Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 05-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
mjrak
Minors (Single A)

New Modern League With a Twist - League Full

We need just ONE GM for the Philly franchise!! We are under-way with the Legend selection so if you are interested please email me ASAP!

Philadelphia (How can you not want to add Mike Schmidt to that lineup? Steve Carlton perhaps?)

Mike

Third time I'm posting this, every time I edit my other posts they disappear . I'm not gonna edit this one. Anyways...here we go.

Legends of Today's Baseball is an OOTP sim league utilizing Out of the Park Development's OOTP 13 baseball simulation game. LTB is a modern league that mirror's Major League Baseball leagues with one fun and unique added feature: Legends! Each of the 30 Major League Franchises will choose a legend from it's past to re-join the current roster of player's in hopes of bringing prestige back to their great city. These choices will be made by the inaugurial GM of the franchise and the league will continue that feature by introducing 1-2 legends each Amateur Draft.

Full League Name (Initials): Legends of Today's Baseball (LTB)
Website URL: Legends of Today's Baseball League
Reports URL: Home
Forums URL: Legends of Today's Baseball - Rak Sim Association
Commissioner(s) OOTP Forum Username: Michael Rak - mjrak
Email Address: ltbcommish@gmail.com
OOTP Version: OOTP 13
Game Needed?: Yes
Players: Modern with 1 Legend Per Organization
# Of Teams: 30
Exports Days & Deadlines: Monday, Wednesday & Friday @ 9 PM Eastern
League Time Per Sim: 7 Days
First Season: 2012
Current Season: 2012
Rules & Settings:

Coaches: OFF
Scouting: OFF
Rule 5 Draft: Enabled
10/5 Rule: OFF
Ratings Scale: 1-20
Injury Setting: High (Realistic Modern Day) *To be reviewed regularly
Draft Pick Trading: OFF
Advanced Draft Negotiations: OFF
Minor League System: Complete
Playoffs: Modern (Wild Card, Division Series, League Championship Series, World Series)
Designated Hitter: AL Only
2012 CBA Rule Changes: Enabled
Development: Recalc OFF

Available Teams:
Colorado (No one wants to re-live the Larry Walker, Andres Galarraga, Dante Bichette years?)
LA Angels (A great choice here of Frank Robinson, Nolan Ryan, Reggie Jackson, Rod Carew...)
Philadelphia (How can you not want to add Mike Schmidt to that lineup? Steve Carlton perhaps?)
If you're interested in joining please email me and tell me a bit about yourself (How long you have been with OOTP and how many leagues you are currently in). Please also let me know if you use any instant messengers and what your top 2 choices for teams are.

Teams are filling up fast as long as I have this ad live Will be sure not to edit it again.

You can also reach me on MSN @ littlerak@hotmail.com or AIM @ mjrak82

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited by mjrak; 05-29-2012 at 12:32 AM.
mjrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
spider_monkey_b
Minors (Triple A)

New Modern League With a Twist - 3rd Post

I'll go with Detroit please. I also sent you an email with a few questions regarding how the "franchise players" will be rated and incorporated into the draft.
spider_monkey_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
travis649
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Sent you an email.
travis649 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #4
mjrak
Minors (Single A)

New Modern League With a Twist - 3rd Post

Third time I'm posting this, every time I edit my other posts they disappear . I'm not gonna edit this one. Anyways...here we go.

Legends of Today's Baseball is an OOTP sim league utilizing Out of the Park Development's OOTP 13 baseball simulation game. LTB is a modern league that mirror's Major League Baseball leagues with one fun and unique added feature: Legends! Each of the 30 Major League Franchises will choose a legend from it's past to re-join the current roster of player's in hopes of bringing prestige back to their great city. These choices will be made by the inaugurial GM of the franchise and the league will continue that feature by introducing 1-2 legends each Amateur Draft.

