Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-03-2014, 11:41 AM   #81
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysdailydose View Post
I'm simming out 25 years of history right now to 2014 and then nuking the history so all the players are cycled, and then I'll be finishing off the Billionaire Baseball and World Baseball League quickstarts. They are both the same, actually, but Billionaire is exactly what it sounds like... high financials.

Both leagues are the same structure, 24 team (4 divisions of 6) with the North American and Latin in the Western Hemisphere, and the Euro and Asia in the Eastern Hemisphere.

3 levels of minors (AAA, AA, Short-Season A) and it is fed by a college/HS academy feeders.

All teams have logos, caps and uniforms, thanks to CephasJames, Silvam, JustaFan and so many others. Finishing it either this morning or later on today, I just need a place to upload.

Jazzrack, can you throw these on the Wiki when they are done, please?
Looking forward to these. I think some others have been using dropbox for uploads pretty effectively.
Ruthian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:41 AM   #82
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
I still have to get it created. I'll try to get it created by tomorrow though.
Awesome! Thanks.
Ruthian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:59 PM   #83
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Also looking forward to them .. Not so much the billionaire one since players already get paid too much, but the world league one sounds great and is similar to the types of league I have run in the past, but I just don't find myself having the hours it takes anymore to set up leagues.

Thanks in advance!
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:46 PM   #84
conception
All Star Starter

My current setup is a fictional league the more resembles the NFL. Players are only drafted from college and most of the players are 80-90 percent developed, so you are drafting close to a complete product who can help you right away. There is also a hard salary cap. The real kicker is that there are no trades. While some can't fathom the idea of a baseball league without trades, for me it's a worthy challenge that makes me really covet the top talent that is hard to acquire. I have to attempt to win championships without necessarily having that frontline ace, unless I have such a horrible year that I end up near the top of the draft, which has never happened. I have to manage my salary cap and make a gamble on often second tier pitchers to find the guys who will get me over the hump.
conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:55 PM   #85
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk View Post
Also looking forward to them .. Not so much the billionaire one since players already get paid too much, but the world league one sounds great and is similar to the types of league I have run in the past, but I just don't find myself having the hours it takes anymore to set up leagues.

Thanks in advance!
I'll figure out temp hosting for it today. I finished the sim to clear the players while I slept so now I just have to plug in the financials and the owner names, bdays and ballparks. Even though it is fictional im giving each team a MLB park so we have differing graphics and park factors.

I just did the billionaire setup for my dynasty report that will surround it. That is why I'm going to release two versions of each. The regular (with cash max and without) and the Billionaire the same way.. that way anyone can try it their favorite way to play!
Old 05-03-2014, 10:44 PM   #86
frangipard
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
1969-First year and only year for the Seattle Pilots
1983-Last year Orioles won World Series
1998-Last MLB Expansion

I try to keep 14-15 years difference that way there isn't so many duplicate players too delete.
Are you actually doing this? Because I would Love to have them.
frangipard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:06 AM   #87
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frangipard View Post
Are you actually doing this? Because I would Love to have them.
This will be my next game. I have other leagues now in progress and might start it up soon.

I want most(if not all) 1969 MLB teams to have 2 Triple A teams. Looking back at the real 1969 season,expansion teams shared Triple A teams.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 05-04-2014 at 10:45 AM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 02:28 PM   #88
frangipard
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
This will be my next game. I have other leagues now in progress and might start it up soon.

I want most(if not all) 1969 MLB teams to have 2 Triple A teams. Looking back at the real 1969 season,expansion teams shared Triple A teams.
Please do share when you do these. 1983 especially. I'm a Phillies fan, and I'd love to see if I could do a better job with those 1980s teams.
frangipard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 02:32 PM   #89
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

I'll be uploading my WBL and WBL Billions quickstarts as soon as my girl gets us off the road. I am still looking for more ambitious projects to make for the community...

