Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-13-2014, 12:09 AM   #81
BKL
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Weird. Are you sure the league was not already in playoff mode when you installed the patch. I have tested this issue and could no longer reproduce it with the fix.

Anyway, could you please upload the league (just the *.dat files) and OM me the link please? I'd like to have a look at the playoff configuration.

I have replicated the same issue many times.
BKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:35 AM   #82
Hooray Saturday
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDMarvel View Post
Chrome considers the update malware and will not download it. Something is wrong here...

https://support.google.com/chrome/an...d_blocked&rd=1

no issues downloading with Chrome here.
Hooray Saturday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:23 AM   #83
zappa1
All Star Starter

I still have version 15.1.3

Well I've tried twice to update and my copy still says version 15.1.3. Now what do I do? Thank you.

Finally, on the 3rd try I've got my update. The Link Marcus has in this thread is the one that worked. The "check for update" link didn't work for me. And following the link in my e-mail also didn't work for me. I was able to download them and install them but the version remained the same. The link Marcus provided here is the one that worked. Thanks.

Last edited by zappa1; 05-13-2014 at 07:38 AM.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:08 PM   #84
ewank
Minors (Single A)

Already works better on my other PC!
ewank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:54 PM   #85
C-Man73
Minors (Single A)

I've noticed when playing MLB seasons past 2014, the season still starts with a two-game series for two (ostensibly the Australia series from 2013) about 10 days before the rest of the league starts.

However, when you go to the next year, that 2-game series is in early April (not late March), which means every other team starts the season on around April 11 or 12. This pushes the end of the regular season into mid-October and the championship into mid-November.

Is there a fix planned for this?
C-Man73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:18 PM   #86
Donevyn
Major Leagues

This is now on Steam.
Donevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:26 PM   #87
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Man73 View Post
I've noticed when playing MLB seasons past 2014, the season still starts with a two-game series for two (ostensibly the Australia series from 2013) about 10 days before the rest of the league starts.

However, when you go to the next year, that 2-game series is in early April (not late March), which means every other team starts the season on around April 11 or 12. This pushes the end of the regular season into mid-October and the championship into mid-November.

Is there a fix planned for this?
Not where I can open the game right now but in the league settings you can set the start date for the upcoming season and the day of the week you would like the season to start on. I think (but may be wrong been awhile since I've messed with this) the game goes backward to start if you set it up for a specific day of the week. So lets say you set your season to start on April 5th. Then you set it to start on a Monday BUT April 5th on the calender year is a Friday the game will go to the Monday before April 5th as the opening day if I'm right on it going backwards. So of course if I'm wrong and it goes forward it will start on the first Monday after April 5th. With this setting, before the new schedule is set up, you could fix the issue by setting the season to start on March XX being sure to start it on whatever day it was this year so your weekends aren't messed up. Or.........

You could use last years schedule and just not use the 2014 schedule. That is what I would do as it would get rid of the pesky over seas series all together. I know I did this a few versions ago when MLB was scheduling games in Japan. This can also be done is the settings area by simply selecting the 2013 schedule. Do this during off season before the new schedule is created.

Hope that helps.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:07 PM   #88
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

just a question about something i noticed different between 14 and 15 and wondering if they changed it in a recent 15 update... in 14 when we did expansion drafts or even drafts in general, if i hit scout recommendation and i didnt like who they suggested i would hit it again and it would give me a different player... that was in ootp 14, now in 15 when i hit it in 15 it doesnt change... course why or did they change that in 2015?
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:24 PM   #89
kjeff
Bat Boy

Thanks,Zappa1. Your solution worked for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
Well I've tried twice to update and my copy still says version 15.1.3. Now what do I do? Thank you.

Finally, on the 3rd try I've got my update. The Link Marcus has in this thread is the one that worked. The "check for update" link didn't work for me. And following the link in my e-mail also didn't work for me. I was able to download them and install them but the version remained the same. The link Marcus provided here is the one that worked. Thanks.
kjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:26 AM   #90
zappa1
All Star Starter

Your very welcome. I've really just reported my own experience on how I got the update. Thanks again and enjoy this great game. Have fun.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:30 PM   #91
Roy Tucker
Minors (Triple A)

Bummed that the salary cap bug that I reported earlier wasn't fixed. Oh well. I will just have to exercise what little self control I have and not resign players and go over the cap myself.
Roy Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:54 PM   #92
da commish
All Star Reserve