Full League Name (Initials): Legends of Today's Baseball (LTB)
Website URL: Legends of Today's Baseball League
Reports URL: Home
Forums URL: Legends of Today's Baseball - Rak Sim Association
Commissioner(s) OOTP Forum Username: Michael Rak - mjrak
Email Address: ltbcommish@gmail.com
OOTP Version: OOTP 13
Game Needed?: Yes
Players: Modern with 1 Legend Per Organization
# Of Teams: 30
Exports Days & Deadlines: Monday, Wednesday & Friday @ 9 PM Eastern
League Time Per Sim: 7 Days
First Season: 2012
Current Season: 2012
Rules & Settings:

Coaches: OFF
Scouting: OFF
Rule 5 Draft: Enabled
10/5 Rule: OFF
Ratings Scale: 1-20
Injury Setting: High (Realistic Modern Day) *To be reviewed regularly
Draft Pick Trading: OFF
Advanced Draft Negotiations: OFF
Minor League System: Complete
Playoffs: Modern (Wild Card, Division Series, League Championship Series, World Series)
Designated Hitter: AL Only
2012 CBA Rule Changes: Enabled
Development: Recalc OFF

Available Teams:
Arizona
Chicago Cubs
Chicago WSox
Cleveland
Colorado
Houston
Kansas City
LA Angels
Miami
Milwaukee
Minnesota
Oakland
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
San Diego
San Francisco
Seattle
St. Louis
Tampa Bay

If you're interested in joining please email me and tell me a bit about yourself (How long you have been with OOTP and how many leagues you are currently in). Please also let me know if you use any instant messengers and what your top 2 choices for teams are.

Teams are filling up fast as long as I have this ad live Will be sure not to edit it again.

You can also reach me on MSN @ littlerak@hotmail.com or AIM @ mjrak82

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #5
mjrak
Minors (Single A)

White Sox are now taken.

Mike
Old 05-20-2012, 11:40 PM   #6
mjrak
Minors (Single A)

San Francisco is now taken.

Mike
Old 05-21-2012, 08:42 AM   #7
bigfatcat
Minors (Double A)

e-mail sent...hoping for:
Cards
D-Backs

Thanks!
Mark F.
bigfatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:00 AM   #8
Thisiswherbert
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'll coin flip with you for the Cards Mark! Sent an email out too for them haha
Thisiswherbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #9
bigfatcat
Minors (Double A)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisiswherbert View Post
"He who hesitates is lost"
Joseph Addison. (1713)

Someone else might have beat us to them...e-mailed, but didn't post.
Or...I'd take the D-Backs...if you trade me Jamie Garcia for a dozen AA slugs with no chance of ever making the majors.

actually, Commish, if things fall into place, i'd be fine with the Diamondbacks, and Thisiswherbert can have the Cards...maybe...depending on how the 'legends' thing works. i don't think i'd want to give up Musial or Dean for...um...uh...legendary Diamondback...um...err...

Last edited by bigfatcat; 05-21-2012 at 10:53 AM. Reason: more info
Old 05-21-2012, 11:11 AM   #10
bigfatcat
Minors (Double A)

now i'm curious...how will it work for franchises that have never had a Ruth, Mays, Cobb, etc.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #11
Thisiswherbert
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yea I'd actually love more clarification about how the legends work, are they added as players in their prime, or do they come in as minor leaguers?
Old 05-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #12
spider_monkey_b
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Yea I'd actually love more clarification about how the legends work, are they added as players in their prime, or do they come in as minor leaguers?
I asked commish about this and here's what I was told:

Legends come in at 25 years old BUT that doesn't mean their ratings will be as the game rates them at 25. There ratings will be "softened" by the commish and fall somewhere in the range of where the game has them from 25-28 years old.

That to me is a little troublesome because after a few tests on historical player ratings, a guy could be ranked 10/10/8 at 25 and then 5/5/8 at 26. I certainly want to know which ratings are getting used before picking someone. I'd much rather it just be set and the same for everyone without any backroom influence. For example, your player is set at age 25, but given the current ratings he had at 26, 27 or whatever. Let the GM's actually know what they are getting when they are picking.

