Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-12-2014, 05:44 PM   #61
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
My ex-wife said that I live in an abstract imaginary fantasy world and that I was good-for-nothing. Hrmph...Little did she know that I led my team to 8 straight playoff appearances.

Women...
Never let women judge your life.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:48 PM   #62
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Never let women judge your life.

I was actually shooting for humor but excellent advice nonetheless.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:43 PM   #63
Ceej
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post

- Inside the park home runs have been tweaked so that ballpark dimensions have a much bigger effect
Park dimensions are officially becoming meaningful

What will I see, though, if I historically simmed from the dead ball era into the 1920s and beyond? Even parks that had few changes to their dimensions during their lifespans (Forbes Field), no changes (Sportsman's Park III) or got BIGGER (Polo Grounds post-1923) still had their inside-the-park homer rates plummet in the 1910s-early '20s and continue to steadily decline into the '50s.
Ceej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:09 PM   #64
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Great list, really looking forward to April.

While we have Markus checking in here I was wondering if v15 will include a player's first hit in his history? In versions 6.5 and before there would be a mention in a player's history of his first MLB hit and who he got it off of. It's not a huge thing but was cool to see when looking back over a player's history.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:24 PM   #65
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

OOTP 15 Feature List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donevyn View Post
I've played last several year's of OOTP (and a couple of leagues), but it always end's up for me being overwhelmed by all the choices, trying to find screen's for choices and etc. Now I know this game is for the hardcore, but really would like to enjoy the game, without(!) all the intricacies of minor leagues by the gazzalion; draft's without knowledge; and a billion other small details that the hardcore love. But even tho' I love looking at statistics, I'm more of a 'manager' type, not the GM type. So I'd rather enjoy on-field choices with a slight sprinkling of GM choices to do obvious trades and promotions. But none of the financial stuff give and take etc.

So, can there be something put in the manual on what things can be turned off for a 'simpler' way to enjoy OOTP? And maybe a 'tree of choices' that can be made available to print-out, or have sitting on your desktop to see the flow of things and an easier way to find them?

Well that is my lament. I'm sure I'm in the very small minority here. I do love what Markus and crew have done and want to support them for such a well done job (and with iOOTP), but just(!) not all of it

Maybe they can take from FM and create a classic mode which could be basic as iOOTP.

IMO though. Playing OOTP15 and not taking advantage of all the details and depth is like buying a sports car and always driving it under 50 mph.

Not everyone has a iPad or iPhone so it seem logical to have a classic mode within the full game as a mode or something.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:08 PM   #66
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

"Added the possibility to offer a job to a coach without having to fire the one who currently occupies the position"

Markus, have you tested this?

As of now, a manager fired or replaced mid season will keep his stats (unless hired by another team) but the replacement, if on the current coaching staff will automatically grab the old managers record, dissolving their time as Bench/Pitching/Hitting coach

"Groundball % rating for pitchers is now more variable and no longer displayed numerically"
Uh-oh how do we handle big Groundball pitchers like Spitball and sinker pitchers?

"Added the option to set service time limit and age limit rules for minor leagues"
"Recoded the minor league roster AI to prevent unrealistic amounts of roster moves in the minor leagues"

Has THIS been tested? Will the AI keep a 22 yr old player and bump him up to AA and only release him if he shows to be a horrible ballplayer?

Last edited by Carlton; 03-12-2014 at 08:15 PM.
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:41 PM   #67
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
"Added the possibility to offer a job to a coach without having to fire the one who currently occupies the position"

Markus, have you tested this?
Has THIS been tested? Will the AI keep a 22 yr old player and bump him up to AA and only release him if he shows to be a horrible ballplayer?
Beta just started today. We'll be testing all of this and everything else as it progresses!
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:44 PM   #68
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
This version is definitely the best, by far, which we have ever produced. When I'm firing up OOTP 14 it feels so outdated already, it's spooky.
That's scary
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:54 PM   #69
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
My ex-wife said that I live in an abstract imaginary fantasy world and that I was good-for-nothing. Hrmph...Little did she know that I led my team to 8 straight playoff appearances.

Women...
but did you tell her the all the revenues the team is raking in and how that's because of your hard work and dedication! If that doesn't impress her, quite frankly I think she's a lost cause. You don't need that added stress, you have a job to do...win a championship!
Old 03-12-2014, 09:32 PM   #70
Pineywoods OOTPer
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
That's scary
No, that's exciting...

Senior Office Manager, 13th Circle of Heck.

Pineywoods OOTPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:33 PM   #71
Pineywoods OOTPer
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Will this version come with a list of things we can tell the wife when she asks why we like to sit in front of the computer all weekend?
I keep mentioning to her I would like to see that added into her games that she's playing all night sometimes for. Trust me, OOTP isn't one of them.

Senior Office Manager, 13th Circle of Heck.

Pineywoods OOTPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:58 PM   #72
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Any chance of an in game screen shot?
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:21 PM   #73
The Game
Hall Of Famer

It's like a whole brand new game. If 15 looks this impressive how ya gonna beat it with 16?
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:36 PM   #74
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
- Added the option to assign a repuation level to a league, which is used in player contract AI

I'm excited for this one!

I just hope that we have separate hall of fames for leagues! With these great changes for international I would hate for a player who played in both leagues to be inducted into both when added manually only for one.

Last edited by dave1927p; 03-12-2014 at 10:38 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:51 PM   #75
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post

I'm excited for this one!

I just hope that we have separate hall of fames for leagues! With these great changes for international I would hate for a player who played in both leagues to be inducted into both when added manually only for one.
They are separate.
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:57 PM   #76
philthepat

I know you should never wish your life away... but id really like for it to be april 18th already....
philthepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:50 PM   #77
dumbrabbit
All Star Reserve

Markus,

can you elaborate the feature "- The application window can be resized to any size by dragging the corners / borders"? Not entirely sure what this means we can do.
dumbrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:03 AM   #78
dumbrabbit
All Star Reserve

Also Markus, can you please add a feature that will let us see basic stats for players on the trading screen when we use the trade finder feature? A little complicated so if you need more explanation let me know
dumbrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:16 AM   #79
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

Any addition to the "Association" aspect?

- Consolidated statistics from all games across all associated leagues?
- Association leaderboards, records etc?

I would also love, love, love to see manual selection of playoff teams OR a choice of rules to determine tie breakers (e.g. head2head record, division record, runs scored minus runs conceded etc.).

Oh and I will say, some great things on there, many that I have tried to manually integrate into my leagues (age limits on minor league rosters, editable milestones/accomplishments, ST roster sizes, grand slams as accomplishments - my rookie SP hit one the other day and it got me excited).
mikezone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:31 AM   #80
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

One final little thing to add, how about being able to set the start and end years for a season that crosses over the calendar year. I am in Australia and like running my leagues in our spring/summer time (i.e Sep-Apr) and unfortunately I can't run an annual almanac that covers everything from the baseball year as it defaults to only running a calendar year alamanac.
mikezone13 is offline   Reply With Quote