Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-30-2014, 02:50 PM   #21
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hageneezz View Post
Doesn`t Markus speak German btw?
Sure he does, but he's a busy man. Plus it'd be kind of an official request coming from him, which might have licensing implications etc.

I don't think that'd be the best way to do this. I really just want the info for my own records and db and to add whatever parts of it I can to the official leagues, perhaps eventually to make a mod with the top Euro leagues included. I guess if all went really well with that maybe Markus would let us add the other top Euro leagues into the game, idk, but we're a long ways off from even being able to consider that right now

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 01-30-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:52 PM   #22
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hageneezz View Post
I do speak Dutch and if you would i could sent the KNBSB your message in Dutch..
Ok cool, thanks.

I'll try to get something together for you in the next few days and will send you a PM when I have.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:52 PM   #23
moonlightmerc
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Ja, dat weet ik.

? Spreek je Nederlands Hoewel ik denk dat de meeste Nederlandse mensen begrijpen Engels Ik dacht dat het een goed idee zou kunnen zijn om iemand die Nederlands spreekt direct een email sturen naar de KNBSB en de teams zelf te krijgen en te zien of het mogelijk is om betere informatie, roosters krijgen met dob's, lengte, gewicht enz. voor de lagere competities en zelfs sommige van de HH teams die dit niet direct beschikbaar hebben.

Geen van de lagere divisies zou het te maken in het spel dit jaar en misschien wel nooit, behalve in een mod, idk. Toch zou ik graag betere gegevens voor mijn eigen persoonlijke db en het zou uiteindelijk te maken in het spel op een of andere manier.

Als u of iemand die Nederlands, Frans, Duits spreekt, Tsjechisch of Spaans zou bereid zijn om een aantal e-mails voor mij stuur dan stuur me een PM en ik zal je de tekst te versturen en adressen op te sturen naar. Misschien kunnen we een aantal goede informatie over alle top Europese competities deze manier krijgen!
You can use Google Translate.
moonlightmerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:52 PM   #24
Hageneezz
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Sure he does, but he's a busy man. Plus it'd be kind of an official request coming from him, which might have licensing implications etc.

I don't think that'd be the best way to do this. I really just want the info for my own records and db and to add whatever parts of it I can the the official leagues and perhaps eventually to make a mod with the top Euro Leagues included.
I understand completely..Good luck to you
Hageneezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:53 PM   #25
Hageneezz
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Ok cool, thanks.

I'll try to get something together for you in the next few days and will send you a PM when I have.
Fine, look forward to the PM
Hageneezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:54 PM   #26
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightmerc View Post
You can use Google Translate.
Google translate is good for understanding data in another language but not really so good for communicating with another human being.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:04 PM   #27
moonlightmerc
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Google translate is good for understanding data in another language but not really so good for communicating with another human being.
Your right I guess it never really occurred to me. I use it at work sending form letters once in awhile.
moonlightmerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:37 PM   #28
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Yes, something along those lines would work.
Go for it!
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:58 PM   #29
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike348 View Post
The issue is that AI teams don't know how to avoid last place.
There's that, and there's also the fact that the finances of a promotion/relegation system are quite different from that of the closed, monopoly league structure typical of North American sports leagues.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:36 AM   #30
struggles_mightily
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by themonk View Post
Unfortunately, this is no longer true.

"Until 2010, the IBL featured a league format that demoted and relegated the last place finisher to the minor leagues (Series A2), while the Series A2 champion would be promoted into the IBL. However, in late 2009 FIBS approved the decision to eliminate the promotion and relegation system starting with the 2010 season and thus will apply a fixed team franchise format similar to that found in Major League Baseball." -- Wikipedia

But I also wish that promotion/relegation will be a feature available in OOTP 15...
Oh. Tits. Well, thanks for correcting me, that's what I get for not researchin before postin.
struggles_mightily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:41 PM   #31
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Not sure if this has been touched upon, but lowering the tiered levels of promotion/relegation also sees a change in modifiers for the teams.

