Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-24-2014, 04:03 PM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Smile OOTP 15 now available on STEAM!

Hey guys,

the game is now available on Steam! Read all about it in our latest newsletter here:

Out of the Park Baseball 15 is Now Available on Steam

If you pre-ordered OOTP 15 from us, you are eligible for a free Steam key for the game. Please use the following online tool to retrieve your key:
http://ootpsupport.com/steamkey/steamkey.php

We would greatly appreciate it if you could give the game some positive feedback on Steam! Thank you very much

Cheers,
Markus
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:00 PM   #2
Blade6119
Bat Boy

Filling in the relevant information into that inked page, and I am getting an error saying no license found. I'm copying the order number and email directly from my purchase email, any ideas?

Quote:
Sorry! No license data record found.
Back
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:04 PM   #3
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Installing now.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:27 PM   #4
old timer
Hall Of Famer

If anyone can't get their Steam key from that link, contact us in support (see my sig).

Last edited by old timer; 04-24-2014 at 05:42 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:43 PM   #5
kopuz
Minors (Double A)

I would greatly appreciate it if you showed your Pre-Order customers the loyalty they deserve. Why does steam get a sale right away and I bought 2 copies on pre-order in advance at full price.

Basic customer loyalty guys. Come on, get with it.

Last edited by kopuz; 04-24-2014 at 05:48 PM.
kopuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:05 PM   #6
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopuz View Post
I would greatly appreciate it if you showed your Pre-Order customers the loyalty they deserve. Why does steam get a sale right away and I bought 2 copies on pre-order in advance at full price.

Basic customer loyalty guys. Come on, get with it.
Steam highly recommended the "release sale" and we hope it helps to get some additional promotion. In the end this will be good for OOTP and so it will be good for all customers. And it's only 10%. Our own pre-order discount lasted ~ 3 weeks and was even more than 10%, plus many prizes to win. But of course we do not want to make anybody angry, especially not our loyal customers! Sorry about that
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:20 PM   #7
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Filling in the relevant information into that inked page, and I am getting an error saying no license found. I'm copying the order number and email directly from my purchase email, any ideas?
Make sure that you're using the order number and not the serial number. The serial number looks like OOTP15-RHWJ-38JS and so on, while the serial number is the ST12345294 number under order information. You probably did it correctly, but I just wanted to mention that to make sure.
Ruthian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:21 PM   #8
Jamz58
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
Steam highly recommended the "release sale" and we hope it helps to get some additional promotion. In the end this will be good for OOTP and so it will be good for all customers. And it's only 10%. Our own pre-order discount lasted ~ 3 weeks and was even more than 10%, plus many prizes to win. But of course we do not want to make anybody angry, especially not our loyal customers! Sorry about that
Yep, I should have waited for Steam. Basically I paid $5 more to get it 3 days early. I'm brand new to OOTP, but if was a long time loyal customer I'd be ticked off too.
Jamz58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:43 PM   #9
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz58 View Post
Yep, I should have waited for Steam. Basically I paid $5 more to get it 3 days early. I'm brand new to OOTP, but if was a long time loyal customer I'd be ticked off too.
Long time customer here. Purchased April 14th, paid full price, not ticked at all. I hope the Steam sale is a huge success. Markus and Andreas deserve it.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:47 PM   #10
EternallyOptimisticCubFan
Bat Boy

So I bought the full game from the website on Monday. So can I not activate my product on Steam? None of my serial codes are working. Heck, I'd pay like 3 to 5 bucks just for a Steam key now.

I kinda wish I would of waited a few days tho :\
Old 04-24-2014, 06:51 PM   #11
J.HenryWaugh
Minors (Double A)

Is there any real point to getting a Steam key? I have had OOTP since back in version 2 or 3 days, always standalone products, and OOTP 15 is the same (at least the version I got). My son and I have several games in Steam, but they can't operate outside of Steam, but I wish they could. I would just as soon leave my OOTP the way it is, unless there is a valid reason I don't know about to do it through Steam.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:57 PM   #12
kennie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm debating about putting my OOTP stuff on steam as well but I was wondering... Will steam honor discounts ? for example during All-Star break will Steam match the price ?

Also can I use the above link to transfer my OOTP14 and FHM to steam keys ?
kennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:08 PM   #13
EternallyOptimisticCubFan
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.HenryWaugh View Post
Is there any real point to getting a Steam key? I have had OOTP since back in version 2 or 3 days, always standalone products, and OOTP 15 is the same (at least the version I got). My son and I have several games in Steam, but they can't operate outside of Steam, but I wish they could. I would just as soon leave my OOTP the way it is, unless there is a valid reason I don't know about to do it through Steam.
Well, Steam has multiple perks, but the major ones are for the developer.

IMO It is just a nice platform to get all of your games in one place and be able to share your experiences with a large community. The community here seems great however, so you might not even be interested in the larger gaming community as a whole and are satisfied with just this one. In the end though, it is an all around win-win for everybody.

With Steam, the developers get more customers exposed to their product, which brings in more income, which they can then put to good use making the next OOTP even better and we all get an improved experience because of it.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:35 PM   #14
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Think of Steam as 75 million potential OOTP customers worldwide.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:59 PM   #15
iowahawkeyedave
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I bought the game at full price as well on April 11th, but I'm not ticked at all. I mean, it's only $4 and this game is worth it even at full price. Not to mention also getting to play the game 6 days before the Steam release.

If it was a 25% or more discount on Steam then things would be different though.

The only idea I have for next year is maybe go the early access route on Steam, where you get the preorder price for getting the game on early access on Steam and the early access would activate 3 days before the official release, just like it does for those that don't purchase through Steam.

Last edited by iowahawkeyedave; 04-24-2014 at 08:00 PM.
iowahawkeyedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:38 PM   #16
Pieguy62
Minors (Single A)

What if you bought the game on the Monday release day, do you still get a steam code?
Pieguy62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:54 PM   #17
kopuz
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
No apologies needed. I also was unaware of the pre-order discount. Further adding to that you truly do have a fantastic product that will provide me 100s if not 1000s of hours of fun. I do think I will live.

Side note. I bought OOTP15 for a friend of mine, years ago we would sit and sim seasons of Madden for hours and hours. He just took KC to and won the 2014 WS. I now have a OOTP partner for a long long time it appears.
kopuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:51 PM   #18
jmdenver
Bat Boy

Hi. Does the OOTP 15 14 day return period apply to Steam purchases? Thinking of upgrading from OOTP 14 but would like that cushion in case the new release is not yet stable.
jmdenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:45 PM   #19
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdenver View Post
Hi. Does the OOTP 15 14 day return period apply to Steam purchases? Thinking of upgrading from OOTP 14 but would like that cushion in case the new release is not yet stable.
I'll ask the developers this, but I'm quite certain the answer is no. As far as I know, orders made through third parties like Steam, Amazon, etc., have to be handled by them. But Steam's official policy is to not give refunds (although they might make exceptions, but I wouldn't count on that).

Last edited by old timer; 04-25-2014 at 03:48 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:45 PM   #20
SMFXR01
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdenver View Post
I have been playing the Steam version.... it's stable....
And plays like a dream
SMFXR01 is offline   Reply With Quote