Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-15-2014, 02:59 PM   #41
swoboda
All Star Starter

Started with Micro league Baseball, Graduated to Tony LaRussa Old time baseball, Now earning my postgraduate degree in OOTP.
I think I started with version 4.

The late great Lindsey Nelson
swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:20 PM   #42
kingtut313
Minors (Double A)

i was playing football manager one day and thought 'it would be cool if they did a baseball version of this.' after some googling, i found ootp last year and have been hooked since. many nights of sitting down at 9pm for 'some quick scouting before bed' and then noticing its 4am
Old 07-15-2014, 04:01 PM   #43
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtut313 View Post
i was playing football manager one day and thought 'it would be cool if they did a baseball version of this.' after some googling, i found ootp last year and have been hooked since. many nights of sitting down at 9pm for 'some quick scouting before bed' and then noticing its 4am
I'm beginning to suspect abduction from aliens to explain all my lost time
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:05 PM   #44
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

I started with Season Ticket 2 with Hoyler Jones. Found the game for next to nothing at Office Depot. I remember the following year the game was on the shelf at Walmart to start the baseball season. Purchased it and it was unplayable. I took it back, came home downloaded the game and purchased it that way for the first time . Owned almost every version since.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:26 PM   #45
baseballonly
All Star Reserve

Last year. Got bored and started looking for a baseball game on my phone. Found iOOTP Baseball and the rest is history.
baseballonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:38 PM   #46
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoboda View Post
Started with Micro league Baseball, Graduated to Tony LaRussa Old time baseball, Now earning my postgraduate degree in OOTP.
I think I started with version 4.
Micro league here as well.... used to spend endless hours with the 'baseball encyclopedia' pulling out players/stats/etc to build my own teams with the 'general manager' disc and mapping out entire schedules/seasons in a notebook.

think I stumbled across OOTP2 while doing a search for a new baseball sim and decided to give it a shot.
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:16 PM   #47
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

I read a review of OOTP4 on Baseball Notebook, a now defunct fantasy baseball site. It wasn't long after that I joined an online league and realized the joys of fantasy baseball at a faster pace and no true offseason.

The best features added over the years have been the ones that allow the community to build on the game. Quickstart templates, FaceGen, and the CSV/SQL dumps are great, although the CSV/SQL dumps haven't been keeping pace with the rest of the game of late.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:34 PM   #48
Afino
Hall Of Famer

A friend introduced me to OOTP8. Noticed him and a couple of others in a chat room talking about it and I was interested.

Played the demo over a long weekend and couldn't put it down.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:44 PM   #49
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

I don't remember how I found OOTP. First version was 6.5, I think. I was really into sports management games from the time I discovered the great old One-Nil game simulating European football back in the pre or very early Championship Manager days. Then found Championship Manager/Football Manager and played every version of that.

Used to play High Heat baseball and loved it, must've picked up on OOTP after looking for something to replace it.

I've played nearly every sports management game out there and the only ones that were absolute keepers that I had to buy each new version of are FM, OOTP, EHM (and now FHM despite it's slightly shaky start) and a game I just discovered called Cricket Coach, which reminds me of OOTP 6.5, 7 or maybe 8 but for cricket. It's a really promising game.

Not sure how I started in on talking about other games. Anyhow, OOTP is the greatest. I've spent thousands of hours making my own roster mods for it over the years. Little did I know that would lead to getting to work on the official rosters, which has been nearly the greatest thing ever!

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 07-16-2014 at 07:23 AM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:08 PM   #50
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by david limbaugh View Post
OOTP4 is when I started...
Same here

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:42 PM   #51
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Loved reading the responses. We can all agree on one thing...we're all thankful we somehow discovered this great baseball sim.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:55 AM   #52
LondonYankee
Minors (Triple A)

Last May with OOTP 14. It was the end of the football season and I was getting bored of FM and needed something new to play, someone on an FM forum mentioned OOTP and before I knew it I was downloading it and hooked. Love the depth and customisable options.
LondonYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:16 AM   #53
DFyvie
Major Leagues

I was a Eastside Hockey Manager 2005/6 player for years.. then I read an article about OOTP on ESPN.com's now defunct Page 2 section. Waited a few years then finally bought OOTP 13. Didn't really get into it until I realised you could manage each game... now it is the love of my life (after my wife and son of course). It is the last thing I think of when I drift off to sleep and the first thing I think of when I wake up. It is a sickness, to be sure.
DFyvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:44 AM   #54
kingcharlesxii
Hall Of Famer

OOTP5. I hadn't really found a baseball game I liked since the FPS baseball series. Gave OOTP a shot and have bought it every year since.