I've seen the last place team get relegated to 2nd Division and then win 130 games in a 154 game season, and the team that was promoted barely win 50 at the first division level.
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:44 PM   #32
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt View Post
Not sure if this has been touched upon, but lowering the tiered levels of promotion/relegation also sees a change in modifiers for the teams.

I've seen the last place team get relegated to 2nd Division and then win 130 games in a 154 game season, and the team that was promoted barely win 50 at the first division level.
That's almost exactly what can happen in baseball leagues (and other sports too though not usually soccer) that have promotion/relegation irl.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:05 PM   #33
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Well that does indeed make sense. OK, maybe I can figure something out for an OOTP 15 update during the summer
Plus it kinda sucks doing a manual promotion/relegation simply because you can't simulate multiple seasons. It just makes it easier for the user if implemented as an option.

Also would be cool to see a clause in player contracts where they are released if the team is demoted.

Last edited by dave1927p; 01-31-2014 at 08:06 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:19 PM   #34
Nugget699
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
How about that if the promotion/relegation box is checked in league setup, then all of the cellar teams automatically shift to win now mode after halfway through the season? That strikes me as an easy and simple solution.
That is a great solution without having to spend countless hours coding a feature that will get minimal use.
Nugget699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:57 PM   #35
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
How about that if the promotion/relegation box is checked in league setup, then all of the cellar teams automatically shift to win now mode after halfway through the season? That strikes me as an easy and simple solution.
Yeah, gotta throw in my support for this, as well. Brilliantly easy fix to the AI without having to completely re-code it.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:26 PM   #36
Nugget699
Major Leagues

Maybe code it so any teams that fall into the lower 30-35% of the Standings automatically go to Win Now?

We could also focus on Owner's Attributes as to whether the team fights or accepts it's fate. For instance, a team that is so far behind all the others and will almost certainly be relegated may well trade away it's star players to cut the wage bill down so they can stay financially viable for the following season when revenue will drop.
Nugget699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:25 PM   #37
deanemj
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Well that does indeed make sense. OK, maybe I can figure something out for an OOTP 15 update during the summer
Please, please, please, please, please X500,000,000 do this. I'll buy you that sandwich you were on about.

I for one have been asking for this feature for at least three years now and I've seen many other users requesting it as well. I desperately want to be able to run a custom fantasy league structure using automatic promotion and relegation.

Last edited by deanemj; 01-31-2014 at 10:31 PM.
deanemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:23 PM   #38
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanemj View Post
Please, please, please, please, please X500,000,000 do this. I'll buy you that sandwich you were on about.

I for one have been asking for this feature for at least three years now and I've seen many other users requesting it as well. I desperately want to be able to run a custom fantasy league structure using automatic promotion and relegation.
I don't think you're ever going to see automatic p/r. But, as Markus as said, you can do p/r manually with the league editing tools. But if the teams behave like they're in p/r league you could have a p/r league that worked - so long as you didn't mind spending five minutes of your time editing after every season.

Which seems fair, because otherwise Markus has to rewrite a ton of code, especially financial code. With my idea, he doesn't, and you still effectively get what you want.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:31 AM   #39
deanemj
Minors (Double A)

That's exactly what I don't want to have to deal with, though. I want it to be automatic so I don't have to deal with the frustration of it every season. It's a nightmare trying to do it manually.
deanemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:23 PM   #40
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

I am doing a promotion/relegation dynasty league right now and I can tell you that in terms of manual changes after the season, it really isn't time-consuming. I would say even if you have four divisions, it wouldn't take much more than five minutes to make the changes, if that.

What it does do, though, is that when you go back to your standings, if you have not gotten to spring training yet and it still shows last year's standings, it will show the teams in their new divisions, so the standings will look wrong. So, make sure you run your almanac before you promote and relegate.
chucksabr is offline   Reply With Quote