If you can't do it...I might be able to. Hit me up with quickstart requests. I did an East-West Negro League last night but not sure its ready yet. I just love making leagues that can be enjoyed by all...and I realize not everyone has the time I have with my medical situations.
Old 05-04-2014, 03:31 PM   #90
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Something that hit me when I was browsing Wikipedia today ... somehow I ended up on CC Sabathia's page, and noticed he's from Vallejo, CA. Vallejo rings a bell because the Zodiac killer raged there, so I went on to there. (Don't look at me, my mind works like that) But ultimately I found all those medium-sized (well, 100k+ people) towns all over California. Then I had a hunch for some kind of Pacific Coast Lague or maybe California League. Or maybe it starts in like the 20s as California League and eventually becomes a PCL with teams in Oregon, Washington, Nevada.

Not that I would have much hassle setting that up. You start with eight or ten teams in a league (three of four each from the SanFran and LA area, plus Fresno and San Diego or so) in 1921 or so, use 20s stats, pick some logos and get moving. The only question would be whether I would want players from outside California in there, but I think in 14+ you can set that up somehow? Never dabbled much with 14. And I don't even have 15 yet.

Not that I would be able to extensively care about another dynasty with my Raccoons, and the other stuff I waste time with. Plus I try to come up with a schedule for a 26-team league, and have kinda hit a dead end.

Ah, nevermind. Just something that crossed my mind today. Maybe the next time I have a week off, I will delve into this creation stuff. Whenever that will be.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:34 PM   #91
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

I am in the process of setting up a 16 team fictional league based on the West Coast. It will be a 154 game schedule, no inter league, using league totals from the early 70s. Here is how the teams will be setup.

Cascadia League:
Corvallis
Eugene
Everett
Hillsboro
Salem
Spokane
Tacoma
Yakima

Sierra League:
Bakersfield
Carson City
Fresno
Henderson
Las Vegas
Long Beach
Reno
Sacramento
Klew1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:37 PM   #92
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

I just wanted everyone to know that I've uploaded the WBL Final quickstart to the OOTPWiki today, and I have a link to my project thread where you can download direct as well.

I just opened that project thread today, and am definitely considering requests for quickstart creations. Anyway, a few of you had indicated that you wanted my WBL quickstart, so you ask and I have delivered.

I'm going to upload the Billions versions after I have a cigarette. 'Scuse me, and enjoy, everyone!
Old 05-04-2014, 06:59 PM   #93
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

I'm just working on getting the financials correct. I'm using current day financials, but 13 of the 16 teams have budgets of 123+ million or more. I want that to be lower. I want some to be in the 80-90 mil range, a few in 100-120 range and the rest can be whatever. Just to have some sort of difference between big market and small market.
Klew1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:20 PM   #94
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klew1986 View Post
I'm just working on getting the financials correct. I'm using current day financials, but 13 of the 16 teams have budgets of 123+ million or more. I want that to be lower. I want some to be in the 80-90 mil range, a few in 100-120 range and the rest can be whatever. Just to have some sort of difference between big market and small market.
I use a system that I devised after reading some research that The Wolf did. If you look at my league, you'll see there is a CLEAR difference between my markets, and you can use my system to make whoever you want your big markets.

I can either link you to the post, or if you want you can IM me and I can tell you how I would do your league specific...
Old 05-04-2014, 07:24 PM   #95
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

We kind of thought we were on to some groundbreaking stuff back then... but the more I've torn 14 and now 15 to bits, I think I might actually be on to some revolutionary stuff.

It is literally amazing what you can do with this game. The only thing I haven't figured out a way to do is literally to change the markets on the MLB Quickstart, because my system requires an inaugural draft. That is why I make two versions of my games, because I know some people just want to hop in and solve problems and can't be arsed to draft.

But other than that, I've thought up a few ideas that I'm testing now that I got that project to bed, and if what I'm thinking is right, I'm going to have a tooooooooon of fun.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:03 PM   #96
rancer890
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I just wanted everyone to know that I've uploaded the WBL Final quickstart to the OOTPWiki today, and I have a link to my project thread where you can download direct as well.

I just opened that project thread today, and am definitely considering requests for quickstart creations. Anyway, a few of you had indicated that you wanted my WBL quickstart, so you ask and I have delivered.

