Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-02-2014, 11:12 AM   #61
munstermash
Minors (Triple A)

Has anyone tried a league where you bring/import in current and former MLB players into a fictional league with fictional players?

If so how do you manage the league turning into a bunch of 5 star players?
munstermash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:38 AM   #62
rogmax11
All Star Starter

The set-up Im currently consumed by is three geographically aligned MLBs, each with random debut
players ( requiring a lot of name editing for dupes, I know ), roughly following the rules, settings, etc.,
of historical evolution. I suppose I will let one of the leagues employ DH, but the majority will be "classical" baseball. I will alter the league configurations, perhaps allowing WCs, and hope that
league association has evolved so that a 3-team championship can be resolved on a national level.
rogmax11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:45 PM   #63
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristolduke View Post
I've been working on a major American feeder system. All 300 DI NCAA schools ( the 2 independent schools excluded). And a league for each state for the high school system. The number of teams varies based upon actual MLB data (e.g. most MLB players come from CA). These are real high schools with real logos.

I originally started this as an alternative to the draft pools.
While its a great project (my USB last year had a 120 D1 Feeder with full art for all teams) it generates WAYYYYYY too many players.

Also be aware there are definite feeder changes this year. 8 college and 32 HS is enough to stock my 24 team league and AAA forever!
Old 05-02-2014, 01:00 PM   #64
da commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
I'm surprised we don't see more regional OOTP leagues. One in the Northwest seems like a natural, as does one in both the Southeast and Southwest.
I set up a league in OOTP14 based solely in Minnesota, all teams, all players. It had 24 teams with 4 minor league levels, plus a college feeder with 24 teams and a high school feeder with 60 teams. The major league and high school teams had the high school nickname/logo (from cephasjames). I never got around to modifying the logos on the minor league and college teams. I'm considering resurrecting it for OOTP15 and maybe modifying those logos.
da commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:26 PM   #65
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

I'm in the process of compiling two quick starts, and based on what I've seen, I'll do at least one more. The one project is waiting on the next patch, however. I was getting a ton of crashes, but to answer a poster above: YES, you can definitely do the "new Major League" competing with MLB and getting players over and the like WITHOUT associating.

I just am waiting on the patch to complete that one, and will work on my other projects in the meantime. Here's what I'm working on today:

World Baseball League -- The Billionaire's Baseball Club (without the MLB component). 24 teams in 2 subleagues, 4 divisions of 6. Modified "billionaire" financials and edited owners to real world billionaires from each country of origin for extra "role-playing" immersion and fun. Went with one AAA league and a feeder system takes care of the first-year player draft.

All players in that quickstart are set to come in from all 1* and higher baseball countries, along with Saudi Arabia and Switzerland (because each country has a team in the majors, the Saudi team based in Riyadh, and the Swiss team in Zurich!)

The first main project I'm working on that is waiting for the patch is pretty much the exact same setup, but with MLB and *** both added. Again, I am waiting for the next patch to test it and then I will release that to the community.

The project I just mentioned (World Baseball League -- The Billionaire Baseball Club) will be released either tonight or tomorrow. Going to see if I can get ahold of Jazzrack or Padresfan to make that easily available for anyone.

-----

The other quickstart project that I'm planning is also from an idea in this thread -- I am going to plan out a Revolutionary-Era league start, but haven't ironed out to much of the major features of that project yet.

To those that said there are not that many quickstarts, league creation is almost as much fun to me as playing the game itself, especially knowing that people have gotten a lot of enjoyment out of my QS's in the past. That being said, if you have any projects that you aren't sure you can create, but would like me to attempt, either leave me a message here or in my private inbox!

And thanks to all for such great input in this thread... hopefully it can be a resource for all fictional guys and girls in the future!

Last edited by jaysdailydose; 05-02-2014 at 01:47 PM.
jaysdailydose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:54 PM   #66
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysdailydose View Post
The other quickstart project that I'm planning is also from an idea in this thread -- I am going to plan out a Revolutionary-Era league start, but haven't ironed out to much of the major features of that project yet.
Spent some thoughts on this one today, something along an 8-team setup centered largely in the Northeast, maybe a division of four in New England and one for PA/MD/VA. From what I know, the Carolinas were populated rather sparsely in the 18th century. No financials. Maybe around 40 games a season.

But I would have a hard time coming up with parameters for how much batting / pitching this league should have. I am more of the manager type when it comes to this game.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:58 PM   #67
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
Spent some thoughts on this one today, something along an 8-team setup centered largely in the Northeast, maybe a division of four in New England and one for PA/MD/VA. From what I know, the Carolinas were populated rather sparsely in the 18th century. No financials. Maybe around 40 games a season.

But I would have a hard time coming up with parameters for how much batting / pitching this league should have. I am more of the manager type when it comes to this game.
Hmm, I'm thinking deadball era and worse... modify the defense down a bit more, probably just lower the stats even a touch more across the board.

However, I'd probably put them in non-dead ball stadiums and just say they used natural barriers for homers or what not, to where its not a perfect re-creation.

