Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-03-2014, 08:16 PM   #61
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
I was speaking about the statistical output for the new leagues. Will they have league totals from last season?

I also was wondering if we were getting more categories to input stats in for league total modifiers. In 14, I couldn't really get my Nippon league stat output to match reality because I was unable to input other stats to fine tune things. Stats like steals, SH, Etc were comparable to MLB instead of ***.
Ok, gotcha. I have already input last season's stats for the int leagues modifiers but I'll have to get Markus to review the resulting values before release as some of them seem a bit wonky to me.

As for the additional modifiers, I'm not sure on that. Will try to mention it to Markus and see what he says.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 03-03-2014 at 08:38 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:26 PM   #62
ToLucky1985
Bat Boy

Just thought of a few things for the *** and I hope it's in 15.

There is no disabled list.

Teams can freely swap players between ichi-gun and ni-gun as often as they wish, no matter how much service time a player has. This comes in handy when a team has more than 4 foreign players on a team (only 4 can be on the ichi-gun roster at a time). They can send down a foreigner that started the previous game and call up another one for the next game. All that matters is the player must be on the 70 man roster.

I don't know if the subject of ikusei players has come up. An ikusei player is signed, but not to the 70 man roster. The following rules apply:
*Teams with more than 65 players on the 70 man roster are allowed to sign ikuei players
*Ikusei players are only allowed to participate in Ni-gun games and only 5 players per team are allowed to play
*Ikusei players may change status to a contracted player by end of July, but foreign players over the age of 26 are only allowed to transfer by the end of March
*Ikusei players will wear a three-digit number and if the status changes, the player also needs to change its number to a one or two-digit number (example pic is an ikusei player)

*Ikusei players may be included in trades until the end of July

Speaking of uniform numbers, no two players in a organization (all levels included) will have the same uniform number.

Draft: Teams do not have to select every round. Here's last year as an example: Nippon-Ham 8 players signed, Orix 8, Softbank 4, Chiba Lotte 6, Seibu 7, Rakuten 9, Yakult 6, Yokohama 6, Chunichi 6, Hiroshima 5, Hanshin 6, Yomiuri 5.
These do not include players signed to ikusei contracts.

Last edited by ToLucky1985; 03-11-2014 at 03:28 PM.
ToLucky1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 04:52 PM   #63
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToLucky1985 View Post
Just thought of a few things for the *** and I hope it's in 15.

There is no disabled list.

Teams can freely swap players between ichi-gun and ni-gun as often as they wish, no matter how much service time a player has. This comes in handy when a team has more than 4 foreign players on a team (only 4 can be on the ichi-gun roster at a time). They can send down a foreigner that started the previous game and call up another one for the next game. All that matters is the player must be on the 70 man roster.

I don't know if the subject of ikusei players has come up. An ikusei player is signed, but not to the 70 man roster. The following rules apply:
*Teams with more than 65 players on the 70 man roster are allowed to sign ikuei players
*Ikusei players are only allowed to participate in Ni-gun games and only 5 players per team are allowed to play
*Ikusei players may change status to a contracted player by end of July, but foreign players over the age of 26 are only allowed to transfer by the end of March
*Ikusei players will wear a three-digit number and if the status changes, the player also needs to change its number to a one or two-digit number (example pic is an ikusei player)

*Ikusei players may be included in trades until the end of July

Speaking of uniform numbers, no two players in a organization (all levels included) will have the same uniform number.

Draft: Teams do not have to select every round. Here's last year as an example: Nippon-Ham 8 players signed, Orix 8, Softbank 4, Chiba Lotte 6, Seibu 7, Rakuten 9, Yakult 6, Yokohama 6, Chunichi 6, Hiroshima 5, Hanshin 6, Yomiuri 5.
These do not include players signed to ikusei contracts.
Any of this would be cool t be able to have for fictional leagues as well as the ***, but to be honest I wouldn't expect much if any of it to be in 15. One thing I actually hope we don't get is a blanket "use Japanese roster rules" switch, because it limits customisation of the league.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:13 PM   #64
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
One thing I actually hope we don't get is a blanket "use Japanese roster rules" switch, because it limits customisation of the league.
Realistically, it may not be possible to permit every roster/transaction rule to be separately selectable because of the sheer number of potential combinations that arise—it's not possible to test them all, nor does it seem feasible to get an AI that can handle every potential combination. Not only that, but there is the possibility that certain individual options could be enabled which actually or effectively contradict each other.

Rule 'sets' are a more practical way of allowing roster/transaction rule customization by packaging together rules which, in real life, operated together. That reduces the amount of work involved and makes testing easier, particularly since the combinations reflect real-life and thus AI moves can be checked against real-world data.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:00 PM   #65
frangipard
OOTP Roster Team

Questions for anyone:

1) What do you think will happen to the Serie Nacional if/when the US embargo is lifted?

2) How would you simulate that in OOTP?

I'd like to create a scenario where the embargo is lifted in 2016 or so, every player in Cuba is declared a free agent, and the US leagues are suddenly hit with a wave of talent. Maybe a new Cuban league forms along the lines of the VSL/DSL. But I'm not sure if that's realistic, or how I'd do it.
frangipard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:58 AM   #66
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
Realistically, it may not be possible to permit every roster/transaction rule to be separately selectable because of the sheer number of potential combinations that arise—it's not possible to test them all, nor does it seem feasible to get an AI that can handle every potential combination. Not only that, but there is the possibility that certain individual options could be enabled which actually or effectively contradict each other.

Rule 'sets' are a more practical way of allowing roster/transaction rule customization by packaging together rules which, in real life, operated together. That reduces the amount of work involved and makes testing easier, particularly since the combinations reflect real-life and thus AI moves can be checked against real-world data.
I see your point, certainly in terms of the AI. I disagree with "rule sets" (including the "enable 2012 CBA rules" thing) though, because they limit you to combinations that have happened in real life or at most very obvious combinations. A mix and match approach is, in my opinion, needed to allow the greatest degree of flexibility in fictional leagues. The upshot of this is that rules perhaps don't get added all at once. I'm confident though that over time it will be possible to get all of the unique Japanese rules in the game. It just might not be until OOTP 20 or something. I'd rather have that than an inflexible system in OOTP 16.

If OOTP goes down the road of rule sets then they would, in my opinion, have to be editable (XML files is the obvious way to do it), although my guess is that that seem to would defeat the purpose of them as a concept.

Old 03-12-2014, 05:12 PM   #67
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I see your point, certainly in terms of the AI. I disagree with "rule sets" (including the "enable 2012 CBA rules" thing) though, because they limit you to combinations that have happened in real life or at most very obvious combinations.
I understand that desire; personally, I try to temper it with a realization of unavoidable practical reality.

Now, there are probably some specific rules that can be made selectable items on their own. Adjusting the number of years needed for free agency, for example, or the years required for arbitration, or adding NFL-style franchise player designations. But others, I would say, are more too 'specific' to function as stand-alone items and thus work together better as a package.

Quote:
A mix and match approach is, in my opinion, needed to allow the greatest degree of flexibility in fictional leagues. The upshot of this is that rules perhaps don't get added all at once.
Speaking just of MLB alone, there can easily be anywhere from five to ten rule sets to cover its history, depending on how precise one wants to break the different roster/transaction rule periods down. Ten rule sets (plus the ability to do some tinkering with specific rules) sounds like a lot of choice to me.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:30 PM   #68
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Speaking just of MLB alone, there can easily be anywhere from five to ten rule sets to cover its history, depending on how precise one wants to break the different roster/transaction rule periods down. Ten rule sets (plus the ability to do some tinkering with specific rules) sounds like a lot of choice to me.
It's not too bad, but from a personal point of view I would rather have a completely customisable system.

Old 03-12-2014, 05:48 PM   #69
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's not too bad, but from a personal point of view I would rather have a completely customisable system.
Yeah, I get that, but personally, I just don't think that's realistically possible. (It's tough enough just getting Markus to consider the transaction/roster rules subject as something worthy of more detail, particularly as it pertains to the past rules.)
Old 03-12-2014, 06:17 PM   #70
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, I get that, but personally, I just don't think that's realistically possible. (It's tough enough just getting Markus to consider the transaction/roster rules subject as something worthy of more detail, particularly as it pertains to the past rules.)
I think I'm more optimistic on that that you then lol. It might take time and be low priority, but I believe we can get him to consider rules like that. As I said, I'd rather have them added slowly if it means we keep the level of mix and match customisation we currently have.

Old 03-12-2014, 07:13 PM   #71
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think I'm more optimistic on that that you then lol.
If I may coin a formula:

Pessimism = Optimism + Reality.

Old 03-13-2014, 11:27 AM   #72
Cowboys3356
All Star Starter

I find in my leagues that there are a ton of 1 star MLB vets that end up as Free Agents who never get resigned and or maybe end up in the minors. I would love to see these vets take their skills to an International League and tear it up adding some extra stats and years to their career.

If Markus can make it so these lower level vets that can't get an MLB gig will try out the International League for a few years that is AWESOME!
Cowboys3356 is offline   Reply With Quote