mark Johnson, Esteban Loaiza, Gary Wilson
SDP - Andres Berumen, Paul Menhart (not available in '94, he missed all that season with an injury)
SEA - Ron Villone
SFG - Chad Fonville (taken by Expos in Rule 5 draft), Chris Hook, Joe Rosselli
STL - Allen Battle
TEX - Jose Alberro, Wilson Heredia
TOR - Todd Steverson (taken by Tigers in Rule 5 draft)

If we want to bump the rookie pool up to 78, here are the next ten debuts, from May 1-4 of '95. Hideo Nomo is not included here because he was only signed by LA in February '95.

BAL - Vaughn Eshelman (taken by Red Sox in Rule 5 draft)
CIN - Matt Grott
CLE - David Bell
HOU - Dean Hartgraves
MIL - Scott Karl
MON - Tomas Perez (taken by Angels in Rule 5 draft)
OAK - Tanyon Sturtze (taken by Cubs in Rule 5 draft)
PIT - Angelo Encarnacion
STL - Terry Bradshaw
TOR - Freddy Garcia (taken by Pirates in Rule 5 draft)
Ceej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:47 AM   #13
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceej View Post
So... there are 68 guys who made their debuts in April 1995, which only lasted a week because the season started late.
Keep in mind that for the first three weeks of the 1995 season the active roster was 28, not 25. It was increased by three as compensation for the short spring training period.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:22 AM   #14
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
No minors at all.
You call that a league? Bah. I just designed a new one today and it already has full minors and all teams have logos, caps and uniforms.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:56 AM   #15
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You call that a league? Bah. I just designed a new one today and it already has full minors and all teams have logos, caps and uniforms.
You had it easy! I created a league with full minors and including not just current teams but all teams that ever existed and have yet to exist, along with all their logos, caps, uniforms, stationery, programs, media guides, tickets, and web sites. Plus I had to get up at six o'clock in the morning, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work at the mill for fourteen hours a day week, come home, and then work on the league!
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:17 PM   #16
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
You had it easy! I created a league with full minors and including not just current teams but all teams that ever existed and have yet to exist, along with all their logos, caps, uniforms, stationery, programs, media guides, tickets, and web sites. Plus I had to get up at six o'clock in the morning, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work at the mill for fourteen hours a day week, come home, and then work on the league!
As opposed to your nonsense, I actually did what I said I did.

Old 08-23-2014, 12:51 PM   #17
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:02 PM   #18
Assos
All Star Starter

Anyone have a replacement player roster from 1995? That would be a fun, what if!
Assos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:09 PM   #19
da commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Does this league have the actual 1994 stats through August 11th so we can play out the rest of the year?
da commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:48 PM   #20
struggles_mightily
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
As opposed to your nonsense, I actually did what I said I did.
Yeah, but why did you think anybody would care?
struggles_mightily is offline   Reply With Quote