Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-24-2014, 10:28 PM   #161
byzeil
All Star Starter

When creating draft lists in-game for online leagues you can ask your scout to fill a round or all rounds. Or you can fill out the list and copy it to all rounds.

I'd like to be able to fill out some portion of a round, like the first 15 or 20 picks and then ask the scout to fill out the rest of the round (then copy it to all rounds). That way you can customize a certain number of players on the list then not leave the rest blank but have it based on your scout.

TBH I'm not sure exactly how the AI picks if the list is blank. If it uses the team's scout then I guess you can scrap this suggestion because it would be essentially what I am asking for.

Last edited by byzeil; 03-24-2014 at 11:18 PM.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:26 AM   #162
Tycobbler
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefalumps View Post
Hi Markus,

Not sure which problem he's referring to (whoops - rpriske replied with his issue while I was typing this), but I notice a number of little "quirks" when it comes to double-headers, most of which are cosmetic (such as the font color on your team schedule screen being only green or red for the day's results, even if you won one game and lost the other).

But one issue is pretty major and can wreak some serious havoc on AI pitching staffs.

In my league, I have "Always start highest rested starter" as the default setting for all teams. When you first advance to a day with a doubleheader, on the Scores & Schedule screen you'll usually see the most rested pitcher set to start the first game and the next highest rested pitcher set to start the second game. This is as it should be.

Sometimes you see the same pitcher set to start both games. This happens when there is no acceptably "rested" second pitcher. Usually the pitcher gets changed to somebody else when the game actually gets simulated.

But what I've noticed is that, after the first game concludes, the pitcher chosen to start the second game is always the next guy in *strict order* in the rotation, even if he just pitched yesterday! I usually change mine to the most rested guy, but the AI just leaves it as it. It's as if the AI just ignores the "start highest rested starter" setting after that first game.

That's the biggest problem I've noticed with regards to double-headers thus far. Hopefully a fix can make it in to 15.

And thanks for all the other features - looks amazing!
Actually the fix for this if it hasn't been mentioned allready is to have an "emergency starter". The game will recognize it and start the emergency starter in game 2 of the double header and not any of the 5 man rotation.
Tycobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:46 AM   #163
Tycobbler
All Star Starter

How about double splits? fixed?
Old 03-25-2014, 11:15 AM   #164
hefalumps
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycobbler View Post
Actually the fix for this if it hasn't been mentioned allready is to have an "emergency starter". The game will recognize it and start the emergency starter in game 2 of the double header and not any of the 5 man rotation.
Thanks for the suggestion - and that's fine and dandy for the team I manage, but is there a way to force all the AI teams to keep an emergency starter on their roster reserved for that purpose?

Seems like it'd just be better if Markus fixed the code so the second game was pitched by the next highest rested starter (when that pitching rotation style is selected) instead of the next numbered starter in the order.
hefalumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:45 PM   #165
Tycobbler
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefalumps View Post
Seems like it'd just be better if Markus fixed the code so the second game was pitched by the next highest rested starter (when that pitching rotation style is selected) instead of the next numbered starter in the order.

Oh I agree whole heartedly. I was speaking primarily from an online perspective.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:16 AM   #166
omniart
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
- Added the option to set a fee for which teams from other leagues may purchase contracts of players. This is useful if you have independent leagues in your game.
I am curious as to the details of this fee. Let's say that we have a primary league and an independent league. A team in the primary league wants to purchase the contract of a player in the independent league.

(1) Are there any kind of negotiations between the teams and/or player involved, or does the team from the primary league simply pay the fee and get the player?

(2) What if more than one team in the primary league wants to purchase the player? Is it handled on a first come, first serve basis? Or do some teams have precedence (as with waiver wire transactions)? Or do the teams compete via the fee amount, with the player going to the team offering the largest fee (as with free agency)?

Thanks in advance for any answers! I am greatly looking forward to OOTP-15.
omniart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:30 AM   #167
LunchBox
Minors (Triple A)

I'm curious to know if it will be eaiser to run a head to head league in OOTP 15, cause in previous versions it's a bit of a pain, cause me and a friend find it eaiser to play on the same computer rather than start an entire online league just for the 2 of us
LunchBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:42 AM   #168
Masson26
Minors (Single A)

Do you know if anything has been done to make independent leagues and foreign league a little more realistic in regards to what talent will actually play in these leagues such as guys like Kevin youkilis in Japan and fringe guys for example like Scott Sheldon, corky miller and that type of guy who in real life will play in these leagues but never would in ootp
Masson26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:39 AM   #169
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

I may be imagining things, but I thought that we were going to be able to set "prestige" levels to the various leagues in 15, which might help with that sort of thing.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:24 PM   #170
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

Just wondering if this possible bug with Intl Ammy FA's and Salary Caps in leagues has been caught.. see here...

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3668366
mikezone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:30 PM   #171
plannine
All Star Reserve

System Requirements...

I just hope my laptop can handle this version of the game.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:53 PM   #172
mvm04
Minors (Single A)

I think i mentioned this somewhere last year, but is there anyway we can get an organizational scoreboard feature?

Like a spot where we can see quick linescores from our MLB team and every affiliate for the night?

Just a suggestion. Fully torqued for tomorrow !!
mvm04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:33 AM   #173
philthepat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvm04 View Post
I think i mentioned this somewhere last year, but is there anyway we can get an organizational scoreboard feature?

Like a spot where we can see quick linescores from our MLB team and every affiliate for the night?

Just a suggestion. Fully torqued for tomorrow !!
Would be an excellent feature, cant imagine it would be too tricky to implement either
philthepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:56 AM   #174
philthepat

Something similar to what is on this page.. Boston Red Sox Affiliates Scoreboard | MiLB.com Scoreboard | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball
philthepat is offline   Reply With Quote