OOTP Grand League Champion 2015
kingcharlesxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:54 PM   #55
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

I got into OOTP because of Football Manager. I was so impressed by FM that it made me look for other games in its genre. I was a huge console sports gamer beforehand who played the unconventional way of AI vs AI/GM Mode.

Being a member at OS for almost a decade I always heard about OOTP but never thought twice about trying it because I was never into playing games on my computer.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:02 PM   #56
Ryan W.
Jack of all trades

Location: Somewhere, not sure where. Maybe nearby, maybe far away.
OOTP 3 for me. I believe it was late 2000-early 2001. Have bought every version since.
Ryan W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:38 AM   #57
hfield007
All Star Starter

Before this I had only played with custom made cadaco all-star baseball discs on an old 1987 version of the game. I'd build teams, set rules, and play out 36 game schedules.

I always wanted something with every historical player and to easily track things so I didn't have to be buried in spreadsheets and tedious work.

In 2007 when i was 18 I began searching around for something better...

After looking via google for baseball simulations I stumbled upon someone's league website for an ootp league and was amazed. I went to the OOTP site (which was selling OOTP 8 at the time) and fell in love immediately.

What once was a search for something I could play historical baseball on became an obsession with fictional universes. Love this game and everything it's given me.
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:38 AM   #58
manooly
Major Leagues

I've been around since OOTP2. I still actually have that disk. I think I've played almost every baseball game available. When I was a kid, my brother and I would play All Star Baseball (the board game) with the player disks until they wore out. We would spin the spinners for hours and hours keeping track of stats on pieces of paper. I remember then trying out Earl Weaver Baseball on my friends IBM computer. Once I saw what a computer could do with the game of baseball I was hooked. I loved the idea of something keeping track of and actually saving my game data. When I eventually ran into OOTP that was it for me. I have purchased every version since. I do try other baseball games occasionally. I love just watching MLB The Show games instead of actually playing. I can't tell you how many CPU vs CPU leagues I've setup with every sports game out there. Yep, I'm that guy!

- manooly
manooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:53 AM   #59
bosunmate
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manooly View Post
I've been around since OOTP2. I still actually have that disk. I think I've played almost every baseball game available. When I was a kid, my brother and I would play All Star Baseball (the board game) with the player disks until they wore out. We would spin the spinners for hours and hours keeping track of stats on pieces of paper. I remember then trying out Earl Weaver Baseball on my friends IBM computer. Once I saw what a computer could do with the game of baseball I was hooked. I loved the idea of something keeping track of and actually saving my game data. When I eventually ran into OOTP that was it for me. I have purchased every version since. I do try other baseball games occasionally. I love just watching MLB The Show games instead of actually playing. I can't tell you how many CPU vs CPU leagues I've setup with every sports game out there. Yep, I'm that guy!

- manooly

You shook my memory with Earl Weaver baseball, forgot I played that on the Amiga. It wasn't a bad game I loved how the manager could go talk to the pitcher and he would let you know how he felt....
bosunmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:33 PM   #60
HolyCow98
Hall Of Famer

OOTP 3 for me. For me the improvement that sticks out for me since OOTP 3, and there have been a ton of things improved, but if I had to single out just 1 thing it would be the History section. Back then OOTP 3 had simply a top #25 career leaderboard and record book for single game and single season. Now we have a lot more stats the game tracks, and the way it tracks it is baseballreference.com-like. Everything has improved really, but the day I didn't have to manually use a third-party utility like Catobase or decide what to do because the database for that became corrupted, didn't have to tell the game in-game to create a almanac for the season I just completed...the day I didn't have to do all that...was one that sticks out in my mind.