Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:26 PM   #121
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendcards View Post
Nothing better - haha !!!

I may not post often but I have been a heavy TBCB user for many years. I print fighter histories and have ten's of thousands of bouts logged in my universe. When I noticed all of the bouts go from W DQ to L TKO it was one of those things that stuck out. In all reality if you look at my posting history I first complained about the way DQ's were tracked back 8 years ago. So make fun I probably deserve it.

No matter what, this is the only program on my computer I can honestly say I open daily and for that alone I thank the team who worked on the original version, the new version and all of the contributors on this site that has helped my universe grow to over 30,000 boxers.
Just kidding, Westy. Everybody has something that pokes 'em in the eye.

Cap
Old 05-30-2013, 07:11 PM   #122
Hanson Bros
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
Just kidding, Westy. Everybody has something that pokes 'em in the eye.

Cap
some more trivial than others, like the fact that I stopped testing the new version when the ring card girls didn't pop up in between rounds

actually work is getting in the way but that was a show stopper for me ... and the fact that I couldn't set up a fight with my imported universe without the game crashing on me

UTBA3
Hanson Bros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:30 PM   #123
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanson Bros View Post
actually work is getting in the way but that was a show stopper for me ... and the fact that I couldn't set up a fight with my imported universe without the game crashing on me
I've managed to run two fights without crashes so far. Not really heavy testing. Just dabbling to see where everything is. I recall someone complaining that some data was missing when they imported their old universe. I think some histories are missing, at least amongst the referees. I'm hoping the fighters are clean. Not a fan of the pages thing but I guess I can get used to it. Also annoyed by the histories being listed in descending chronilogical order, but that's the way Boxrec records used to be. These are small things. No idea how the fight engine is really functioning yet. Lee says a lot of stuff has been fixed though. We're getting somewhere. Small steps. Wish I could change font colours. Some things are black against what seems to me like navy blue, making them almost impossible to read. White lettering works best on dark backgrounds. The fonts for names under pics is horrible. Too faint and like bad handwriting. That is where my trading card format idea would work well.

Cap

Last edited by Cap; 05-30-2013 at 09:32 PM.
Cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:05 AM   #124
Hanson Bros
Hall Of Famer

I also thing the pics are too small on the fight screen, when it switches to the condition view you can barely see it ... paul must not know that most of his clientele is old LOL

UTBA3
Hanson Bros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:31 AM   #125
Cap
Hall Of Famer

I'm hoping some of this will be fixed in the next build...

Cap
Old 06-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #126
magiccitydawg
Minors (Double A)

Reading the post thus far and I can tell you that I will wait for June 10th before I make a decision on this. Like someone said in an earlier post it may be the same game with a new paint job, but it is a start in the right direction. I'll be looking on the 10th.
magiccitydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #127
Infinity
Hall Of Famer

I have been on the beta team for quite some time now, and I can tell you that it's more than just a "paint job". One thing I absolutely love about it is the faster save times for instance. Yes, there are some issues still, but Paul has been very active and responsive to the beta team and has fixed things as fast as humanly possible. We must remember he's one programmer. The amount of time it takes to do this sort of thing is staggering for the average person. It's well worth the cost in my eyes, and I have already started moving my uni's to the 2.6 RC 6.

I fully expect 3.0 will be a huge improvement, but our support of 2.6 is essential if 3.0 is to become a reality.
Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #128
Jabez54
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up

I agreed, Infinity ... I'm so thankful to see the improvements, already, by Paul ... he has done an outstanding work, here ... BTW, many thanks to you and the Beta team for your/their outstanding contributions ... I have never seen the amount of support you, mates, have kept this Game alive since 2.5 ... it's really amazing !!
Old 06-08-2013, 01:59 AM   #129
MrSmooth
Minors (Single A)

I will personally wait until the management portion is added and hopefully it's detailed with trainers, promotions, with fighter personalities, marketability, and all other factors before buying again.

This is a step in the right direction, but I've been waiting for a more detailed management/career mode for years now.
MrSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:10 AM   #130
doors11
All Star Reserve

Well it's only 10 bucks and just to have something new is well worth it to me.

This game is so fun and along with OOTP 14 this has been a very good year for me.

I just want to thank the programer for doing this for all of us fight fans..Looking forward to any more improvements to this already great game.
doors11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #131
magiccitydawg
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
I have been on the beta team for quite some time now, and I can tell you that it's more than just a "paint job". One thing I absolutely love about it is the faster save times for instance. Yes, there are some issues still, but Paul has been very active and responsive to the beta team and has fixed things as fast as humanly possible. We must remember he's one programmer. The amount of time it takes to do this sort of thing is staggering for the average person. It's well worth the cost in my eyes, and I have already started moving my uni's to the 2.6 RC 6.

I fully expect 3.0 will be a huge improvement, but our support of 2.6 is essential if 3.0 is to become a reality.
Yeah, I will be there on the 10th.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:19 PM   #132
MrSmooth
Minors (Single A)

I don't doubt the changes are great, if 3 does come out..I will go back and buy this version just to show my thanks. Huge boxing fan and can't wait to have a career mode.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:14 AM   #133
Infinity
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmooth View Post
I don't doubt the changes are great, if 3 does come out..I will go back and buy this version just to show my thanks. Huge boxing fan and can't wait to have a career mode.
You miss my point entirely m8. By supporting Paul's hard work to bring us the first breath of life to this franchise in years, we encourage him to start on 3.0 sooner. We also make it financially feasible for a 3.0 to be made.

This isn't the old team where promises were made and broken. Paul has done everything he has promised with 2.6 and then some.
Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:30 AM   #134
MrSmooth
Minors (Single A)

I understand your point and with the large boxing fanbase and a "first of its kind" simulation, the fanbase is there. Personally, I play simulations for career modes and the immersion of that kind of world and what unfolds when personalities get involved..and all of those things.

I've never been one for "what ifs" or "historical simulation" so I am a slightly different market. I'm not saying nobody should purchase the game, I just believe it's perfectly understandable that fans of the series may want to wait for TBCB 3.

If the aforementioned game is confirmed, I will definitely purchase both to help support the funding of that game. I've even spoke to some of my friends who are boxing fans about the game and even attempted to talk it up on twitter a bit. So, I'm definitely wanting it to succeed.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:07 PM   #135
magiccitydawg
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
You miss my point entirely m8. By supporting Paul's hard work to bring us the first breath of life to this franchise in years, we encourage him to start on 3.0 sooner. We also make it financially feasible for a 3.0 to be made.

This isn't the old team where promises were made and broken. Paul has done everything he has promised with 2.6 and then some.
Alright, I put $20 into the "Road to TBCB 3" pot today. The only reason I didn't get a discount is because I didn't have the proof of purchase from 2.5 . But, in the words of Captain Kirk in Star Trek III, "As we say on Earth, c'est la vie.". I do like the looks of this and the navigation is much easier as before. Now I need to know if there can be a fantasy universe only in this thing. Otherwise, I will have to use one for fantasy and the other for real world boxing universes. But let me express my thanks on this and I HAD BETTER SEE TBCB 3 BEFORE I TURN 60 (I am 50 now, lol)
Old 06-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #136
EricKarl
Minors (Rookie Ball)

So I can use the standard MAC OS now ?
EricKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:41 AM   #137
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricKarl View Post
So I can use the standard MAC OS now ?
Yes, TB2013 runs natively on Mac, Windows and Linux...
pisdpaul is offline   Reply With Quote