Also, the player has to be post 1947, but I don't understand why. So even as the Tigers, I couldn't bring back Cobb...again, not sure why.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:39 AM   #13
spider_monkey_b
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatcat View Post
now i'm curious...how will it work for franchises that have never had a Ruth, Mays, Cobb, etc.
I am assuming you take the best of what they did have. Even guys from the 80's/90's could have pretty decent ratings. Sure, they don't carry that historical mistique, but in game they probably don't perform much differently.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:00 PM   #14
Thisiswherbert
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_monkey_b View Post
Also, the player has to be post 1947, but I don't understand why. So even as the Tigers, I couldn't bring back Cobb...again, not sure why.
As long as Gibson could be revived, I'd be happy!

Just curious spider, who did you revive with the Tigers?
Old 05-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #15
spider_monkey_b
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:

I still havn't decided, mostly because the ratings cloud of uncertainty is making it difficult.

I originally thought SP Hal Newhouser or Jack Morris, but when I imported them there ratings were far FAR from legendary. I expected Newhouser, the only SP to win back to back MVP awards would be much better than the lines of 6/9/5.

Cecil Fielder came to mind to play with son, Prince. But then I'd essentially be stuck with 4 1B, 2 Fielders, Vmart and Cabrera so that's likely a bad idea.

Current leading candidates are Allan Trammel, Lou Whitaker, Al Kaline, Kirk Gibson.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:10 PM   #16
bigfatcat
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

if you get the Cards, you mean? right?

actually, Commish, if things fall into place, i'd be fine with the Diamondbacks, and Thisiswherbert can have the Cards...maybe...depending on how the 'legends' thing works. i don't think i'd want to give up Musial or Dean for...um...uh...legendary Diamondback...um...err...

i'd be happy with Randy Johnson, but he also played for other teams. otherwise...the Cards, i think (if my e-mail beat your e-mail). we should wait to hear from the Commish, before we get too far ahead of ourselves...

Last edited by bigfatcat; 05-21-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #17
Thisiswherbert
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_monkey_b View Post
Current leading candidates are Allan Trammel, Lou Whitaker, Al Kaline, Kirk Gibson.
How are Denny McLain and Mickey Lolich's stats when imported?
Old 05-21-2012, 03:46 PM   #18
mjrak
Minors (Single A)

Just to clarify a few things here:

1) The expansion teams have first dibs on a few "Legends" since they don't really have a full history like other teams. So the Dbacks have first rights to Randy Johnson, Curt Schilling, Luis Gonzalez, Matt Williams, Tampa has first dibs on Wade Boggs, Jose Canseco, Fred McGriff etc.

As for the Legends, of the names you guys are mentioned here (Minus a couple from above) we are all talking about 5 star guys mostly. No one is going to be rated 6-9-6. Also, I never said softened, I said smoothed. But all Legends will be just that...Legends. Don't expect any of them (unless you make a poor choice) to not be your best player.

Lastly, the reason we chose to go post-integration is because there are a huge number of guys like Ruth, Cobb etc. who's career numbers are so far superior to anything else in the history of the game that they are just freaks. We know we are inflating the talent drums, but we didn't want to inflate them with the likes of them. It also give the Yanks and Tigers, Cards, BoSox, WSox etc. an even larger advantage over the younger teams then they already have.

Hope that answers a few questions. With the Legends, best method is to look at career numbers+peak season+hardware like MVP's or Cy Youngs. If they are heavy in those areas then they are going to be studs. But if you choose someone who's career numbers don't shine but has greate peak season(s) (Brady Anderson perhaps) then you might be disappointed with how he turns out.

Mike
Old 05-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #19
mjrak
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Hey,

I didn't receive your email. Can you resend?

Mike
Old 05-21-2012, 03:52 PM   #20
mjrak
Minors (Single A)

Pirates are gone.

Mike