I'm definitely going to set one of these up, I'm just finishing the World Baseball League/Billionaire Baseball quickstart as we speak. I'll have it finished within the next few hours.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:15 PM   #68
goroyals
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post

Patriot Baseball Alliance
Federalist League
New York
Philadelphia
Boston
Salem
Providence
Albany

Republican Conference
Baltimore
Dover
Richmond
New Bern
Charleston
Savannah

Indian League (foreign)
Iroquois
Miamis
Shawnee
Erie
Cherokee
Creek
goroyals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:26 PM   #69
OakDragon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
I'm surprised we don't see more regional OOTP leagues. One in the Northwest seems like a natural, as does one in both the Southeast and Southwest.
For the last several versions, I've been doing a small regional league (no minors) based on Santa Clara County in California (the "Silicon Valley" area). I started with the fifteen incorporated towns in the county, added one team inspired by where I went to high school to make an even number and went on from there. I've slowly added expansion teams in cities and regions in CA that I like over the years. I'm up to 28 now, I think.
OakDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:59 PM   #70
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by munstermash View Post
These are the types of leagues i love to create. Sometimes there are regional and others are created based of a fictional area. They are smaller leagues from 6-12 teams with smaller rosters.

The part i struggle with is minors. I want to have them but in my mind i know there is no way a small Indy league like this could support minors.

I am setting up something now that there is a semi-pro city league that my league will pull players from.

The smaller roster size lets me get to know players better but to pull this off injuries have to be set to low or very low.
Just use reserve rosters.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:59 PM   #71
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakDragon View Post
For the last several versions, I've been doing a small regional league (no minors) based on Santa Clara County in California (the "Silicon Valley" area). I started with the fifteen incorporated towns in the county, added one team inspired by where I went to high school to make an even number and went on from there. I've slowly added expansion teams in cities and regions in CA that I like over the years. I'm up to 28 now, I think.
That looks like a fun league!
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:00 PM   #72
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by da commish View Post
I set up a league in OOTP14 based solely in Minnesota, all teams, all players. It had 24 teams with 4 minor league levels, plus a college feeder with 24 teams and a high school feeder with 60 teams. The major league and high school teams had the high school nickname/logo (from cephasjames). I never got around to modifying the logos on the minor league and college teams. I'm considering resurrecting it for OOTP15 and maybe modifying those logos.
Do that and upload it as a QuickStart!

Old 05-02-2014, 09:13 PM   #73
frangipard
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
All 1969,1983 and 1998 MLB teams with full minors
Why these years? 1969 was the first year with divisions, but I don't get the significance of 83 and 98 ...

But yes, my #1 choice would be basically "historical quickstarts" ... full Major and Minor rosters for opening day, year ___. See different prospects develop, now-famous players flame out in AAA or suffer career-ending injuries, watch as different standings lead to different draft order, and the whole history diverges.
frangipard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:01 PM   #74
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frangipard View Post
Why these years? 1969 was the first year with divisions, but I don't get the significance of 83 and 98 ...

But yes, my #1 choice would be basically "historical quickstarts" ... full Major and Minor rosters for opening day, year ___. See different prospects develop, now-famous players flame out in AAA or suffer career-ending injuries, watch as different standings lead to different draft order, and the whole history diverges.
1969-First year and only year for the Seattle Pilots
1983-Last year Orioles won World Series
1998-Last MLB Expansion

I try to keep 14-15 years difference that way there isn't so many duplicate players too delete.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 05-02-2014 at 10:02 PM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:38 PM   #75
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsh06 View Post
Small Game League

Theres a link to it, hope it works. I would definitely suggest looking at NYY over mine. Im sure there are lots of things in my world that I have missed. Anyway let me know if you have any issues or questions about it.

Thanks for posting this. Do you have a link to the NYY one? I couldn't find it in the Quickstart forum on the first several pages.
Ruthian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:47 PM   #76
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthian23 View Post
Thanks for posting this. Do you have a link to the NYY one? I couldn't find it in the Quickstart forum on the first several pages.
I still have to get it created. I'll try to get it created by tomorrow though.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:30 AM   #77
rferry
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by gRaider2001 View Post
Awesome suggestions, need one more, I have three divisions
Arkansas River? Kansas, Platte, Colorado, Mississippi rivers could fit depending on the clubs
Old 05-03-2014, 12:35 AM   #78
rferry
All Star Reserve

Playing around with a modern international league with a developmental setup (HS, college, A, AA). 99% of the players from the country and neighboring countries. I hope provides a good opportunity to learn about the development and scouting features.
Old 05-03-2014, 05:49 AM   #79
gRaider2001
Minors (Triple A)

Here is a Youtube playlist of me explaining how I go about creating a fictional league from scratch to start. The playlist consist of 5 videos. Hope it helps somebody:-)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Xf3hur6etCEaK2
gRaider2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:37 AM   #80
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

I'm simming out 25 years of history right now to 2014 and then nuking the history so all the players are cycled, and then I'll be finishing off the Billionaire Baseball and World Baseball League quickstarts. They are both the same, actually, but Billionaire is exactly what it sounds like... high financials.

Both leagues are the same structure, 24 team (4 divisions of 6) with the North American and Latin in the Western Hemisphere, and the Euro and Asia in the Eastern Hemisphere.

3 levels of minors (AAA, AA, Short-Season A) and it is fed by a college/HS academy feeders.

All teams have logos, caps and uniforms, thanks to CephasJames, Silvam, JustaFan and so many others. Finishing it either this morning or later on today, I just need a place to upload.

Jazzrack, can you throw these on the Wiki when they are done, please?