I'm going to upload the Billions versions after I have a cigarette. 'Scuse me, and enjoy, everyone!
Do you have an alternate download link? The ootp wiki link doesn't work right now.

----

I'm currently in the process of finishing up my Global Fictional Universe. It is playable now but I still need to get some finishing touches on it (like league logos, better looking jerseys, nicer ballcaps, and a couple late ballclub additions need some editing.)

There's 3 leagues: 40 team American league, 16 team Canadian league, and 40 team European league (UEFA's baseball equivalent). American league is the one where I've done the most work (in development since 13), and the Canadian and European leagues are more recent additions.

It might not be in the quality of some the quickstarts already posted here, but it's my first go at trying to have an integrated universe.

There's also a lot of teams so it's pretty slow.

I learned a lot, and I failed a lot. But it's fun. I definitely recommend making fictional leagues and even though my creation looks like a lot, it's not.

I might even make more fictional leagues later (already have an idea - a league where car manufacturers own baseball teams and separated by regions or countries. So American brands are like an American league, European brands in a European league, Asian brands in an Asian league). It's still very much an idea though, I haven't really expanded much beyond that.
rancer890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:06 PM   #97
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
Do you have an alternate download link? The ootp wiki link doesn't work right now.
Yeah, I couldn't get on the wiki either a minute ago. I'll see what I can do on the alternate link, sorry. Just put them up today.

Quote:
I'm currently in the process of finishing up my Global Fictional Universe. It is playable now but I still need to get some finishing touches on it (like league logos, better looking jerseys, nicer ballcaps, and a couple late ballclub additions need some editing.)

There's 3 leagues: 40 team American league, 16 team Canadian league, and 40 team European league (UEFA's baseball equivalent). American league is the one where I've done the most work (in development since 13), and the Canadian and European leagues are more recent additions.

It might not be in the quality of some the quickstarts already posted here, but it's my first go at trying to have an integrated universe.

There's also a lot of teams so it's pretty slow.

I learned a lot, and I failed a lot. But it's fun. I definitely recommend making fictional leagues and even though my creation looks like a lot, it's not.

I might even make more fictional leagues later (already have an idea - a league where car manufacturers own baseball teams and separated by regions or countries. So American brands are like an American league, European brands in a European league, Asian brands in an Asian league). It's still very much an idea though, I haven't really expanded much beyond that.
Awesome ideas. I think I almost have more fun making leagues for others to use than I do to play them. LOL

Check out the "Nicknames" project by CephasJames in the mods forum. Then it will assign logos, uniforms, and jerseys if you use the nicknames in the file provided.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:16 PM   #98
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

I'll have those files on Mediafire in 10 minutes!
Old 05-04-2014, 09:26 PM   #99
rancer890
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Check out the "Nicknames" project by CephasJames in the mods forum. Then it will assign logos, uniforms, and jerseys if you use the nicknames in the file provided.
I already used some of cephasjames's logos in my quickstart (except nicknames file). I think for GFU I redid most of the American nicknames and handpicked them based on relevance in that city so the nicknames file wasn't so useful.

I definitely will use it though in any future universe. It makes my job easier because I usually like picking my own logos through his and justafan's logo sets.

Canadian league and Euro league are based off real teams, so I used real life logos in the logos forum and through some searching on the internet.

I also have a sig with the link to it (well not now, maybe needs approval from a mod or something?), and I think it'll stay a Work In Progress for a while. I'm done Canada, US, and Europe, but the universe lacks representation in Asia/Australia, Africa, and South America.

Quote:
Awesome ideas. I think I almost have more fun making leagues for others to use than I do to play them. LOL
Same here. It seems like whenever I'm done (or did enough for my satisfaction), another idea seems to popup and I need to start that league as well. It's like a never-ending cycle.

Global Fictional Universe V1.1 - WIP - Currently Playable now!
rancer890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:00 PM   #100
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

OK, I changed all the files over to MediaFire for now in my thread, and added Billions. Enjoy!