US Baseball League quickstart

Looks like this is still not working in the latest patch. I tried opening it several times from the main screen and it shuts down OOTP every time.
da commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 04:44 PM   #93
craftdr
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by da commish View Post
Looks like this is still not working in the latest patch. I tried opening it several times from the main screen and it shuts down OOTP every time.
Do you have additional Quickstarts in that folder? The reason I ask is because I believe you can only have 5 or 6 in there at one time or the game will crash when trying to load one of them. I ran into this as I had created a couple Quickstarts of my own and moved the ones that came with the game to a "holding" folder prior to the latest patch. Once I downloaded the latest patch it kept mine but also added the old ones back so when I went to start a game with one of mine, the game shut down. You would just need to remove a couple of them from the Quickstart folder and the league should load.

May not be your problem but sounds like what happened to me and I believe there was a thread on it a couple versions ago.
craftdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 04:56 PM   #94
da commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftdr View Post
Do you have additional Quickstarts in that folder? The reason I ask is because I believe you can only have 5 or 6 in there at one time or the game will crash when trying to load one of them. I ran into this as I had created a couple Quickstarts of my own and moved the ones that came with the game to a "holding" folder prior to the latest patch. Once I downloaded the latest patch it kept mine but also added the old ones back so when I went to start a game with one of mine, the game shut down. You would just need to remove a couple of them from the Quickstart folder and the league should load.

May not be your problem but sounds like what happened to me and I believe there was a thread on it a couple versions ago.
I have 6 in there now. I'll try moving a couple of them and see if that works. Thanks.
da commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 04:59 PM   #95
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
I think (but may be wrong been awhile since I've messed with this) the game goes backward to start if you set it up for a specific day of the week. So lets say you set your season to start on April 5th. Then you set it to start on a Monday BUT April 5th on the calender year is a Friday the game will go to the Monday before April 5th as the opening day if I'm right on it going backwards. So of course if I'm wrong and it goes forward it will start on the first Monday after April 5th.
It goes forwards. In that situation, the game would look for the first Monday on or after April 5th and start the schedule then.

C-Man, if you're playing into the future of the MLB, your best bet is to use GMO's rotating schedules. I manually import a random one every year, myself.

Last edited by Fyrestorm3; 05-15-2014 at 05:00 PM.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:33 PM   #96
BleedingCubbyBlue
All Star Reserve

Can't generate CSV/MySQL files

I'm on Windows 8.1, latest build of OOTP.

When logged in as commish, I can't access the SQL Dump section.

Commission Office > SQL dump (under TOOL, bottom left)

When I click SQL dump I see the Database Info screen. Is there any other way in?

BleedingCubbyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:54 PM   #97
chipschap1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Standard game still segfaults in Linux

The problem is still with me on the latest version ... select standard game and get a segfault a variable way into the dialogs.

Hopefully next release?

But really, it's not a critical bug, because I can get what I want with a custom game, which works fine, just takes a wee bit more setup.

I can't imagine that such a complex program running on multiple platforms wouldn't have at least some bugs, so no criticism is intended here.
chipschap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 02:45 PM   #98
Qrashman
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingCubbyBlue View Post
I'm on Windows 8.1, latest build of OOTP.

When logged in as commish, I can't access the SQL Dump section.

Commission Office > SQL dump (under TOOL, bottom left)

When I click SQL dump I see the Database Info screen. Is there any other way in?
Same with me. I can access the SQL Dump screen but the dropdown box for all the "tools" is gone. I'm logged in as commish. I'm on a mac.

Edit: One thing of note. A different commissioner simmed yesterday, then I updated to the latest league file. My guess is that the other simmer is not updated to the latest patch (I am) and that's causing the issue. I had someone that is NOT patched load the file, log in as commissioner and it works fine.

Edit #2: The same simmer patched and then simmed again today and uploaded the file. So we are both on the same version of OOTP 15.2.8. The problem still exists. The "tools" dropdown is gone.

HBL Waiting List

Last edited by Qrashman; 05-16-2014 at 04:30 PM.
Qrashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:29 PM   #99
Qrashman
All Star Reserve

I patched back to patch #1 and the "tools" dropdown is there. See screenshot to compare the difference pre and post patch:

HBL Waiting List
Qrashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:22 PM   #100
ChiefWahoo
Minors (Double A)

This is a fairly minor complaint, but does anyone else feel like the updated FaceGen went a little too hard on the shadowing? It looks like every player is wearing black mascara, in my opinion.
ChiefWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote