Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 23 > OOTP 23 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 05-03-2022, 06:46 PM   #61
Tedjeff
Bat Boy

Yeah, I moved it over in May '71. But I can just play out '71 in 22 and move it again in the offseason. Thanks for the help.
Tedjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 11:09 AM   #62
PoorBoy2001
Minors (Rookie Ball)

**Update: we did some more testing and clearing 7-day lineups solved the problem in one instance.

Online league.

Imported historical players (2021 draftees) to our league file. After adding players to teams I started getting Error 110 - team id not found in db when importing the team file.

Have been adding players this way for several years. First time we've ever had this error.

Only seems to happen with teams to which the new players have been added and only with import files generated by other team owners (no error with team files I generate locally)

League dat files and Anaheim team file (gives error on import): https://1drv.ms/u/s!An5f5Xm0Gnul0OJF...qE32Q?e=EEoQed
Attached Images

Last edited by PoorBoy2001; 05-04-2022 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Additions
PoorBoy2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 10:15 PM   #63
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Apologies if this has been reported already. Started a historical save to do facegen work as per usual and noticed that there are quite a few players who have their historical minors IDs in the completely wrong format.

It looks relatively widespread from the look, but I'm really not positive on how many players exactly are affected (don't have a great way to mass-check).

FancySkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 03:08 AM   #64
msc123123
Minors (Single A)

I am trying to recreate the rosters for Negro League teams that have been designated as Major League but it looks like a lot of those players aren't in the database at all. Given that these are considered Major League teams now, is there going to be any attempt to get the full rosters included in OOTP 23? For example, the 1943 Baltimore Elite Giants have Jim Jones, Art Milton, and Bobby Robinson on their roster according to baseball-reference but it doesn't appear any of those players are importable.
msc123123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 11:36 AM   #65
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by msc123123 View Post
I am trying to recreate the rosters for Negro League teams that have been designated as Major League but it looks like a lot of those players aren't in the database at all. Given that these are considered Major League teams now, is there going to be any attempt to get the full rosters included in OOTP 23? For example, the 1943 Baltimore Elite Giants have Jim Jones, Art Milton, and Bobby Robinson on their roster according to baseball-reference but it doesn't appear any of those players are importable.
See if some of the import codes you are using are off. Here's a list of import codes (obviously be sure the Minor League Database toggle is on). These codes predate bRef's and MLB's inclusion of the players as MLB. If there are more than one person with a given last name check Nicknames for the first name as well as the "First Name" column.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx ImportNegroLeaguePlayerList.xlsx (167.6 KB, 116 views)
LansdowneSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 12:25 PM   #66
msc123123
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LansdowneSt View Post
See if some of the import codes you are using are off. Here's a list of import codes (obviously be sure the Minor League Database toggle is on). These codes predate bRef's and MLB's inclusion of the players as MLB. If there are more than one person with a given last name check Nicknames for the first name as well as the "First Name" column.
I was able to load in Bobby Robinson with an outdated MiLBid that was in that excel file but I'm not seeing the other two still. In total, I see 63 players after going through the Kansas City Monarchs, Cuban Stars West, Chicago American Giants, and Baltimore Elite Giants that aren't within the excel sheet.
Old 05-05-2022, 04:51 PM   #67
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by msc123123 View Post
Try to start a 1943 historical league with historical minors included. Then you should get the full rosters of those teams and you can check/verify the ids.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 06:03 PM   #68
msc123123
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Try to start a 1943 historical league with historical minors included. Then you should get the full rosters of those teams and you can check/verify the ids.
I tried that but there is no one named Jim Jones or Art Milton on the 1943 Baltimore Elite Giant rosters. I think maybe the database was built off older data and we have since gotten more updated information because people looked into it more with it becoming major league. For example, looking at the 1943 rosters Charlie Biot is on the 1943 Baltimore Elite Giants but Baseball References/Seamshead agree he never played a game after 1941. Also, Willie Burns is on the Philadelphia Stars in 1943 when he is supposed to be on the Baltimore Elite Giants (he never played for the Stars).
For me personally, my main interest is on making sure all players are included in the database though. I don't think all these players are a case of just not having the IDs right. I can give the full list I have right now if that helps or if you could point me in another direction if I am missing something big somehow.
Old 05-06-2022, 02:00 PM   #69
Scoman
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoman View Post
1901-2021 test sim ,

Individual Season sb totals are way higher than they should be...

Default setting

3 year recalc.

Still the same problem in latest patch,SB are way high.
Scoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 11:29 AM   #70
Johnny Case
Minors (Single A)

I'm getting some very strange stat lines in my 1960s Historical Tournament (Best 16 teams). Some players have 00000s across. Most have nonsense, such as Denny McLain 1968:

16-9
2.73 ERA
242 IP

???????????????? Many such examples. (With the most recent patch.)

Where is this stuff even coming from? Really don't care much about the "real" numbers, except of course if all the ratings are also screwed up.
Johnny Case is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 05:15 PM   #71
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

What import year did you choose when you set up your league? (The import year determines the league strategy, AI, and stats modifiers.) If, for example, you chose 1966, then the "real stats" line in the player profile will show his stats for the 1966 season, even if he's Denny McLain playing for the 1968 Tigers in the tournament. Now, I could be wrong, but I believe the player ratings for McLain will be generated from his stats for the 1968 season (not the 1966 season). That has always been my assumption. If I'm wrong, I hope someone will correct me.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 05:16 PM   #72
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

And all zeroes would mean the player did not play in real life in 1966 (using my example).
Old 05-08-2022, 05:27 PM   #73
Johnny Case
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
What import year did you choose when you set up your league? (The import year determines the league strategy, AI, and stats modifiers.) If, for example, you chose 1966, then the "real stats" line in the player profile will show his stats for the 1966 season, even if he's Denny McLain playing for the 1968 Tigers in the tournament. Now, I could be wrong, but I believe the player ratings for McLain will be generated from his stats for the 1968 season (not the 1966 season). That has always been my assumption. If I'm wrong, I hope someone will correct me.
I see. So the zeros are there for players who had no stats in '65. (The import year I chose.) Are the ratings for, say, the '68 Tigers 1968 ratings or '65?

Has to be '68, right? Otherwise what's the point of setting up a tourney? They should change this to stats for the team year being played.

Thanks for the help. And especially great thanks for your series of stadium works of art. Beautiful stuff. Especially the billboard and outfield wall ads!
Old 05-08-2022, 06:07 PM   #74
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

First things first, I created no stadiums. Credit goes to silvam14. He's the king.

I agree about the stat line. It would be ideal if it matched the team's season. Might be harder to code than we think, though.
Old 05-08-2022, 07:22 PM   #75
Johnny Case
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
First things first, I created no stadiums. Credit goes to silvam14. He's the king.

I agree about the stat line. It would be ideal if it matched the team's season. Might be harder to code than we think, though.

Thank you again, ps. And sorry for the misattribution.I confused "strickert" with "silvam." :-)

But just to be clear: the 1968 Detroit Tigers are the '68 Tigers, correct? They're not the 25-30 members of the team with their 1965 stats and ratings? That would be insane. I certainly understand the game needs a year -- if one is matching clubs from different seasons -- to adjust the season against. (Changing the '61 Yankees ratings to a 1908 environment if one is playing Deadball. I get that.) But why would the game then show the stats from the guidepost season??? Who thought that up?
Old 05-08-2022, 07:33 PM   #76
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

I have no idea how those cross-era (or cross-season) tournaments get rated. There's a formula, but I'm not privy to it. I can ask about the stats display, to see if that can be changed.
Old 05-08-2022, 10:43 PM   #77
Trav876
Minors (Triple A)

Expansion Draft- Historical League

When entering a historical season, the expansion draft (e.g. for the 1993 Rockies/Marlins, and the 1998 Diamondbacks/Devil Rays) looks like it has a bug.

Only 1-2 players are available in the draft. I made sure to check that filters, etc. weren't applied. It says the draft is finished after the 1-2 guys have been picked.

The protected players and rules and such are all on default (35 rounds, protecting players with 4 years or less, every team has up to 15 players to protect).

I also noticed teams were not using all 15 spots to protect players, for whatever reason. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I had the amateur draft disabled, and import historical rookies to their original teams checked. Not sure if that makes a difference (doesn't seem like it should).

I tried this twice and ran into the same issue twice. All default settings were used when setting up (and did include all minors, etc.).

Please let me know if you have other questions about it. Definitely takes a huge chunk of enjoyment out of playing a historical sim
Trav876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 05:10 AM   #78
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav876 View Post
When entering a historical season, the expansion draft (e.g. for the 1993 Rockies/Marlins, and the 1998 Diamondbacks/Devil Rays) looks like it has a bug.

Only 1-2 players are available in the draft. I made sure to check that filters, etc. weren't applied. It says the draft is finished after the 1-2 guys have been picked.

The protected players and rules and such are all on default (35 rounds, protecting players with 4 years or less, every team has up to 15 players to protect).

I also noticed teams were not using all 15 spots to protect players, for whatever reason. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I had the amateur draft disabled, and import historical rookies to their original teams checked. Not sure if that makes a difference (doesn't seem like it should).

I tried this twice and ran into the same issue twice. All default settings were used when setting up (and did include all minors, etc.).

Please let me know if you have other questions about it. Definitely takes a huge chunk of enjoyment out of playing a historical sim
Are you on the latest patch? We fixed up some expansion draft related issues there. So this should be better I think. If you're still seeing this though, let us know and we can take another look.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 12:54 PM   #79
Trav876
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Are you on the latest patch? We fixed up some expansion draft related issues there. So this should be better I think. If you're still seeing this though, let us know and we can take another look.
Yes- I believe so because I clicked on that patch itself to download the game. Then clicked the "purchase" link on the game's home screen.

Additionally, when I just went ahead and clicked the latest patch again (from just a few days ago- correct?), it was named ootp23setup(1), meaning I had already downloaded that type...so I take it that means it's the same.

*Update: Downloaded the patch again, and ran into the exact same issues.
Attached Images

Last edited by Trav876; 05-09-2022 at 02:02 PM.
Trav876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 09:06 PM   #80
mettrain
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Joe Hauser - Real Life Stats 63 HR in 1930

Started a historical replay in 1958 and kept the real life stats to that point. The HR leader was Joe Hauser with 63 HR in 1930. At the time, he was 95 years old according to the real life stats record.
Attached Images
mettrain is offline   Reply With Quote