Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-14-2014, 05:03 PM   #41
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

I was gonna buy the game but now I'm still gonna to buy the game.

EA never would have made a stand-up announcement like this. You never fail to impress. Well played, Sir.

Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:46 PM   #42
RBLwebguy
Hall Of Famer

A development team that goes the extra mile for its clientele! Markus, Andreas et al provide nothing but the best customer service. Been a huge fan since discovering OOTP in 2003. Keep up the good work guys! Hoping the release will be a huge success and bring in more potential GMs!
RBLwebguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:51 PM   #43
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
I was gonna buy the game but now I'm still gonna to buy the game.

EA never would have made a stand-up announcement like this. You never fail to impress. Well played, Sir.

EA barely made announcements when they flat out cancelled a game (NBA Live 12)

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:59 PM   #44
canadian content
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Tribe View Post
what's the status of online head to head?.....
IF I read between the lines accurately then head to head will appear in OOTP 16.
canadian content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:24 PM   #45
frangipard
OOTP Roster Team

Okay, so let me get this straight. You're having problems with the programming, so you're coming on here, personally, and transparently offering full disclosure of what the problem is, explaining how you plan to fix it, apologizing, and offering refunds?

Markus, I'm sorry, but I don't think you have future in the video game industry.
frangipard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:31 PM   #46
mavericktango
Major Leagues

As a customer since 2003, I'm not going to stop buying it now Markus. You've never let me down in all that time and I don't believe you're about to start now. I'm looking forward to fully using my widescreen monitor and extending my spring training to allow me to get a good look at my promising players and those that are looking for a 40-Man spot.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:14 PM   #47
dbacks4ever
Bat Boy

The 3D is NOT working by release??? I am stunned and angry, no way will I be buying this game now... this is just total..naaa, im kidding! :-) I'm soooo looking forward to this game and I think Markus and company just do beyond an amazing job... this is my
favorite game ever and I'm just counting down the days til Friday :-) Thanks Markus!!
dbacks4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:46 PM   #48
dishnet34
All Star Starter

It's OK, man. Take your time. I'll still play it when it comes out.
dishnet34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:47 PM   #49
BradC
All Star Starter

That shouldn't be an issue, since Markus hired Jorin on a full-time basis to do nothing but work on 3D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDurron View Post
Now, let's make sure everybody keeps in mind that since we KNOW that Markus is going to be patching 3D like a madman for the first few weeks, there may be some more lag than usual when it comes to dealing with the usual grab bag of opening bugs.

We're all quite magnanimous about this until it impacts stuff WE care about, so let's just put that into the backs of our minds today to reduce some angst later.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:17 PM   #50
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
That shouldn't be an issue, since Markus hired Jorin on a full-time basis to do nothing but work on 3D.

would be great if we could one day control a 3d player then add the mode ITP...Im a dreamer.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:44 PM   #51
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

I bought my first OOTP game in 2002 once High Heat pretty much completely changed (oh and when I scratched my HH2002 CD ROM to the point of it being unplayable) and picking up OOTP 4 was the greatest thing I have ever done. Love this game and everything about it. Words cannot express how excited I am for this year's release. It seems to have taken some pretty solid steps forward.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:49 PM   #52
sth0009
Minors (Single A)

i am disappointed the ball flight isn't ready, but really appreciate how up front you are. I preordered and have no issue, like others, in waiting for you to work out the issues.

you all work hard to provide a quality product and it shows.

cheers.
sth0009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:50 PM   #53
canadian content
Minors (Triple A)

I don't care when 3D is ready, I wasn't going to buy the game immediately upon release anyway but I was planning on buying it shortly after; this is the only game that I play anymore and unless something else out there comes along and entices me, which is highly unlikely, I can't see myself playing anything else anytime soon.
canadian content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:09 PM   #54
moore4807
All Star Starter

Christmas for me is April 18th! Thanks for keeping the schedule gents!

Oh yeah, All the wargamers out there, does anyone play War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition? There's HEAVY lifting learning that game but nearly as addictive as OOTP.
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:22 PM   #55
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore4807 View Post
Oh yeah, All the wargamers out there, does anyone play War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition? There's HEAVY lifting learning that game but nearly as addictive as OOTP.
I want to. Have heard good things about it. Doubt I have enough time to devote to it though, even if I got it...
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:40 PM   #56
Timothym313
Minors (Rookie Ball)

OOTP is one of the few games that I can say gets better every year! That's why every year I purchase this game. I don't do a lot of posting but just wanted to say thank you for my favorite game.
Timothym313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:13 PM   #57
BPS
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore4807 View Post
Christmas for me is April 18th! Thanks for keeping the schedule gents!

WITP-AE is indeed a great game. Unfortunately, it is so massive and complex that most people (including me) need separate programs (running outside the game) just to keep track of what is going on inside the game!
BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:41 AM   #58
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Tribe View Post
what's the status of online head to head?.....
No status, as always. You can already do this with third-party programs. But, someday, it will be part of OOTP. But I do not know when

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 04-15-2014 at 02:43 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:27 AM   #59
Prongle
Minors (Single A)

As I said on Tiwtter Markus, the real substance of the game is the stats and gameplay. 3D ballparks are a nice extra, it won't detract from the playing experience for me.

Keep up the good work.
Prongle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:28 AM   #60
Tycobbler
All Star Starter

No love lost here. I'm just thankful Markus continues to do what he does, and that's put out one of if not the best game there is. Thanks much!
Tycobbler is offline   Reply With Quote